Type keyword(s) to search

The Duggalos: Jinger and the Holy Goalie

Message added by cm-soupsipper,

Closure Notice: This Thread is now closed due to the name (and much of the posting within it). Please be mindful going forward by naming topics in a way that invites a healthy community conversation. If you name something for a cheap laugh, this thread may be closed later because it encourages discrimination and harm. 

• Start Topic

On 10/28/2021 at 5:44 AM, BigBingerBro said:

2g2r6n42w5w71.jpg?width=640&crop=smart&a

z79yi6ev65w71.jpg

Thought Monica Lewinsky was there wearing fake Halloween teeth. (Lower right in pic.)

Is Jing doing air guns?  So way cool. Only not.

Edited by drafan
  • LOL 14
11 minutes ago, drafan said:

Though Monica Lewinsky was there wearing fake Halloween teeth. (Lower right in pic.)

Is Jing doing air guns?  So way cool.

I thought she was flipping the bird at first lol. 

• LOL 4
  • Love 2
9 hours ago, farmgal4 said:

I may be wrong but I think that’s Jinger.  I see breasts and small, lady-like hands.

Hahaha, I thought at first people meant the pic was of Jeremy holding jinger, rather than him holding felicity. A tiny and shirtless jinger. 

• LOL 14

If you all think Jeremy is bad with sneakers, you need to check out the dad from another TLC family - Adam Busby. He even has a sneaker link on his IG. I'm guessing he owns 50 - 100 pairs.

Also, Adam might be more in love with his own image, than Jeremy is with his.

The third runner up in the Guy Who Loves Himself category is Carlin Bates' husband - Evan Stewart.

• Useful 3
  • LOL 5
  • Love 7
50 minutes ago, GeeGolly said:

If you all think Jeremy is bad with sneakers, you need to check out the dad from another TLC family - Adam Busby. He even has a sneaker link on his IG. I'm guessing he owns 50 - 100 pairs.

The third runner up in the Guy Who Loves Himself category is Carlin Bates' husband - Evan Stewart.

I sometimes check on the Outdaughtered thread. Adumb Busby is a piece of work and he definitely thinks he's hot stuff. With all of the hairspray he uses, if someone ever lights a match around him, I swear his head would exploded.

• LOL 13
  • Love 2
2 hours ago, GeeGolly said:

I think you’re forgetting about soon to be married Lawson!

• LOL 6
  • Love 6
4 hours ago, Westiepeach said:

I wanna be his Homie... not.

250930975_4474811945932776_8445481973818789013_n.jpg

HBD? I’m drawing a blank? Hot Bird Dick? Honey But Dumb? So many questions… I’m gonna go hose down some frisky trick or treaters to clear my mind, lol.

• LOL 16
On 10/24/2021 at 12:46 PM, Jynnan tonnix said:

I think that was Ricardo Montalban. But, yeah. 

I cannot be the only one who had a looong moment of, "Ricardo Montalban & Fernando Llamas are.... different people?" Like I know that (they've got different names!) but I thought of them interchangeably. 

Though I have a vague recollection of a SNL skit featuring both. The skit was a game show called, "¿Quien es más Macho?" (Who is the most Macho) and it was great. 

Jeremy's phone in church is just disgusting. 

• LOL 4
  • Love 7
On 10/29/2021 at 8:11 PM, drafan said:

Thought Monica Lewinsky was there wearing fake Halloween teeth. (Lower right in pic.)

Is Jing doing air guns?  So way cool. Only not.

My first thought was she was wearing those wax teeth that people used to get at the candy store when I was a kid.  However, seeing multiple photos, it appears those are her real teeth.  Too bad.  

• LOL 1
  • Love 1
9 hours ago, Lady Jane said:

I cannot be the only one who had a looong moment of, "Ricardo Montalban & Fernando Llamas are.... different people?" Like I know that (they've got different names!) but I thought of them interchangeably. 

Though I have a vague recollection of a SNL skit featuring both. The skit was a game show called, "¿Quien es más Macho?" (Who is the most Macho) and it was great. 

Jeremy's phone in church is just disgusting. 

Lloyd Bridges es muy macho. 

• Love 3

18 minutes ago, SMama said:

No Felicity?

Evangeline is the only kid in the picture, so either Felicity is off camera with the other children or she's with a sitter and Jinger and Jeremy brought a baby to an adult party.

• Love 1
3 hours ago, Westiepeach said:

Jesus Christ. Obsessed much?

Well, really, is there anything more important -- or intellectual or spiritual or character-building -- than imbuing children with a passion for expensive brand names?

I think not! 

• LOL 12
  • Love 2
9 hours ago, Lady Jane said:

t isn't even considered a top EVANGELICAL seminary! In fact, there are like a half-dozen seminaries in Texas he could have gone to that are of better (so, marginal) quality.

This is what's always gotten me. Even if he wanted to move to LA, there are many other seminaries he could have chosen that were not MacArthur's. I know back in the day people argued that Jeremy didn't really share his in-laws' beliefs or MacArthur's (and some may still think that), but I think the fact he sought this place out and remains there tells us all we need to know about Jeremy and his beliefs. 

• Useful 1
  • Love 14
43 minutes ago, Zella said:

This is what's always gotten me. Even if he wanted to move to LA, there are many other seminaries he could have chosen that were not MacArthur's. I know back in the day people argued that Jeremy didn't really share his in-laws' beliefs or MacArthur's (and some may still think that), but I think the fact he sought this place out and remains there tells us all we need to know about Jeremy and his beliefs. 

Yep, he totally sought it out.

We saw him buzzing around MacArthur and posting about him and various of his acolytes for quite a while before he even applied to the long-distance program. It was a very active choice on his part.

And once he was in the distance-learning part then he started sucking up even harder. Trying -- and succeeding -- to go there not just for a degree but specifically to become MacArthur's best boy. This place clearly appealed to him more than any other. And he was spending so much time and energy on JM and people who follow the same beliefs that there's no way Jer didn't know what those beliefs are. They don't make any secret of it. 

And since he got in, he seems to have been networking pretty exclusively with other MacArthur acolytes and pals, young and old. In his mind, he in no way "settled" for something. This seminary and the group that love it were clearly top of the line for Jer -- really the only choice he even considered, it looked like. Like Nike or cake mix with gold in it. 😁

But I think @Lady Jane pointed to the crux of the matter. This is not a seminary where you go to challenge your faith....

And that's right....It's a seminary where challenging your faith is considered to be immoral. It's a place where you learn what the patriarchy was set up to promote and you prepare to vigorously promote it. And that's obviously what Jer wanted -- wanted it without a hint of any cracks in that armor.....

That's why they have to try to put younger faces out on social media and such -- what they're selling is totally the past. Not something where questions about the future or even about the present are permitted. That makes hard to attract younger people, so they're trying every gimmick they can come up with. Because they absolutely reject the notion that questioning or rethinking anything is acceptable........Jer may or may not have swallowed exactly the same beliefs as the Duggs and Gothard....but it's close. Equally misogynistic, for example. 

Edited by Churchhoney
  • Useful 1
  • Love 14

I'm assuming Felicity was there and maybe with some other kids in a different room? Jeremy and Jinger have no qualms about dumping their kids on the church ladies, so it seems out of character to bring the baby along but leave the other behind. You'd think it would either be both or nothing. 

• Love 5

The sweet Vuolo children look creepy in those masks. Probably because of the mystery surrounding their actual faces these days.

ETA - It's been pointed out that these are stickers added later, not masks. I still feel that they make the pics look creepy. 

Edited by BetyBee
  • Love 7

The kids aren't wearing masks in the Halloween pictures.  Jinger simply photoshopped a sticker/emoji on their faces before posting the pic.  I see it done all the time when people don't have permission to post photos of other people's children.  When it's your own children, its just stupid.

• Useful 1
  • Love 10
27 minutes ago, xwordfanatik said:

Jer is morphing into Michael Jackson, with the kids always wearing masks.  And not even protective masks.  What a jackass.

9 minutes ago, BetyBee said:

The sweet Vuolo children look creepy in those masks. Probably because of the mystery surrounding their actual faces these days.

They are not wearing masks. They are stickers that have been added digitally before posting the pictures to social media to obscure their faces. There are many celebrities that do similar, Kristen Bell and Lin-Manuel Miranda are a few examples. 

I applaud them for taking some steps to protect their kids. They are damned if they do, damned if they don't when it comes to pictures. If they never posted pictures of the kids people would be upset about that as well.

• Useful 1
  • Love 11
3 minutes ago, sheshark said:

The kids costumes were “designed”?  Hey, I am also a designer.  The stay-at-home mom couldn’t have figured that out? 

The sad thing is, the credit is given to a guy who seems to be a real artist.

Felicity has a headband with felt ears and regular clothes. The ears are something every mom of a trick-or-treater has made.

Evie Jo's dress is cute, but again something any parent could do.

• Love 5
26 minutes ago, P2C2E said:

I applaud them for taking some steps to protect their kids. They are damned if they do, damned if they don't when it comes to pictures. If they never posted pictures of the kids people would be upset about that as well.

Yeah, given the upcoming shit-show that's about to unfold with Pest, I can't blame them. I certainly wouldn't want my kids' pictures tacked onto articles about Josh's CSA charges. Even if they're keeping the girls off social media (or their faces at least) for virtue signaling purposes, it's still not a bad thing. 

Edited by BitterApple
  • Love 8
17 minutes ago, galaxygirl76 said:

According to reddit they went to a Reformation Day party and nothing Halloween related. Don't know why the costumes. 

The kids dressed up as Hogwarts students FTW!

eta I think they're bringing that dreadful podcast back. Or Jer finally scored a deal with Nike. 🤣

Edited by emmawoodhouse
  • LOL 1
  • Love 2

wow - learn something new everyday

I grew up in a staunch missouri synod lutheran household. our church did re enactments of the nailing up of the 95 theses on the church door every year. never have I heard of a "reformation party" to replace the evils of halloween.

but in a church where women could hold no position, women could never even step on the altar platform (except to set up/clean up the sacraments) we kids always did trick or treating. My dad was among the elders and even he was known to drink a beer or two when taking us out "begging".

that there are reformation party ideas easily found online makes me laugh. nothing there has a winnie the pooh or tigger.

Edited by crazy8s
  • Useful 1
  • LOL 5
  • Love 4
Just now, crazy8s said:

wow - learn something new everyday

I grew up in a staunch missouri synod lutheran household. our church did re enactments of the nailing up of the 95 theses on the church door every year. never have I heard of a "reformation party" to replace the evils of halloween.

but in a church where women could hold no position, women could never even step on the altar platform (except to set up/clean up the sacraments) we kids always did trick or treating. My dad was among the elders and even he was known to drink a beer or two when taking us out "begging".

I feel super old watching all these proceedings. In the churches I went to as a kid in the 90s, there was no Halloween or Reformation Party.

If they want to do Halloween, there's nothing wrong with it. Just own it and do Halloween instead of being coy about it. 

• Love 15
2 hours ago, ginger90 said:

D9C17A70-F645-47DB-97F1-861E309CB058.jpeg

The Felicity-Evangeline picture is right out of a horror movie.  The stickers are just too weird not to look full-on creepy there, in my opinion.. Especially with Felicity's lens-created giant feet and the fact that Evangeline's sticker isn't a face but a pot. 

I think they should have just posted the family photo by itself. Not all your pictures are worth posting. I wouldn't want to make my kids look creepy. We can see their costumes in the other photo. 

Edited by Churchhoney
  • LOL 1
  • Love 12