Type keyword(s) to search

The Duggalos: Jinger and the Holy Goalie

Message added by cm-soupsipper,

Closure Notice: This Thread is now closed due to the name (and much of the posting within it). Please be mindful going forward by naming topics in a way that invites a healthy community conversation. If you name something for a cheap laugh, this thread may be closed later because it encourages discrimination and harm. 

• Start Topic

1 hour ago, Absolom said:

We can't see for sure Felicity doesn't have a mask, but have we ever seen her in one?

We haven't seen her face in forever, so who knows. If the Vuolos read here, I'm sure a post of Felicity wearing a mask (but not showing the top of her face) is forthcoming...

• LOL 10
9 hours ago, crazycatlady58 said:

Yes I am always amazed at these walking miracles who can breathe through their chin.

Hey, it's proof that masks are 100% effective against contracting COVID through your chin.

• LOL 15
On 9/24/2021 at 9:03 AM, galaxygirl76 said:

I was thinking the same thing. People are going to want to see the front of clothing more than the back, at least I do. Next up pictures of kids taken from the front without their heads showing cuz reasons. Nothing screams 'I want to keep my kids off social media' like using them to shill products. 

Maybe they’ll copy Michael Jackson and put weird masks on the kids 👺

• LOL 8
1 hour ago, ginger90 said:

Felicity wasn’t 2 yet, and they got negative comments about the fact Felicity was “wearing “ a mask. I don’t know if she’s worn one since turning 3 in July:

15286FF9-1E87-4663-90AB-BE7A2A1C46C0.jpeg

0269AFA8-27B0-43B6-A8CB-3D2AE0F020E1.jpeg

Looking at Felicity’s PJs it occurred to me they have not posted from the happiest place on earth. Did I miss a Disney visit?  Not that it’s a requirement but these two dimwits post every time they go to the mall.

• Useful 1
  • LOL 2
  • Love 8
3 minutes ago, BigBingerBro said:

Didn't they go to WDW in Orlando a few years back and met Jana and a few of the other Medicorps heros there?   I could be remembering incorrectly, but I think RFP also did some preaching in the area on the same trip.....

I thought they went to Universal Studios, but could be wrong. Besides they are all about California, except for realizing calling it Cali gives away you are not from here, just a poser. 

• LOL 3
  • Love 6
43 minutes ago, Zella said:

They have no courage of their convictions....

I often point out how Jessa will double down on what she is doing to spite constructive criticism, but Jeremy and Jinger seem to represent the opposite end of that. Jeremy has always struck me as someone with a pathological need to be liked. I think that is one reason he tries to do less advertising of how hateful his beliefs are, but I think it is also a driving factor behind the spectacular ineptness of their social media presence. 

Brings to mind the video of Jeremy walking to church alone one Sunday prior to Evie's birth.  He wears a mask while walking through the quiet residential area, and then takes if off to go inside the well-populated church and sit shoulder-to-shoulder with MacArthur's sheep.

• Love 15
Just now, sheshark said:

Brings to mind the video of Jeremy walking to church alone one Sunday prior to Evie's birth.  He wears a mask while walking through the quiet residential area, and then takes if off to go inside the well-populated church and sit shoulder-to-shoulder with MacArthur's sheep.

Yes exactly! That's basically Jeremy in a nutshell. 

• Love 16
3 minutes ago, Cinnabon said:

Does anyone think Jinger has any understanding of the virus, masks, and vaccines? Does she ever do any of her own research, or does she just believe whatever Jeremy tells her?

I am sure she does as she is told, but I also don't think Jeremy is much of a scholar or deep thinker either. 

• Love 21
10 minutes ago, Cinnabon said:

Does anyone think Jinger has any understanding of the virus, masks, and vaccines? Does she ever do any of her own research, or does she just believe whatever Jeremy tells her?

I don't think Jinge is stupid. And I expect she cares about her kids' health and so on. But seems to me her religion has as one of its main tenets that your reason and so-called facts simply lead you astray when it comes to matters of faith. They're tools of the devil. 

And she just got herself baptized in her second-layer church, which is just as misogynistic -- albeit with a different dress code -- as the first. So I'd think she considers her duty as a Christian wife toward her husband to be a primary tenet of her faith. So .... she follows Jer's lead because she's a member of two cultish religions, both of which order her to do that. I think she may well know facts, but she probably just doesn't focus on them. She focuses on following the headship instead, because God never said "follow facts." He said "follow the headship." 

And since Jer's a windsock for opinions, following the headship's lead in Jingle's case means Masks On! No, Masks Off! No, Masks On!, No......etc. 

lather rinse repeat. 

Kinda similar to the various Jer-led enthusiasms she expresses and her "career" as a social-media person.....etc. Misogynistic Jesus has told her to drop her identity and her brain at the door. So she has. 

Edited by Churchhoney
  • Love 11
8 minutes ago, Zella said:

I am sure she does as she is told, but I also don't think Jeremy is much of a scholar or deep thinker either. 

It’s just hard for me to fathom someone being surrounded by virus talk for almost 2 years now - on the internet, in the news, and discussed by everyone - and not have formed some independent opinions and feelings about it. Does she care about protecting her kids?

5 minutes ago, Churchhoney said:

I don't think Jinge is stupid. And I expect she cares about her kids' health and so on. But seems to me her religion has as one of its main tenets that your reason and so-called facts simply lead you astray when it comes to matters of faith. They're tools of the devil. 

And she just got herself baptized in her second-layer church, which is just as misogynistic -- albeit with a different dress code -- as the first. So I'd think she considers her duty as a Christian wife toward her husband to be a primary tenet of her faith. So .... she follows Jer's lead because she's a member of two cultish religions, both of which order her to do that. I think she may well know facts, but she probably just doesn't focus on them. She focuses on following the headship instead, because God never said "follow facts." He said "follow the headship." 

And since Jer's a windsock for opinions, following the headship's lead in Jingle's case means Masks On! No, Masks Off! No, Masks On!, No......etc. 

lather rinse repeat. 

Kinda similar to the various Jer-led enthusiasms she expresses and her "career" as a social-media person.....etc. Misogynistic Jesus has told her to drop her identity and her brain at the door. So she has. 

As I said, it’s all just hard for me to fathom, being so damn opinionated myself! I’m glad my mom and her friends are Catholic, because their churches have been very smart and careful about having online masses, and providing masks in person. And the Pope has declared it important for people to get vaccinated. 

• Useful 3
  • Love 11
6 minutes ago, Cinnabon said:

It’s just hard for me to fathom someone being surrounded by virus talk for almost 2 years now - on the internet, in the news, and discussed by everyone - and not have formed some independent opinions and feelings about it. Does she care about protecting her kids?

I don't get it either. Though I will say I give Jeremy less of a pass since Jinger was raised to not be inquisitive. I'm not sure what his excuse was. I was always a really inquisitive and opinionated person, even as a child, and I am so glad that my family (especially my grandparents and dad) encouraged that and didn't try to beat it out of me. 

• Love 11
9 minutes ago, Cinnabon said:

As I said, it’s all just hard for me to fathom, being so damn opinionated myself! I’m glad my mom and her friends are Catholic, because their churches have been very smart and careful about having online masses, and providing masks in person. And the Pope has declared it important for people to get vaccinated. 

Yep, hard for me to fathom, too. And thank goodness for Pope Francis. 

• Love 8
22 hours ago, Cinnabon said:

Beverly Hills again? Give it up, poser.

Oh, that's not even the half of it. That mall is not in Beverly Hills. It's in Century City, which only borders BH. Poser, indeed.

• Useful 4
  • LOL 18
  • Love 1
3 minutes ago, niffy said:

Oh, that's not even the half of it. That mall is not in Beverly Hills. It's in Century City, which only borders BH. Poser, indeed.

Well, isn’t he special. I live in NE Ohio. That is close to New York City and Manhattan, no? ::eye roll::

• LOL 22
  • Love 2
14 minutes ago, Westiepeach said:

Well, isn’t he special. I live in NE Ohio. That is close to New York City and Manhattan, no? ::eye roll::

Ha! That’s like the lame ass people I went to high school with that say they live in Houston but they really live in Baytown.

The thirst is real with RFP. He must not know many people on the interwebs are smart enough to know that people who try the hardest look happy on social media tend to be the least happy.  He may fool some but he’s not fooling me.

Edited by Ijustwantsomechips
  • Love 15

Do we actually know the Vuolos thoughts on covid? We saw them wear masks where they were enforced, but unmasked where they weren't. Are they vaccinated?

I have nurse friends who are vaccinated, but get really wonky about kids. One fought to keep mask out of schools and another traipses her two year old everywhere. They're both pro-vax, believe covid is real, yet partially act like it isn't.

Have the Vuolos given any clue to their thoughts?

• Love 1
9 hours ago, sheshark said:

Exactly. They’re shown wearing masks when outside with “famous” people, but not wearing them in crowds indoors. How would they feel if their children got seriously ill from covid, all because they want to stay in MacArthur’s good graces?  

• Love 9
3 hours ago, GeeGolly said:

Have the Vuolos given any clue to their thoughts?

Yes they have. Jeremy posted something a while ago. I won't say what, because it violates forum rules as it was extremely political. 

Suffice to say it seemed like Jeremy wasn't taking the Pandemic seriously. I have no idea if they're vaxxed or not. With the exception of Jill and Derick, no one in the Duggar family is vaxxed and taking the Pandemic seriously. Neither are many of their fans. I saw that in the comments on someone's Instagram post. The only real hope I have that Jeremy and Jinger might be vaccinated is that his siblings and other relatives seem reasonable (in general) and they might have convinced JinJer to get vaccinated.

Edited by Temperance
  • Useful 9
  • Love 1

I am listening to a podcast called "The Rise and Fall of Mars Hill."  It's interesting to me because there's a big Mars Hill church near my town (pretty sure it used to be much larger than it currently is).  In the first episode there's some audio from Johnny Mac, and the host says that the JM story might be for another podcast.  But the podcast poses some interesting questions about both the leaders of mega-churches, and the congregations that allow them to become larger than life based mostly on their preaching ability but before their character has developed.  I can't help but think that several points are very relevant to Jeremy and the persona he's developed in his own mind about his self-importance.  He's got a lot of opinions but nothing to back them up except that he thinks he's a big deal.  

Edited by laurakaye
  • Useful 4
  • Love 6

I think Jer might not want them to make many public statements about Covid precautions lest he accidentally piss off his boss.

MacArthur's views have been a little mixed. They've mostly seemed to be pro-vaccine but anti-mask and anti-social-distancing. But people connected to the church seem to see him as increasingly hard to predict, making it better to keep your mouth shut about touchy subjects. And Covid definitely is one of those with him. 

I can't see Jer saying anything that he's not absolutely sure MacArthur will approve of.  

Edited by Churchhoney
  • Useful 1
  • Love 10
21 hours ago, Temperance said:

Yes they have. Jeremy posted something a while ago. I won't say what, because it violates forum rules as it was extremely political. 

Suffice to say it seemed like Jeremy wasn't taking the Pandemic seriously. I have no idea if they're vaxxed or not. With the exception of Jill and Derick, no one in the Duggar family is vaxxed and taking the Pandemic seriously. Neither are many of their fans. I saw that in the comments on someone's Instagram post. The only real hope I have that Jeremy and Jinger might be vaccinated is that his siblings and other relatives seem reasonable (in general) and they might have convinced JinJer to get vaccinated.

MacArthur has generally been pro-vaccine (though anti-all-the-other-public-health-measures). So I'm thinking Jer and company probably are vaccinated. He still might not want to talk about it, though, in case JM changes his mind. 

Edited by Churchhoney
  • Useful 5
  • Love 4
On 9/30/2021 at 9:35 AM, laurakaye said:

I am listening to a podcast called "The Rise and Fall of Mars Hill."  It's interesting to me because there's a big Mars Hill church near my town (pretty sure it used to be much larger than it currently is).  In the first episode there's some audio from Johnny Mac, and the host says that the JM story might be for another podcast.  But the podcast poses some interesting questions about both the leaders of mega-churches, and the congregations that allow them to become larger than life based mostly on their preaching ability but before their character has developed.  I can't help but think that several points are very relevant to Jeremy and the persona he's developed in his own mind about his self-importance.  He's got a lot of opinions but nothing to back them up except that he thinks he's a big deal.  

I’ve been listening to that podcast too!  I heard about it on Sarah Bessey’s FB page, and started at the end of July. As someone who is a Gen X’er who grew up in the evangelical church, it’s been completely eye-opening. 

Maybe Jeremy should take a listen. He might learn something. 😂

• Useful 5
  • Love 1
46 minutes ago, irisheyes said:

I’ve been listening to that podcast too!  I heard about it on Sarah Bessey’s FB page, and started at the end of July. As someone who is a Gen X’er who grew up in the evangelical church, it’s been completely eye-opening. 

Maybe Jeremy should take a listen. He might learn something. 😂

Unfortunately, Christianity Today has run pieces criticizing MacArthur more than once, so it's probably on Pinocchio's forbidden list. 😁

• LOL 3
  • Love 8
15 hours ago, galaxygirl76 said:

Ink? A lefty using ink? This lefty grew out of that phase really quick.

I suspect Jeremy wouldn't let her use this; it's for scholars, who are of course men.  But since she has more followers, she gets to shill the product.

• LOL 2
  • Love 18