Type keyword(s) to search

The Duggalos: Jinger and the Holy Goalie

Message added by cm-soupsipper,

Closure Notice: This Thread is now closed due to the name (and much of the posting within it). Please be mindful going forward by naming topics in a way that invites a healthy community conversation. If you name something for a cheap laugh, this thread may be closed later because it encourages discrimination and harm. 

• Start Topic

5 hours ago, lascuba said:

She said, "But where would I put them?" Which her mother and sisters thought was just the most awful thing to say to a man being so "romantic."

If anything, I think Jana makes a better precher's wife--well, really, my idea of a preacher's wife, because everything I know about them I learned via fiction--than Jinger. Jinger just seems so childish to me. I can't imagine her in any sort of leadership role. Of course, Jeremy doesn't want to be preacher so much as he wants some way to be famous via worshipful followers.

Honestly, that was the moment that Jessa became my favorite Duggar, because fuck that one-size-fits-all "romanticism" that Ben was peddling.

This and Jesssa telling her mom, "Ben said I love you!"

Michelle-"What did you say?"

Jessa-"I said Thank you."

Michelle-"Oh, Jessa!"

I loved that whole conversation.  Ben is more easily emotional than Jessa, and for now, I think that fascinates her.

• Love 12
18 hours ago, xwordfanatik said:

Believe me, I get that!  When I was in grade school, my mother made me keep my hair short, and I did hate it.  Anyone here remember Pixie Haircuts?  Ugh.

When I was finally in junior high school, I got to let it grow.  And grow, it did, right up until my late 20's.  I got my waist length hair cut to shoulder length, and thus it's been ever since!  I swear I'll never go back to short hair, just because I think medium length works for me, even though now I'm old.  It's curly, and I love that too, but didn't always!  Jinjer is young and cute, no matter what she does hair-wise and fashion-wise.  Her hero worship of Jeremeeeee is a bit off-putting, but like I've said before, she is probably so ever grateful to get away from Boob and Ma Kettle, I can't blame her at all.  Go Jinjer, even if you never cut that hair.

Ah Pixie haircuts!  My dad thought everyone, male and female, should have short hair.  As in a trim every 6 weeks short.  I think he had a phobia about the "dirty dead stuff growing out of people's heads.". I think he would run screaming from the Duggar household!

• Love 3

I had the dreaded pixie hair cut every summer beginning in 1964-1969.  We also got one pair of white sandals and one pair of PF Flyer sneakers for the summer on the last day of school I hated that short haircut and it made me look worse than I looked already. Once I was 12, I let my hair grow half way down my back.

• Love 7
1 hour ago, floridamom said:

I had the dreaded pixie hair cut every summer beginning in 1964-1969.  We also got one pair of white sandals and one pair of PF Flyer sneakers for the summer on the last day of school I hated that short haircut and it made me look worse than I looked already. Once I was 12, I let my hair grow half way down my back.

We must be twins.  I had the same crappy experiences at the same time.  The only difference was that I was 13 when my parents allowed me to grow my hair long.

Edited by ariel
  • Love 2

ariel: I grew up at that time in Booklyn, NY, then moved to Ft. Lauderdale, FL...I didn't care that it was hot with my longer hair...I wanted to look like Marcia Brady and the other non-Italian girls in school that were in my class. I never achieved that, sadly.

On 11/1/2017 at 5:27 AM, lascuba said:

If anything, I think Jana makes a better precher's wife--well, really, my idea of a preacher's wife, because everything I know about them I learned via fiction--than Jinger. Jinger just seems so childish to me. I can't imagine her in any sort of leadership role.

I think Jinger is in a much better position to be a preacher's wife than Jana. Jeremy's congregation will make allowances for her immaturity, lack of social skills, and even her lack of basic knowledge from being horribly homeschooled because of her age. The fact that she looks even younger than she really is, is going to give her even more grace. If Jeremy had married Jana, she would be expected to be a preacher's wife from day 1 because she's older, yet her social skills and basic knowledge is just as lacking as Jinger's skills.

• Love 11
3 hours ago, Nysha said:

I think Jinger is in a much better position to be a preacher's wife than Jana. Jeremy's congregation will make allowances for her immaturity, lack of social skills, and even her lack of basic knowledge from being horribly homeschooled because of her age. The fact that she looks even younger than she really is, is going to give her even more grace. If Jeremy had married Jana, she would be expected to be a preacher's wife from day 1 because she's older, yet her social skills and basic knowledge is just as lacking as Jinger's skills.

I don't think the average person in Jeremy's congregation would have the first clue about how horrible her upbringing and education were. It's unlikely many of them watched the show and Jinger and Jeremy certainly aren't going to inform people that she has no education, assuming Jinger even knows how uneducated she is.  To them, she's just a bizarrely childish adult married to a man who looks and acts a hell of a lot older. Weird and eccentric at best, super creepy at worst. 

• Love 5
3 hours ago, Nysha said:

My sister is married to a preacher (2nd preacher) of a huge mega church.  He is also an author and travels all over the world giving talks based on his books.

My sister has never had to work a single day of her life.  She has a bachelor's degree and she did homeschool her 3 kids til high school.  They live in a 4,ooo sf house that cost over a million (in Houston where homes cost way less than Seattle).

My sister married at age 20 and is extremely immature, even now.  She has never had to do much at all as a pastor's wife since the church has a huge staff.

• Love 8
On 11/1/2017 at 0:45 PM, Sew Sumi said:

Jessa only seems sentimental when it comes to her kids.

I'm not even sure about that. I think everything we see is a show for the cameras (TLC and Instagram posts).

Oops! This is the Babes' thread. Did we know that? I like Jinge's heeled boots. She needs to cut her hair, but most 20-somethings have length just like hers....can't see her cutting it like her MIL's.

• Love 4
11 minutes ago, Marigold said:

I wonder if JereME is compensating something with his Big Books?  ;)

Unlike a more "worldly woman"  poor Jinger wouldn't know.  Maybe that's why he chose her. 

• Love 4
2 minutes ago, ariel said:

Unlike a more "worldly woman"  poor Jinger wouldn't know.  Maybe that's why he chose her. 

Oh yes!  JereMe likes Jinger very innocent and childlike. 

He does encourage her but I think he gets off on being her teacher . He loves being the "big man" with the "big books"  and showing Jinger the world! 

• Love 7
1 minute ago, Marigold said:

Oh yes!  JereMe likes Jinger very innocent and childlike. 

He does encourage her but I think he gets off on being her teacher . He loves being the "big man" with the "big books"  and showing Jinger the world! 

True. But isn’t that exactly what some of us wished would happen....a young(ish) man would come and sweep Jinger off her feet, take her away from the Duggar compound, and show her the world? If he enjoys that, even better.

• Love 24

Jeremy just seems to insincere about it.  He does it because he gets off on it.

I hope everyone finds a partner who loves them and shows them new and fun aspects of life! No problem there.

Jeremy?  I think he loooves being the master .  He enjoys that teacher-student relationship (not the underage kind, just to clarify!).   I guess it is better than some of the other creeps they could've gotten stuck with but it just seems like Jeremy is a tour guide.  I wanted Jinger to develop as a woman...not be dependent on a man and be so grateful to him all the time.  Michelle knows her daughter...she is a follower and I suspect that whatever jeremy likes, she will gladly do. 

Plus, Jeremy is a try hard, another annoying thing about him.

• Love 17

Perhaps the 'meek' wife, Jinger, is great now, but after some years, I think it will weigh on Jeremy to have a child-wife who can't handle anything by herself. Jer will age and he'll tire of having to 'figure everything out' himself for the two of them in the future.  It happened to me...I had a child-like husband who left everything up to me. I felt the weight of that more and more every year that I was aging. Hence, I have a pro-active husband now who is a grown up himself and can handle it for me and/or with me.

• Love 12
4 hours ago, floridamom said:

Perhaps the 'meek' wife, Jinger, is great now, but after some years, I think it will weigh on Jeremy to have a child-wife who can't handle anything by herself. Jer will age and he'll tire of having to 'figure everything out' himself for the two of them in the future.  It happened to me...I had a child-like husband who left everything up to me. I felt the weight of that more and more every year that I was aging. Hence, I have a pro-active husband now who is a grown up himself and can handle it for me and/or with me.

I'm hoping that Jingle eventually rises to the challenge of emerging from childhood and clingerdom. It's hard for me to believe that none of the Duggarlings has any true grit in them. Or at least I really don't want to believe it. 

• Love 15

One thing about Jinger is I don't think she's helpless like Jill nor do I think she's afraid to cut the cord like Jessa. Even though I'm on the fence about Jeremy, I can't help but acknowledge Jinger looks happy and confident in every picture I've seen of her since getting married. She comes home for weddings and such, but she doesn't seem desperate for her family the way Jill did in Danger America. Like the rest of you, I'm a bit skeeved out by the master/puppet dynamic, but I think Jinger is arguably better off now than she would be if she was still marinating at the TTH with Jana.

• Love 18
1 hour ago, BitterApple said:

One thing about Jinger is I don't think she's helpless like Jill nor do I think she's afraid to cut the cord like Jessa. Even though I'm on the fence about Jeremy, I can't help but acknowledge Jinger looks happy and confident in every picture I've seen of her since getting married. She comes home for weddings and such, but she doesn't seem desperate for her family the way Jill did in Danger America. Like the rest of you, I'm a bit skeeved out by the master/puppet dynamic, but I think Jinger is arguably better off now than she would be if she was still marinating at the TTH with Jana.

I agree.

Of course, I think that, in the long run, it will be better for Jill to have been married and gone through what she has than it would be for her to have stayed at the TTH. They have to see something different in order to have the slightest chance to get out their stupors, it seems. And being JB and M's perpetual slaves won't do that for anybody. 

I personally don't think Jingle misses her family and her home one tiny bit. And rightly so, in my opinion. 

And I can't stand Jeremy. But is he way better for Jingle than her parents, especially because he lives elsewhere? Absolutely. 

JB and M are highly toxic to everybody who gets near them, as far as I can see. 

• Love 19
12 hours ago, floridamom said:

Perhaps the 'meek' wife, Jinger, is great now, but after some years, I think it will weigh on Jeremy to have a child-wife who can't handle anything by herself.

Not to defend any of them, since I think they're all nuts, but I get the feeling that all the Duggs use the word "meek" to mean more like "humble". "Meek" is an easier spelling word at  the SOTDRT.

• Love 11
22 hours ago, Love2dance said:

True. But isn’t that exactly what some of us wished would happen....a young(ish) man would come and sweep Jinger off her feet, take her away from the Duggar compound, and show her the world? If he enjoys that, even better.

For some, the very notion that Jinger and Jeremy might actually be happy is sacrilegious, so, perish the thought. 

Edited by Adeejay
  • Love 13
8 hours ago, drafan said:

Not to defend any of them, since I think they're all nuts, but I get the feeling that all the Duggs use the word "meek" to mean more like "humble". "Meek" is an easier spelling word at  the SOTDRT.

I think they use meek to mean "meek" or "humble" or "sweet" or "kind" or "polite" or "neat" or "cool" or "nice" or "great" or "good" etc.  It's a catchphrase they use to describe things they like.  Informal slang. 

Edited by Temperance
  • Love 5
4 hours ago, Temperance said:

I think they use meek to mean "meek" or "humble" or "sweet" or "kind" or "polite" or "neat" or "cool" or "nice" or "great" or "good" etc.  It's a catchphrase they use to describe things they like.  Informal slang. 

I'm guessing meek is on the approved Fundy vocabulary list. Josie must have finally reached the Ms on the list, because meek appears to be trending with them now.

• Love 5
12 hours ago, DangerousMinds said:

And yet none of them are humble.

Well, they are in the Uriah Heep sense.  ;  ) 

Man, these deep-fried Twinkies are meek! 

This is the meekest big fat book about Calvinism that I've ever photographed and not read! 

Edited by Churchhoney
  • Love 7
31 minutes ago, Valerie said:

A year without Jinger getting knocked up – they get a big gold star for that.

Of course, just because it's not been announced doesn't mean she actually made it to a year. But, in any event, even if she were to be pregnant they have still had a nice year to get to know each other and at least 8 months or so to go before a hypothetical baby comes along. 

• Love 9

Yeah, I'm not going to congratulate her for a year without pregnancy until she's still visibly not pregnant in January or February. But I will give her a hearty congratulations for being the first Duggar sister/ sister-in-law to make it so long without reproducing. Go Jinger!

• Love 7
5 minutes ago, Sew Sumi said:

I'm surprised that there has been radio silence on all the Duggars' SM accounts. 

I wouldn't be surprised if this was deliberate, a passive-aggressive way to "punish" Jinger and Jeremy for moving so far out from under Jim Bob and Michelle's umbrella. They must feel threatened by Jinger's newfound "independence" and Jeremy's influence over her. Despite all the talk about leaving and cleaving, the Duggars are used to sons-in-law who knuckle under and kowtow to them. The idea that the Vuolos could put off immediately having a baby, possibly by using birth control (gasp!), must be giving them fits. And the Seewalds and Dillards must resent the fact that Jeremy and Jinger can flout Mama and Daddy's authority, live their own lives and do exactly as they please while STILL appearing on Counting On and collecting TLC paychecks. 

• Love 9
36 minutes ago, Albanyguy said:

I wouldn't be surprised if this was deliberate, a passive-aggressive way to "punish" Jinger and Jeremy for moving so far out from under Jim Bob and Michelle's umbrella. They must feel threatened by Jinger's newfound "independence" and Jeremy's influence over her. Despite all the talk about leaving and cleaving, the Duggars are used to sons-in-law who knuckle under and kowtow to them. The idea that the Vuolos could put off immediately having a baby, possibly by using birth control (gasp!), must be giving them fits. And the Seewalds and Dillards must resent the fact that Jeremy and Jinger can flout Mama and Daddy's authority, live their own lives and do exactly as they please while STILL appearing on Counting On and collecting TLC paychecks. 

That's something I think about a lot, the fact that the Duggar kids have a hell of a lot of power over their parents. Because there's no reason that every one of them couldn't do whatever they wanted in terms of who to marry, what job--and whether to even have one--to have, and how soon  and how many kids to have. JB isn't going to disown his children over something that's perfectly normal to the vast majority of people--he can't risk what that type of publicity would do to his brand. All any of the kids would have to do is threaten him with exposure if he, say, refuses to let one of them marry who they want. While I don't think Jinger has done that, I think JB is very aware of this fact, so when emotional manipulation doesn't work, there's nothing else he can do. He can be passive aggressive and encourage his other kids to do the same, but he can't forbid contact. 

It speak volumes about just how emotionally damaged and/or how deep is their religious fanaticism that more of the kids haven't openly flouted JB and Michelle's edicts. 

• Love 9
57 minutes ago, Albanyguy said:

There are so many events. Did they post anything for Jessa's birthday or was that just Jessa (a tribute to Michelle) and Jinger?

• Love 1

Nah, I think Jeremy has broken Jinger of Duggar-speak, to a certain extent. And I would hope a college grad like Jer would know to use ARE with a compound subject (but maybe I'm giving him too much credit).

Bringing my hypothetical over from the Joy thread, if the Duggar parents knew for sure that a) Joy was pregnant before marriage, and b) Jinger was using birth control, who do you think they'd be more upset with? (I sadly think I know the answer...)

• Love 4
21 minutes ago, Temperance said:

There are so many events. Did they post anything for Jessa's birthday or was that just Jessa (a tribute to Michelle) and Jinger?

Yes, DFO posted a birthday tribute for Jessa, naming her three times in the space of one paragraph. Totally written by Mechelle; it was a painful read.

• Love 4
5 minutes ago, Sew Sumi said:

Yes, DFO posted a birthday tribute for Jessa, naming her three times in the space of one paragraph. Totally written by Mechelle; it was a painful read.

And Jessa is spunky, and eloquent !!

17 minutes ago, Sew Sumi said:

I don't read DFO so I didn't see it.

I don't read it either. I just went there to check for a JinJer tribute post and saw the Jessa one.

eta: Just checked again, and they have a Spurgeon post up, but still nothing about JinJer.

Edited by Sew Sumi