Type keyword(s) to search

The Duggalos: Jinger and the Holy Goalie

Message added by cm-soupsipper,

Closure Notice: This Thread is now closed due to the name (and much of the posting within it). Please be mindful going forward by naming topics in a way that invites a healthy community conversation. If you name something for a cheap laugh, this thread may be closed later because it encourages discrimination and harm. 

• Start Topic

8 minutes ago, galaxygirl76 said:

I was thinking the same thing. People are going to want to see the front of clothing more than the back, at least I do. Next up pictures of kids taken from the front without their heads showing cuz reasons. Nothing screams 'I want to keep my kids off social media' like using them to shill products. 

Yep, exploiting them for money, just like her parents did. Sad.

• Love 7
On 9/23/2021 at 5:19 PM, pinkandsparkly13 said:

I don't know, she doesn't look tooo thin to me. Maybe that's just because I've always been pretty small, and never had a problem. I just can't eat much most of the time. I also don't really like eating in front of people. And maybe she just doesn't want to post pictures of her actually eating the food. But who knows what's really going on. 

Well, food supplies all of our vitamins and nutrients, so it’s pretty essential to get enough. Who knows what Jinger is eating. If her hair starts thinning, that will be a bad sign.

if you don’t mind me asking, did you eat with your family growing up? I did but now have lived on my own for decades, and I prefer eating alone much of the time. My mom has to beg me to join her sometimes!

• Love 5
11 hours ago, Quilt Fairy said:

Those dresses look like she's dressing them in rags from the garbage bin. 

It's the brilliant Vuolo marketing minds at work again.. They seem to spend a lot of time on the internet and out shopping.....You'd think they'd learn something about how to sell... But they seem to think that if they just put something up with their names on it, it's enough....

....Although I suppose years and years with a million leghumpers could make you think that's true....

• Love 8

Maybe Jinger could take a marketing class at one of the forty million community colleges in the area.. 

As for her weight (or lack thereof) I think she’s going for the “Slender beach babe” look that has always been popular in SoCal. We’ll know she’s really gone over the edge when we see signs of cosmetic surgery.

• Useful 4
  • Love 8
24 minutes ago, Teriacky said:

Maybe Jinger could take a marketing class at one of the forty million community colleges in the area.. 

As for her weight (or lack thereof) I think she’s going for the “Slender beach babe” look that has always been popular in SoCal. We’ll know she’s really gone over the edge when we see signs of cosmetic surgery.

That look nowadays is a lot curvier than Jinger. Watch for the fake boobs and butt, maybe! And plumped up lips. 

Edited by Cinnabon
  • LOL 3
  • Love 2
12 minutes ago, iwantcookies said:

If babe wants that and finds a plastic surgeon who is willing to do pro bono surgery.

There are a few of those in the LA area (and other places). Some of those plastic surgeons are desperate for PR and attention, much like the Vuolos!

• Useful 3
  • Love 3
3 hours ago, Teriacky said:

Or she could take several for free from Alison Courses or the multitude of other free classes offered online.

Their lack of social media savvy is totally self-afflicted. I've watched several You-tube and Tik-tok creators go from not knowing what they're doing to having an awesome channel after 1-4 months of experimenting and finding what works for them and their audience. But they freaking worked at it like it was an actual goal or job. The ones who just continually throw crap at the wall to see what sticks never get the interactive following that allows success and growth.

• Love 13
50 minutes ago, Quilt Fairy said:

I don't see any indication that Jinger is seriously underweight.  Her face is not sunken, there're no obvious bones showing through the skin.  I think she's just a small, naturally slim woman.

If “naturally slim” means heavily restricting her food intake, sure. Remember, Jinger herself said she had an eating disorder in their book.

• Useful 2
  • Love 4
1 hour ago, lookeyloo said:

Does/did Jinger know what an eating disorder was/is?  How would she know. Maybe she just dieted.  Was it something the ghost writer put in.  These people!! 

Meechelle also claimed to have an eating disorder so she probably diagnosed Jin.

• Useful 2
  • LOL 3
  • Love 5
21 minutes ago, ozziemom said:

Meechelle also claimed to have an eating disorder so she probably diagnosed Jin.

Jinger probably turned down tater tot casserole too many times and Michelle called it an eating disorder. 

• LOL 8
  • Love 8

Jill made a conscious effort to make friends. She said she prayed for them, and I’ve seen her with different women and their kids, as well as a few couple things. 

I don’t see Jinger as too thin. No one ever saw her legs until fairly recently anyway. 

• Love 6
4 hours ago, Quilt Fairy said:

Whether Jinger is or is not eating any of the food we see in the photos is just speculation on our part. 

I agree! We don't know how much she eats and we certainly don't know that she's severely restricting her intake. She's young and slender like many women. Gravity and age will likely change that one day as it does for many people, but she does appear to have a healthy lifestyle. I am not a fan of their beliefs at all, but I think Jinger looks fine.

• Love 14

Jinger is about the same size as my daughter and it's a perfectly normal weight.  If the kids go to public school when it's time, Jinger will look like 90+% of the mothers waiting for their children.  Obesity is not in for the majority of 30ish year olds in the whiter/Asian upper middle class LA suburbs.  That may sound terribly tacky, but that's how it is.  The one obese mother in the grandkids' area stands out shockingly.  

• Useful 2
  • Love 16
4 hours ago, BetyBee said:

I agree! We don't know how much she eats and we certainly don't know that she's severely restricting her intake. She's young and slender like many women. Gravity and age will likely change that one day as it does for many people, but she does appear to have a healthy lifestyle. I am not a fan of their beliefs at all, but I think Jinger looks fine.

She said in her book that she slept in to avoid breakfast, ate only one meal a day, and learned to move food around on her plate to make it seem like she was eating more than she was. Classic eating disorder symptoms. I don’t know if she still does these things, but she described them in the book. 🤷‍♀️

Edited by Cinnabon
  • Useful 4
  • Love 4
13 minutes ago, Absolom said:

Jinger is about the same size as my daughter and it's a perfectly normal weight.  If the kids go to public school when it's time, Jinger will look like 90+% of the mothers waiting for their children.  Obesity is not in for the majority of 30ish year olds in the whiter/Asian upper middle class LA suburbs.  That may sound terribly tacky, but that's how it is.  The one obese mother in the grandkids' area stands out shockingly.  

There is a HUGE middle ground between obese and extremely thin. Jessa, Jill, and Joy are certainly not obese, but they’re not underweight either. It’s not about being fashionable.

Do you really think some of that 90% aren’t severely restricting?

Edited by Cinnabon
  • Useful 2
  • Love 7
16 minutes ago, Cinnabon said:

Do you really think some of that 90% aren’t severely restricting?

Not from what I've seen visiting their houses.  Pizza, bread, salad, and dessert are frequently served at gatherings with the children.  I will say they ALL work out.  They consume normal amounts and usually more than I can hold.  No one is consuming half a large pizza except for a male here and there, but two slices of pizza, a small piece of bread, a couple of cups of salad, a cup of fruit, and a bakery normal size piece of cake would be a normal meal.  

Of course, there can always be someone with an eating disorder, but I haven't seen any signs of it and I'm attuned to watching teens for eating disorders.  The children are allowed to have as much as they want and very few of them are on the heavy side of normal.  They are almost all involved in after school sports.  Oddly one of the thinnest girls doesn't do sports, but she's on the picky eating side of things.  Jinger looks like what I'm used to seeing outside the school gates at pickup or drop off time.  I'm probably less than 10 pounds heavier than she is and I'm a grandma.  

What you don't see a lot of is chips, candy, cookies, and other snack food.  Fresh fruit and vegetables are abundant as snacks though.  

My point about the one obese mother and yes there's a HUGE range of maybe 200 pounds between Jinger and this woman is that Jinger would NOT stand out and the morbidly obese woman is shocking in comparison to everyone else and very, very obviously stands out in this particular type neighborhood.  

• Useful 2
  • Love 3
10 hours ago, Quilt Fairy said:

Whether Jinger is or is not eating any of the food we see in the photos is just speculation on our part. 

Very true and I don't know anything about Jinger really, (whispers) or care that much if she has a disorder or not.

But if we ban speculation on this site our entire Counting On forum will need to be shut down!  😅

It's what we do and how we roll.  🤷🏽‍♀️

Edited by CouchTater
  • LOL 11
  • Love 10

The fact that Jinger said she moved food around her plate to avoid being detected gives me pause because I find it hard to think anyone paid any attention to what was or wasn't on any of the Duggar kids' plates. But that symptom is one you can quickly find on Google. 

Jing falls in the skinny range and may or may not have an eating disorder. I doubt Michelle's eating disorder was real, so maybe Jinger is outright lying, or maybe she went through a typical body image thing and thought dieting was a disorder.

• Love 15

In the photos that have been posted publicly of Michelle as a teen, she didn't look like she had an eating disorder to me at all. She was never very thin or skeletal. She had flesh on her bones. I think Michelle is and was an attention seeker.

• Love 16
47 minutes ago, floridamom said:

In the photos that have been posted publicly of Michelle as a teen, she didn't look like she had an eating disorder to me at all. She was never very thin or skeletal. She had flesh on her bones. I think Michelle is and was an attention seeker.

The "eating disorder" story emerged right around the time that the TLC spotlight was turning away from her and onto her pretty, marriageable daughters. I'd file that one away with the "missing back muscle" as one of her self-serving lies.

• LOL 1
  • Love 15

With any of the Duggars its hard to know what to believe. So many of them have exaggerated and outright lied. 

I can actually see Jinger thinking she had a disorder. Its harder for me to believe its true, because eating disorders are very hard to beat and they almost always get worse over time.  I've known folks who have gone on very restrictive diets, or periods of time when they've over exercised. The difference is, they were in complete control. The decision to do this was theirs. With disorders like anorexia or bulimia, folks are compelled to not eat or to binge. Fear and anxiety are in control.

Its not say folks haven't overcome eating disorders, because many have and many do all the time. But eating disorders are very much like other chronic mental health disorders, in that most learn to manage their condition to keep it in check and/or lessen the frequency/severity of episodes. This usually takes a lot of work with professionals and most often medication. Two things I see no evidence of Jinger doing.

• Useful 3
  • Love 13
27 minutes ago, Kiss my mutt said:

Most women with bulimia aren’t skeletal. They’re usually at or around a normal weight which is different from anoréxica. 

Yep. They can also be overweight. That's why it's problematic to just diagnose her from a picture. Even if Jinger was heavier, it wouldn't rule out an eating disorder in the same way that her being thin isn't conclusive proof she has one either. 

• Useful 4
  • Love 15
16 minutes ago, crazycatlady58 said:

Yes I am always amazed at these walking miracles who can breathe through their chin.

My dad is 84 and usually one of the few men in the grocery store who knows how to properly wear a mask. 

• Love 9

What is worse is taking two young children who can't be vaccinated out into public needlessly and with the one who could wear a mask without one.  We can't see for sure Felicity doesn't have a mask, but have we ever seen her in one?

• Useful 1
  • Love 16