Type keyword(s) to search

Jessa, Ben and Their Brood: Making a (Diaper) Mountain out of a Mold House

Message added by Scarlett45

The Duggars post about politics on social media frequently, but these social media posts are not an invitation to discuss politics here in this forum. This rule extends to Duggar adjacent families, friends, associates etc. Such discussions are a violation of the Politics Policy. 

I understand with recent current events there may be a desire to discuss certain social media postings of those in the Duggar realm as they relate to politics- this is not the place for those discussions. If you believe someone has violated forum rules, report them, do not respond or engage.

• Start Topic

20 minutes ago, DangerousMinds said:

Aren’t online language and trends for heathens though?

That's what they always say! But over and over again, people here have noted some Duggar thing and said, wow, that's odd or ugly (or....whatever). And then it's turned out to be a trend that most here hadn't noticed.....Sometimes they seem to be a little behind trends.... but they're clearly watching stuff somewhere.... I guess that's what happens when you simultaneously want to be Old Testament prophets and contemporary TeeVee Stahs and Social Media Darlings at the same time....

• Love 15

I'm a little late...

Re: the Spurgie and "morning light" picture

If you look closely, the cross has printing on the back.  Looks like a Sunday School craft or some type of instructional material.  Total guess, those are the verses for salvation.

Does anyone want to enlarge the picture?  I'm techno low skill. 

• Love 1
7 hours ago, Portia said:

Dear @LibGirl2:

Why did you only consider giving trains to a boy child? Sorry, I've got to ask. 

Sincerely,

A girl who asked for a train set three Christmases in a row and never got one I guess because it was the early '70s . . . ?

This was me with the chemistry set. 

• Love 12
20 minutes ago, Marigold said:

I'm a little late...

If you look closely, the cross has printing on the back.  Looks like a Sunday School craft or some type of instructional material.  Total guess, those are the verses for salvation.

What verses for salvation, exactly?

• Love 3
1 hour ago, Marigold said:

I'm a little late...

Enlarged and flipped it but I can’t read it. Perhaps someone is better at it.

DBF86E52-0C43-436D-ABEF-0F93B0868645.jpeg

• Love 1
3 hours ago, DangerousMinds said:

What verses for salvation, exactly?

Called Roman's Road. or just plainly,  the verses that point to salvation.

ie. Romans 3:23 For all have sinned and fallen short of the glory of God

Romans 6:23  For the wages of sin is death but the gift of God is eternal life through Jesus Christ

You get the point. :)

@ginger90

I cannot make out one thing but it's definitely some type of printing.  Has to be Bible verses, which isn't really shocking but just interesting. 

On 10/12/2018 at 4:11 PM, Marigold said:

I'm a little late...

Okay, I’m an irredeemable heathen, but my first thought was he was practicing warding off vampires.

Edited by Oldernowiser
  • Love 22

My bet is Jessa is clueless about what the emojis actually mean. I attached one on a message to my son only to get a text back telling me that that was an inappropriate emoji to send him. 

• Love 12
4 minutes ago, Nysha said:

My bet is Jessa is clueless about what the emojis actually mean. I attached one on a message to my son only to get a text back telling me that that was an inappropriate emoji to send him. 

Did you send him an eggplant emoji? ?

• Love 13
2 hours ago, Churchhoney said:

Or circus tent? (although in real life I've never seen that kind of tent with a flag on top.)

3 hours ago, ChiCricket said:

Did you send him an eggplant emoji? ?

Well, I learn the most interesting things on this forum. Thanks for sending me to Mr. Google.

• Love 9

Jessa may parent a little better with regards to letting her boys know they are loved somewhat, but she is still a lazy entitled smug bitch. Both Jessa and Jill are useless at anything they do.

It continues to amaze me how no Duggar girl knows how to run a household.

• Love 20
20 hours ago, Nysha said:

It was some heart thingy. Apparently different heart emojis have different meanings. From now on I'm sticking to a smiley face.

Unless the heart has drool coming out of its mouth or something I'm at a loss to see how this got corrupted by the world, lol (though even then, I would probably tend to assume that the heart was signaling that it loved food); but I certainly am curious!  Off to google heart emojis...

• Love 6
10 hours ago, Churchhoney said:

An erection.... Tent! Get it? lol ....Yeah, definitely don't wanta send that one to your kids. ha

Pitching a trouser tent.  I never would have put that together!

I use smiley and frowny emojis.  I thought the stuffed emoji at a variety store here, was a Hershey's kiss, only to be corrected, and told it was a pile of poop.

I can be dense at times.  I'm old.

• Love 20
52 minutes ago, xwordfanatik said:

I use smiley and frowny emojis.  I thought the stuffed emoji at a variety store here, was a Hershey's kiss, only to be corrected, and told it was a pile of poop.

I don't think that that's dense! A stuffed pile of poop??? Really! A Hershey kiss makes much more sense ...

On Elementary, Sherlock Holmes thought it was soft-serve ice cream. ... So it's not just you!  

Edited by Churchhoney
  • Love 13
20 hours ago, ChiCricket said:

pitch a tent

To have an erection while lying down so that the sheets covering you pop up like a tent with a pole in the middle.

This can also happen in pants.  Particularly loose basketball shorts.  Do not ask me how I know.

• Love 7
2 hours ago, xwordfanatik said:

Me too but I’ve decided to keep using whatever emoji I want whenever I want to.  At least that way I’ll bring laughter to my nieces and nephews.  Plus it’ll give them something to share at my wake.  I’m not catholic or Irish but I’m totally having a wake.  

• Love 20
19 hours ago, beagletime said:

This can also happen in pants.  Particularly loose basketball shorts.  Do not ask me how I know.

LOL.  I remember in the movie Juno, Ellen Page's character called them 'pork sticks', when the guys were running around the track.

I really was clueless in high school about those things, until I started dating in my junior year.  Just imagine, Duggars!  Kissing and thereby giving a guy a boner, does NOT have to lead to full-on fornication!  They don't trust their kids at all, period.  Which makes me think they aren't at all confident in their parenting, even with their "Christian Standards."  

Back to Ben and Jess, it's a huge plus that Ben seems to be a natural dad, even though he was a teenage groom.  

• Love 9
22 hours ago, Nysha said:

I don't understand why none of them learned to cook. The Duggar big house has a fabulous kitchen and they had money to buy normal ingredients, even in the amounts that would feed all of the children, when the older girls were teens. I understand being forced to clean house as a child to the point that as an adult you have no desire to do more than hide the unfolded clothes under the bedspread and the unwashed dishes in the oven. But cooking can be fun, especially when the kitchen is another sibling's jurisdiction.

Although, it did occur to me that the older girls had their buddy groups attached to their apron strings all day and sometimes even at night. It would be hard to learn a new skill at 13, 14, 15, & 16 while being the sole caretaker of 3-4 younger siblings, homeschooling yourself and your siblings, and doing all the household chores. I swear, just thinking about the Duggar girls' childhood has sucked all the sunshine out of my day. 

Two fabulous kitchens -- the show kitchen and the industrial kitchen, both of which are nicer than mine. I'd love just to have as much counter space as the Duggars do. 

• Love 24
28 minutes ago, Heathen said:

Two fabulous kitchens -- the show kitchen and the industrial kitchen, both of which are nicer than mine. I'd love just to have as much counter space as the Duggars do. 

I would also. I’d use some of it for sitting at, not on, though.

• Love 14
4 minutes ago, ginger90 said:

I would also. I’d use some of it for sitting at, not on, though.

Same. Only my cats sit on the counter (I clean before and after cooking, and life is too short to spend it chasing cats off the counter). 

• Love 10
On 10/13/2018 at 11:43 PM, ChiCricket said:

pitch a tent

To have an erection while lying down so that the sheets covering you pop up like a tent with a pole in the middle.

Howling over here. Call me Captain Oblivious. 

• Love 7
5 hours ago, Ijustwantsomechips said:

Yeah I think it faded about 3 months ago. Cue Jessa trying for another to keep her audience.  

And remember when Henry was born he had that grumpy old man look?  He has cutened up quite nicely!

• Love 6

I had a thing for that grumpy little guy!  Winston Churchill or not, Henry is a cutie.

I wonder whether Ben and Jessa are using the forbidden birth control?  Like I suspected JinJer were, early on.  If so, good for them.

Boob can piss up a rope if he thinks he has total control over his kids' fertility.  If he tried telling me to hurry up and reproduce, I'd tell him just that.  I realize his brainwashed kids wouldn't dream of it.  Too bad.

• Love 10
44 minutes ago, xwordfanatik said:

I wonder whether Ben and Jessa are using the forbidden birth control?  Like I suspected JinJer were, early on.  If so, good for them.

I don't know if Bin and Jessa are using BC yet, but I think they'll start talking themselves into well before they have a dozen kids.  They seem like they'll be smart enough to limit their offspring to a readily managable number because they're both bright enough to see how much less time, attention, and money they'll have available for each additional child.  Couple that with a healthy dose of wanting some time for themselves as individuals and as a couple, and they'll come around.  And yes, good for them. 

I also suspected the Jinger and what's his name did some kind of BC, merely because of the confident way they announced that they wouldn't be having a baby right away, but sometime within the next five years.  I was disappointed that they folded so quickly, but I think family pressure got to Jinger, and she talked the mister into it.  "But honey, everyone knows how fertile our family is.  If we don't have a baby soon, there's going to be talk.  They're already wondering what's taking so long.  What if they think we don't know what we're doing, you know, in the bedroom?  Or if they think one of us isn't able to have kids?" <stare at his crotch>  Bring up how much fun it would be to have a living doll to dress up and voilà, baby is on the way.

At least I'm hoping that Jinger's example of going to a real doctor and delivering comfortably (as much as possible) in a hospital setting will help her siblings get out of the mindset of using badly trained midwives and trying for home deliveries.  I still don't know how they got into that.  Their mother had no problem accessing proper medical care when she was expecting and delivering.

• Love 10
3 hours ago, Zahdii said:

I don't know if Bin and Jessa are using BC yet, but I think they'll start talking themselves into well before they have a dozen kids.  They seem like they'll be smart enough to limit their offspring to a readily managable number because they're both bright enough to see how much less time, attention, and money they'll have available for each additional child.  Couple that with a healthy dose of wanting some time for themselves as individuals and as a couple, and they'll come around.  And yes, good for them. 

I also suspected the Jinger and what's his name did some kind of BC, merely because of the confident way they announced that they wouldn't be having a baby right away, but sometime within the next five years.  I was disappointed that they folded so quickly, but I think family pressure got to Jinger, and she talked the mister into it.  "But honey, everyone knows how fertile our family is.  If we don't have a baby soon, there's going to be talk.  They're already wondering what's taking so long.  What if they think we don't know what we're doing, you know, in the bedroom?  Or if they think one of us isn't able to have kids?" <stare at his crotch>  Bring up how much fun it would be to have a living doll to dress up and voilà, baby is on the way.

At least I'm hoping that Jinger's example of going to a real doctor and delivering comfortably (as much as possible) in a hospital setting will help her siblings get out of the mindset of using badly trained midwives and trying for home deliveries.  I still don't know how they got into that.  Their mother had no problem accessing proper medical care when she was expecting and delivering.

OMG I couldn't agree with you more on ANY of this!!!

i also think that Jessa has picked up on the idea that Jinger was using BC, even if she never specifically mentioned it. Jessa's smart enough to read between the lines, and may have brought it up to Bin. Depending on how the family treated Jinger, she may have some incentive to start BC herself. If they say around every night at the TTH bemoaning that Jinger wasn't pregnant yet, that's one thing, but if people were shockingly quiet on the matter, that might be all the incentive Jessa needs. I do suspect she and Bin might use it, at least natural family planning. 

• Love 3
1 hour ago, Nysha said:

Jeremy may have had a word or two with Ben about how believing God was against using birth control was a Catholic creed, not a Calvinist one.

If only he'd also said that abortion/Roe v Wade was also originally seen as a Catholic issue, not an evangelical one. 

• Love 6
19 hours ago, lascuba said:

If only he'd also said that abortion/Roe v Wade was also originally seen as a Catholic issue, not an evangelical one. 

Unfortunately, thanks to the fervent efforts of evangelical theologian Francis Schaeffer and a bunch of politicos and semi-politicos like C. Everett Koop, Jack Kemp and so on, abortion was hammered into an evangelical issue starting in the 70s. ... Too many people saw it -- correctly -- as a road to political power for those alliances ever to be unwound now, probably. Despite Jer's, Bin's, Der's and others' disdain for Catholic beliefs in most other ways! 

• Love 12
On 10/15/2018 at 2:56 PM, xwordfanatik said:

Just imagine, Duggars!  Kissing and thereby giving a guy a boner, does NOT have to lead to full-on fornication!  They don't trust their kids at all, period.  Which makes me think they aren't at all confident in their parenting, even with their "Christian Standards."  

Oh but it does lead to fornication!  The boys have desires that can't be righteously fulfilled! Hussy women! Giving the boys boners that can't be taken care of! The horror!!  And of course, the devil whispering in the boys ears.  The poor things have no self control! They have to have sex immediately! 

• Love 7
3 hours ago, QuinnInND said:

Oh but it does lead to fornication!  The boys have desires that can't be righteously fulfilled! Hussy women! Giving the boys boners that can't be taken care of! The horror!!  And of course, the devil whispering in the boys ears.  The poor things have no self control! They have to have sex immediately! 

Ha!  If you have ever seen Animal House, then you know about the devil/angel thing.  And the angel won, despite the heathen frat boy's urge to get down & dirty!  Damn, these fundies don't trust any man to contain his apparent constant state of horniness, do they?  Nuts.

• Love 6
23 minutes ago, SMama said:

First, I'm not a Jessa fan, but her videos are such a stark contrast to Jill's. Henry is doing something cute, she started filming. No voice over explaining how much Henry loves airplanes and making airplane sounds. No asking Henry if he is enjoying playing with his airplane, nor directing him to place the plane on the coffee table. Just a toddler using his imagination, and I truly hope they don't squash the boys' creativity. I'm also pleased Jessa refrained from, #Henrylovesplanes, #Besthusbandeverboughtboyagenderappropriatetoy, #boysmom.

......and no Yay like Jill.

• Love 16