Type keyword(s) to search

The Duggalos: Jinger and the Holy Goalie

Message added by cm-soupsipper,

Closure Notice: This Thread is now closed due to the name (and much of the posting within it). Please be mindful going forward by naming topics in a way that invites a healthy community conversation. If you name something for a cheap laugh, this thread may be closed later because it encourages discrimination and harm. 

• Start Topic

1 minute ago, BitterApple said:

I don't understand the gaping, theatrical expressions either. Just smile and take a normal picture.

I think this sort of stuff happens with people who take multiple photos of themselves and post them online all the time.  They start to think that a normal facial expression is boring and dull and that pulling a face is interesting and dynamic.

For example: Jill Rodrigues, who manages to post dozens of photos of herself almost every day and ends up looking like she stuck her finger in a light socket in half of them.

Another good reason not to take so many selfies.

• Useful 2
  • LOL 7
  • Love 14
57 minutes ago, Suzn said:

What does she go out of her way to look insane?  She really is dumb.

I think they probably developed that habit at home. When they were kids, they were probably all relatively droopy in photos. They didn't seem to get enough sleep or even food and while some think they probably had a lovely happy fairly normal childhood, I don't think that's very likely in their cult, in their church, or in their family, in which the parents have screws loose.

But....their parents expected them to shine shine shine in photos! Not droop! Because I Have the Correct Jesus In My Heart! And Because It's Important To Godly Daddy and Mama That I Burnish Their Image With a Big Smile!!! 

And when you aren't producing a lot of natural smiles for the camera, the fallback procedure for most people is to mug. So that's what I think they did. ....

I mean, all the older daughters sometimes make stupid faces of one kind or another for the camera. And i expect the pressure on them to be smiley was the strongest, since males can look strong!!! and important!!! with a non-smiley face. But Females Exist To Make Males Feel Good And Affirm The Heads of Their Household! So they've gotta smile! --- 

Hence, the mugging. 

This is my supposition, anyway. Much of it's based on my own experience. I didn't learn to mug because a stupid mug was considered unacceptable in my family, where TPTB were less stupid and more generally serious than JB and M...... Instead, I learned to create relatively convincing natural-looking fake smiles. .... That's a much more valuable skill going forward than mugging, I think. Hence, Duggar education fails again....😁

• Love 8
1 hour ago, ginger90 said:

93EC06BF-444A-4E93-9844-4ED9D38BD793.jpeg

Those crunchy curls... I mean, I know they were a thing in the early 90's for some reason but this photo was taken in 2011.

Did she have something wrong with a front tooth at the time or is it just a weird angle or the light? It looks grey.

• Useful 1
  • Love 9

Is there no other picture that she could have posted?  I’m trying to figure out what is going on with her teeth. She looks like she’s missing a front tooth. 

Or, maybe it’s a big FU to the parentals. “Look how terrible I looked compared to now. My parents made me look this weird.”

• Useful 1
  • LOL 6
Just now, Vaysh said:

Those crunchy curls... I mean, I know they were a thing in the early 90's for some reason but this photo was taken in 2011.

Did she have something wrong with a front tooth at the time or is it just a weird angle or the light? It looks grey.

I think you're seeing the top edge of her braces.

• Useful 3
  • Love 6
20 minutes ago, Vaysh said:

Unfortunately, I'd say that's the Meechelle-, Jim Bob- and Bill Gothard-approved-and-recommended hair "style." 

Growing Up Duggar came out in 2014, and here are all four of the poor things. Crunchy and ridiculous looking as all get-out

image.png.e38ceea096654fc67a3a77c828813b50.png

https://www.walmart.com/ip/Growing-Up-Duggar-Hardcover-9781451679168/23780569

Edited by Churchhoney
  • Love 1
On 9/4/2021 at 9:33 AM, ginger90 said:

Another repost:

822F474D-6F96-4A94-8FE5-47A0B71D3CC0.jpeg

They're not "showing her face", but she's clearly performing on stage. It wouldn't surprise me if this event was broadcasted to the world. Even if it's not she's still performing. It seems a little hypocritical.

• Love 15
On 9/4/2021 at 6:20 PM, Vaysh said:

I’m actually surprised she’d share this. I assumed she wouldn’t want to be reminded of her less fashionable pre-Jeremy days now that she’s an LA breakout star. 

• LOL 3
  • Love 7
13 minutes ago, awaken said:

Care for others?  Really?  When?  

When it benefits him to do so. 

Eta: Not that I think he really cares, but that is when he makes the effort to pretend to care. 

Edited by EVS
  • Love 13

Based on his social media, all he cares about is being seen at the latest LA hip food spot, showing off his fancy pens while fake-studying and letting us see what latest footwear he and his wife are sporting.   B O R I N G  so caring!

• Love 13
13 minutes ago, riverblue22 said:

Ah, I love the gun pic on the post about CARING Jeremy!

So who can tell me what is the white stuff he is eating out of that big bag?

I think he's holding a single shell, and a glass vase full of them.

• Love 8
5 hours ago, EVS said:

When it benefits him to do so. 

Eta: Not that I think he really cares, but that is when he makes the effort to pretend to care. 

I can’t even think of when he’s been shown caring for anyone, ever. Other than saying jinger is pretty. Just takes advantage of freebies, and shows off. 

• Love 5
9 minutes ago, madpsych78 said:

That doesn't look safe. It looks like she's laying down on the mat and the Bowflex is on top of her. I would be worried about it crushing her chest if it is set at a level that is too heavy.

I really doubt she is "working out." Pure photo op.

• Love 16
16 hours ago, Angeltoes said:

She has one big boob.

That is the best comment of the week. 

2 hours ago, Westiepeach said:

I really doubt she is "working out." Pure photo op.

Definitely yes. I can hear her say Felicity stick your sandal in my face. No less foot. That’s good. Our fans have to remember we got kids! 

Edited by iwantcookies
  • LOL 9
  • Love 1

These vapid fools did an IG live last night. Can’t bring myself to watch it. The comments are praising them as “Christian superstars” and for keeping their kids off of social media for their own privacy (haha). Apparently they address McDonald’s ice cream. 

• Useful 1
  • LOL 6