Type keyword(s) to search

Jessa, Ben and Their Brood: Making a (Diaper) Mountain out of a Mold House

Message added by Scarlett45

The Duggars post about politics on social media frequently, but these social media posts are not an invitation to discuss politics here in this forum. This rule extends to Duggar adjacent families, friends, associates etc. Such discussions are a violation of the Politics Policy. 

I understand with recent current events there may be a desire to discuss certain social media postings of those in the Duggar realm as they relate to politics- this is not the place for those discussions. If you believe someone has violated forum rules, report them, do not respond or engage.

• Start Topic

10 hours ago, SMama said:

Are the older M kids wearing Chacos (or knock offs)? Good for them to wear weather appropriate footwear instead of flip flops.  If they’d only extend Mackenzy (sic) the courtesy of wearing weather appropriate clothing. She doesn’t need those stupid leggings under her dress. 

I think leggings under dresses are pretty standard attire for little girls these days. I not only see the little girls at my grandson's school & daycare wear them whenever they have dresses on, but I've seen them on Nicole Kidman & Jennifer Garner's girls, too. 

Also, besides ugly, Anna's shoes are huge. Are her feet really that big or did she see those things at Goodwill & thought they looked too cool to pass up even though they're 2 sizes too big?

Edited by Nysha
  • Love 2

Oh, my daughter is ten and wouldn’t be caught in an outfit like that since she was little. She is also a super hero loving creature, and wears SH costumes like other girls wear princess dresses. I will amend my comment to say it would be nice if M1 (can’t spell her name) could wear shorts like her brothers. 

The Smuggars no longer have DC $$$, so you may be correct. It’s back to buy used and save the difference. Anna’s life really took a dive thanks to her sanctimonous, molester, cheater husband. Boob and Mullet too, since they had her sequestered in the girls’ dorm. The Duggars own plenty of real estate and could have easily afforded Anna the dignity of being in her own house. And yet she didn’t think twice about bragging about having the only Duggar granddaughters. They never learn.

Edited by SMama
  • Love 1
11 hours ago, Nysha said:

I think leggings under dresses are pretty standard attire for little girls these days. I not only see the little girls at my grandson's school & daycare wear them whenever they have dresses on, but I've seen them on Nicole Kidman & Jennifer Garner's girls, too. 

Also, besides ugly, Anna's shoes are huge. Are her feet really that big or did she see those things at Goodwill & thought they looked too cool to pass up even though they're 2 sizes too big?

I grew up wearing shorts under dresses or skirts to school (not just on gym days) as did most of the girls in my class. I guess leggings are the modern version.

I think Anna was wearing the same shirt at Smuggar's birthday party. (Dont feel like checking) Maybe she has only one "nice" shirt to wear now that they seem back to thrift store shopping. 

• Love 3

I have a feeling if Jessa isn't pregnant now, she will be by the end of the summer. She's way too bitchy and competitive to be upstaged by Jinger and her fancy baby shower. Jinger is People's new Duggar Darling and you know that is NOT sitting well with Jessa at all.

• Love 23

I can picture it now! Jessa telling Ben they have been upstaged by Jinger, and Jessa needs to hurry up and get pregnant especially with a girl because no one, repeat no one, is going to top her and Ben as the best married Duggar couple.

I don't think Jessa is in a hurry to get pregnant and birth another kid. She just got her body back after 2 back to back pregnancies. I remember reading somewhere that she was on a strict gluten free, low carb diet. Jessa is loving the attention she is getting, now that's she's thinner than ever and having gone a whole year without getting pregnant. 

• Love 2
4 hours ago, Barb23 said:

I grew up wearing shorts under dresses or skirts to school (not just on gym days) as did most of the girls in my class. I guess leggings are the modern version.

the Nuns banned us from wearing shorts under our uniforms because supposedly girls were flashing their shorts at recess. We also couldn't wear patent leather shoes out of concern that are underwear would be reflected. Religion is weird.

Here in Indiana we have a pharmacy in town that also arranges group trips and their sign board has been advertising an upcoming trip to Magnolia Farms (and another one to Graceland).

• Love 6
3 hours ago, BitterApple said:

I have a feeling if Jessa isn't pregnant now, she will be by the end of the summer. She's way too bitchy and competitive to be upstaged by Jinger and her fancy baby shower. Jinger is People's new Duggar Darling and you know that is NOT sitting well with Jessa at all.

If Jessa is pregnant by the end of the summer, all that means is that she doesn't believe in family planning/birth control. Most people who don't use any form of fp/bc end up pregnant within a year's time and usually within the first four to six months. The odds go up for women under 35.  It isn't because she's a bitch or competitive, that's the reality of their lifestyle.

It's not lifestyle I would chose or believe in, but it's what they believe or at least how she was raised. 

Edited by Temperance
  • Love 11
21 hours ago, Marigold said:

I don't like to be negative about a woman's appearance but Anna looks really rough. Speaks volumes, in my opinion. 

Maybe Joshey's new kink is "Farm Whore".

20 hours ago, jcbrown said:

Completely agree. I think Boob and MEchelle would be utterly oblivious because it is so far outside their experience and understanding and they have zero imagination. I hope that Jana and Laura someday get to move out together, whatever the nature of their relationship.

Isn't Mullet's sister a member of the LGBTT community? I would think that Mullet would have radar for the signs, and she'd be Journeyed to the Heart at a moment's notice.

Jessa's Old Navy Tall Department frock is hideous. All of them look like borderline Amy Farrah Fowler characters. The dresses on the little girls just make me sad.

• Love 8
9 minutes ago, drafan said:

Jessa's Old Navy Tall Department frock is hideous. All of them look like borderline Amy Farrah Fowler characters. The dresses on the little girls just make me sad.

All of the Duggar daughters look like comic book orphans -- dressed in rags with uncombed hair. There is a photo, though, of a little girl with a baby who looks nicely put together -- I'm guessing that this is Mackenzie? Anna may look like she was hit by a dump truck in these photos, but her kids at least look like they are cared for.

• Love 10
1 hour ago, drafan said:

Isn't Mullet's sister a member of the LGBTT community? I would think that Mullet would have radar for the signs, and she'd be Journeyed to the Heart at a moment's notice.

Yes, MEchelle's sister is lesbian. I still maintain that MEchelle and Boob would be willfully clueless, especially when it comes to their female children. Their male kids (*cough* Josiah) I think they send away at the first whiff of non-hetero orientation. I suspect, though, that when it comes to their female kids, it never occurs to them that anything other than straight is a possibility. Or if they sniff any of that out, they just figure that marrying them off will "fix it."

• Love 13
On ‎4‎/‎8‎/‎2018 at 9:34 PM, 3 is enough said:

I don't know if anyone else noticed this, and now you can't see it, but a couple of days ago Jessa had one of those 24 hour stories on her Instagram page. It showed her, Jana, and Henry at the new Magnolia restaurant in Waco.  Man, they are really OBSESSED with that place!

It seems like Jessa has finally decided to treat Jana as a friend since her BFF moved on and away.

• Love 1
10 hours ago, RedheadZombie said:

It seems like Jessa has finally decided to treat Jana as a friend since her BFF moved on and away.

Jessa has no other options now that Jinger's in Texas, Jill's a nutter and Joy's nearly an hour away. The sad thing is Jinger said something similar shortly after Jessa's wedding. It was along the lines of how her and Jana were finally getting to know one another since Jessa moved out. Never mind the fact that they'd lived together for 20+ years and could've always hung out if either Jessa or Jinger cared to do so. Poor Jana, always a last resort.

• Love 17
On 4/9/2018 at 3:27 PM, Angeltoes said:

Why is this Laura person hanging around all the time?  I'm beginning to believe the theory that she and Jana are a couple.

That is what I think.  

On 4/9/2018 at 4:51 PM, louannems said:

My SIL wears shoes like Anna's but in black.  She claims lace up oxfords with dresses or leggings are in style. I told her they look like nun shoes!

I don't think Anna's shoes are bad.  They are bad with that outfit.  In fact everything about that outfit is a fashion don't.  

• Love 7
On 4/10/2018 at 12:34 PM, bigskygirl said:

I can picture it now! Jessa telling Ben they have been upstaged by Jinger, and Jessa needs to hurry up and get pregnant especially with a girl because no one, repeat no one, is going to top her and Ben as the best married Duggar couple.

Yeah and Jinger has already upstaged her.  Her husband has a job and they have a house big enough for children. Bin lacks both know-how and ambition. Fortunately, Jess knows how to hustle. 

• Love 3
On 4/9/2018 at 6:38 PM, louannems said:

Scroll over to the third photo to see Jessa's flat belly.  But I agree, that hideous gray dress should be a sleep shirt!

I notice all the girls are wearing swing attire.  Frumpy and makes Anna look pregnant.

On 4/9/2018 at 9:43 PM, Marigold said:

I don't like to be negative about a woman's appearance but Anna looks really rough. Speaks volumes, in my opinion. 

Anna literally looks like she's trying to carry the weight of the world on her shoulders.  Her posture is so tight in her shoulder neck/area. It's almost like her shoulders are too high up/close to her head, if that makes sense.  

But, hey, I'd probably look worse if I believed I was stuck with Josh forever and had no education/training with which to support myself and my eleventy children by him. Plus, the one thing that made her special as the Duggar girls started reproducing was the fact that she had daughters.  Now the family star Jinger is having a daughter.  Anna's only claim to fame now is that she has the most Duggar grandbabies (and she's got some serious competition going) and that the whole world knows her husband is a disgusting, hypocritical, unattractive loser.  I bet she looks at Ben & Jeremy, then looks at Josh like "WTF?"

I think swing dresses aren't very flattering on most people I see wearing them in real life. I actually think Jessa looks better in her swing dress than most women who I see wearing them (but I don't think they're a good idea or flattering look on anyone).

On 4/10/2018 at 2:33 PM, TresGatos said:

Here in Indiana we have a pharmacy in town that also arranges group trips and their sign board has been advertising an upcoming trip to Magnolia Farms (and another one to Graceland).

Graceland & Memphis > FundieFarms & Waco.  

Just saying (as an Elvis fan and person who has had way better food/fun in Memphis).

Edited by MyPeopleAreNordic
  • Love 8
36 minutes ago, MyPeopleAreNordic said:

I think swing dresses aren't very flattering on most people I see wearing them in real life. I actually think Jessa looks better in her swing dress than most women who I see wearing them (but I don't think they're a good idea or flattering look on anyone

I think Jessa looks fine in the swing dress. 

I love fashion as much as any gal, but I think there’s a different standard when you’re comparing a work outfit or a special occasion outfit compared to something you’d wear on a road trip or a target run. 

I would pair some wedge heels with the swing dress (I wouldn’t forget the bike shorts to prevent chub rub) and wear it on the weekends in the summer (still very cold in chicago) while running errands or having lunch. However I’m also very pear shaped so despite being plus sized they don’t give me a pregnant look. 

• Love 1
On 4/15/2018 at 3:17 PM, GeeGolly said:

Shouldn't Jessa be announcing a pregnancy by now? Did her and Ben give up sandwiches? 

Maybe she hasn't been blessed yet... I agree she'll probably have another baby sooner than later. Like the Bates girls, I think it's going to be hard for them to walk away from the quiverful movement/anti-birth control movement  which is ingrained in their minds. 

I will never understand the sandwiches thing. 

• Love 4
2 hours ago, Temperance said:

Maybe she hasn't been blessed yet... I agree she'll probably have another baby sooner than later. Like the Bates girls, I think it's going to be hard for them to walk away from the quiverful movement/anti-birth control movement  which is ingrained in their minds. 

I will never understand the sandwiches thing. 

My reference to sandwiches is a play on Michelle saying she is always available for sex because that is the one think that is only for a husband and wife and that anyone can make her husband a sandwich.

• Love 8
4 hours ago, GeeGolly said:

My reference to sandwiches is a play on Michelle saying she is always available for sex because that is the one think that is only for a husband and wife and that anyone can make her husband a sandwich.

I always hated that. Anyone can sleep with him, too.

• Love 17
On 4/8/2018 at 9:34 PM, 3 is enough said:

I don't know if anyone else noticed this, and now you can't see it, but a couple of days ago Jessa had one of those 24 hour stories on her Instagram page. It showed her, Jana, and Henry at the new Magnolia restaurant in Waco.  Man, they are really OBSESSED with that place!

I had surgery last week and while in the hospital I ended up watching nothing but HGTV (I couldn't concentrate on anything else), and finally saw the Gaines' show for the first time. I now get why Jessa in particular is so into that family. I really think she sees herself and Ben in Joana and Chip, and on a superficial level (we're talking microns, here), I can see why. Joana is the self-assured boss with the great ideas, who tends to be the no-nonsense straight man to Chip's affable goofiness. We don't know what goes on behind the scenes, of course, but on the show Chip is very much the "happy wife, happy life" sort who respects Johana and pretty much lets her call the shots both because he knows she has great ideas but also because that's just the kind of guy he is. On top of that, they include their kids on the show (annoying to me, but that's how "wholesome" tv rolls). Of course, Jessa is ignoring the natural talent, education, training, and years of hard work that has lead to the Gaines' success, but in Joana she has someone she can safely admire...a Christian woman with a husband and children, who is seemingly the dominant partner in her relationship while still being successful at a gender-role approved career and who fundies respect and admire. That must be a very compelling fantasy for Jessa, to be the HBIC and still be considered godly. 

Of course, I'm basing all this on one day of several episodes, so I could be way off. But that was my immediate impression from the first episode I watched. 

On 4/11/2018 at 10:23 AM, BitterApple said:

Jessa has no other options now that Jinger's in Texas, Jill's a nutter and Joy's nearly an hour away. The sad thing is Jinger said something similar shortly after Jessa's wedding. It was along the lines of how her and Jana were finally getting to know one another since Jessa moved out. Never mind the fact that they'd lived together for 20+ years and could've always hung out if either Jessa or Jinger cared to do so. Poor Jana, always a last resort.

Maybe she really is that boring? Not an annoying pill like Jill, but as the oldest sister who's job it is to hold everything together, I can see she was a bit of an authority figure the sisters had trouble bonding with. 

• Love 21
On 4/18/2018 at 9:49 AM, lascuba said:

I had surgery last week and while in the hospital I ended up watching nothing but HGTV (I couldn't concentrate on anything else), and finally saw the Gaines' show for the first time. I now get why Jessa in particular is so into that family. I really think she sees herself and Ben in Joana and Chip, and on a superficial level (we're talking microns, here), I can see why. Joana is the self-assured boss with the great ideas, who tends to be the no-nonsense straight man to Chip's affable goofiness. We don't know what goes on behind the scenes, of course, but on the show Chip is very much the "happy wife, happy life" sort who respects Johana and pretty much lets her call the shots both because he knows she has great ideas but also because that's just the kind of guy he is. On top of that, they include their kids on the show (annoying to me, but that's how "wholesome" tv rolls). Of course, Jessa is ignoring the natural talent, education, training, and years of hard work that has lead to the Gaines' success, but in Joana she has someone she can safely admire...a Christian woman with a husband and children, who is seemingly the dominant partner in her relationship while still being successful at a gender-role approved career and who fundies respect and admire. That must be a very compelling fantasy for Jessa, to be the HBIC and still be considered godly. 

Of course, I'm basing all this on one day of several episodes, so I could be way off. But that was my immediate impression from the first episode I watched. 

Maybe she really is that boring? Not an annoying pill like Jill, but as the oldest sister who's job it is to hold everything together, I can see she was a bit of an authority figure the sisters had trouble bonding with. 

Your insight about Jessa's fascination with the Gaineses is so on point!!  I think you are right. Remember how jana was always the one they went to for home decorating until Jessa decided she liked Joanna? Suddenly now she always has to be the one in charge of renovations. I think you're spot on!

• Love 15

I don't get the fascination with the Gaines either, I never heard about them until Jessa mentioned them on her IG. Last week I had HGTV playing in the background and they had a Fixer Upper marathon going on. Every single house looked exactly the same. All farmhouse style, which I find beautiful but they never really ask the couple for imput. I noticed Jessa and Jana tried to imitate the style on Jinger's house. 

• Love 11
17 hours ago, Lunera said:

I don't get the fascination with the Gaines either, I never heard about them until Jessa mentioned them on her IG. Last week I had HGTV playing in the background and they had a Fixer Upper marathon going on. Every single house looked exactly the same. All farmhouse style, which I find beautiful but they never really ask the couple for imput. I noticed Jessa and Jana tried to imitate the style on Jinger's house. 

Those few days of HGTV have made me irrationally angry at the term "open-concept."

Edited by lascuba
  • Love 22
2 hours ago, lascuba said:

Those few days of HGTV have made me irrationally angry at the term "open-concept."

Or shiplap, farm sink, kitchen island, balance, sight line, curb appeal ... 

• Love 24

"Clean lines" is the one that gets me. I am convinced the term is meaningless to most who blather about it. 

These Duggar girls have been raised to believe they have something to offer the world, yet they have also been raised to have *nothing* to offer. They think they can make a living as lifestyle gurus on social or traditional media but they know nothing. They can't do anything. They have demonstrated that they're less competent than those they seek to educate. It's tragic, yet kind of annoying too.

• Love 14
3 hours ago, GeeGolly said:

‘En suite’ is the one that annoys me.  Just call it a master bathroom or attached bath. 

• Love 13
3 hours ago, GeeGolly said:

Or my favorite Jo design element, open shelving in the kitchen.  I need my upper cabinets to hide all the free plastic cups, gladware or margarine tubs, etc.  I don't know where Jo expects the homeowners to hide their kitchen clutter.  Unless you never cook, her designs are completely impractical.

• Love 23
2 hours ago, Ohiopirate02 said:

Or my favorite Jo design element, open shelving in the kitchen.  I need my upper cabinets to hide all the free plastic cups, gladware or margarine tubs, etc.  I don't know where Jo expects the homeowners to hide their kitchen clutter.  Unless you never cook, her designs are completely impractical.

Also the cabinets keep those items from getting dusty!

• Love 7

Could you imagine if Jessa had shelves for upper cabinets. I wouldn't want to use one of those dishes. Well actually after seeing Mt Diaper, I'm not sure I'd feel clean anywhere in her house. And shiplap too, walls like that must collect dust and insects and such. Izzy would have a field day with the dead bugs.

Edited by GeeGolly
  • Love 7
On 4/21/2018 at 5:15 AM, lascuba said:

After watching House Hunters and all the variations for years I have decided I do NOT like open concept.  I don't mind semi open but I was watching some repeats last night and the kitchen plunked down in the middle of the room didn't appeal to me (and if I don't want to do the dishes I don't want them staring at me all night).  There is something about smaller rooms I like.  Maybe its because I am always cold I like the idea of it being easier to heat a small space than a large.  I always wonder why someone in a VERY cold place (like Alaska) wants high ceilings.  All the heat rises so its more $ to heat.  

Adding something Duggar.  Can you IMAGINE if Jessa had open shelves in her kitchen?  They would be eating dust bunnies and god knows what else.  I had them once and they were a pain to keep all our stuff clean.

Edited by Natalie68
  • Love 8
1 hour ago, ChaChaSlide said:

Ben’s sister Jessica was sworn in as a police officer! I don’t think she lives with their parents, I think she has her own place. 

From the looks of things, her parents were able to put their religious convictions aside and be proud of their daughter. 

She went to the academy?  Good for her.  In our state you have to be at least 23.  

• Love 4
39 minutes ago, BitterApple said:

Yikes. Two girls with jobs and another in school? No wonder the Seewalds don't seem welcome at the TTH anymore. They might inspire Jana to apply at Home Depot and tell her parents to piss off. 

I also think it's hilarious Bin has a sister in cosmetology school while he's stuck getting shitty haircuts from Jessa. 

Yes - it seems like the Seewalds have a much better grip on reality than the Duggars do.  I wonder when Ben and Jessa visit, how Jessa feels with the other girls all working/having careers/in school and she's nothing more than a breed mare.  She can't keep the house, she doesn't have an education, or a job, has almost no cooking skills, and doesn't seem inclined to do anything other than to post on instagram.  It must be a bit of a stretch for them to have a conversation.  And how does Ben feel now that 3 of his sisters have jobs/in school and are learning financial responsibility, as well as being out in the community while he sits at home cleaning toilets for Boob and stuck there.

• Love 21

Wow. I am impressed!  Good for her for accomplishing that!  And for her parents  for “letting” their daughters pursue careers and education. And in pants, no less!!  More and more I think Jessa will feel left Behind as others enhance their lives and hers has no variation but another baby. 

• Love 13
3 hours ago, BitterApple said:

I wonder how that makes Bin feel. Jessica's out there kicking ass with a real career at what, 20? 21? and he's cleaning toilets for his father-in-law. 

Not to mention Ben also having a wife & 2 young children.  

• Love 7