Type keyword(s) to search

The Duggalos: Jinger and the Holy Goalie

Message added by cm-soupsipper,

Closure Notice: This Thread is now closed due to the name (and much of the posting within it). Please be mindful going forward by naming topics in a way that invites a healthy community conversation. If you name something for a cheap laugh, this thread may be closed later because it encourages discrimination and harm. 

• Start Topic

3 hours ago, sheshark said:

Jeez, Tom Cruise and Danny Glover are sitting in the regular seats at the Dodger game, while RFP is in a skybox next to an owner!.

I read Tom’s seat was $1000. He was with his son and looked like they had a great time.

• Useful 3

Once he graduates, I foresee JerME getting a job at the Master’s seminary as an instructor or researcher or administrator. Or perhaps in their community outreach/PR dept. I think he, and the leaders there, think he’s above just pastoring some church somewhere. Instead he’ll travel around occasionally doing some “guest sermons” here and there, positioned as some kind of expert on something. 🙄

• Useful 5
  • Love 12
9 minutes ago, Zella said:

"Next up, our very own Instagram expert, Jeremy Vuolo, here to give a one hour talk. He can't tell you anything actually useful about Instagram that you can use, but boy can he talk about himself for the next hour."

...and this despite being one of the most vapid, boring, shallow, dull, inconsequential people imaginable.... Go figure.  

• LOL 5
  • Love 4
20 minutes ago, galaxygirl76 said:

I love the free pens from our bank.

Those monthly service charges, ATM fees, transfer fees, etc. pay for those "free" pens, ya know. 

So unless you manage to snag about 197 pens each month, it's not really the same.  heeheehee!!

• LOL 3
  • Love 3
5 hours ago, Valerie said:

That's why you should join your local credit union! Free accounts AND we'll let you keep the pen. :D

- signed a CU employee of 13 years. 

That’s quite the marketing strategy! 😂🤣

• LOL 6
  • Love 3

@Rootbeer  

I have been to a few playoff games for my beloved Mets.  In the 1973 NLCS, I was sitting in the second row from the top of Shea Stadium.  Those seats were above nosebleed I think.   It felt like I could almost touch the planes trying to land at LaGuardia airport.

In 1986, I had NLDS tickets to a game that was eventually called for weather related reasons.  I also had tickets to one of the 1988 NLCS games.  They were under the overhang at Shea, which limited field visibility.  That explained why they were so reasonably priced.  

I enjoyed Doris Kearns Godwin’s book, and like you I highly recommend it.   I too grew to love baseball by watching the Yankee games with my dad.  What wonderful memories I have of those times.

Perhaps Felicity and Evangeline may have similar memories with their dad one day.

• Love 5
40 minutes ago, Absolom said:

She needs to comb that hair and put it up before the kid goes in the kitchen to help.

That was my first thought. My second was, soon we will see a paid sponsorship for the flour.

• LOL 17
  • Love 2

OK, I am curious, do all females put their hair up before cooking?  I have never known any woman, family or friends do this at home. Only if they were working around food at an event or working in food service as a job.  I don't like to see hair down in a commercial kitchen but at home it does not bother me.  If I had super long hair that would get in the way or touch the food I would pull it back. 

• Love 8

I sometimes wonder if the Vuolos have any pictures of their children face forward that they don't post.  Unlikely, I know, but otherwise, they're going to have a portfolio of childhood pictures with nothing but hair. 

• LOL 9
  • Love 1
13 hours ago, Turquoise said:

Dating myself, but this made me think of an old SNL skit:
image.png.1730e63e547e9d0b8ccbc4f1e0ca6326.png

Dating myself also, I think I can even remember a line from it.  "I am...and will always remain...a douchebag!"

ETA:  I didn't remember it quite right.  Here's the actual exchange,

"Don't tell me, for the first time in memory, we're going to have a parliament without a douchebag." 

"There've always been plenty of douchebags in Parliament, and there always will be." 😄

That was a superb skit, brilliantly acted!!

Edited by sagittarius sue
  • LOL 15
  • Love 2
13 hours ago, Ohiopirate02 said:

I do and my hair is shoulder length.   I shed.  I shed a lot.  I have had hairs fall into my food multiple times.   If I'm cooking for anyone else other than myself,  I pull my hair back before cooking.

I put my hair up when it is long - which it is not since I just chopped off about 3 inches - yes, i did it myself (I can hear my hairdresser screaming and in tears but sometimes you gotta do what you gotta do).  I have had my own hair in my food - directly to the garbage barrel.  yuk.

• Love 4
17 hours ago, auntieminem said:

OK, I am curious, do all females put their hair up before cooking?  I have never known any woman, family or friends do this at home. Only if they were working around food at an event or working in food service as a job.  I don't like to see hair down in a commercial kitchen but at home it does not bother me.  If I had super long hair that would get in the way or touch the food I would pull it back. 

Yes I always did when I had long hair.

• Love 8

I think Duggar length hair should always be pulled back in the kitchen. For the average person, unless they're baking, or say, making something like meatloaf, they're probably fine without tying back their hair.  Because  leaning over stuff, mixing and getting your hands dirty is a bit different than chopping and stirring.

With that said, Lissy's hair looks like it hasn't seen a comb or brush in a long time, and kids aren't likely to keep their hands away from their hair when it gets in the way while cooking/baking.

• Love 12

I'm trying to understand those 2 pictures and why they're worth posting. (Wait, wait, I just remembered who we're talking about, so scratch the last half of the prior sentence. )  Anyhoo:  1) So when he's in class he's taking pictures of his pen, and when he's in church (that's a church?) he's playing around on his phone?  2) I got nothing, except to show that sometimes, briefly, he studies? 

• Love 14
34 minutes ago, GeeGolly said:

I think Duggar length hair should always be pulled back in the kitchen. For the average person, unless they're baking, or say, making something like meatloaf, they're probably fine without tying back their hair.  Because  leaning over stuff, mixing and getting your hands dirty is a bit different than chopping and stirring.

With that said, Lissy's hair looks like it hasn't seen a comb or brush in a long time, and kids aren't likely to keep their hands away from their hair when it gets in the way while cooking/baking.

That hair had to be neglected for quite a while to look like that.  Looks like Jessa is not the only one raising feral children.

• Useful 1
  • Love 8

Granddaughter's curlier hair looks like that after one softball game or when she gets up in the morning or after an hour in the park.  Some kids just have unruly hair.  The other grandmother ticked me off laying into my daughter about brushing granddaughter's hair (never ever dry brush curly hair btw) when I had just done the kid's hair before we got into the car to drive to the family gathering.  One thirty minute car ride and her hair looked as if we'd left it a week.  I'll give Jeremy and Jinger a pass on the kid's hair looking messy at home, but not on taking the photo and posting it on instagram with the hair messy and not in a pony tail or braid for cooking.  

• Useful 4
  • Love 16
55 minutes ago, Absolom said:

Granddaughter's curlier hair looks like that after one softball game or when she gets up in the morning or after an hour in the park.  Some kids just have unruly hair.  The other grandmother ticked me off laying into my daughter about brushing granddaughter's hair (never ever dry brush curly hair btw) when I had just done the kid's hair before we got into the car to drive to the family gathering.  One thirty minute car ride and her hair looked as if we'd left it a week.  I'll give Jeremy and Jinger a pass on the kid's hair looking messy at home, but not on taking the photo and posting it on instagram with the hair messy and not in a pony tail or braid for cooking.  

I have a kid who had hair similar to Lissy's and mine was as a kid too. Our hair would get fly away messy, or my kid would get 'car seat' hair, etc. IMO Lissy's hair is beyond that. Her hair at her scalp has what looks like dirty cowlicks and the back of her hair looks matted in spots with lint. It looks to me one of her parents should give her a nice shampoo, followed by a wide tooth comb. 

• Love 4
19 hours ago, Ohiopirate02 said:

I do and my hair is shoulder length.   I shed.  I shed a lot.  I have had hairs fall into my food multiple times.   If I'm cooking for anyone else other than myself,  I pull my hair back before cooking.

All this!  Mom, sister, daughter, all of us shed ridiculously!  (bloodwork says we're fine🙄) And when we cook for others, we wear hair nets!  I always say I could never get away with any crime cause I'd leave my dna everywhere!

• LOL 8
  • Love 8
50 minutes ago, GeeGolly said:

I have a kid who had hair similar to Lissy's and mine was as a kid too. Our hair would get fly away messy, or my kid would get 'car seat' hair, etc. IMO Lissy's hair is beyond that. Her hair at her scalp has what looks like dirty cowlicks and the back of her hair looks matted in spots with lint. It looks to me one of her parents should give her a nice shampoo, followed by a wide tooth comb. 

I agree that her hair is way more than messy.  It looks dirty and uncared for.

• Useful 1
  • Love 8
12 hours ago, Suzn said:

I am sickened by the dead bobcat.  That's his idea of something pleasant to look at.

Same here. It creeps me out that he likes looking at a dead creature that has been killed and taxidermied.

12 hours ago, BradandJanet said:

I agree. However, it's probably not real, like everything else in his phony life. 

Also probably true.

• Love 6
7 minutes ago, BradandJanet said:

I'm sure Jer will try his best to get the shoes free, but wouldn't a donation to a charity make more sense than $120 sneakers these days? 

Something like feeding people who are homeless, a women’s crisis center, etc..

Nope, shoes, pens….

Edited by ginger90
  • Love 8
1 hour ago, BradandJanet said:

I'm sure Jer will try his best to get the shoes free, but wouldn't a donation to a charity make more sense than $120 sneakers these days? 

Not when you're 1,000,000-percent self-absorbed, I guess. 

And apparently have a fetish involving your own feet. 

Edited by Churchhoney
  • LOL 10
  • Love 8
16 minutes ago, Churchhoney said:

Not when you're 1,000,000-percent self-absorbed, I guess. 

And apparently have a fetish involving your own feet. 

And their church doesn't do any charity work because you know, it's not good works that get you into heaven evidently. Oh they do "home visits" as part of their "global mission" but nothing about food drives or anything charitable. Because his $1 million a year doesn't just grown on trees.

• Love 6

Have we ever seen any Duggar do anything truly charitable? I know they used to claim being on TV was a mission or some such nonsense, but there’s also the story of the food donations they took back. 

• Love 9
On 10/18/2021 at 7:57 AM, ginger90 said:

B3207E8B-B9AC-414A-88E3-069EA5CDE1B4.jpeg

79B6BE42-71C9-4F0E-BA2D-B98CB2E835B6.jpeg

7 hours ago, ginger90 said:

BBBC82B7-4E6E-4A6B-B8DE-9B60A9526579.jpeg

*sigh*...round 396 of Rhetorical Questions About Rev. Fancy Pants:

If Jeremy was "caught" on his phone by another guy who was on HIS phone, it begs the question - is anyone actually paying attention to anything that's happening in church?  Or are they just making sure they all film each other filming each other filming each other?  

That bobcat photo was crafted to make sure said bobcat was squarely in the frame.  Is this to make us think that Jeremy is some kind of safari badass?  Because I think that if someone dropped Jeremy in a bobcat-laden wilderness, he'd wet himself.  But I would still like to see it happen.

The shoes....the stupid, stupid shoes.  All I can say is that they would go perfectly with that insane Pee Wee Herman primary-color outfit he stepped out in a few months ago.  

He is SO.  WEIRD.

• Love 23