Type keyword(s) to search

The Duggalos: Jinger and the Holy Goalie

Message added by cm-soupsipper,

Closure Notice: This Thread is now closed due to the name (and much of the posting within it). Please be mindful going forward by naming topics in a way that invites a healthy community conversation. If you name something for a cheap laugh, this thread may be closed later because it encourages discrimination and harm. 

• Start Topic

On 11/14/2017 at 7:35 PM, Zahdii said:

When I was growing up we had "I don't know", an invisible sibling that always got into stuff.  The rest of us were little angles who never did anything wrong, but "I don't know" got into the cookies, left toys all over the floor, left the door open in the dead of winter, etc.  I wonder what happened to that kid.

We actually named ours. ‘Must have been Amy Katherine.’  It tended to puzzle our visitors. 

• Love 9

Well guys, you had me all confused with the picture of Jinger & the newspaper.   

I thought #loveyourmelon was Jeremy posting about Jinger's boobs and getting funkalicious on social media!!!! I was strangely excited by this too! 

Sadly, it was not that at all.  Just Jeremy being a product placement whore with a fucking hat.   

• Love 10
1 hour ago, Marigold said:

Well guys, you had me all confused with the picture of Jinger & the newspaper.   

I thought #loveyourmelon was Jeremy posting about Jinger's boobs and getting funkalicious on social media!!!! I was strangely excited by this too! 

Sadly, it was not that at all.  Just Jeremy being a product placement whore with a fucking hat.   

Too funny. If it were about JIngers boobs it would say melons. I went to the LYM web site and it is admirable that they give 50% of their profits to pediatric cancer, but the name is strange. You can bet wearing that hat will cause you to get a lot of unwanted comments, maybe even stares at your melons. I'll pass on the hat and send a check to St. Judes.

• Love 2

I didn't for a minute connect the term "melon" to anything but referring to her head.  Because of her hat.  And the patch on the hat that very obviously has Love Your Melon on it.  And because I had heard of the company, and she was wearing the hat with the BIG Love Your Melon patch, my brain automatically did the "Melon = Head" thing.  Not a stretch, really.  

I heard the term melon used for a head  long before I ever head it refer to breasts.  Not at all something I think Jeremy would do.  And I don't automatically think her wearing the hat is due to Jeremy.  She likes hats, we KNOW that for a fact.  I think the hat is all Jinger. 

Edited by leighdear
  • Love 7
2 hours ago, leighdear said:

I didn't for a minute connect the term "melon" to anything but referring to her head.  Because of her hat.  And the patch on the hat that very obviously has Love Your Melon on it.  And because I had heard of the company, and she was wearing the hat with the BIG Love Your Melon patch, my brain automatically did the "Melon = Head" thing.  Not a stretch, really.  

I heard the term melon used for a head  long before I ever head it refer to breasts.  Not at all something I think Jeremy would do.  And I don't automatically think her wearing the hat is due to Jeremy.  She likes hats, we KNOW that for a fact.  I think the hat is all Jinger. 

This is a local company started by a college kid about five years ago. A (young) coworker has modeled for some of their shoots, getting laid in gear. 

Just now, Catfin said:

This is a local company started by a college kid about five years ago. A (young) coworker has modeled for some of their shoots, getting laid in gear. 

Errr...paid. She gets PAID in gear, although one of the founders did, uh, offer his services.  

• Love 16
22 hours ago, leighdear said:

Well, I guess my mind is in the gutter. Of course I had heard the term melon head,but had never heard of this company., @Marigold took me to the dark side, and I immediately thought of boobs as well. I hang my head in shame, but still think the LYM logo is strange. Mea culpa.

• Love 1
23 hours ago, leighdear said:

She likes hats, we KNOW that for a fact.  I think the hat is all Jinger. 

I think Jinger likes to wear knit caps even in warm climates.  Is that hat all Jinger?  I think Babe instructed her on which one to wear to get the most millage out of his photos shoot.  Babe, put down the camera, it's time to attend to your flock.

Edited by ariel
  • Love 4
23 hours ago, leighdear said:

I heard the term melon used for a head  long before I ever head it refer to breasts.  

Maybe that's a regional thing.  Where I live breast are sometimes referred to as melons.  Testicles sometimes referrer to as nuts.

Edited by ariel
  • Love 3

I've never heard of Cornhole, and how many tailgates has Jeremy attended? Maybe some at Syracuse, but aren't football and soccer seasons concurrent? I can't imagine that Jinger has ever attended a tailgate. She's never even pretended to like sports (looking at you, Jessa).

Edited by Sew Sumi
  • Love 1

Jinger did go to that one Razorbacks game one time. I thiiiiiink it was with Joe? I just remember they were distracting from something, posting pics that weren't taken the day of a game. I think it was to throw off people from guessing jinger's wedding day!

1 hour ago, McManda said:

Looks like cornhole, to me. It's a pretty common tailgating game around the college football crowd, at least around my area.

New England-bred dh snickered when he first heard the name Cornhole when we moved to the Midwest. Apparently cornhole has a whoooooole different meaning in New England (corn cobs used to be used for something very different!).

• Love 15
1 hour ago, Sew Sumi said:

Yeah, it's probably regional. It just looked like Jeremy was holding beanbags, and there was a hole, as if someone was tossing from the other end. My bad. 

Yeah, very common in the Chicagoland area. You described it perfectly, that's all there is to it. In my family it's usually a beer-fueled "sport".

• Love 7

It's pretty common down here in Florida, at any big gathering, picnic or camping trip. 

So unless people classify Illinois and Florida in the same geographic area, it's just a game you either know or you don't.  And I saw it a LOT when I lived in Texas, too.  

They're obviously spending time in a place with lots of games if Jinger is posing with a giant Jenga game.  Typical young couple stuff.  

• Love 7
2 hours ago, Sew Sumi said:

Yeah, it's probably regional. It just looked like Jeremy was holding beanbags, and there was a hole, as if someone was tossing from the other end. My bad. 

Yup - that is the kind of cornhole we are talking about ?

• Love 2
4 hours ago, Lunera said:

She looks really pretty. I like her Fall outfit even though it's 70 degrees in Laredo.

She looks adorbs, and totally not pregnant! Whoever commented on her skin earlier was right on target. It looks much clearer than it did before she married. 

I think whether 70° is hot is extremely contextual, LOL.  Where I live now, it is considered a balmy summer day worthy of tank tops and shorts. When I lived in California, I would wear a coat when I went out at 70°. Maybe she is just getting used to the warmer Texas weather. 

• Love 3
2 hours ago, Lunera said:

Another Ad

Babe seems to fancy himself quite the literary lion.  Sadly the truth for him is that he's not.  

I wonder if he's getting a commission shilling these books?

Edited by ariel
  • Love 8
1 hour ago, MsJamieDornan said:

They love it here in Wisconsin. They have leagues !

What is it? Is the point to throw the beanbags into the hole? We have a game like that people play here but it’s called a beanbag toss. I’ve never heard it called a cornhole.

• Love 2
10 hours ago, McManda said:

Looks like cornhole, to me. It's a pretty common tailgating game around the college football crowd, at least around my area.

I've never played corn hole, but it's pretty common up here in Cleveland too. You can drive past random yards and see boards in the yard during the outdoor months and a lot of bars have corn hole now along with pool. My mom's neighbor has had the boards in his yard for a couple of years now. Good on them for doing something so normal. 

• Love 4
3 hours ago, Fostersmom said:

Good on them for doing something so normal. 

Until Jeremy finds out what the more vulgar connotation of cornhole means! You thought the anti masturbation sermon was bad, wait until you hear the sermon on use of an alternative route.

• Love 8
5 hours ago, mynextmistake said:

What is it? Is the point to throw the beanbags into the hole? We have a game like that people play here but it’s called a beanbag toss. I’ve never heard it called a cornhole.

Probably the same game. It's got many names. 

It's basically the Midwest version of horseshoes. We had corn, they had horses. Throw something and get points based on how close to another object it gets.

Also a slightly less popular game: Ladderball.

• Love 6
10 hours ago, Arwen Evenstar said:

I am The Great Cornholio.  Get me TP for my bunghole.  Bungholio!

Can't stop laughing. I loved Beavis and Butthead and my friends/family couldn't believe I watched it. Thanks for posting. Back on topic, the above referenced game is called cornhole in my area and I chuckle every time I hear it.

• Love 8
11 minutes ago, flyingdi said:

It looks like maybe they are at some sort of festival.  A fall church fest might have these sorts of games.

Wouldn't it be nice to see them set up games like this at THEIR home church? I mean how much money would you have to spend on home made Jenga and corn-hole? Even I could make those.

• Love 7
1 hour ago, ChiCricket said:

Wouldn't it be nice to see them set up games like this at THEIR home church? I mean how much money would you have to spend on home made Jenga and corn-hole? Even I could make those.

Yeah, but then they might have to do the work. And take responsibility and stuff. This way, they can just be tourists, enjoying the fun that other people prepared for them.  It's the Duggar way. You know, with the servants' hearts and all. 

Edited by Churchhoney
  • Love 12
19 hours ago, leighdear said:

They're obviously spending time in a place with lots of games if Jinger is posing with a giant Jenga game.  Typical young couple stuff.  

A couple of bars and bar-restaurants that are geared towards people in their mid-20s to early-30s have little patios where they have Giant Jenga and cornhole and stuff.  Some of the places serve lunch so you can go there during the day. I know nothing of Laredo, but it looks like this could be an establishment like that where Jinger and Jeremy took these pics. 

I hope it was a bar and I hope Jinger had a drink, because JimBob.

• Love 18