Type keyword(s) to search

The Duggalos: Jinger and the Holy Goalie

Message added by cm-soupsipper,

Closure Notice: This Thread is now closed due to the name (and much of the posting within it). Please be mindful going forward by naming topics in a way that invites a healthy community conversation. If you name something for a cheap laugh, this thread may be closed later because it encourages discrimination and harm. 

• Start Topic

1 hour ago, Natalie68 said:

I keep seeing this and ALL I want to do is go home to my giant tub of Jingle Jangle.  If you have not been introduced to Jingle Jangle you need to check it out.  It is at Trader Joes.  Sinful.

I am hoping they have 2 bathrooms at their house.  It would be more efficient since I am assuming he spends as much time on his countenance as she does.

This confused the hell out of me at first. We don't have Trader Joes in Australia, but we do get Riverdale, in which Jingle Jangle is the new drug the gangs are dealing. Heh.

At least these two seem to take some pride in their appearance. Although I guess as a preaching family with an actual church (regardless how half-assed that preaching may be), they do need to look respectable for their congregation.

• Love 2
12 minutes ago, kalamac said:

This confused the hell out of me at first. We don't have Trader Joes in Australia, but we do get Riverdale, in which Jingle Jangle is the new drug the gangs are dealing. Heh.

At least these two seem to take some pride in their appearance. Although I guess as a preaching family with an actual church (regardless how half-assed that preaching may be), they do need to look respectable for their congregation.

Having just tried Jingle Jangle I would classify it as a drug!  Bits of oreo type cookies (Joes O's), pretzels, and all sorts of other jazz covered in chocolate.  

• Love 2
14 minutes ago, DangerousMinds said:

If Jeremy wanted to move closer to her parents or wanted a baby right away, IMO Jinger would do it. She's not responsible for any of "their" decisions.

ITA. 

Does Babe do anything at the church he is supposedly leading?  By the pictures he posts, he seems to be MIA.  I would think with Xmas coming up he'd be more involved & trying to attract new members. 

• Love 6
6 hours ago, Natalie68 said:

I never ask.  I figure if there is news I will be told.

This has always been my policy toward others, and in responding to nosy questions about my fertility. “If I have news to share, you’ll be the first to know!” (Not).  It’s awful to hound people. You just never know what they’re going through. 

• Love 17
7 hours ago, Natalie68 said:

It is pressure when you don't want to hear it.  At Xmas one year between my Mormon grandmother and my mom hounding us I finally blew (the champagne may have helped) and told everyone to clear the table, Mr. Natalie and I were going to get right at it.  After it came out of my mouth I was really embarrassed but it certainly stopped the questions.  I never ask.  I figure if there is news I will be told.

Hahaha! I had to go back over this a few times before it finally registered that what I thought I read was actually what you wrote! LOL

• Love 10

I still say Jinger does not strike me as a follower.  I've looked and I just don't see it. In a world of-Lead, follow or get out of the way, Jinger is definitely the third!

Anyone can say they are meek,  Michelle probably thinks she is and I still believe she's the driving force of this crazy train!

I will never believe Michelle is the meek, submissive victim of her husband.

• Love 7
2 hours ago, flyingdi said:

I still say Jinger does not strike me as a follower.  I've looked and I just don't see it. In a world of-Lead, follow or get out of the way, Jinger is definitely the third!

Anyone can say they are meek,  Michelle probably thinks she is and I still believe she's the driving force of this crazy train!

I will never believe Michelle is the meek, submissive victim of her husband.

She couldn't even pretend assertiveness in a fake car sale.

• Love 8

In response to Natalie68's post about Jingle Jangle:

I must run to Trader Joe's and buy me some Jingle Jangle.  It even comes as an ice cream flavor!!!!!!

You can purchase Jingle Jangle on Amazon (expensive, though) if there is no Trader Joe's near you.

I promise to bring some to the Prayer Closet.  I'll bring enough for everyone?

• Love 3
On 12/11/2017 at 5:43 PM, leighdear said:

How do you know this? 

I don't understand what shows you watch or photos you see that show Jinger being a subservient child being led by her husband and unable to act like an adult.  

Because he once referred to her as "meek"?  That is such a stretch.  

I agree with this and your other posts. Nobody knows if Jeremy is making Jinger do these things or if she chooses to do them. It seems like every time she's shown happy, it's not really happiness-it's Jeremy being controlling etc etc.  I haven't watched the shows in a long time so maybe Jeremy was shown being a controlling asshole with no redeeming qualities.  I'm just happy that Jinger is happy, period. I don't like to search for negative things or make up my own if I find none.  This thread is really sad to me sometimes because it's just so negative about everything these two do. 

Edited by Maharincess
  • Love 18
1 hour ago, flyingdi said:

Or else the fake car sale wasn't something even Jinger was interested in.

But why fake the, "Oh, I'm just so nervous and need my brothers to help me with this" nonsense? In a story line that was supposed to be all how Jinger was independent and had her own thing going on, no less?  All the Duggars have had to fake interest in various things for the show. That's not how it looks like with Jinger. She typically goes dead eyes and robotic voice when she's acting. 

• Love 3
13 minutes ago, lascuba said:

But why fake the, "Oh, I'm just so nervous and need my brothers to help me with this" nonsense? In a story line that was supposed to be all how Jinger was independent and had her own thing going on, no less?  All the Duggars have had to fake interest in various things for the show. That's not how it looks like with Jinger. She typically goes dead eyes and robotic voice when she's acting. 

Well I don't know know that not being meek automatically means you're assertive.  I believe you can be both not meek and not assertive.  I don't believe Jinger is a follower but I also don't believe she is a leader either.  It is possible to be neither.  I am.

These are just my opinions, however.  I have no real idea what the Duggars are like.

• Love 8

IMO, that episode was really scripted to give the "boys" and Jinger some sort of plot. That's all.

Jinger was identified as a follower by Jessa. Hopefully, Jeremy allows her some scenarios to lead in their relationship beyond cooking, cleaning, and shopping. If Jeremy comes out and says, "Jinger dressed me!" I'd cheer loudly. Until then, it's not known how much she has or hasn't grown. 

• Love 3
47 minutes ago, flyingdi said:

Well I don't know know that not being meek automatically means you're assertive.  I believe you can be both not meek and not assertive.  I don't believe Jinger is a follower but I also don't believe she is a leader either.  It is possible to be neither.  I am.

These are just my opinions, however.  I have no real idea what the Duggars are like.

Yeah, I don't find her especially meek, I just don't think she's any kind of strong, kick ass woman. The vibe I get from her so far is a spunky personality who likes to give the impression that she has no opinions (still side-eyeing her over letting Jeremy think all the redecorating was Jessa's ideas) who turns stupid with men. A former friend was like that...just utterly stupid when in love. It was the most annoying thing to witness. Woman up and express an opinion, damn it!

• Love 4

I don't think Jeremy is controlling Jinger in an abusive way, just to clarify.  I think jeremy is the head of the household and Jinger basically follows his suggestions, ideas and opinions.  

Jinger has limited life skills and jeremy enjoys having that 'teacher" relationship with Jinger.  He enjoys being her  hero.  She enjoys having a hero. 

Jinger will probably just live a quiet life with Jeremy.  They have a house, have some children in a few years, drive a mini van etc. Nothing outrageous in either good or bad.  I'm sure they will move if jeremy ever gets the big preaching break that he is hoping for.

Personally, from what we have seen of Jeremy on TV and social media, I find him super annoying.  Not a fan of his sermons either. 

• Love 17
20 hours ago, marypat57 said:

In response to Natalie68's post about Jingle Jangle:

I must run to Trader Joe's and buy me some Jingle Jangle.  It even comes as an ice cream flavor!!!!!!

You can purchase Jingle Jangle on Amazon (expensive, though) if there is no Trader Joe's near you.

I promise to bring some to the Prayer Closet.  I'll bring enough for everyone?

There is an ice cream flavor??????  Must look for it...

• Love 1
15 minutes ago, Fostersmom said:

Someone tell me, what the hell is Jingle Jangle? 

Dark chocolate covered caramel popcorn, milk & dark chocolate covered pretzels, milk & dark chocolate mini peanut butter cups, dark chocolate enrobed chocolate vanilla joe joe's cookies & milk chocolate candies (like M&M's). 

It is what they serve in heaven. 

• Love 8
2 hours ago, UniqueHandle said:

Dark chocolate covered caramel popcorn, milk & dark chocolate covered pretzels, milk & dark chocolate mini peanut butter cups, dark chocolate enrobed chocolate vanilla joe joe's cookies & milk chocolate candies (like M&M's). 

BLERGH. I'm sorry but that sounds disgusting to me. 

• Love 5
1 hour ago, Fostersmom said:

Okay, I never go out of my way to go to Trader Joe's, it's not super local, but that might make the trip worth it. 

Some people don't think it's worth the $9 price tag.

So couldn't you just buy individual packages of those things & dump them in a bowl yourself?  I don't like popcorn, so I'd leave that out, but the other stuff just sounds like ordinary chocolate snack stuff you can find anywhere.  Am I missing something?  

• Love 4
6 hours ago, UniqueHandle said:

I’m thinking my first trip to Traders Joe is in my future. 

• Love 1

Sounds about right to me...It's something that, I guess if I had a tub of it sitting around the house I'd probably manage to down more than I would strictly need to, but since it's not the kind of thing I'd ever particularly crave or go out of my way to buy, I'm just as happy without.

• Love 3

I’m not sure how much of it I actually would want to eat,  but since Christmas is coming, I do have people on my shopping list who would dig it.  It does look like something great for PMS.

However, I’m thrilled that I’ve lost so much weight, and I’m positively swimming in a lot of my garments. My thing will be to go through my closet and do a purge of my too big for me clothes. I want to donate them or give them away to prevent me from “growing into them”. Chemo is not a great way to lose weight, but being a 10-12 is much more fun than being a 14-16 for my joints.

• Love 18
On ‎12‎/‎13‎/‎2017 at 7:19 PM, Sew Sumi said:

IMO, that episode was really scripted to give the "boys" and Jinger some sort of plot. That's all.

I agree. And, it included as many family members as they could get in, so Jboob could get paid more.

• Love 5

I can’t see the pics on my phone and iPad. Actually when there are pictures it makes a long beige area and I can’t see anything else. Has anyone experienced this? Baby Jesus is punishing me.

• Love 8
20 minutes ago, SMama said:

I went to their IG. Are those really their wedding cake toppers? I’m not that knowledgeable about their wedding.

Yes, Jinger tagged Jeremy's friend who made them.

Screenshot_20171215-162153-581x760.jpg.d303fb743522d64bbb5b9350eb45450c.jpg

• Love 1
58 minutes ago, SMama said:

I can’t see the pics on my phone and iPad. Actually when there are pictures it makes a long beige area and I can’t see anything else. Has anyone experienced this? Baby Jesus is punishing me.

He's punishing me too, because I can't see them either.  But I probably deserve it.  ;-)

• Love 9