Type keyword(s) to search

The Duggalos: Jinger and the Holy Goalie

Message added by cm-soupsipper,

Closure Notice: This Thread is now closed due to the name (and much of the posting within it). Please be mindful going forward by naming topics in a way that invites a healthy community conversation. If you name something for a cheap laugh, this thread may be closed later because it encourages discrimination and harm. 

• Start Topic

16 minutes ago, Cinnabon said:

I don’t understand this picture. Do they live anywhere near there?

Yes.  They went from the Americana to the Galleria.  That's two malls not far apart in Glendale which isn't that far from where they live.  

Galleria on the left and Americana on the right.  Grandson's favorite restaurant is just west of the Americana.

image.thumb.png.1f7bb3df2009b9d0957f2279e4315aa7.png

• Useful 5
17 minutes ago, Trillium said:

Is that the art or just a poorly washed mirror?

I feel a lot about some modern "art" the way I do about youtubers making money off unboxing toys on camera--I'm so clearly doing something wrong with my life that I never think of such a simple money making idea. A dirty mirror as an art piece. It takes a lot of genius to think of something that stupid.

• LOL 7
  • Love 4
6 minutes ago, Absolom said:

Yes.  They went from the Americana to the Galleria.  That's two malls not far apart in Glendale which isn't that far from where they live.  

Galleria on the left and Americana on the right.  Grandson's favorite restaurant is just west of the Americana.

image.thumb.png.1f7bb3df2009b9d0957f2279e4315aa7.png

I had assumed they lived an hour or so away, thanks.

31 minutes ago, Cinnabon said:

I had assumed they lived an hour or so away, thanks.

It depends on the traffic.  On a weekday morning I'm guessing 20 minutes.  I've never driven from their house to the mall.  

• Useful 2

I wonder how much credit card debt Babe and Cringe are currently in? I know single people, married couples and retirees who have plenty of disposable income and none of them shop or go out to eat as much as these two do. My aunt has been an M.D. for thirty years and drives a Honda ffs, and these idiots have a Lexus SUV. How the hell are they making this happen?

• Useful 2
  • Love 22
19 minutes ago, BitterApple said:

I wonder how much credit card debt Babe and Cringe are currently in? I know single people, married couples and retirees who have plenty of disposable income and none of them shop or go out to eat as much as these two do. My aunt has been an M.D. for thirty years and drives a Honda ffs, and these idiots have a Lexus SUV. How the hell are they making this happen?

And gas prices in California are quite high right now.

• Useful 1
  • Love 6

She seems to have very little muscle definition for the amount she claims to work out. Even my 200lbs body shows muscle from the 5 days a week workout I do, though my weights set was only a measly 100 dollars(best Xmas present my husband ever game me).

• Love 18
17 hours ago, ginger90 said:

E8697B4B-73C2-467A-906F-4ACF78D1A488.jpeg

I wanna see her lifting those, not just hanging them from the ends of her arms. I don't see her working against gravity in that picture. 

Actually, I'd like to see her doing multiple lifts with smaller weights. Because then I'd find it believable. 

Obviously she's got some muscle tone, because she lifts those kids around. But the frequent workout photos look like they might be protesting too much, given that there's never any working out in them. 

Edited by Churchhoney
  • Useful 1
  • Love 18

Jinger's arms look like they'd snap like dried spaghetti. No way she's doing all this weight training. Someone on Reddit noted her shorts are from lululemon and retail for $60. 

I don't know what's going on with her, but she looks unwell. I don't think it's due to the kids, because it seems like she's barely with them and certainly doesn't lack for childcare. As toxic as the Duggars are, I wonder if a visit home would do Jinger some good. She seems really isolated in L.A.

• Love 15
16 minutes ago, iwantcookies said:

Wow ! Who gifted them such expensive gym equipment?

I wonder whether the gym equipment doesn't belong to the house. ....

I gather that that real-estate guy is quite successful, so he might have rental houses with some significant amenities.

Having a pretty full gym in a rental would be real enticement in any city where people come and work for months or a year or two and then go away again. I think. They wouldn't have to bring their own equipment with them or buy a new set and then have to get rid of it when they depart or even join a gym -- they'd have that very desirable thing right in the house. 

I think there's a pretty strong case for that being what's happening here. 

For Jer, of course, it has the benefit of providing one more apparent proof of wealth he can show off (even though he doesn't actually own it...)  Look at us! We have expensive weights!   In addition to our expensive ice cream...our expensive shoes....our expensive car  and our cake mix with real gold in it! See! You can have faith in Misogynistic Jesus and Money, too!  

Edited by Churchhoney
  • Useful 5
  • Love 18
2 hours ago, iwantcookies said:

Wow ! Who gifted them such expensive gym equipment?

Didn’t someone suggest long ago that some of this equipment may have come with the house rental? I don’t think she’s seriously working out with heavy weights. Those with eating disorders are usually concerned with looking “bulky” in any way, and go for cardio exercise. I wonder if she walks or runs regularly?

2 hours ago, BitterApple said:

Jinger's arms look like they'd snap like dried spaghetti. No way she's doing all this weight training. Someone on Reddit noted her shorts are from lululemon and retail for $60. 

I don't know what's going on with her, but she looks unwell. I don't think it's due to the kids, because it seems like she's barely with them and certainly doesn't lack for childcare. As toxic as the Duggars are, I wonder if a visit home would do Jinger some good. She seems really isolated in L.A.

Yeah, since she’s so thin, working out regularly with weights would give her some visible muscle definition and that’s just not there.

2 hours ago, Churchhoney said:

I wonder whether the gym equipment doesn't belong to the house. ....

I gather that that real-estate guy is quite successful, so he might have rental houses with some significant amenities.

Having a pretty full gym in a rental would be real enticement in any city where people come and work for months or a year or two and then go away again. I think. They wouldn't have to bring their own equipment with them or buy a new set and then have to get rid of it when they depart or even join a gym -- they'd have that very desirable thing right in the house. 

I think there's a pretty strong case for that being what's happening here. 

For Jer, of course, it has the benefit of providing one more apparent proof of wealth he can show off (even though he doesn't actually own it...)  Look at us! We have expensive weights!   In addition to our expensive ice cream...our expensive shoes....our expensive car  and our cake mix with real gold in it! See! You can have faith in Misogynistic Jesus and Money, too!  

I just said the same thing before reading your post - I seem to remember hearing that some home gym equipment came with the rental.

• Useful 1
  • Love 4
2 hours ago, iwantcookies said:

Jinger smells the burgers on Jeremys breath. She might get a bite or 2 from his burger. I doubt she has eaten a big meal in a long time.

I truly hope she takes proper care of herself.

It is rather odd that Jinger, who has admitted to having an eating disorder, is married to a guy who snorfs giant cheeseburgers like they were going out of style and posts it on social media every other day...but to my knowledge, we've never seen Jinger actually eating a bite of anything - posing with food, pretending to eat food, but never actually eating food.

Of course as tone-deaf as Jeremy is with his followers, I doubt he's any more tuned in to what his wife might be dealing with, because you never know when a restaurant is suddenly going to come forward with an offer for a former pro benchwarmer and potentially controversial future pastor to be the face of their brand. 🙄

• Love 13
6 minutes ago, laurakaye said:

It is rather odd that Jinger, who has admitted to having an eating disorder, is married to a guy who snorfs giant cheeseburgers like they were going out of style and posts it on social media every other day...but to my knowledge, we've never seen Jinger actually eating a bite of anything - posing with food, pretending to eat food, but never actually eating food.

Of course as tone-deaf as Jeremy is with his followers, I doubt he's any more tuned in to what his wife might be dealing with, because you never know when a restaurant is suddenly going to come forward with an offer for a former pro benchwarmer and potentially controversial future pastor to be the face of their brand. 🙄

I’m sure he is clueless, but people with eating disorders can be incredibly talented at hiding the severity of their issues. We have seen her with salads and taking the buns off burgers. He may just assume that’s just typical “woman watching her weight” behavior. 

• Useful 1
  • Love 8
3 hours ago, BitterApple said:

She seems really isolated in L.A.

Does she even have any friends who aren't Jeremy's friends? I feel like the people they post about seeing are always folks who are clearly from Jeremy's circle. Of course, that doesn't mean she hasn't befriended them herself (and I suspect Jinger is an introvert), but it's something I've often wondered about. 

• Love 12
1 minute ago, Zella said:

Does she even have any friends who aren't Jeremy's friends? I feel like the people they post about seeing are always folks who are clearly from Jeremy's circle. Of course, that doesn't mean she hasn't befriended them herself (and I suspect Jinger is an introvert), but it's something I've often wondered about. 

She didn’t have actual friends even before she got married, except her sisters and “sweet friends” of the family. None of her very own who truly knew her.

• Love 2
2 minutes ago, Zella said:

I bet some of Jeremy’s fellow students’ wives /girlfriends have bonded, but Jinger has been left out because Jeremy is such a pretentious suck up and the guys resent him. 

• Useful 1
  • Love 11
32 minutes ago, Cinnabon said:

She didn’t have actual friends even before she got married, except her sisters and “sweet friends” of the family. None of her very own who truly knew her.

True. I don't remember her seeming to have any friends in Laredo either, though I paid less attention to them there. 

• Love 5
37 minutes ago, Zella said:

It doesn't seem any of the Duggar sisters have any friends.

• Useful 1
  • Love 3
1 minute ago, GeeGolly said:

I think Joy and Carlin are friends, but yes I can't think of any of the others who genuinely have friends. Like, I know Jill has the one mom she tags for things, but I honestly feel like there's some underlying MLMness in that relationship. I also cannot figure out what Laura and Jana's relationship. Are they friends? Are they more? Are they just forced together as accountability partners? Who knows.

• Love 10
47 minutes ago, laurakaye said:

It is rather odd that Jinger, who has admitted to having an eating disorder, is married to a guy who snorfs giant cheeseburgers like they were going out of style and posts it on social media every other day...but to my knowledge, we've never seen Jinger actually eating a bite of anything - posing with food, pretending to eat food, but never actually eating food

I might be remembering this incorrectly - but wasn't there something about Jer coming to Jing and telling him all of his temptations/lusting etc.

not saying this happened or anything. but just think if you are Jing and hear your husband say he is tempted by thin, blonde women. eating disorder be damned. Jing is going to thin and sort of blonde. Jer is selfish enough to put that on Jing, in my opinion, to show off  his idea of an ideal wife.

• Love 4
20 minutes ago, GeeGolly said:

Duggar brothers pretty much, too, I'd say. They're all good little Gothardites. 

Having been deprived of friends myself as a kid, I can attest that it's a collection of habits and mindsets and reflexive behaviors that stay with you. You're like a very badly socialized dog.

It's a very long journey to having anything like actual friends in your life, I found. 

I improved pretty quickly to the point that I could be a friend in some ways. But I've never gotten to the point of being a seeker of friends. Or a seeker of anything that friends can do for me. I meet all kinds of needs and wants of friends, but I ask for nothing and refuse anything that's offered. I also finally got to the point that I could stop a friendship if it took so much out of me that I realized it didn't fall within any actual definition of friendship. Only certain people can stand to be my friend because I'm 100 percent passive about it. .....

I'm pretty sure the Duggs, all of them, would have an equally messed-up journey toward anything like friendship, if they ever decided to try it. ..... They might very well never try, though, since they all do have a few generations of family that they hang with. They don't experience the absence of other people that I did, so I think few of them will actually travel the  "try to learn about being friends" road. 

And theirs would be somewhat different from mine, probably.

I was schooled out of wanting friends by being constantly told that I was the most undesirable, disgusting, worthless person on Earth and that anybody I approached in any way would be sickened and disgusted so I should leave people alone because I was a terrible bother and a drain on anyone who came near me, the main cause of all problems.  

They, on the other hand, were told not to be friends with people because friends are dangerous and drag fantastically godly people like them away from Jesus. 

Different lyrics, same song, though, I think. 

Edited by Churchhoney
  • Useful 4
  • Love 1
28 minutes ago, Zella said:

I think Joy and Carlin are friends, but yes I can't think of any of the others who genuinely have friends. Like, I know Jill has the one mom she tags for things, but I honestly feel like there's some underlying MLMness in that relationship. I also cannot figure out what Laura and Jana's relationship. Are they friends? Are they more? Are they just forced together as accountability partners? Who knows.

Right, and there was Sierra for a time. I meant to say, friends outside of the Fundy circle.

• Useful 1
  • Love 1
41 minutes ago, GeeGolly said:

Right, and there was Sierra for a time. I meant to say, friends outside of the Fundy circle.

Ah yes very true about the fundie circle. I always forget about Sierra. 

What's especially sad is Jinger is really better positioned than any of them to make friends outside the fundie world because of where she lives, but if she did pick up a friend, it would inevitably be someone from Jeremy's seminary world (another wife), so no luck broadening those horizons. 

1 hour ago, Cinnabon said:

I bet some of Jeremy’s fellow students’ wives /girlfriends have bonded, but Jinger has been left out because Jeremy is such a pretentious suck up and the guys resent him. 

Yep! I would love to know what his classmates think of him. 

• Love 11

I don't know, she doesn't look tooo thin to me. Maybe that's just because I've always been pretty small, and never had a problem. I just can't eat much most of the time. I also don't really like eating in front of people. And maybe she just doesn't want to post pictures of her actually eating the food. But who knows what's really going on. 

• Useful 3
  • Love 10
19 hours ago, xwordfanatik said:

Her legs look like toothpicks.  Gotta stay a size 0 for babe.  🙁

She does not look well.  I was put on medication (which I needed - not psych..lol) and could NOT EAT.  I went down to 98 lbs in a month (from about 130).  My dr. finally figured out that this was the problem, threatened me with hospitalization if i didn't eat - I just couldn't.  Anyway, he took me off that med. and i started gaining weight.  It was a horrible situation, as I could NOT get myself to eat.  I have pictures and I look like a boney mess.  Thanks to the pandemic I gained more weight and wish i was thinner, but not to that expense.

• Useful 1
  • Love 8

Paid partnership:

05140CCF-585F-4A47-9766-8757C591435A.jpeg

FCD15419-E8C2-4606-8883-DF849C45FDE3.jpeg

9 hours ago, emmawoodhouse said:

That is not even a recent picture. She's just starting to grow out the blonde. It's at least a year old.

I think it may be from Jinger’s surprise birthday party (2020).

Edited by ginger90
  • Love 2
18 hours ago, pinkandsparkly13 said:

I don't know, she doesn't look tooo thin to me. Maybe that's just because I've always been pretty small, and never had a problem. I just can't eat much most of the time. I also don't really like eating in front of people. And maybe she just doesn't want to post pictures of her actually eating the food. But who knows what's really going on. 

She shared that she did have an eating disorder in their book.

18 hours ago, BigBingerBro said:

She looks skeletal.   

Turning into a bobble head 😢.

• Love 1