Type keyword(s) to search

The Duggalos: Jinger and the Holy Goalie

Message added by cm-soupsipper,

Closure Notice: This Thread is now closed due to the name (and much of the posting within it). Please be mindful going forward by naming topics in a way that invites a healthy community conversation. If you name something for a cheap laugh, this thread may be closed later because it encourages discrimination and harm. 

• Start Topic

20 hours ago, bigskygirl said:

but I have a better chance of training Sassy to be a hit cat for the CIA.

Don't keep Sassy down!!!  She can be whatever she wants!!  I have two fuzzy kids who would also be good candidates for CIA hit-cat training!!

• Love 15
37 minutes ago, Lunera said:

So, is Jinger allowed to listen to real music now or did Jeremy write this post for her?

high key, i would die for those boots! They're adorable, and I need a pair of heeled boots like that. (I cant believe i just typed that.)

• Love 4
11 hours ago, mynextmistake said:

Radar online is claiming Jinger is pregnant because a) she posted a picture in which her stomach looked "bumpy" (it didn't), b) before she and Jeremy got married she said she liked kids and wanted a family (duh, she's a Duggar, what else would she say), and c) she posed for a picture holding Jessa's baby (well that's the smoking gun - knocked up for sure). 

10 hours ago, satrunrose said:

Wait! Is that how you tell you're pregnant? I held my baby cousin at a family brunch yesterday morning and I believe pictures were taken. To the pee stick closet! (She said with the level of sarcasm that can only be achieved before coffee).

Shit, I hit the trifecta, stomach bump, held a baby, and always wanted kids. I must be having triplets! Won't my adult children and my husband be surprised. Its a dried up and dusty eggs miracle!

• Love 19

I was maybe kind of hoping she had cut her hair in the black and white picture.....oh well....still cute and I like the boots too....I actually kind of like the whole outfit although I am not much of a stripe person myself.

• Love 6
48 minutes ago, allonsyalice said:

high key, i would die for those boots! They're adorable, and I need a pair of heeled boots like that. (I cant believe i just typed that.)

She commented that they were from Forever 21

16 minutes ago, Sew Sumi said:

What's up with the Vuolos today? Same photoshoot, even. 

eta: No comma before "but;" that's a dependent clause.

Jeremy front and center again with his wifey staring up adoringly...yuk.

• Love 18
39 minutes ago, Sew Sumi said:

Jinger is really rocking that look. Retro faux-tweed full skirt, form-fitting striped blouse, high-heeled, boots, side pony... she really looks good here. And no bump! Although this is one of many pics lately in which she's been wearing skirts. I hope she hasn't given up on pants. 

She is gazing at Jeremy, but there's something... sassy about her pose. The hand on the hip, maybe? Anyway, it's not the standard Duggar staring adoringly at headship shot. Perhaps there's still hope. 

• Love 11
3 hours ago, Sew Sumi said:

I do not look forward to their anniversary spread later this week.

Sounds like something from Playboy Magazine. I will now head to my ever so trusty Player Closet Condo to reflect on my heathen way of thinking.

I got my hair cut today. No six inches off, but just below the chin with long layers and bangs. Maybe Babe wants her hair to be long. She would look better with shorter hair.  And why does the shirt Jeremy is wearing in the picture looks like something Michelle would wear.

52 minutes ago, bigskygirl said:

And why does the shirt Jeremy is wearing in the picture looks like something Michelle would wear.

Maybe he has spent some time in her closet.

• Love 1
14 minutes ago, lascuba said:

Someone needs to comment on Jeremy's instagram that posting pictures of him looking at the camera while Jinger gazes at him makes him look bad. 

I get Svengali vibes from the Babe.  He married a meek young woman who is easy to control.

Edited by ariel
  • Love 12
1 hour ago, bigskygirl said:

I got my hair cut today. No six inches off, but just below the chin with long layers and bangs. Maybe Babe wants her hair to be long. She would look better with shorter hair.  And why does the shirt Jeremy is wearing in the picture looks like something Michelle would wear.

So, totally going to take Jinger's side, just stay with me here for a minute. I also used to have super long hair. I'm in no way fundy (or even Christian), and I have a round face like Jinger, and I fully know my hair looks the most flattering around shoulder length. However, I simply enjoyed my hair the most when it was long. Even now, at 32, it's about nipple-length long (is that defrauding? Sorry, I'll show myself to the Prayer Closet). Maybe she likes the way her hair looks and that's okay. Damaged it may be, but it's HER hair. I think she looks the happiest she's ever been, so if rocking her long (straightened) hair is a part of that, you go girl.

• Love 24

I think that Jana should have jumped at the Babe opportunity when he was available. He's age appropriate for her, I'm sure he can swing a hammer, is religious and is good looking. Jana is just as compliant as Jinger....they were all raised to be that way.

Speaking of 'hammer swinging', Babe needs to quit flying around the country and stay in Laredo spending some TIME at his church and repair the building. In an earlier photo of those two outside the building, it looked like it was in need of some repair....Jeremy, isn't that what most pastors do?....fix up their church buildings in their spare time? I've seen it done many times. I think Jeremy likes the 'celebrity lifestyle" a bit too much to claim to be a humble pastor. JMHO

• Love 3
2 hours ago, floridamom said:

I think that Jana should have jumped at the Babe opportunity when he was available. He's age appropriate for her, I'm sure he can swing a hammer, is religious and is good looking. Jana is just as compliant as Jinger....they were all raised to be that way.

2 hours ago, Janarella said:

Correct me if I'm wrong, but per Duggar dating rules, the girls are not allowed to initiate a relationship (the horror!). They have to wait patiently and pray that the guy approaches JB about them. It's all gentleman's choice, so clearly, Jeremy must have preferred Jinger over Jana for whatever reason. IMHO, I'm glad that Jeremy chose Jinger over Jana. Jinger is happy to be living in a big city with an "office job guy," whereas Jana has expressly stated that is not her preferred type. I just can't picture Jeremy and Jana together as a couple, but maybe I'm in the minority. 

I agree. Also, Jana seems too...self-sufficient? Poised? Composed? for Jeremy. I just can't imagine Jana, no matter how in love, being all demonstrably worshipful like Jinger. Yes, she'd defer to her headship in all things, but she'd still express an opinion occasionally and not constantly tell him how wonderful he is. Jeremy would not deal well with that.

It's also why he and Jessa would be all wrong for each other. If Jessa had reacted to Jeremy saying something like "I want to give you all the flowers in the world," the same way she did to Ben, Jeremy would have been livid instead of acting like a kicked puppy.

• Love 8
10 hours ago, SoupyShoes said:

So, totally going to take Jinger's side, just stay with me here for a minute. I also used to have super long hair. I'm in no way fundy (or even Christian), and I have a round face like Jinger, and I fully know my hair looks the most flattering around shoulder length. However, I simply enjoyed my hair the most when it was long. Even now, at 32, it's about nipple-length long (is that defrauding? Sorry, I'll show myself to the Prayer Closet). Maybe she likes the way her hair looks and that's okay. Damaged it may be, but it's HER hair. I think she looks the happiest she's ever been, so if rocking her long (straightened) hair is a part of that, you go girl.

And also, if I remember  correctly , when they were growing  up a hair  cut was used  to shame  you. You got a hair cut as a punishment  not to help you look nice.

• Love 2
19 hours ago, Sew Sumi said:

Really? I would have put a comma there as well, but I punctuate more on instinct than anything else (I guess that since I naturally tended to get good marks in English without having to study, I never actually bothered to learn the actual rules and just went with what felt right).

• Love 10

Jana never had a shot at Jeremy, because Jessa was the one who noticed Jeremy first and set him up with Jinger. Jessa, for all her faults, looked out for her bestie, and Cinderjana got the shaft,  yet again. But hey, at least the sisters throw her a bone and let her do all the work planning their weddings, so she's not totally left out...

• Love 9
26 minutes ago, Jynnan tonnix said:

Really? I would have put a comma there as well, but I punctuate more on instinct than anything else (I guess that since I naturally tended to get good marks in English without having to study, I never actually bothered to learn the actual rules and just went with what felt right).

Your usage here is correct because you added a subject in your second clause, making it independent. I just wanted to poke fun at Jeremy the Intellectual. Should I go correct him? ?

• Love 8

Going by the personalities in question, I think it's more likely that Jeremy would have gone for Jill before Jana. He clearly prefers the enthusiastic and blindly adoring type, though Jill's dorkiness would have turned him off, eventually. If Jeremy and Jana had met first, it would have been a "hell, no!" from both of them. Jessa knew what she was doing when she set up Jeremy with Jinger.

• Love 5
18 hours ago, bigskygirl said:

I got my hair cut to the shortest length it's been in about 35 years and am still adjusting.  Hair can really be an issue for some people (it is for me), so I can imagine if Jer likes the long hair, it aint going anywhere anytime soon.  I agree it should be cut a little, but if hair can trigger someone who isn't afraid to wear pants and have a heathen job, etc. I can imagine it would have a lot of impact for someone like Jinger, especially if what someone said upthread about hair cutting being a punishment is true.  It's taken me two weeks to start to feel comfortable/attractive with the shorter hair and I'm still a little anxious about it.  Of course, that wasn't helped by my helpmeet letting me know he prefers it longer (a real jerk sometimes).  Of course, I have no problem telling him that I'll do exactly what I want with my hair, body, etc!!!  Anyway, my point is that for someone like Jinger, I think it would be a HUGE step.  I'm happy for the small steps she's taken so far, and I hope she's happy in her new life.  She sure looks that way and it's awesome to see.

• Love 9

How could Jessa have set up Jinger and Babe? I thought it was Jim Bob who does the honors?

I as taught the grammar rule was no comma when using the word 'but'. But takes the place of a comma...English grammar class, 1967....Public school PS 215.

• Love 2

IIRC Benessa were in the area and called a friend  looking to kill time. Said friend was not available and put them in contact with Jeremy. Jessa liked the sweater Babe was wearing and thought he would be a good match for Jinger. How did it go over Boob's head is beyond me.

• Love 2
9 hours ago, lascuba said:

I agree. Also, Jana seems too...self-sufficient? Poised? Composed? for Jeremy. I just can't imagine Jana, no matter how in love, being all demonstrably worshipful like Jinger. Yes, she'd defer to her headship in all things, but she'd still express an opinion occasionally and not constantly tell him how wonderful he is. Jeremy would not deal well with that.

It's also why he and Jessa would be all wrong for each other. If Jessa had reacted to Jeremy saying something like "I want to give you all the flowers in the world," the same way she did to Ben, Jeremy would have been livid instead of acting like a kicked puppy.

Jeremy + Jessa = spontaneous combustion to the nth degree.

• Love 7
1 hour ago, floridamom said:

How could Jessa have set up Jinger and Babe? I thought it was Jim Bob who does the honors?

I as taught the grammar rule was no comma when using the word 'but'. But takes the place of a comma...English grammar class, 1967....Public school PS 215.

Not always. Coordinating conjunctions (using the mnemonic FANBOYS) take a comma when followed by independent clauses. 

http://grammar.yourdictionary.com/parts-of-speech/conjunctions/coordinating-conjunctions.html

As for Jeremy, glad he had the money to dress nattily the fateful night he met Benessa in San Antonio. I guess Jessa wouldn't have given him a second look if he dressed like...her own husband. ?

• Love 8
4 hours ago, Normades said:

I got my hair cut to the shortest length it's been in about 35 years and am still adjusting.  Hair can really be an issue for some people (it is for me), so I can imagine if Jer likes the long hair, it aint going anywhere anytime soon.  I agree it should be cut a little, but if hair can trigger someone who isn't afraid to wear pants and have a heathen job, etc. I can imagine it would have a lot of impact for someone like Jinger, especially if what someone said upthread about hair cutting being a punishment is true.  It's taken me two weeks to start to feel comfortable/attractive with the shorter hair and I'm still a little anxious about it.  Of course, that wasn't helped by my helpmeet letting me know he prefers it longer (a real jerk sometimes).  Of course, I have no problem telling him that I'll do exactly what I want with my hair, body, etc!!!  Anyway, my point is that for someone like Jinger, I think it would be a HUGE step.  I'm happy for the small steps she's taken so far, and I hope she's happy in her new life.  She sure looks that way and it's awesome to see.

Believe me, I get that!  When I was in grade school, my mother made me keep my hair short, and I did hate it.  Anyone here remember Pixie Haircuts?  Ugh.

When I was finally in junior high school, I got to let it grow.  And grow, it did, right up until my late 20's.  I got my waist length hair cut to shoulder length, and thus it's been ever since!  I swear I'll never go back to short hair, just because I think medium length works for me, even though now I'm old.  It's curly, and I love that too, but didn't always!  Jinjer is young and cute, no matter what she does hair-wise and fashion-wise.  Her hero worship of Jeremeeeee is a bit off-putting, but like I've said before, she is probably so ever grateful to get away from Boob and Ma Kettle, I can't blame her at all.  Go Jinjer, even if you never cut that hair.

• Love 7
1 minute ago, xwordfanatik said:

Believe me, I get that!  When I was in grade school, my mother made me keep my hair short, and I did hate it.  Anyone here remember Pixie Haircuts?  Ugh.

When I was finally in junior high school, I got to let it grow.  And grow, it did, right up until my late 20's.  I got my waist length hair cut to shoulder length, and thus it's been ever since!  I swear I'll never go back to short hair, just because I think medium length works for me, even though now I'm old.  It's curly, and I love that too, but didn't always!  Jinjer is young and cute, no matter what she does hair-wise and fashion-wise.  Her hero worship of Jeremeeeee is a bit off-putting, but like I've said before, she is probably so ever grateful to get away from Boob and Ma Kettle, I can't blame her at all.  Go Jinjer, even if you never cut that hair.

I have curly hair as well, and have had it various lengths, from very short to about bra-strap length wet (which is just below shoulders dry...it does't seem to grow longer than that. I get the most compliments on it when it is around chin-length, so I tend to take that into account. It's pretty forgiving, so I just cut it myself when it starts to get ratty, about once every 8 months to a year.

• Love 5
1 hour ago, madpsych78 said:

Jeremy + Jessa = spontaneous combustion to the nth degree.

"Fighting for the mirror" is how Burt Reynolds described himself with Loni Anderson.  That is what would have happened with Jeremy and Jessa, together.

They (Jeremy and Jessa) each needed a spouse that would agree with, and worship anything, that each of them did.  Poor Ben-Bob has had to face reality with 2 kids.  Jeremy apparently is still living in fantasy land.  It's good that he hasn't knocked up Jinjer yet, but I wonder how he's going to handle it, once he does.  I don't think he'll be thrilled to have his hero worshipper otherwise preoccupied.

• Love 10
12 hours ago, lascuba said:

How did Jessa react? 

I don’t think Jeremy would have been drawn to Jana. She’s too quiet and conservative. Jeremy is clearly trying to appeal to younger congregants for his church. His schtick is the “conservative Christian meets modern hipster” vibe that seems popular in churches these days. He needed a wife who would complement him in that way. Jinger is perfect — youthful, outgoing, interested in traveling, willing to wear modern clothes (including pants) and have Instagram document her entire life. Jana would have just been trailing behind Jeremy in her frumpy clothes and never saying anything. It wouldn’t have worked.

• Love 8
16 minutes ago, mynextmistake said:

How did Jessa react? 

I don’t think Jeremy would have been drawn to Jana. She’s too quiet and conservative. Jeremy is clearly trying to appeal to younger congregants for his church. 

When is Babe at his church?  From his social media, he seems to be constantly traveling with Jinger, dressing her up, taking pictures, & trotting her around somewhere far away from his flock.

Edited by ariel
  • Love 8
1 hour ago, mynextmistake said:

How did Jessa react? 

I don’t think Jeremy would have been drawn to Jana. She’s too quiet and conservative. Jeremy is clearly trying to appeal to younger congregants for his church. His schtick is the “conservative Christian meets modern hipster” vibe that seems popular in churches these days. He needed a wife who would complement him in that way. Jinger is perfect — youthful, outgoing, interested in traveling, willing to wear modern clothes (including pants) and have Instagram document her entire life. Jana would have just been trailing behind Jeremy in her frumpy clothes and never saying anything. It wouldn’t have worked.

Jessa related the flower story to Mechelle when they went out to Mama Carmen's for coffee. It was a real thing. She told Mechelle that she responded, "But where would I put them?" And she seemed dead serious. Mechelle basically told her that was the wrong response. 

Jinger, OTOH, would ooh and ahh and make goo-goo eyes at Jeremy and reply something in the vein of, "You're the MOST ROMANTIC man I know!!!!1111 <3 <3 <3" 

• Love 6
2 hours ago, Sew Sumi said:

Jessa related the flower story to Mechelle when they went out to Mama Carmen's for coffee. It was a real thing. She told Mechelle that she responded, "But where would I put them?" And she seemed dead serious. Mechelle basically told her that was the wrong response. 

Jinger, OTOH, would ooh and ahh and make goo-goo eyes at Jeremy and reply something in the vein of, "You're the MOST ROMANTIC man I know!!!!1111 <3 <3 <3" 

Oh dear. Well, at least she’s practical? 

• Love 3
11 hours ago, mynextmistake said:

How did Jessa react? 

She said, "But where would I put them?" Which her mother and sisters thought was just the most awful thing to say to a man being so "romantic."

If anything, I think Jana makes a better precher's wife--well, really, my idea of a preacher's wife, because everything I know about them I learned via fiction--than Jinger. Jinger just seems so childish to me. I can't imagine her in any sort of leadership role. Of course, Jeremy doesn't want to be preacher so much as he wants some way to be famous via worshipful followers.

7 hours ago, mynextmistake said:

Oh dear. Well, at least she’s practical? 

Honestly, that was the moment that Jessa became my favorite Duggar, because fuck that one-size-fits-all "romanticism" that Ben was peddling.

• Love 7
24 minutes ago, lascuba said:

Honestly, that was the moment that Jessa became my favorite Duggar, because fuck that one-size-fits-all "romanticism" that Ben was peddling.

Hahaha. That seemed like her sassy-pants persona that she was faking for the cameras. She couldn't wait to marry him....even threatening to elope to push it forward.

• Love 2
Just now, drafan said:

Hahaha. That seemed like her sassy-pants persona that she was faking for the cameras. She couldn't wait to marry him....even threatening to elope to push it forward.

No, she was completely serious. Jessa doesn't fake her attitude. It's when she's being all sweetness and light that she's faking.

That moment is why I will never buy the that "poor, henpecked Ben" argument. Because after that conversation with Michelle, Jessa started gushing on social media about how wonderfully romantic Ben was, including picture of those embarrassingly saccharine love letters. I think she liked that he was so into her, but no way did she like his way of showing it.  But she had decided she wanted to marry him so she suppressed her feelings, and I think she still suppresses things to keep Ben happy and malleable.

• Love 5