Type keyword(s) to search

Jessa, Ben and Their Brood: Making a (Diaper) Mountain out of a Mold House

Message added by Scarlett45

The Duggars post about politics on social media frequently, but these social media posts are not an invitation to discuss politics here in this forum. This rule extends to Duggar adjacent families, friends, associates etc. Such discussions are a violation of the Politics Policy. 

I understand with recent current events there may be a desire to discuss certain social media postings of those in the Duggar realm as they relate to politics- this is not the place for those discussions. If you believe someone has violated forum rules, report them, do not respond or engage.

• Start Topic

On 5/17/2018 at 10:42 PM, BitterApple said:

The girls and Michelle have, yes. It's especially noticeable in Joy. She had yellow-ish teeth prior to her engagement, then when she walked down the aisle they were pearly white.

While avoiding an endless amount of work at home, I looked a pictures of Duggar teeth.  It's amazing what is fascinating when you are procrastinating!!

Joy's teeth were definitely whitened before the engagement.  Jinger's looks whitened but very subtly.  Jill's teeth looked natural, then super white and now natural again.  Michelle's teeth were whitened.  Kendra seems to have an electric white smile also.  Jessa is the only one who seems to have always had white teeth. 

What is this teeth whitening cult?  Gothard had a white teeth fetish too????? 

• Love 7

@Marigold, I definitely feel your dental pain.  It's interesting that you mentioned whiter-than-white teeth.  When I had my had my "smile 6" upper front teeth crowned, I asked that they NOT be denture white.  They even recreated my small diastema.

The Duggars must have a fundie dentist on retainer, for braces and whitening.  

• Love 2
13 minutes ago, Kokapetl said:

How old is too old for the rubber nipple?

I don't think there is any such thing.  At least, the last thing I heard was, "it's currently considered wrong and possibly even dangerous/detrimental to future development, to set up expectations for anything that any child "should" be doing, based upon an arbitrary timetable."  

I do wish that, however old the photo is, they'd do more to discourage Spurge's attempts to use his teeth as a third hand anchoring heavy things.  In the modern world, there's no excuse for using teeth as tools outside of masticating food (my mother's pet peeve was people crunching ice, biting threads, and using their teeth to pry off bottle caps); and it certainly seems like a good way to encourage buck teeth.

• Love 3
1 hour ago, Lunera said:

3165441a-f3af-4842-b324-b87de1531729.thumb.jpg.f877b6b1673ac8241aeb236d743d4d1d.jpg908e600e-96b1-48aa-801f-8fdee5ff79a1.thumb.jpg.04c86eacb4d07d5eb251eec6b4caba1b.jpg

Bin turns 23 today. I bet they just copy and paste this from last year.

Aw, I kinda hate myself for thinking it, but I do think Ben is kind of adorable...And the fact that he obviously loves his boys so much doesn't hurt...

• Love 8
5 minutes ago, Jynnan tonnix said:

Aw, I kinda hate myself for thinking it, but I do think Ben is kind of adorable...And the fact that he obviously loves his boys so much doesn't hurt...

He’d be more adorable if he stopped cleaning JB’s toilets and got a real job. Someday, the TLC money will dry up. 

• Love 10
12 minutes ago, irisheyes said:

He is a good dad. I just wonder if he’ll look back at himself when he’s 40 and regret getting married at 18.  Not everyone has a wild 20’s, but I feel like everyone should have time to figure out who they are before they marry someone. 

Ben will be a grandfather when he is 40.

• Love 10
10 hours ago, Mollie said:

Ben will be a grandfather when he is 40.

Well, then he'll have figured out who he is, I guess. A bossed-around toilet-cleaning grandfather with ministerial ambitions and no permission to use social media.

• Love 14
13 hours ago, Kokapetl said:

How old is too old for the rubber nipple?

If I remember correctly, Jessa got a lot of shit for Spurgie still using a bottle at 2. I think she ended up making another post about it as well after all the negative comments.

• Love 3
29 minutes ago, Madtown said:

If I remember correctly, Jessa got a lot of shit for Spurgie still using a bottle at 2. I think she ended up making another post about it as well after all the negative comments.

I don't care how long the kids are on a bottle/not potty trained/use a pacifier.  they all get with the program in due time.  It's harder with thumb suckers, because those can't ever disappear!  

• Love 24
7 hours ago, lookeyloo said:

I don't care how long the kids are on a bottle/not potty trained/use a pacifier.  they all get with the program in due time.  It's harder with thumb suckers, because those can't ever disappear!  

My brother was a massive thumb sucker. He actually got a welt of sorts on it. My mom finally put pepper extract on it when he was almost 4 and that was the last time he sucked his thumb. This was in the 60's and recommended by the pediatrician..lol

• Love 3

Why is Henry dressed up like someone's old grandpa in that photo? I just don't like the 'grown up clothing' for babies. It's not for them, IMO, nor is it comfortable for them to have those seams and restrictions. I don't care for the way Jessa is doing some things, either. Spurgie should be using a sippy cup by now. This is just my opinion also.

• Love 5
1 minute ago, Madtown said:

My brother was a massive thumb sucker. He actually got a welt of sorts on it. My mom finally put pepper extract on it when he was almost 4 and that was the last time he sucked his thumb. This was in the 60's and recommended by the pediatrician..lol

That's fine.  Everyone does their thing.  Recently cousins were told by pediatrician that their one year old should get off the bottle.  She is pregnant and due in a few months.  Why can't the little fellow have some comfort from the bottle?  My mother used to say you never see a kid in kindergarten with a bottle, pacifier or in diapers.  As Fred Armisen as Joy Behar said "so what who cares", but, if that doesn't work for anyone, do what you need to do to be happy!!! All good.

• Love 15
2 minutes ago, lookeyloo said:

That's fine.  Everyone does their thing.  Recently cousins were told by pediatrician that their one year old should get off the bottle.  She is pregnant and due in a few months.  Why can't the little fellow have some comfort from the bottle?  My mother used to say you never see a kid in kindergarten with a bottle, pacifier or in diapers.  As Fred Armisen as Joy Behar said "so what who cares", but, if that doesn't work for anyone, do what you need to do to be happy!!! All good.

I've watched kids for years and years. Had my share of bottles and pacifiers. I myself, didn't have many kids that used pacifiers. If they did, they really never used it during the day and I didn't encourage it unless they hurt themselves or were getting ready for nap. I wanted to hear them babble and when they got to be 2 or 3, actually talk..lol I always considered the pacifier a comforter and not needed to be used all day long. The parents didn't want them to have it in all day either. The last one I watched, never used it, just had no interest. As far as bottles, most of the parents I worked for took their kids off the bottle around 16-20 months or so. I just worked with them to get their child off of it. I never took the initiatvie with that.

If Spuge and Henry take a bottle till their 3, so be it. I always say it's up to the parents. Most of the kids I watched, the pediatricians would tell the parents bottles and pacifiers weren't bad for the teeth like they do now. I don't find a 1 year old still on a bottle a bad thing at all.

• Love 6
On 5/10/2018 at 8:52 AM, Nysha said:

1) Most restaurant type businesses frown on people taking up seats without purchasing anything. The few times I've been inside one of my local Starbucks, it's been very crowded. If I was planning on taking a break at Starbucks, drinking a latte and snacking on a bagel while reading my Kindle and all the seat were full, I might decide to head someplace else instead of grabbing something to go.

2) I totally agree with you here. 

I was at my local Chick Fil A..meeting my 2 coworkers for lunch.  They purchased their lunches from there, I brought my lunch, along with utensils, napkins from Panda Express across the street.  The manager/owner actually approached me and asked me to leave! Here we are, 3, 50ish women eating lunch!  I was in pure shock! None of us have ever stepped foot back into his establishment.  TRUE STORY.

• Love 1

Jessa made a whole post explaining the bottle after she got tons of negative comments.  She said Spurgeon prefers drinking milk from a bottle but it's usually only before bedtime.

• Love 1
12 minutes ago, louannems said:

But isn't it common knowledge, or perhaps courtesy, to not bring outside food into any eating establishment?  It may also be a health code rule.

I don't think anyone is allowed to bring in "outside" food into any restaurant around here.  Health Code rules.  The exception may be cheerios or other crunchies for small children.  Since the restaurant is responsible for the quality of food consumed in their establishment, they cannot control food that is brought in.

• Love 21
(edited)

Although I do notice lots of people walking into all sorts of restaurants with a Starbucks drink!

But I'm in the Seattle area, so maybe it's their god-given right.

Edited by louannems
  • Love 13
On 5/20/2018 at 3:44 PM, Saltgypsie said:

I was at my local Chick Fil A..meeting my 2 coworkers for lunch.  They purchased their lunches from there, I brought my lunch, along with utensils, napkins from Panda Express across the street.  The manager/owner actually approached me and asked me to leave! Here we are, 3, 50ish women eating lunch!  I was in pure shock! None of us have ever stepped foot back into his establishment.  TRUE STORY.

Never have gone to Chick Fil A and never will.  That is really rude.  They had two paying customers there and now they won't have those two.  One can find a fried chicken sammie elsewhere.

• Love 6
3 minutes ago, GeeGolly said:

Ben has been active on Twitter. He's a bit riled up over the recent Ireland vote.

Welll, what does he expect from a country full of ebill Catholics?  

• Love 10
(edited)

699eab06-564f-4e41-a0ae-fd063a1a194c.thumb.png.4a9bd70ffaaaa83dff080b98c691317e.png

He deleted it, I guess he couldn't take the heat but the Internet is forever. He went back and forth with a woman who kept telling him it was no one's but the woman's choice. He kept insisting that the fetus life was equal to a grown woman's life.

Edited by Lunera
  • Love 8
2 hours ago, Picture It. Sicily said:

I suppose he wasn't up in arms over the women who have died because of the ban...

Not to mention the whole culture of sex-and-gender-related repression that gave rise to Ireland's horrifying "orphanage" history. ... It's all of a piece, Binny boy. 

Jessa must have fallen asleep on the job to let him start posting, though. 

• Love 21
(edited)

I checked Bin's twitter, he didn't delete the post after all I think he just blocked the woman he was arguing with because I can't see her anymore. There are tons of responses now. Bin also has a message for the haters.

What a fucken tool.

Screenshot_20180528-090252.thumb.jpg.039c0acf572a0a85884c4a3e224152f2.jpg

Edited by Lunera
(edited)
On 5/20/2018 at 5:46 PM, louannems said:

But isn't it common knowledge, or perhaps courtesy, to not bring outside food into any eating establishment?  It may also be a health code rule.

I would never bring outside food into an actual restaurant. Now I might bring it to an outdoor table outside the restaurant if it was shared with other restaurants. I might bring candy to a movie( but buy drink and popcorn there),or a birthday cake to a bowling alley, etc.  

it is a health department edict for one thing, plus you are taking a seat from a customer of their establishment.  However this is probably the reason we see the Dillard’s eat in parking lots. 

Edited by mythoughtis
  • Love 12
7 hours ago, GeeGolly said:

Ben has been active on Twitter. He's a bit riled up over the recent Ireland vote.

Oh I wish I knew what Derelick was Tweeting about it.  I'm sure he must be on a rant as well. 

• Love 7