Type keyword(s) to search

Jessa, Ben and Their Brood: Making a (Diaper) Mountain out of a Mold House

Message added by Scarlett45

The Duggars post about politics on social media frequently, but these social media posts are not an invitation to discuss politics here in this forum. This rule extends to Duggar adjacent families, friends, associates etc. Such discussions are a violation of the Politics Policy. 

I understand with recent current events there may be a desire to discuss certain social media postings of those in the Duggar realm as they relate to politics- this is not the place for those discussions. If you believe someone has violated forum rules, report them, do not respond or engage.

• Start Topic

6 minutes ago, jumper sage said:

Just stopping to say that I saw that Ben is pro Black Lives Matter and it is pissing off Jim Bob.  Good news for once.

Did he not learn from Deredick about not pissing off JB. I would rather see Ben go out and support gays and lesbians to really piss off JB and Deredick.

3 hours ago, graefin said:

Spurge totally looks just like Ben. For some reason Jessa is keen on pushing the story that Spurge is her spitting image when anyone who takes more than a passing glance can see there's not really a resemblance there besides their hair, maybe. Spurgeon has got Ben's eyebrows, eyes, nose, and mouth. She really ought to put up side-by-side baby images of both her *and* Ben and let her audience decide for themselves ;)

It's funny when you think about it, because before they had kids, Jessa claimed that she wanted them to look like Ben, but now that Spurge is here and undeniably cute, she wants credit for his good looks!

Edit: here you can really see the resemblance between Spurge and Ben: 

I just can't get over how cute Henry is now vs how Winston Churchhill-ish he was as an infant (he was cute then too, but in a funny way)

• Love 4
38 minutes ago, bigskygirl said:

Did he not learn from Deredick about not pissing off JB. I would rather see Ben go out and support gays and lesbians to really piss off JB and Deredick.

The difference is it shows he is inclusive and not a homophobe like Deredick.  It has been reported that off camera he is at war with JB.  JB thought the boys that married into the family would take JB as the head.  Apparently not.  I love that Ginger and her husband live far away and have their own life.  I am sure TLC likes the inclusion as opposed to Deredick, great name, and his middle ages theories.  Lets wait for the uprising!  

• Love 1
29 minutes ago, jumper sage said:

The difference is it shows he is inclusive and not a homophobe like Deredick.  It has been reported that off camera he is at war with JB.  JB thought the boys that married into the family would take JB as the head.  Apparently not.  I love that Ginger and her husband live far away and have their own life.  I am sure TLC likes the inclusion as opposed to Deredick, great name, and his middle ages theories.  Lets wait for the uprising!  

Derick is at war?  Or Ben?  Whichever, "yaaayyyy"

• Love 5
2 hours ago, jumper sage said:

Just stopping to say that I saw that Ben is pro Black Lives Matter and it is pissing off Jim Bob.  Good news for once.

Where did you learn that? 

• Love 5
1 hour ago, jumper sage said:

Even if JB isn't happy about Ben supporting BLM, it's probably his ace in the hole-he can leak Ben's "woke-ness" whenever he needs to offset whatever Derrick's latest antics are. 

• Love 1
(edited)

https://www.rawstory.com/2016/09/how-colin-kaepernick-and-black-lives-matter-are-tearing-the-duggar-family-apart/

He didn't directly say he supports the BLM movement but he is aware of the race issues going on in the coutry. I noticed he follows quite a few black people on Twitter which is 100% more than the rest of his family.  

Also, I love how they included the tweet of Cathy proclaiming that she won't watch football or eat McDonald's until they fire everyone who kneeled. Her whiny baby Derick posted something similar. 

Edited by Lunera
  • Love 7

Remember, Ben was friends with Flame and tried Christian rapping. Although Ben wasn't good at the rapping, Flame did take him to his childhood neighborhood in St. Louis. Who knows how much Flame shared with Ben about his experiences beyond the cameras.

• Love 7
20 hours ago, Lunera said:

https://www.rawstory.com/2016/09/how-colin-kaepernick-and-black-lives-matter-are-tearing-the-duggar-family-apart/

He didn't directly say he supports the BLM movement but he is aware of the race issues going on in the coutry. I noticed he follows quite a few black people on Twitter which is 100% more than the rest of his family.  

Also, I love how they included the tweet of Cathy proclaiming that she won't watch football or eat McDonald's until they fire everyone who kneeled. Her whiny baby Derick posted something similar. 

Wonder if they would boycott an establishment that has been letting their kids eat for free for eons?  Frankly McDonalds is probably thankful they do not have to deal with feral Duggar spawn any longer.

• Love 2
(edited)

I have to be fair to Michelle and Boob. I've never seen any behavior from either of them that indicates they're racist. I don't know if I buy that Boob would be angry with Bin for supporting BLM. 

Edited by BitterApple
  • Love 2
53 minutes ago, Nysha said:

The BLM story is 2 years old. I don't follow Ben on Twitter, has he continued with his pro-BLM posts?

Ben doesn’t post on Twitter much. He retweets mostly. I will say, he actually has had conversations with people on there , and he is NOT a Derick in tone.

He has not retweeted anything of Derick’s, but he has retweeted Jeremy.

• Love 5
(edited)
2 hours ago, Nysha said:

The BLM story is 2 years old. I don't follow Ben on Twitter, has he continued with his pro-BLM posts?

The last thing he posted about the subject was last October after a white national rally. He has retweeted a few things here and there since he posted his support for Kaep's protest, 2 years ago. He basically believes racism comes from the Devil and it's against the gospel, which makes it wrong. Screenshot_20180509-132428.thumb.jpg.5b488ded05d46e0f8ad729903c547122.jpg

He hasn't been tweeting much lately but just last year he was posting the type of nonsense Derick posts minus the crazy.Screenshot_20180509-134658-673x1005.thumb.jpg.a6ed65eef82af0cb6ac6e27bdb30f8eb.jpgScreenshot_20180509-133133.thumb.jpg.66b9b4850db106ae3af4c4f3b8da2b12.jpg

Edited by Lunera
  • Love 1

So I had this conversation with this friend of mine who is a Republican, but more of an Alex P. Keaton type of capitalist, rather than a Rick Santorum type of social conservative. We were talking about the Starbucks incident and he actually agreed with the idea of calling the cops if the people at Starbucks weren't buying anything. But he thought it was wrong to call the cops on Black individuals and not do the same thing for White individuals who behaved the same way.

Now, I disagree with aspects of my friend's argument:

1) How the hell does the mere presence of individuals who do not consume at Starbucks have any impact on others who choose to consume, thus impacting its profits?

2) Really? Calling the cops because people won't purchase Starbucks, how naive are you to make assumptions that all cops will do the right thing? And honestly, cops have bigger shit to worry about.

But - I could see Ben at least having the view that it would be wrong to treat someone who is Black differently than someone who is White. Also, at least Ben acknowledges the existence of racism. While Derick is not necessarily advocating for the rebirth of slavery, he otherwise mostly ignores racism - out of sight, out of mind. 

• Love 2
13 hours ago, madpsych78 said:

1) How the hell does the mere presence of individuals who do not consume at Starbucks have any impact on others who choose to consume, thus impacting its profits?

2) Really? Calling the cops because people won't purchase Starbucks, how naive are you to make assumptions that all cops will do the right thing? And honestly, cops have bigger shit to worry about.

1) Most restaurant type businesses frown on people taking up seats without purchasing anything. The few times I've been inside one of my local Starbucks, it's been very crowded. If I was planning on taking a break at Starbucks, drinking a latte and snacking on a bagel while reading my Kindle and all the seat were full, I might decide to head someplace else instead of grabbing something to go.

2) I totally agree with you here. 

• Love 7

I really don't know much about the Starbucks incident because I'm so tired of bad news and politics, but I don't know any restaurant or coffee shop that will let you sit in there for an extended period of time without buying anything.

There was a similar kerfuffle at a McDonald's in NYC where seniors were coming in early and hanging out all day. The problem was they were tying up tables so when the lunch rush came in, there was nowhere for anyone to sit.

I think calling the cops is a bit extreme, but if people are being belligerent and refusing to leave, what else can you do?

• Love 10

I agree about calling the cops, but to say people are naïve to make assumptions that all cops will do the right thing is wrong in my opinion also especially when there is a lot more to the story than what the general media shows. Plus the fact there have been Starbuck workers who refuse to serve law enforcement officers.

And in the case of Ben, he may say he can respectful disagree with someone, but I think he is just saying it to tow the be on your best behavior line JB expects him to follow. Take a look at his post about Christ will transform even hateful prejudged racism. It does not seem Christ has transform Deredick, and Smuggly Do Wrong. It has not transform JB to file a lawsuit against the media who inform the rest of us about how the family was hiding behind the fact their number one son was molesting four of his sisters more than once while calling out certain groups of people as child molesters while they had a molester in their own home. Sorry Ben, but I am not buying the damage control you and your in-laws except for Smugs and Deredick are trying to sell to the rest of us.

12 minutes ago, bigskygirl said:

I agree about calling the cops, but to say people are naïve to make assumptions that all cops will do the right thing is wrong in my opinion also especially when there is a lot more to the story than what the general media shows. Plus the fact there have been Starbuck workers who refuse to serve law enforcement officers.

And in the case of Ben, he may say he can respectful disagree with someone, but I think he is just saying it to tow the be on your best behavior line JB expects him to follow. Take a look at his post about Christ will transform even hateful prejudged racism. It does not seem Christ has transform Deredick, and Smuggly Do Wrong. It has not transform JB to file a lawsuit against the media who inform the rest of us about how the family was hiding behind the fact their number one son was molesting four of his sisters more than once while calling out certain groups of people as child molesters while they had a molester in their own home. Sorry Ben, but I am not buying the damage control you and your in-laws except for Smugs and Deredick are trying to sell to the rest of us.

Unless Ben is very subtly shading his in-laws, and he's implying they don't looooove Christ like Ben does and that's why they're still assholes and he's not...

He did say people are intolerant of the Christian worldview, but he is saying Christians preach "tolerance" while his own in-laws do not believe in tolerance themselves. He knows what the Duggars are all about, but he married into the family knowing darn well what their message is all about. If Ben likes tolerance and believes everyone is equal, then what has he done to help others who have been "attacked" because they do not share his in-laws views. Stating a few tweets on twitter is all fine and dandy, but I do not see how he is preaching tolerance or helping others out. This is why I think his posts are more about trying to stay on JB's good side and not going down the road Deredick is going down.

4 hours ago, bigskygirl said:

Do you have documentation that such an incident took place at a Starbucks? I googled it out of curiosity and found a verified incident described, but it was at an independent coffee shop. https://www.snopes.com/fact-check/oakland-coffee-police-officers/#

5 hours ago, Nysha said:

1) Most restaurant type businesses frown on people taking up seats without purchasing anything. The few times I've been inside one of my local Starbucks, it's been very crowded. If I was planning on taking a break at Starbucks, drinking a latte and snacking on a bagel while reading my Kindle and all the seat were full, I might decide to head someplace else instead of grabbing something to go.

2) I totally agree with you here. 

Just to add to this- there are loitering laws which don't allow people to be in businesses unless they are specifically using the business or buying something.  Loitering means being somewhere with no apparent purpose, so I think calling the cops on people is justified.  I can't speak to the particular Starbucks in question because I don't know the area, but my husband works for state law enforcement in NJ (although he is not a cop) and a lot of the business establishments in the cities have issues with homeless people sleeping in restrooms and drug users shooting up in bathrooms and corridors.  Those things don't look so good if you want to attract customers.  So needless to say, in those areas if you are not buying anything and are just hanging around or want to use the bathroom, the cops will be called. 

• Love 6
2 hours ago, doodlebug said:

The fact that nobody videotaped the incident and put it online is the reason there was no 'flack'.  Nobody at Starbucks asked that the police officer in question be arrested for trespassing, either.  So... apples and oranges?  I do notice that Starbucks was quick to apologize for the problem and act to correct it in hopes that it wouldn't happen again.  If anything, it supports the idea that Starbucks' corporate policy is to not harass people who pop in to use the restrooms.

As for the Duggars and their support for family members who molest others; well, I haven't seen anyone here agreeing with that stance.  As for Ben and his public statements concerning his brother in law's crimes; I think he needs to take his cues from Jessa. She's the victim here, and I presume she doesn't want him to discuss her molestation publicly.  As long as he supports her privately (and I presume he does), I don't think he's got anything to prove to the public on the subject.  I cannot picture a situation in which Jessa would want her husband to talk about her brother's crimes against her and others publicly and that is absolutely her right and needs to be protected.

Hmmm. That's actually a good point. When Tweeters respond to Derick's tweets by bringing up Josh and the molestations, it puts into a new light Derick's non-response to the issue. (And I generally dislike anything that Derick has to say, but the Josh issues are about Jill, not Derick.)

• Love 4
2 hours ago, lucy711 said:

Just to add to this- there are loitering laws which don't allow people to be in businesses unless they are specifically using the business or buying something.  Loitering means being somewhere with no apparent purpose, so I think calling the cops on people is justified.  I can't speak to the particular Starbucks in question because I don't know the area, but my husband works for state law enforcement in NJ (although he is not a cop) and a lot of the business establishments in the cities have issues with homeless people sleeping in restrooms and drug users shooting up in bathrooms and corridors.  Those things don't look so good if you want to attract customers.  So needless to say, in those areas if you are not buying anything and are just hanging around or want to use the bathroom, the cops will be called. 

I am a stickler about people not using ATMs and post offices as impromptu phone booths, and randoms sitting down at sidewalk restaurant tables to type away at their internet; but I think calling the cops is the sign of a manager with too much time on their hands.  

That said, in my experience Starbucks combo locks its bathrooms and won’t give you the code except on a receipt; so I do think that suggests that Starbucks’ C-suite to some extent doesn’t want loungers to lounge.

3 hours ago, doodlebug said:

I think it depends a lot on the situation, though.  Sure, a homeless person sleeping in the bathroom is a problem and no one should be providing space for drug use to junkies; but, if two people enter an establishment, use the restroom and sit down, I don't think they should be hustled out the door within minutes let alone should the cops be called.  The manager of the Starbucks told the guys to leave, they told her they were waiting for someone who was on his way; she immediately called the cops.  There was no reason for that sort of overreaction.  Sure, if they'd been there an hour, if they were taking up space while paying customers couldn't find a seat, if they were disruptive (using drugs, sleeping on the floor); that changes things.  However, in this particular, isolated instance; the manager and the cops were over the line, IMO.  Have you never arrived at a restaurant before someone you were meeting and took a seat to wait for them?  I sure have.

I don't know enough about the whole Starbucks situation to pass judgement although from the articles I've read it certainly sounds like gross overreaction on the part of management. I was offering commentary to counter what a poster said that it doesn't hurt a business to have people hanging around because it certainly can, and loitering is illegal even if you disagree with the law.  At the same time, I have no doubt that racial minorities are often unfairly targeted with enforcing such laws.

Little Henry Wilburforce needs a drooling bib!  All that slobber all over the carpet, and floor, and toys, and smeared into the couch turns my tummy!

32 years working in a hospital and no body fluid bothered me like flem!

• Love 9
(edited)
40 minutes ago, louannems said:

Little Henry Wilburforce needs a drooling bib!  All that slobber all over the carpet, and floor, and toys, and smeared into the couch turns my tummy!

32 years working in a hospital and no body fluid bothered me like flem!

Haha...I think this video is cute. Drool doesn't much bother me, though I'll admit to not having any hospital background. Phlegm is an entirely different animal, and WILL gross me out like almost nothing else. H. Wilberforce's  teething bubbles look pretty much like good clean drool, though.

As an unrelated aside, those sounds are what we refer to as "pterodactyl noises", though that description has been applied to any number of things from the playful snarls of someone who has had a couple of drinks too many to my granddaughter when she gets to frantic rooting mode looking for a source of nourishment.

Edited by Jynnan tonnix
  • Love 5

Ew, that poor kid. I had a bib on my children, changed them often too...I also dried their chins throughout the day.

Jessa is neglectful in areas she shouldn't be. I'm sure her housekeeping hasn't improved either.

• Love 10
2 hours ago, floridamom said:

Ew, that poor kid. I had a bib on my children, changed them often too...I also dried their chins throughout the day.

Jessa is neglectful in areas she shouldn't be.

There are no signs of a rash, so I'm pretty sure that he's not steeped in drool all day. My daughter has 6 kids, for the first 2 she did the bib and changed clothes all the time, the last 4 spent most of their toddler at-home time dressed in only a diaper and she wiped them clean with a cloth as needed. Jessa has helped raise 10 siblings and knows a little drool isn't going to hurt anyone. I've never seen any evidence that her boys are neglected in any way. Being a poor housekeeper does not equal being a poor parent.

• Love 20

IMO, a good parent INCLUDES providing a healthy, clean, organized home for their children....also providing them with CLEAN SHEETS on their beds.

I'm not talking OCD sterilization of a home at all. Jessa's toxic waste dump of dirty diapers on her bedroom bureau spoke volumes to me about the 'health' of her home.

• Love 8
24 minutes ago, ginger90 said:

8 pictures:

Wow that pic shows how much their boys favor Ben's mom! They're really cute. I also don't see a huge problem with the drooling video. It's nice to see how much Ben and Jessa love and enjoy their family. Such a difference from MEscelle and Jill. I really hope they limit their family size so that their kids can get the attention they deserve.

• Love 2
(edited)

Actually a very specific and not generic message to ben’s Mom!  Although she did have to include the requisite “precious”, “blessed”, and “love on”.  

Edited by awaken
  • Love 12

Curious why Jessa posted this message to Guinn early, instead of ON Mother's Day. I predict it's because she'll be posting a gag-inducing tribute to MEchelle tomorrow. But then I suppose it's Bin's place to "love on" his mom tomorrow. 

• Love 5
2 hours ago, awaken said:

Actually a very specific and not generic message to ben’s Mom!  Although she did have to include the requisite “precious”, “blessed”, and “love on”.  

Also, "Invest in the lives".  Gotta get all that Gothard Speak in!

• Love 2
5 hours ago, louannems said:

Also, "Invest in the lives".  Gotta get all that Gothard Speak in!

That probably means that she donated to their GoFundMe appeal.

• Love 1