Type keyword(s) to search

The Duggalos: Jinger and the Holy Goalie

Message added by cm-soupsipper,

Closure Notice: This Thread is now closed due to the name (and much of the posting within it). Please be mindful going forward by naming topics in a way that invites a healthy community conversation. If you name something for a cheap laugh, this thread may be closed later because it encourages discrimination and harm. 

• Start Topic

It really doesn't matter if Jill's stud is real, magnetic or a stick-on.  It's unexpected for her, thus good for conversation.  She's probably enjoying the attention. And finally being shown wearing jeans is another baby step, though many of us suspected lots of pants-wearing in the TTH for many years.

Jinger at least seems to have changed up her lifestyle, personal style and attitude in a more substantial way.  The clothing, child-free marriage and evident socializing outside the clan all speak to a young woman broadening her horizons.   

No matter what any of her sisters do, I see Jinger as the trailblazer.  

• Love 16
58 minutes ago, floridamom said:

Jill doesn't have a nose 'ring', I believe it's a stick on stud she's got there. No way would she pierce her nose, or anything else but her earlobes. It goes against their religion to do that to your body.

This X 1000!!   No way I believe that she actually pierced her nose.

• Love 1
On 11/29/2017 at 3:24 PM, Natalie68 said:

Hairdresser comment ahead.  It is kinda BEC but have to say it.  Michelle has kind of a wide face so to give her hair width at the side and flat on top accentuates the overall width of her face.  Her hair looked SO much better when her friend got her a makeover.   She is not an old woman and could look more youthful if she updated her look.  I am only saying this because while she is uber modest, she seems to care how her countenance looks.  Her kids are slowly doing it so she should as well.  Who cares what Boob likes.  He obviously has zero fashion sense.  If I completely ignore their beliefs and how despicable they are as people, she is a pretty woman.   Pigs must be flying because I said something nice about Michelle.  OY!

What does BEC mean? 

It seems like every day I have to ask what some initials mean. 

• Love 5
30 minutes ago, Maharincess said:

What does BEC mean? 

Bitch Eating Crackers. Everything this person does annoys you, even something as simple as eating crackers.

• Love 13
15 hours ago, Maharincess said:

What does BEC mean? 

Urban Dictionary to the rescue! Very useful when it comes to acronyms and slang. I find myself using it pretty much every other day.

(It is based on users' contributions so there are some definitions that are trolling/inside jokes, but all in all, I recommend it.)

• Love 5
14 hours ago, PinkyCupcake said:

Urban Dictionary to the rescue! Very useful when it comes to acronyms and slang. I find myself using it pretty much every other day.

(It is based on users' contributions so there are some definitions that are trolling/inside jokes, but all in all, I recommend it.)

Thank you @PinkyCupcake!  I have it bookmarked now.  I myself have VOCD, the first definition!

• Love 3
1 hour ago, TresGatos said:

And yet she is still wearing flip flops. I guess some things never change.

Those look more like boiled wool slippers ....the kind from World Market.

Jinge looks adorable and very happy. Nothing else to say except her hair should be lopped off to about half-mast.

• Love 16

Throwing out a conspiracy bone here. A few of us think JB is not a happy camper since Jinger is not knocked up or has not announced she is not knocked up yet. I think he may be happy because Jinger is not pregnant proving his daughters are not getting pregnant as soon as they say I do. He can say hey one of my daughters is leading a happy life even with the news she was molested by her brother. It is in a way, a winning situation for him.

32 minutes ago, bigskygirl said:

Throwing out a conspiracy bone here. A few of us think JB is not a happy camper since Jinger is not knocked up or has not announced she is not knocked up yet. I think he may be happy because Jinger is not pregnant proving his daughters are not getting pregnant as soon as they say I do. He can say hey one of my daughters is leading a happy life even with the news she was molested by her brother. It is in a way, a winning situation for him.

I think that could be his public facing opinion, but personal opinion may be that Jinger isn't producing grandbaby #11 (?) quickly enough.

• Love 4
10 minutes ago, flyingdi said:

Is Jinger used to snow?  Does it snow much in Arkansas?  I'm from Pennsylvania where snow is still exciting until it hits the first foot or so.

In Texas you are lucky to get 1 inch and have it last more than 2 hours.

• Love 5
4 minutes ago, Triple P said:

I think that could be his public facing opinion, but personal opinion may be that Jinger isn't producing grandbaby #11 (?) quickly enough.

And at this point, a year past the wedding, it's clear that, barring any fertility issues, they are most probably not leaving the number of children they will have completely in God's hands. I think that's a much bigger part of their religious views than things like dress, which there is leeway in depending on what you feel "convicted" of. While he may secretly by happy to see Jinger breaking the mold in things like wearing pants, I can't honestly see him approving of birth control.

• Love 13
37 minutes ago, bigskygirl said:

I think this is giving JB WAY too much credit. I think that JB's thought process is much more on the "fire good" level than any sort of Machiavellian strategization.

Since his goal right now is 200 grandchildren, I would imagine that everyone in the family is putting the thumb screws to Jinger in some passive-aggressive, Jesus-y way, and that may be part of the reason why they don't seem t spend a lot of time at the TTH.

• Love 22

I would imagine that everyone in the family is putting the thumb screws to Jinger in some passive-aggressive, Jesus-y way, and that may be part of the reason why they don't seem t spend a lot of time at the TTH.

Sadly, they use Skype (or whatever) for that.

• Love 1
14 hours ago, drafan said:

Those look more like boiled wool slippers ....the kind from World Market.

Jinge looks adorable and very happy. Nothing else to say except her hair should be lopped off to about half-mast.

I agree, having enlargened them, they are some type of woolen moccasins.  

• Love 2
On 12/8/2017 at 3:28 PM, flyingdi said:

You Know people say Jeremy is a egotistical man who only wanted a wife he could boss around.  I don't know though, judging from his pics of Jinger,  he is absolutely fascinated by this girl if not totally besotted by her.

I think it is both.

He loves her and she loves him.

And he enjoys being her headship. He enjoys that she is meek.

• Love 22
1 hour ago, Temperance said:

I'm pretty sure they had three? Although the only one I've ever seen is Jeremy. He's their baby.

It's hard to know what to make of Jer's family, since his father, at least, has a lot of fanatical fundie stuff going on. I mean, what does it say if you dedicate yourself to converting the Amish to the correct Jesus? And Jer is so heavily into Calvinist everybody-shaming, anti-gay, etc. But his brother appears to be on a completely different wavelength, and while I don't know what his sister's ideas are, she is certainly culturally in a completely different place from fundie-world. 

This is stuff, including pictures, about Jer's brother, Chuck Jr., a videographer and aspiring director and producer, and his sister, Valerie, a violinist. 

https://www.instagram.com/chuckvuolo/?hl=en

https://www.linkedin.com/in/charles-vuolo-41771a52/

The Vuolos' older son just finished directing a movie that's a story, apparently sympathetic, about a guy with transgender issues -- his work is NOT in the death-to-the-masturbators-and-ministers-sympathetic-to-gay-marriage-mode ... http://www.imdb.com/title/tt7110484/?ref_=nm_flmg_dr_1

http://www.imdb.com/name/nm3252101/

https://www.hatchfund.org/user/cvuolo

And here's Valerie -- https://www.haverford.org/arts/the-conservatory/meet-the-instructors

Born in Philadelphia, Valerie Vuolo first began studying the violin at the age of four under her mother, Diana, a former student of Dorothy DeLay of the Juilliard School of Music. Valerie went on to study under Emlyn Ngai (Concertmaster of Philadelphia-based Baroque ensemble Tempesta di Mare) at the Hartt School of Music in Hartford, Connecticut, completing a Bachelor of Music degree in violin performance and graduating with honors in 2007. She has also been coached by Linda Fiore and Teri Einfeldt (Suzuki), Anthea Kreston (Amelia Piano Trio), Anton Miller (soloist), Leonid Sigal (Concertmaster, Hartford Symphony Orchestra), Kathy Meng Robinson and Keith Robinson (Miami String Quartet), and Pamela Frank (soloist) among others.

Valerie has continued pursuing her love and passion for music, diversifying her performance skills to play a wide variety of musical genres. She is active in the Philadelphia music scene, performing regularly with the Avalare String Quartet, a rock string quartet based out of Philadelphia, and the Alfred James Band, a cello-driven acoustic rock band that tours nationally and internationally. Valerie brings her passion for music of all kinds to the classroom, encouraging students to embrace a wide variety of musical styles while teaching them the foundational skills necessary to succeed with their instruments and have a lifetime of musical enjoyment.

https://www.facebook.com/events/442592049179486/

Details

Our pal Val plays violin. Maybe you’ve seen her play a few Old 228 shindigs, rock the stage with Avalare String Quartet, or hit the boards with Alfred James Band… or a hundred other acts, for that matter! We expect a wide variety of musical styles from Classical to Rock, including Bluegrass, Irish/Celtic fiddle, Folk, Jazz, and just about anything else she cares to fill her set with. Buy her a glass and we’ll see about them audience requests!

Edited by Churchhoney
  • Love 16
11 hours ago, floridamom said:

Part of me actually hopes that Jeremy tells his in-laws to mind their own business. Isn't he the headship of HIS OWN house and can do as he sees fit and Godly?

The part about lying doesn't necessarily include giving statements that could be perceived in different ways.

"The Lord has not seen it fit to bless us with children at this moment."

They could be abstaining from children because the Lord doesn't think they are worthy.

The Lord could be deciding that they are infertile

They could just be blaming it on the Lord.

• Love 2
16 minutes ago, PikaScrewChu said:

The part about lying doesn't necessarily include giving statements that could be perceived in different ways.

"The Lord has not seen it fit to bless us with children at this moment."

They could be abstaining from children because the Lord doesn't think they are worthy.

The Lord could be deciding that they are infertile

They could just be blaming it on the Lord.

Whatever the reasons, it’s ultimately THEIR business, and NOT Boob’s.

• Love 12
13 hours ago, floridamom said:

Part of me actually hopes that Jeremy tells his in-laws to mind their own business. Isn't he the headship of HIS OWN house and can do as he sees fit and Godly?

You would think so. However, based on the rumblings from the fundies on Duggar fan sites, it’s Not so.  They all think ‘the girls’ have lost their way. No idea why Jessa and Joy are included in that group. But the pants, the nose stud and the henna and whatever else they might have done mean ‘they have lost their way’ and ‘ are ‘ disrespectful of JB and Michelle’. 

Oh, and ‘ they should all pay their own way like JB did’. Guess they’ve forgotten the charity that was given to the Duggars when the older kids were young. 

• Love 10
17 minutes ago, flyingdi said:

I think we will find out the extent of Jim Bob's waning headship and how it applies to his extended family once one of his daughter in law's begins wearing pants.

That would be interesting to see. Two of his daughters have worn trousers in public by now, but they are supposedly under their husbands' headships and those husbands weren't brought up in a world where women aren't allowed to wear pants, so they wouldn't see anything wrong with it in the first place. I do wonder how much of the Boob/Gothard toxic views on women have affected the male Duggarlings. I guess Joe will be the first litmus test of how much of those beliefs they have retained. Does anyone know if the women in Kendra's family wear trousers?

• Love 4
2 hours ago, mythoughtis said:

You would think so. However, based on the rumblings from the fundies on Duggar fan sites, it’s Not so.  They all think ‘the girls’ have lost their way. No idea why Jessa and Joy are included in that group. But the pants, the nose stud and the henna and whatever else they might have done mean ‘they have lost their way’ and ‘ are ‘ disrespectful of JB and Michelle’. 

Oh, and ‘ they should all pay their own way like JB did’. Guess they’ve forgotten the charity that was given to the Duggars when the older kids were young. 

It's always so interesting to watch when the purists start to eat their own.

giphy.gif

• Love 18
5 hours ago, mythoughtis said:

Which fansites are these? I thought the fans were endlessly loyal.  I have no real knowledge of why they turned on Jessa and Joy if true they've turned, but I would guess it has to do with Jessa's housekeeping and maybe the rumors about Joy? It's stupid to turn on Joy over rumors. 

They have no idea what JimBob and Michelle had paid or not. My guess is with so many kids they probably got quite a bit of help from JB's parents (Mary) or maybe even Michelle's father when he lived with them.

I'm annoyed that they blame the girls for losing the way. It says a lot about their fans they're worried more about the girls turning out too wild than Josh (who freeloaded a lot of stuff during the early years of 19K&C)  or Michelle and JB after Joshgate I. I know they're probably biblical christian patriarchs...

Edited by Temperance
  • Love 4
2 hours ago, Temperance said:

Which fansites are these? I thought the fans were endlessly loyal.  I have no real knowledge of why they turned on Jessa and Joy if true they've turned, but I would guess it has to do with Jessa's housekeeping and maybe the rumors about Joy? It's stupid to turn on Joy over rumors. 

They have no idea what JimBob and Michelle had paid or not. My guess is with so many kids they probably got quite a bit of help from JB's parents (Mary) or maybe even Michelle's father when he lived with them.

I'm annoyed that they blame the girls for losing the way. It says a lot about their fans they're worried more about the girls turning out too wild than Josh (who freeloaded a lot of stuff during the early years of 19K&C)  or Michelle and JB after Joshgate I. I know they're probably biblical christian patriarchs...

It's probably clear(er) when (if) one looks at the complaints, that they blame the girls for "losing their way" because the humpers themselves have reams of investment in making sure that, as you say, Biblical Christian patriarchy triumphs; and they show that the authoritarian way of child rearing indeed results in children who "when they are grown, do not depart from [the ways of their parents]". 

But otherwise, I grant and agree that I don't see why the humpers care what the grown adult children of strangers do in their lives, especially when the breaches are as super mild as the Duggar girls'.  It's probably along the lines of my friend's parents, who once asked that when my friend visit her father's (Lutheran) church, she make sure to cover her Celtic armband tattoo with clothes, so that the "children of the congregation members don't get any ideas that tattoos are endorsed or acceptable". 

My friend was highly entertained by this request, but complied.  She to her parents, with whom she was on good terms:  "Er, you do realize that I'm 40 and this is a newish tattoo they've never seen on me before, right?  Thus I think it's more possible that the children of the congregation will look at me and think that tattoos are closer to desperately uncool things that only 'the olds' get?"

Edited by queenanne
  • Love 8
41 minutes ago, Zahdii said:

The girls are being disrespectful to their parents?  For real?  Where was the respect shown to the girls when their parents forced them to forgive their molester and continue living with him while being told (maybe not in outright words, but definitely in attitude) that they themselves were somewhat complicit in causing their abuse? 

Well, if you believe in the patriarchy then respect only goes one way, doesn't it? I mean, in the patriarchy, if I'm your father and I say I intend to slit your throat as a blood sacrifice to the Lord, you go sit on the altar and unbutton your collar. 

Children don't get respect. They get orders. 

...Also, note that the Dugg parents' lack of respect is working brilliantly, if you like that sort of thing. The big "disrespect" right now is a couple of pairs of slacks, a (possibly stick-on) nose stud, and a henna handpainting that'll wear off in a week. You don't see none of them Duggar kids moving out of the house while unmarried or joining up with the Catholics or the agnostics or drinking beer or trying to get college educations or an independent carees. As far as a diehard patriarchy fan can see, no respect for your children is a uniquely successful parenting technique. 

Edited by Churchhoney
  • Love 18
1 hour ago, Churchhoney said:

Well, if you believe in the patriarchy then respect only goes one way, doesn't it? I mean, in the patriarchy, if I'm your father and I say I intend to slit your throat as a blood sacrifice to the Lord, you go sit on the altar and unbutton your collar. 

Children don't get respect. They get orders. 

...Also, note that the Dugg parents' lack of respect is working brilliantly, if you like that sort of thing. The big "disrespect" right now is a couple of pairs of slacks, a (possibly stick-on) nose stud, and a henna handpainting that'll wear off in a week. You don't see none of them Duggar kids moving out of the house while unmarried or joining up with the Catholics or the agnostics or drinking beer or trying to get college educations or an independent carees. As far as a diehard patriarchy fan can see, no respect for your children is a uniquely successful parenting technique. 

@Churchhoney It's going to have to eventually change. The married girls and Josh all received some money from the show, and if Counting On is renewed, there will be more. The younger ones don't have that luxury. So as the years go by, these uneducated, unmotivated kids (mostly boys) will have no source of income. It seems that none them has the initiative or inquisitiveness  to leave, and if they eventually marry will  have to depend on JB to throw them a crumb in the way of a menial job. They will be tethered to him for life. The younger girls only hope is to marry someone who has a job since they have few skills as well. If things don't change, the next generation will be as poor or worse than their parents who were living on love gifts from their church before TLC came along.

• Love 11