Type keyword(s) to search

Jessa, Ben and Their Brood: Making a (Diaper) Mountain out of a Mold House

Message added by Scarlett45

The Duggars post about politics on social media frequently, but these social media posts are not an invitation to discuss politics here in this forum. This rule extends to Duggar adjacent families, friends, associates etc. Such discussions are a violation of the Politics Policy. 

I understand with recent current events there may be a desire to discuss certain social media postings of those in the Duggar realm as they relate to politics- this is not the place for those discussions. If you believe someone has violated forum rules, report them, do not respond or engage.

• Start Topic

3 hours ago, Normades said:

She says Uncle John and Uncle Jer.  I thought it was John and Josiah who were pilots.  Is that not correct?

I would trust that Jessa is correct. So they are John David and Jeremiah. Josiah may have been taken up for lessons, but it appears he did not get his pilot's license. 

• Love 2
8 hours ago, ginger90 said:

4 pictures:

These photos are adorable.  Jessa gets social right, in part because she's not Jesusing all over the place.  These are cute photos, with a cute descriptor that doesn't require a nod to the Big Man.  Jill & Derek would have found some awkward way to tie "The Lord" into their post that would have ruined an otherwise completely normal captured moment.

• Love 14
(edited)
6 hours ago, BitterApple said:

Spurgie is starting to look more like Bin as he grows older.

Really? I think he's starting to look more like Jessa. You can see it, I think, in the nose and in the last photo of his profile.

5 hours ago, Lunera said:

Does Jessa not want Spurge to follow in his father's footsteps and become a Jim Bob's errand boy.

I think "works for my dad" is code for "we derive our income from the TV show" (and JB doles it out as he sees fit, since we weren't smart enough to get out own contract like Jeremy did for him and Jinger).

6 minutes ago, Magoo said:

These photos are adorable.  Jessa gets social right, in part because she's not Jesusing all over the place.  These are cute photos, with a cute descriptor that doesn't require a nod to the Big Man.  Jill & Derek would have found some awkward way to tie "The Lord" into their post that would have ruined an otherwise completely normal captured moment.

Jessa also actually makes it about her kids and not about herself or best hubby ever while posting pics of the kids.

Edited by graefin
  • Love 22
2 hours ago, graefin said:

Jessa also actually makes it about her kids and not about herself or best hubby ever while posting pics of the kids.

Yes. She knows that her cute kid is her strongest card in the reality TV celebrity biz, and she's been playing it pretty well on social media.

She's no longer the freshest or cutest thing on the family TV show, so she's making the best of what she's got, which is Spurgeon.

As someone commented on another topic around here, Jessa was all that a a bag of chips when Counting On started but has really been knocked, or fallen, off that pedestal. There are younger, fresher, faces now: Kendra, Joy, Lauren. And more interesting storylines: Jinger's first pregnancy, Joe and Kendra's new baby. TLC doesn't need Jessa's sniffly husband and grubby house to fill airtime. But Spurgeon is the cutest toddler and I bet she's shoved him in front of the TLC cameras at every opportunity.

• Love 22

People that were cute as little kids aren't always the lookers as adults.  There have been more than a couple of child actors that were great-looking as children, but were/are sort of homely as adults.

That said, S. Elliot is a beautiful child, no doubt about it.  Hope he keeps his curly hair.  I'm partial to Henry myself, as a fellow second kid.  It'll be interesting to see when there will be a third baby.  I can't see Jessa & Ben sticking with two.  

• Love 13
On 6/20/2018 at 3:16 PM, xwordfanatik said:

Ah, I didn't know that.  I do wonder if one has to spend more at WF overall than at another store chain, for equivalent organic food.  I've never been to one.  I'm a self-proclaimed coupon queen bargain shopper, but I learned to eat healthy stuff at Weight Watchers.

Funny to think of fundies being in any way trendy.  I mean, with their patriarchal beliefs and all.  Like their dress code.

Me too! Free is my favorite word. I have only been to WF once. I was shocked at the high prices for stuff you can buy elsewhere for a good $1-$2 less.

Thank goodness I have a big fruit market that we go to. The owner is the king of finding produce deals. (mainly suppliers call him if they have overstock and he buys it for cheap, sells it cheap too) I couldn't imagine not being able to get fresh produce, fruit etc. 

I'm glad that Jill and Jessa are making an effort to at least buy stuff not in a can, frozen, or overprocessed. Having Jana create a garden probably keeps the cost down too.

• Love 2
(edited)

He looks like a very sweet boy.  Jessa keeps her posts short and to the point without a bunch of stupid hashtags.  I like that.

Edited by toodles
  • Love 10
19 minutes ago, toodles said:

He looks like a very sweet boy.  Jessa keeps her posts short and to the point without a bunch of stupid hashtags.  I like that.

And she doesn't say YAAYYYY!!! every other word. 

• Love 3
(edited)

I don’t know if Chuckie allows Diana to travel alone. So he may be another party at the table. He may have taken the pic. Or he left his headship stole with his son so he could stay behind and rest up from overexposure to the  Duggars.  

Edited by Lady Edith
  • Love 1

Who is that boy to Diana's right? Good god, he looks like he's got some kind of animal on his head. That's Bates-level unattractive. 

2 hours ago, Lady Edith said:

I don’t know if Chuckie allows Diana to travel alone. So he may be another party at the table. He may have taken the pic. Or he left his headship stole with his son so he could stay behind and rest up from overexposure to the  Duggars.  

I'd guess that since she has an actual career, she's allowed to travel alone. I'd also guess that she's visiting her son and daughter-in-law for the birth of their baby, her first grandchild. Which is a kind and sweet thing to do as long as it's not Mullet-style attention whoring. 

• Love 3
10 minutes ago, Heathen said:

Who is that boy to Diana's right? Good god, he looks like he's got some kind of animal on his head. That's Bates-level unattractive. 

It's Bin's younger brother, Ethan.

7 minutes ago, Lunera said:

It's Bin's younger brother, Ethan.

I hope for his sake he grows into his hair. Apparently, thick hair is a Seewald trait (I sympathize. I have a ton of hair too.). 

• Love 2

Dropping in to say Spurge is a beautiful child.  I don’t bother with the Jessa  thread much, so haven’t kept up with his development.  He is adorable. I could bite those cheeks!

i also looked at Jill’s thread the other day for the first time in a long while.  There was a pic Dilly had posted of Izzy at a wedding reception.  That’s what the caption indicated - I studied the pic for a moment looking for Iz.  Dang!  Neither of these kids are babies any more!  I should check in more often I guess.

• Love 6

Screenshot_20180705-143731.thumb.jpg.11c59a45861225173a539524551334fa.jpg

I can't link the video because I'm blocked but Jessa posted a video of Henry drinking LaCroix from a bottle with this caption.

A woman commented "please tell me you don't give him Fanta" and Jessa responded "no, he prefers coffee and energy drinks".

I thought the question was harmless, there's nothing wrong with saying she gives her kids a sip of Fanta every once in a while, which I'm sure she does.

• Love 6
(edited)

^^this reminds of a night years ago when my BFF, her 18 month old son, and I were eating dinner in our hometown.

One of our high school classmate’s mothers (whom we hadn’t seen in maybe 10 years) comes over to berate my best friend for allowing her 18 month old to eat chicken fingers and French fries.  What business it was of hers I still don’t know...

But perhaps It’s a tad different considering Jessa is a reality tv star and is posting it online 

Edited by Soaper410
  • Love 3
On 6/4/2018 at 8:56 AM, Normades said:

I was taught that same line of thinking in catholic school. Basically, if you think about it, you're as guilty as if you had done it.  As a teen, I decided that if I was going to be judged that way, I should go ahead and commit the sin and enjoy it.  Why just think about it and never get the fun if you're just as guilty either way??  Such a stupid belief system.  

That’s so crazy. You’d be afraid to try to think in case a stray idea or image popped in.

• Love 2
7 minutes ago, GeeGolly said:

Who is the couple between Mrs Vuolo and Ben? Was this taken when everyone was in town for Si's wedding?

Holy Nike! She is baring a ton of skin......not just arms, but shoulders and back!

On the flip side, the younger girl seated next to the Babes is wearing a QVC /Assisted Living-level top, which is even more defrauding because of the placement of the bouquet and/or angel.

• Love 3
2 hours ago, lascuba said:

She's still wearing eyeliner and--if not false eyelashes, then a mascara I need to know the name of NOW--in that first pic.

I have no idea! I'm going to guess it's an acronym for Arkansas Law Enforcement Training Academy. 

4 hours ago, PoshSprinkles said:

Sadly, that's not always the case. My dad had some of the thickest, waviest, most gorgeous hair his entire life until he hit 30 and then he went bald. 

My dad has thick, amazing hair, but went gray at 30. You just can't have it all! ??‍♀️

• Love 2
Just now, WhineandCheez said:

Can someone please explain this--the photo of the 2 girls with nice eyelashes--that is not Jessa, why do people say it is?  Also, are you saying Jessa enrolled in Police Academy?  help.

That's Jessica (Jess), Ben's sister.

• Love 2