Type keyword(s) to search

The Duggalos: Jinger and the Holy Goalie

Message added by cm-soupsipper,

Closure Notice: This Thread is now closed due to the name (and much of the posting within it). Please be mindful going forward by naming topics in a way that invites a healthy community conversation. If you name something for a cheap laugh, this thread may be closed later because it encourages discrimination and harm. 

• Start Topic

4 hours ago, leighdear said:

Jinger looks lovely in that close-up.  Her hair does look to be in better condition and is attractively styled.  She can definitely pull off the cat-eye liner, so I say she should flaunt it! 

No matter his beliefs or preachings, Jeremy is fully committed to putting Jinger out front in the spotlight, with words of adoration directed straight at her.  No contest, he DOMINATES the spousal appreciation postings. 

Whether it's a bit for show or totally legit, I think it's still very sweet to see, especially compared to the pious and judgmental crap that comes from the Dullards and the progeny-obsessed twaddle produced by the Seeweirds. 

Jinger really does look lovely in the closeup. She always looks so happy and glowing. Out of all the married Duggar daughters, she definitely got the best husband. I’m not sure what’s in the pot, but it looks like an octopus. May have been the lighting, but it sure looked unappetizing. It was really sweet of Jeremy to think of all her favorite things and set a nice table for her. 

Escaping the Duggar Vortex agrees with her. 

• Love 17
45 minutes ago, Arwen Evenstar said:

Jinger really does look lovely in the closeup. She always looks so happy and glowing. Out of all the married Duggar daughters, she definitely got the best husband. I’m not sure what’s in the pot, but it looks like an octopus. May have been the lighting, but it sure looked unappetizing. It was really sweet of Jeremy to think of all her favorite things and set a nice table for her. 

Escaping the Duggar Vortex agrees with her. 

It looks like a hamburger and fries to me.

• Love 3

With ketchup on the side, although that could be a cocktail sauce and what looks like curly fries could be fried shrimp. Not sure what else that burger looking thing could be...

Edited by Sew Sumi
  • Love 1

And it seems Jeremy uses real plates, silverware and glasses, not all that plastic junk the rest of the Duggars use. Definitely the winner in the best spouse competition. Looks like a lovely, thoughtful dinner and birthday for Jinger. Good for her.

• Love 19
35 minutes ago, Marigold said:

Meanwhile, pregnant teen Joy is at a rodeo while Jill is harassing Muslims and Jessa photographs her poopy diaper collection....

Game over. Jinger won. 

This made me lol.  Still chuckling.  

• Love 12
21 hours ago, awaken said:

I like her hair natural and wavy like that. 

It's pretty, but I imagine she had to flat iron, and then curl her hair.  So it's still a damaging style.

And while her eyes are very pretty, looks like she's increased her eyeliner game.

• Love 2
19 hours ago, Sew Sumi said:

Jinger's birthday party. 

If I didn't know better, I would say that was Casey Anthony.   It doesn't look like Jing.

16 hours ago, humbleopinion said:

Jinger writing...

Dear Diary-

My second birthday as a married and Jerahme was so attentive and thoughtful.

We went to CeeCee's Pizza so Preacherman could eat his fill of pizza and I watched him enjoy himself pound down slice after slice...his moans of delight were enough nourishment for me...sipping warm water and patting my concave stomach.

Then we came home where he surprised me with a Christmas Teleflora centerpiece.

The one with the taper candle and pine cones that you send your grandparents and lucky birthday girls....

Dinner and dessert by candlelight so romantic.

I allowed myself to lick a dark chocolate bonbon and take a teensy bite of the white chocolate bonbon instead of germy cake that Josie put her grimy fingers into the batter and no telling which howler sneezed on it when they were decorating it.

24 years old and loving my life.....too bad we have to high tail it up to Arkansas to see the family for the holidays but just a day or two and we slip away and no one is the wiser....

But Babe spent so much time fussing over the table to make it perfect for his SM picture, and then working on his perfect praise, the food was cold and the bubbly was flat.

• Love 7
On 12/22/2017 at 0:30 PM, Lunera said:

If my headship posted something like this I'd laugh. It sounds like one of Ben's sappy love letters to Jessa when they were still courting. You know, I don't think Derick has never mentioned anything about Jill's beauty. At least the spark is still alive in this marriage. 

She does look very pretty here.

Y'all...do I detect a hair cut??

She looks fantastic. Her skin is so clear (or is it photshopped?) Perhaps Jer and Babe have health insurance and she got to go to a real dermatologist??

• Love 7
5 minutes ago, MamaMax said:

Y'all...do I detect a hair cut??

She looks fantastic. Her skin is so clear (or is it photshopped?) Perhaps Jer and Babe have health insurance and she got to go to a real dermatologist??

Jinger looks stunning

• Love 7

There’s a bottle of wine on the table but they’re drinking cider, and Jinger is posing for that photo by pulling her bulky cardigan around to cover her midsection.

Fuck, y’all, I think she’s pregnant. Oh well... a pregnancy a year after a wedding is considered reasonable timing even in non-fundie circles. She’s still better off than all her sisters.

• Love 6

I think she got a hair cut and that is the point of the close up. That looks like a professional blow out. Doesn't look like she lost too much length but it seems she has some layers and some nice shape to it. 

As for her skin, maybe it's a filter?  But her skin looks much clearer in all her posts so having access to frequent showers, good skin creams, decent food and possibly a visit to a dermatologist has made a difference. 

We have to check some recent videos to see more about her skin. 

• Love 2

That eyeliner looks about right for the fashion-conscious teens I know. And if she is pregnant now, a year is pretty standard even outside fundieland. It’s not like she was ever going to put off kids long enough to go get a college degree or something.

• Love 2

She doesn't really look to be intentionally pulling her sweater closed. I'd sit that way if someone was taking my photo because I'd be not sure what to do with my hands or body. And does Jinger drink? If I had to guess, I'd say no. Maybe Jeremy was giving her the option; wine if she wanted, fancy juice if she didn't. 

Not conclusive enough to suggest a pregnancy, imo.

• Love 13
20 minutes ago, irisheyes said:

Am I the only one who caught the subtle reference to some afternoon lovin’ in Jinger’s post?

I’ll be in the prayer closet. I have Christmas cookies. 

nope....i noticed it too.

• Love 7

Like to think it is a subtle FU to her sisters' last photo...their big night out was double dating with Derelict and Bin and bringing the kids in strollers to the Fayetteville  Christmas tree.

Meanwhile, she and Jeremy are  having a night out in Dallas...Jinger looking pretty... all dressed up, hair done like a happy 23 year old.

Edited by humbleopinion
  • Love 14
8 minutes ago, Sew Sumi said:

They were in Dallas last week. The birthday dinner was at their home in Laredo (as was the Afternoon Delight). 

Yet another way in which Jinger is better off than her sisters... Jeremy’s previous experience spending afternoons making sandwiches with other ladies means his afternoons are probably longer and way more fun than Derrick’s or Bin’s or Austin’s.

Ok, i’m off to the prayer closet. 

• Love 13
18 hours ago, RedheadZombie said:

It's pretty, but I imagine she had to flat iron, and then curl her hair.  So it's still a damaging style.

And while her eyes are very pretty, looks like she's increased her eyeliner game.

But at least she's updated her eyeliner game. I think it looks better. 

• Love 8
14 minutes ago, magpye29 said:

Jinger has got to be thrilled with all that attention focused completely on her.  What other Duggar has experienced that?

Just MeChelle, and maybe Pwecious Miwacle (at least until she was 5).  It’s all MeChelle all the time.

• Love 8

I have the feeling Jeremy is trying a little too hard. Yes, we have seen the marriages of Ben/Jessa, Josh/Anna and our favorite one of all Dwerp Man Boy/Cling Queen not looking so great. I think they are trying  hard to prove to the heathen masses there is one Duggar daughter marriage where the daughter is being treated like royalty and is not pregnant or already had a kid within the first year. It may look good on the outside, but inside... Some married couples can make everything look fine and dandy, but behind close doors it is not all sunshine and roses. I still think he treats her like a student and he is her teacher.

1 hour ago, bigskygirl said:

I still think he treats her like a student and he is her teacher.

I agree 100%.  Except Jinger really enjoys having Jeremy as her teacher and we know Jeremy loves doing all that teaching!  Jeremy loves himself. 

I prefer that a woman not need a "teacher" but that's me.  This is a step up for Jinger and that's at least a positive step in the right direction. 

• Love 11
2 minutes ago, Marigold said:

I agree 100%.  Except Jinger really enjoys having Jeremy as her teacher and we know Jeremy loves doing all that teaching!  Jeremy loves himself. 

I prefer that a woman not need a "teacher" but that's me.  This is a step up for Jinger and that's at least a positive step in the right direction. 

The talk of teacher and student makes me think of a dirty movie. Heading to the Prayer Closet with my chocolate pudding and a blanket since it is cold outside.

4 minutes ago, bigskygirl said:

The talk of teacher and student makes me think of a dirty movie. Heading to the Prayer Closet with my chocolate pudding and a blanket since it is cold outside.

Hahahah.  Oh, I think jeremy looooves to show Jinger all about....making sandwiches!  (yeah, boy!)

I'm with ya!  I don't drink so I will sit by you...I like the chocolate pudding!

• Love 5
2 hours ago, Arwen Evenstar said:

Just MeChelle, and maybe Pwecious Miwacle (at least until she was 5).  It’s all MeChelle all the time.

Poor Jana didn't even enjoy being Michelle's one and only for six months. Michelle seemed to hate her even in utero, convinced the kicker was Jana, so she probably fed her then left her constantly alone in some dumpy crib while she doted on JD. 

• Love 3
58 minutes ago, Marigold said:

Yes.  But there's something that can't let me like Jeremy.  Everyone praises the way he dresses, and I say there's a world of nicely dressed that falls between wrinkled goodwill clothes, and dressing like a Harvard professor.  There's just something about him that rubs me the wrong way.  He dresses far too nice for the minimal work he does, which means he's using Jinger's money or he's neglecting other obligations for his wardrobe.  It's the snug dress pants that show off his assets, and the dumb sweater vest beneath the professionally tailored blazer, and dress shoes that most men save for formal occasions.   He just looks so ridiculous to me, as if he dresses that way even when he's planning to stay home all day to read. All the better, I guess, to be constantly camera ready. He seems pompous enough, that the only thing missing is a signet ring and a pipe.  I would love a gif of Jeremy, a la John Edwards, with Babe fussing and primping in the mirror while "I feel pretty, oh so pretty" plays.  

And I think I would want my husband to love me more than he loves himself.  He's far too infatuated with himself, IMO, to be a man of God. It's clear he neglects his church, dumps the workload on others, then takes 100% credit.  And I continue to think that a very worldly man who chooses a meek, emotionally stunted, never even held hands with anyone girl, is a little creepy.  

And while I think Jing clearly adores him, I think part of the attraction is his similarity to Jessa.  I wonder if Jessa now regrets her part in their relationship. She probably didn't think her bestie would move away, easily disconnect from her, and live a life that rejects Jessa's lifestyle. 

• Love 14
On ‎12‎/‎22‎/‎2017 at 0:30 PM, Lunera said:

If my headship posted something like this I'd laugh. It sounds like one of Ben's sappy love letters to Jessa when they were still courting. 

For a 30 year old & a guy who's been to the rodeo a few times, that's weird on so many levels. He sounds like Bobby Brady.

Edited by ariel
  • Love 7
2 hours ago, RedheadZombie said:

Poor Jana didn't even enjoy being Michelle's one and only for six months. Michelle seemed to hate her even in utero, convinced the kicker was Jana, so she probably fed her then left her constantly alone in some dumpy crib while she doted on JD. 

Not sure what you are refering to. Josh is the oldest, and he was an only child for at least year, almost two when Jana and JD were born. 

48 minutes ago, Temperance said:

Not sure what you are refering to. Josh is the oldest, and he was an only child for at least year, almost two when Jana and JD were born. 

I mean that every baby gets 6 months with Michelle before they're kicked out of the test to trigger fertility.  Jana had to share that with JD, and JD was greatly preferred to nasty womb-kicking Jana.  I imagine Jana spent most of her babyhood in a playpen.

• Love 10
3 hours ago, bigskygirl said:

Some married couples can make everything look fine and dandy, but behind close doors it is not all sunshine and roses. I still think he treats her like a student and he is her teacher.

Somehow, I think he realizes just how stunted her life at home was and he wants to show her how to adult. At least I hope that’s the case and he lets go of the reins once he sees she’s got the hang of it. We’ll see by his actions whether that holds true when the time comes,

• Love 10
3 hours ago, ariel said:

For a 30 year old & a guy who's been to the rodeo a few times, that's weird on so many levels. He sounds like Bobby Brady.

Well, you know, social media is about presenting an image, mostly, isn't it? And I think the image Jer's almost always trying to present is one that he thinks is intellectual and super-godly and witty and the perfect Christian husband and pastor and somebody you'd love to hire at your Calvinist mega-church or other hotshot Calvinist enterprise. I think very few people, if any, would be able to pull that off in posts without sounding kind of lame in one way or another. That's the story with Jer's posts, I'm betting.

Edited by Churchhoney
  • Love 7