Type keyword(s) to search

Jessa, Ben and Their Brood: Making a (Diaper) Mountain out of a Mold House

Message added by Scarlett45

The Duggars post about politics on social media frequently, but these social media posts are not an invitation to discuss politics here in this forum. This rule extends to Duggar adjacent families, friends, associates etc. Such discussions are a violation of the Politics Policy. 

I understand with recent current events there may be a desire to discuss certain social media postings of those in the Duggar realm as they relate to politics- this is not the place for those discussions. If you believe someone has violated forum rules, report them, do not respond or engage.

• Start Topic

2 hours ago, Nysha said:

Jessa posted on Instagram that she would have liked to breastfeed Spurgeon until he was two, but he weaned himself off the breast and she ended up using a bottle for him. I'm not on Instagram, but here's an article with the post embedded: https://www.romper.com/p/do-all-the-duggars-breastfeed-they-take-a-pretty-realistic-view-about-feeding-their-babies-8286508

Didn't Jessa say in her most recent IG post that she was still breastfeeding Henry and he is like 16 months old?

On ‎6‎/‎14‎/‎2018 at 11:22 AM, Natalie68 said:

If she comes to the prayer closet I am not sharing any of my goodies with her!  

Not the cool, goodie filled prayer closet.  She needs a trip to the one at the TTH.  That'll fix her.

• Love 7
11 hours ago, Natalie68 said:

It was!  I remember walking around with my hand over my eye for a long time.  It must have been fun having brothers so much older.  That is how one of my older male cousins was.  Very protective of me.   Siblings can be BRUTAL with each other.  I think it makes us all a little stronger.  Crazy!  You are sooooo lucky!  And you get to bring it up if he ever bugs you.  Remember the time you almost put my eye out???  HA!

Hahaha Yes I still use that and a few other incidents as ammo against him! To be fair, he has some he uses against me. :D 

• Love 1

If Henry is so "content", why's he so clearly (1) in BEN's arms in the picture, unless Jessa has developed a manly thicket of forearm hair; (2), looks like he's just finished a crying jag?  His eyes are red and damp, his face is blotchy, and you can all but see the quivering of his little lips through the photo.  He's clearly hurt and upset.  Not that I think we should stone Spurgie because kids, but I don't think it's right to fake-news the kid's pain into some cutesy story.  

• Love 6
21 minutes ago, louannems said:
1 hour ago, SMama said:

What the heck is going on with Ben’s haircut?

Maybe Jessa allowed him to go to a fancy real barber?

This! It's not my cup of tea, but it's "trendy"... no way Jessa did it herself. I wonder if Ben actually stood up for himself/ made a decision on his own, or if Jessa encouraged it after reading internet comments about the state of his hair?

• Love 7
1 hour ago, SMama said:

I think Ben has tried to meld the standard 1950's Conservative Christian haircut with the latest shaved sides haircut that's running rampant these days.  It was an unfortunate choice for him, as it doesn't flatter him at all. 

Luckily, Ben is a young healthy man and his hair will grow out quickly.  He won't have to spend too much time looking like an awkward distant relative of Lyle Lovett.  One needs a certain amount of charisma to pull that off.

• Love 16

More interesting is the story she posted about breastfeeding Henry in order to get him to sleep. You know, to put to bed those rumors of her using breastfeeding as a form of birth control ;)

• Love 1
(edited)

One of my nephews is currently sporting a very similar hair cut. Only his long side is basically chin length and most of the time half in his face. He'll be 16 in a week and a half, so it's certainly a trendy and current look. 

I see Jessa gave a shout out to Ben, but not Jim Bob. I just checked Jill and Jinger's pages too. Jill had a random pic of Derick, one of his dad, and one of Jim Bob, but Jinger didn't have anything either. It's almost like all the girls knew there would be hell to pay if they didn't post giant tributes to Michelle on Mother's Day or something. 

Edited by Fostersmom
  • Love 7
(edited)

There are a lot of kids on SGirl’s swim team with that haircut, but longer hair like @Fostersmom explained. Funny thing is they are 11 and under. For some reason past that age not a single one so far. 

Edited by SMama

That haircut is really popular among the hipsters. I think Ben was sick of his helmet head and got his hair professionally done.

There's a recent picture of Jessa in another one of her Old Navy dresses. Definitely showing off that she's still not pregnant. Good for them, I think they got some kind of reality check and realized can can't handle a hoard of kids.db2686ea-1432-4ffe-b439-73ef865e9ef1.thumb.jpg.e4b0e5dca2601821be4613426634c436.jpg

834b9d56-05e9-482c-9768-b6a70b33c0a3.jpg.36cbcd77f91f1623a4336f026a383e2c.jpg

• Love 12

All I can think of is - Jessa get some bangs for that forehead!  

Joe, stand up straight!

Who in the hell picked out the 1970's colors of the bottom of the cafeteria line in the big kitchen?

Also I'm guessing Boob installed the tray rail because it doesn't meet up in the center and it's also off left to right.

Dear Gods, please tell me that one of those casseroles is NOT Tater Tot, or that Jill made ANYTHING on that line.

Shock - Joe has a, wait for it, PAPER plate, not a styrofoam plate that will still be here when his great grandkids die.  

Meanwhile - GET OFF MY LAWN!  :-)

• Love 18

Jessa did have thick bangs a while back that she hated and grew out. Every time I see her hair, I want to hack off at least six inches from the length. It's ridiculous that they consider it acceptable to cut bangs but not to trim off length because "God gave women hair as a covering" or whatever. Looking like you have a mass of weeds dangling off your head doesn't do you any favors. 

• Love 4

That is not a dress made for nursing.  But she looks nice - in fact, they are all dressed nicely for church.  I don't care for Ben's hairstyle either, but whoever did it, did a good job.  

• Love 7

My son-in-law had a very similar haircut to Ben's for a while. I didn't think it looked bad  real life. Son-in-law definitely has a bit of hipsterish vibe to his style so  figured it was probably trendy, but I can't say I've noticed a ton of those cuts while out and about. I'm not really around a whole lot of younger people on a regular basis, though. I sort of see it as an exaggerated version of the standard conservative boys' cut - like what you might get if you styled hair literally after a pop-art sort of image from a wholesome advertisement from the 50's.

• Love 5

I like the dress on Jessa, but she needs to hack 6-7 inches off that hair. Her face looks long and thinned out since losing weight and the hair is dragging her down. 

As far as Bin, I like the new haircut.

• Love 8
On 6/17/2018 at 8:32 AM, SMama said:

Its very alt-right.  Maybe its so we can't pick him out as easily next time there is a gathering in Charlottesville?

• Love 6

Ben has been the most open minded of the bunch. Though, I pay no attention to Jeremy. It's a trendy haircut. And "Nipster?" seriously? And Ben was marching in Charlottesville? I must have missed that. Oh, that's right, he didn't. It's a stupid haircut, that a lot of people still have. 

• Love 21
20 minutes ago, HoboClayton said:

Ben has been the most open minded of the bunch. Though, I pay no attention to Jeremy. It's a trendy haircut. And "Nipster?" seriously? And Ben was marching in Charlottesville? I must have missed that. Oh, that's right, he didn't. It's a stupid haircut, that a lot of people still have. 

No I was being snarky!

• Love 4

Well. As we have seen time and time again with these people, speculation gets spread, and it turns to truth. Tomorrow, Ben will be a full on racist, who burned crosses on lawns, because of a haircut. And, these "modern Nazi's" would absolutely shit their precious little britches if they truly had to face the horrors of that awful time. Anyways..  The boys are so cute in their little outfits though. And, glad to see they still have that light in their eyes. 

• Love 6
(edited)
On 17/06/2018 at 6:57 AM, galaxychaser said:

Spur and his sweet mischievous smile. What a cutie.

What a fake smile! He's baring all his teeth. Typical of lying first born children who get away with everything

Look at poor Henry's abrasions:

k13q8j.jpg

When I was a (middle) child, I had the baby of the family throw a cast iron Thomas The Tank Engine toy at my head, causing a lump, and the psycho first born chip my teeth by slamming my face into a fence, in the same fucking week. 

Edited by Kokapetl
  • Love 4

Dear Henry, I love you, because I'm a second child, too.  My big sister chipped one of my front teeth by slapping my hand when I was drinking a soda (glass bottle; it was the 60's.)

He is a really cute kid.  S Elliot will probably have at least a few more babies to get mom's attention too.  Get used to it, big bro.

• Love 4

My older brother stabbed me with a pencil when he was 4 because I was trying to take his paper way. I pushed my little brother down the porch steps and he ended up with 2 stitches on his chin when I was 3 because he grabbed my doll. Toddlers and preschoolers can be pretty damn vicious without growing up to be psychopaths. I'm pretty sure that this is just the first of many Spurgeon/Henry tussles, some of them Spurgeon will win and some of them Henry will win.

• Love 24
(edited)
13 hours ago, Jynnan tonnix said:

My son-in-law had a very similar haircut to Ben's for a while. I didn't think it looked bad  real life. Son-in-law definitely has a bit of hipsterish vibe to his style so  figured it was probably trendy, but I can't say I've noticed a ton of those cuts while out and about. I'm not really around a whole lot of younger people on a regular basis, though. I sort of see it as an exaggerated version of the standard conservative boys' cut - like what you might get if you styled hair literally after a pop-art sort of image from a wholesome advertisement from the 50's.

Ben’s haircut is called a Fade.  Very much “in” right now.  Yay, Ben.

Edited by farmgal4
  • Love 6

My daughter was 3 and half when she climbed into my sons play pin (he was about 4 -6 months) and slathered him down with Vaseline..it was like cleaning a slippery turkey in the kitchen sink to get it all off...a few weeks later she got into my sisters read lipstick and created the perfect red lips ..and 2 inches around the lips..oh and eyebrows...no hitting or pushing though..

• Love 14
7 hours ago, HoboClayton said:

. It's a stupid haircut, that a lot of people still have

Agreed. My kids are young adults and I see high school and college kids daily. That cut is still popular—not just with hipsters, either. Turn on the World Cup and look at the cuts on many players. 

• Love 8
On 6/17/2018 at 10:01 PM, Sew Sumi said:

The last laugh is on Ben. The cut (this generation) originated in the gay community like 3 years ago.

Is that why he suddenly looks like Fredrik from Million Dollar Listing?  Sorry, Ben, you aren't ambitious enough.

• Love 8

Jessa is so much more media-savvy than clueless Jill.  My city has no Whole Foods, but I'm sure Jessa's heard that's where the celebs shop.

Calculating is right.  "Lookie lookie, I'm such a healthy eater."  Hopefully Jessa has a clue about nutrition.  Jill doesn't.

• Love 6