Type keyword(s) to search

The Duggalos: Jinger and the Holy Goalie

Message added by cm-soupsipper,

Closure Notice: This Thread is now closed due to the name (and much of the posting within it). Please be mindful going forward by naming topics in a way that invites a healthy community conversation. If you name something for a cheap laugh, this thread may be closed later because it encourages discrimination and harm. 

• Start Topic

The only picture I can see is the one @Lunera sent.  All the others are just a large gray area.

Well, I could see the wedding topper picture, but not the picture just posted--something about the Silos.  Not sure what is going on.  I'm reading on my computer, not my ipad or phone.

• Love 6
18 minutes ago, CalicoKitty said:

The only picture I can see is the one @Lunera sent.  All the others are just a large gray area.

Well, I could see the wedding topper picture, but not the picture just posted--something about the Silos.  Not sure what is going on.  I'm reading on my computer, not my ipad or phone.

If you click on them it will take you to the Instagram link

• Love 1

The topping on the cake looks like something a young child would do for an arts & crafts project.  I hope Babe didn't pay his friend too much money for his "art work".

Edited by ariel
16 hours ago, SMama said:

I can’t see the pics on my phone and iPad. Actually when there are pictures it makes a long beige area and I can’t see anything else. Has anyone experienced this? Baby Jesus is punishing me.

I had problems too & just clicked on the comments Jinger/Jer made at the bottom & it brought up the pictures & comments.

1 hour ago, Marigold said:

I actually came here to ask about the wedding toppers! 

Maybe that is what Jinger carries in her crossbody pocketbook that she is always wearing? 

I’m surprised Boob hasn’t already put the kibosh on that! He is such a freaking ignoramus that he probably thinks she is practicing voodoo.

• Love 2

The good thing about the cake toppers is they look like Fisher Price Little People. If Jeremy's friend can't make more, Jinjer can just add Little People babies in the future. A future at least 2-3 years away for maximum Boob annoyance.

Edited by SMama
  • Love 14
4 hours ago, Marigold said:

I actually came here to ask about the wedding toppers! 

Maybe that is what Jinger carries in her crossbody pocketbook that she is always wearing? 

If I were JIngle, I'd order a second pair dressed to look like Jim Boob and Meechelle.

And carry them in another purse pocket along with, oh, maybe a nice little packet of needles. Or matches.

• Love 15
16 hours ago, MichaelaRae said:

I actually think their wedding cake was lovely. It's sorta rustic but also well crafted, proportioned and charming to me. The perfectly fondant creations are lovely but overly fussy for me and SO not my style. Most of them look so dated. And most icing is so crystallized and sweet it hurts my teeth. Their cake looks like one I might actually want to have a slice of.

If you had gone to their wedding you probably wouldn't have gotten a slice. The girls have over 1000 guests at their weddings. This cake was probably reserved for family. The guests get a piece of plain sheet cake, if they get any at all.

• Love 4

I do think the wedding toppers are cute and one things for certain I guess they are getting their moneys worth out of them?  I know a couple who are RVing across the US and she does something similar to those pictures, even the same type of "Little People" she had made of her and her husband.  Every new place they go to she takes a picture with those little wooden people...maybe it's a thing now? 

• Love 9

The type of cake they had is actually a very popular request for brides today, it's called a "Naked" cake.  It's deliberately under-frosted.  A lot of very high-end bakeries are doing them these days, and I've seen them all over the photos of celeb birthdays, weddings & showers.  The girl is current and knows what's in style.  Google has loads of images.  I thought it was very pretty. 

And I think the staged pictures with their toppers are pretty damn cute.  They probably brought them out for their anniversary and got a wild hair to photograph them.  And I also like how they match in the first photo.  Very adorable. 

Edited by leighdear
  • Love 16

Why is Jin's little cake topper darker toned than Jer's?  IRL, it looks like he has a darker complexion.

They do look like my daughter's Fisher-Price little people.  Cute, but why are they being trotted out for pics now?  

Does Jer EVER tend to his "flock?"  It must be nice to not have to work a regular job, when he's barely 30.  

• Love 6

They had time to get home for a Sunday sermon. We don't know that those pictures were actually taken yesterday, but anyway, at least we know they didn't travel to TN for the Bates wedding, so I assume that they actually made their way home last night (if the pictures were in fact from lunch on Friday and posted while on the plane), or flew home today at the latest. 

IOW, I think he actually DID make it home for a Sunday sermon at his church, for a change. 

• Love 2
2 hours ago, TigerLily20 said:

I do think the wedding toppers are cute and one things for certain I guess they are getting their moneys worth out of them?  I know a couple who are RVing across the US and she does something similar to those pictures, even the same type of "Little People" she had made of her and her husband.  Every new place they go to she takes a picture with those little wooden people...maybe it's a thing now? 

I think that’s fun and creative! I could see them pulling out the figurines when they ate the top of their wedding cake and thinking “hey these are good photo ops.”

1 hour ago, leighdear said:

The type of cake they had is actually a very popular request for brides today, it's called a "Naked" cake.  It's deliberately under-frosted.  A lot of very high-end bakeries are doing them these days, and I've seen them all over the photos of celeb birthdays, weddings & showers.  The girl is current and knows what's in style.  Google has loads of images.  I thought it was very pretty. 

And I think the staged pictures with their toppers are pretty damn cute.  They probably brought them out for their anniversary and got a wild hair to photograph them.  And I also like how they match in the first photo.  Very adorable. 

Yup I thought that too. 

I am not surpised the toppers dont don’t look like Jin and Jeremy- most toppers only come in blonde haired/brown haired/dark brown haired generic white man/woman OR black man/woman with dark brown skin.....because people only come in 7 hair and skin tone combos. It’s a representational figure (of a bride and groom) not a custom made mini sculpture of Jin and Jer as people. 

@xwordfanatik I dont know what Jeremy does as far as his duties towards his church, given that’s supposed to be the center of his life it is ODD we know so little about it. Not that pastors cannot have other interests, but as sanctimonious Jeremy can be, he’s not exactly spreading the word via his Instagram posts.  

• Love 6
1 hour ago, xwordfanatik said:

Why is Jin's little cake topper darker toned than Jer's?  IRL, it looks like he has a darker complexion.

They do look like my daughter's Fisher-Price little people.  Cute, but why are they being trotted out for pics now?  

Does Jer EVER tend to his "flock?"  It must be nice to not have to work a regular job, when he's barely 30.  

Back when the church had a website -- now I think it just has a Facebook page, right? -- a regular Friday-night event was mentioned. Bible study or something. And also something on Wednesday. At that point it was clear that other people had to be running those things a lot of the time, since Jer was traveling a bunch during that period. But what puzzled -- and, yeah, annoyed -- me was that literally nobody else working at the church was mentioned on the website except Jer. And clearly other people were helping out as well, whether they were congregation members or other assistant-minister types driving over from the planter church. I couldn't figure out why the other helpers wouldn't be listed on the website and it would just be all about him. Seems to me that's what houses of worship generally do. And he seemed to be very much in charge of the website. But nary a whisper about anybody else doing anything at the church. Just seemed odd to me. .... As does his travel schedule. It's very much at odds with the schedules of people I've known in what seem to me to be similar religious-work situations. People I've known have mostly seemed to work really hard at their small-church jobs. 

• Love 8

Beat you to it! Not sure why mine posted as a hyperlink and not the picture. I did nothing different. I've had that problem a lot lately on my phone. 

Back to JinJer, I suppose if they went to a matinee, they could catch a plane back to Laredo tonight in time for Sunday services. 

Edited by Sew Sumi
  • Love 1
1 hour ago, Sew Sumi said:

Back to JinJer, I suppose if they went to a matinee, they could catch a plane back to Laredo tonight in time for Sunday services. 

If they went to a matinee, they would still have to go out to dinner afterwards & take pictures of each other.  That takes a lot of time & posing to get those pictures just right for their fans . Those darn Sunday services can get in the way of their social life & photo shoots. ;)

• Love 11

if that's a new thing with the wedding toppers, then that's fun!

I have never heard of such a thing so seeing the wedding Jinger/Jeremy toppers parked next to a burger in Texas made me have a WTF moment. Glad to hear they are not delusional like Derick, who probably has a box of wedding toppers and talks to them regularly. I can see Derick setting up a variety of wedding toppers and lecturing them on their sins. I'm only half kidding,  

• Love 15
9 hours ago, bythelake said:

If you had gone to their wedding you probably wouldn't have gotten a slice. The girls have over 1000 guests at their weddings. This cake was probably reserved for family. The guests get a piece of plain sheet cake, if they get any at all.

They had cupcakes in the pretty natural fluted paper cups. They looked really good too.

• Love 4
11 hours ago, leighdear said:

Ok. I still think it’s ugly. I’ve seen well-done “naked” cakes that still manage to look attractive and professional. This one has edges that look like they were hacked off with a knife for maximum crumbling, filling that is randomly dripping down the sides, and fruit “decoration” that is limp and covered in poorly-applied powdered sugar. It’s great that it’s a trendy idea, but it’s still poorly executed. But whatever, I didn’t have to serve it at my wedding. To each their own and all that. 

• Love 4
12 hours ago, ariel said:

I wonder if Jinger really wrote that?  It sounds like something Babe would write about himself.

It's a popular song by Clean Bandit. Probably introduced to Jinge by Babe's family (violins and stringed instruments).

Or, yup, maybe Babe wrote that himself.

• Love 1
5 hours ago, mynextmistake said:

Ok. I still think it’s ugly. I’ve seen well-done “naked” cakes that still manage to look attractive and professional. This one has edges that look like they were hacked off with a knife for maximum crumbling, filling that is randomly dripping down the sides, and fruit “decoration” that is limp and covered in poorly-applied powdered sugar. It’s great that it’s a trendy idea, but it’s still poorly executed. But whatever, I didn’t have to serve it at my wedding. To each their own and all that. 

I scrolled back and looked at the naked cake.  You are right.  It is messy.  I guess I thought that was the look?  Rustic and sloppy. I didn't realize that it wasn't supposed to look like that. 

Well, nothing new for the Duggars. 

However, that is minor stuff like you pointed out.  Just interesting to note. 

1 hour ago, Marigold said:

I scrolled back and looked at the naked cake.  You are right.  It is messy.  I guess I thought that was the look?  Rustic and sloppy. I didn't realize that it wasn't supposed to look like that. 

Well, nothing new for the Duggars. 

However, that is minor stuff like you pointed out.  Just interesting to note. 

Well, let's see. The last Duggar wedding featured a wedding dress that fell apart before the ceremony. And even though the dressmaker was there, Jana had to sit on the floor and put it back together

I think we can safely say that the Duggars seldom manage to hire the most skilled folk to do their work. (possibly partly because they're not willing to pay the going rates? and because they mainly know a bunch of lazy idiots, because who else would hang around with them?) 

• Love 10
13 hours ago, ariel said:

If they went to a matinee, they would still have to go out to dinner afterwards & take pictures of each other.  That takes a lot of time & posing to get those pictures just right for their fans . Those darn Sunday services can get in the way of their social life & photo shoots. ;)

Priorities, right?!

• Love 5
31 minutes ago, Arwen Evenstar said:

Maybe they are realizing that clean top 40 music isn’t sinful, and that is their standard for where their agreed upon line is. It’s light years ahead of Boob.  Baby steps. 

I'd like to think that, and it seems as likely as not. On the other hand, the line quoted in the post (assuming that's the one from the song, which I'm not familiar with) is not so original a thought that he couldn't have picked it up elsewhere. Still, I guess I'm going to give him the benefit of the doubt on his one, even if it means admitting that he's more up on current music than I am!

• Love 4

I think he looks very nice, especially compared to how every other male member of the Dugger & adjacents dress.  His trousers are a very dapper windowpane pattern. 

Jinger's Instagram has a pic of them with the little boy that played Tiny Tim.  It's very cute and the boy actually has the same chin as Jinger.    

Edited by leighdear
  • Love 11
5 hours ago, Jynnan tonnix said:

I'd like to think that, and it seems as likely as not. On the other hand, the line quoted in the post (assuming that's the one from the song, which I'm not familiar with) is not so original a thought that he couldn't have picked it up elsewhere. Still, I guess I'm going to give him the benefit of the doubt on his one, even if it means admitting that he's more up on current music than I am!

It's directly lifted from a song that I used to warm up to at Zumba class. It's the closing line. 

• Love 1
On 9/15/2017 at 3:55 PM, PuhLeeze said:

And Powell's Books on Burnside in Portland. HEAVEN! 

EVERY time I'm in PDX (four times a year), I head straight to Powell's. I usually spend about 4+ hours and far too much money!

:)

• Love 8