Type keyword(s) to search

The Duggalos: Jinger and the Holy Goalie

Message added by cm-soupsipper,

Closure Notice: This Thread is now closed due to the name (and much of the posting within it). Please be mindful going forward by naming topics in a way that invites a healthy community conversation. If you name something for a cheap laugh, this thread may be closed later because it encourages discrimination and harm. 

• Start Topic

On 12/14/2017 at 6:06 PM, leighdear said:

So couldn't you just buy individual packages of those things & dump them in a bowl yourself?  I don't like popcorn, so I'd leave that out, but the other stuff just sounds like ordinary chocolate snack stuff you can find anywhere.  Am I missing something?  

Maybe other people like it? 

• Love 5
18 hours ago, leighdear said:

I think he looks very nice, especially compared to how every other male member of the Dugger & adjacents dress.  His trousers are a very dapper windowpane pattern. 

I agree. I think Jeremy has good style. He makes an effort to dress nicely as opposed to the rest of the Duggars who look like they just rolled out of bed.

• Love 21
3 hours ago, BitterApple said:

He makes an effort to dress nicely as opposed to the rest of the Duggars who look like they just rolled out of bed.

For Jinger, I think stretched out & faded second-hand store clothing items are a thing of the past.  And obviously Jeremy is fine with that.  You can tell she feels good about her new looks, and I think that's endearing.  

• Love 10

Jeremy is not my cup of tea for a zillion reasons, but, he looks clean and well groomed.  So does Jinger except she needs a hair trim.  Nothing wrong with a  man caring about his appearance.  It doesn't seem like he does this at the expense of Jinger.  

• Love 13

It's no secret that I don't like Jeremy but even I admit, he is moving down my list.  I despise Derick and Cathy Dillard much now.  I hate liars and I hate those who enable liars. 

Jeremy comes off as impressed with himself but at least he is clean, educated and treats Jinger well (from what we can see). 

• Love 20
1 hour ago, MonicaM said:

They're getting what they deserve.  They're traveling, going to shows, dressing in stylish clothes, and they have their own house far from prying Duggar eyes.  They seem to be genuinely enjoying getting to know each other better as opposed to racing to the maternity ward.  If the rest of the clan weren't so brainwashed, they would want this kind of freedom as well.  

I just hope it's their decision and that they aren't trying to get pregnant and it's not happening for them .

• Love 8
On ‎12‎/‎16‎/‎2017 at 6:33 PM, TigerLily20 said:

I do think the wedding toppers are cute and one things for certain I guess they are getting their moneys worth out of them?  I know a couple who are RVing across the US and she does something similar to those pictures, even the same type of "Little People" she had made of her and her husband.  Every new place they go to she takes a picture with those little wooden people...maybe it's a thing now? 

Could be.  But it seems to me that you have to be a couple who choose not to have real jobs, and still don't know how to cook.

• Love 6

I know plenty of secularly minded people with good to great jobs who don’t know a thing about cooking, and would be appalled if they were expected to cook their own meals.  Either because that’s for the cook/housekeeper to do; or because when you make a good salary in New York City and have twelve different kinds of cuisine available to you in a six block radius, why would you bother cooking unless you had to?

me, I think it’s lazy to boast of the inability to cook and a sign of accomplishment for anyone male or female to be able to do so; but I don’t think choosing not to cook every meal is a badge of incompetence either.

• Love 12

Yet we've seen Jinger making breakfast burritos and fajitas on the show.  She obviously knows how to follow a recipe.  Why instagram dinner at home when that's probably something normal for them and eating out on a trip is maybe still special?

• Love 10
15 hours ago, queenanne said:

I know plenty of secularly minded people with good to great jobs who don’t know a thing about cooking, and would be appalled if they were expected to cook their own meals.  Either because that’s for the cook/housekeeper to do; or because when you make a good salary in New York City and have twelve different kinds of cuisine available to you in a six block radius, why would you bother cooking unless you had to?

Why are you singling out "|secularly minded" people for not liking to cook?  Are only people of a certain flavor of faith know for their love for cooking?

On 12/18/2017 at 10:09 PM, MonicaM said:

They're getting what they deserve.  They're traveling, going to shows, dressing in stylish clothes, and they have their own house far from prying Duggar eyes.  They seem to be genuinely enjoying getting to know each other better as opposed to racing to the maternity ward.  If the rest of the clan weren't so brainwashed, they would want this kind of freedom as well.  

It's sad that Jinger and Baaaaabe had to rush to the altar in order to gain those privileges. The fact they had to sign a legally binding contract is still astounding. They could have done most of those things without being married if they hadn't been inside the super fundamentalist Christianity bubble.

Jeremy and Jinger had a fairly short courtship and engagement so at least they're going through those developmental milestones before organizing an army for Jesus. Granted Jeremy says on the website they've known each other since one of the missionary trips to El Salvador and he made his intentions known to "get to know Jinger" at the end of 2015 so maybe they knew each other a bit better? Hard to say with these people.

• Love 3
On ‎12‎/‎19‎/‎2017 at 7:58 PM, leighdear said:

I refuse to bash them just because she is a Duggar and he's married to her. I will however bash Jill & Derwood, because I cannot abide their smug, self-righteous and bitter bullshit.   But that's just me.

In my humble opinion, Jinger is the winner in the husbands sweepstake, and that includes the Bates girls.  Which begs the question, are those girls really tiny or are the husbands just oversize?

• Love 9
49 minutes ago, Adeejay said:

In my humble opinion, Jinger is the winner in the husbands sweepstake, and that includes the Bates girls.  Which begs the question, are those girls really tiny or are the husbands just oversize?

There is a comment I want to make, but I do not want to become the permanent person in the prayer closet. So much snarking, so little time.

2 hours ago, Lunera said:

If my headship posted something like this I'd laugh. It sounds like one of Ben's sappy love letters to Jessa when they were still courting. You know, I don't think Derick has never mentioned anything about Jill's beauty. At least the spark is still alive in this marriage. 

She does look very pretty here.

Derrick said something one time about how jill wasn't that much to look at, but had a heart for God! It was some verse like that, and it said, "this is my wife!" or something insulting along those lines. 

• Love 8

That is a great picture of her. I know I'm a hater for this but I usually find Jinger's face a bit...off. She looks really pretty there. I think she's one of those people who grows into her looks and gets better looking as she gets older. 

• Love 15
21 minutes ago, Christina87 said:

Derrick said something one time about how jill wasn't that much to look at, but had a heart for God! It was some verse like that, and it said, "this is my wife!" or something insulting along those lines. 

He did?!! Wow. I’m not someone who thinks a man needs to constantly hush about how attractive his wife is, but jolly, what newlywed thinks to post something like that?!

• Love 3
1 hour ago, Scarlett45 said:

He did?!! Wow. I’m not someone who thinks a man needs to constantly hush about how attractive his wife is, but jolly, what newlywed thinks to post something like that?!

Yeah, it could be taken in a super insulting way!!! It was some Bible verse that basically said, "the woman with a heart for God is much better than the woman who adorns herself in a pretty way" or something along those lines. He posted it and said, "this is you, baby!" and tagged her. I remember we all found it super insulting at the time, and POSSIBLY a dig at Jessa. 

• Love 5

Jin still wears too much eyeliner (for my taste) but she's at least laying off the raccoon eyes.  She really did look lovely in the close-up.  

Jer tries too hard, and ends up seeming sappy.  He beats the hell out of Dillweed, though, and that's a big plus.

• Love 16

Maybe I have missed something but it seems in the past few weeks, we are seeing more of Jeremy and not JereME.

Who knows, maybe he did a little googling and reflected on a few comments he saw.  Or maybe Derick is making him sick too and he is trying out a new style of posting...a bit more mature.  

• Love 11

Jinger writing...

Dear Diary-

My second birthday as a married and Jerahme was so attentive and thoughtful.

We went to CeeCee's Pizza so Preacherman could eat his fill of pizza and I watched him enjoy himself pound down slice after slice...his moans of delight were enough nourishment for me...sipping warm water and patting my concave stomach.

Then we came home where he surprised me with a Christmas Teleflora centerpiece.

The one with the taper candle and pine cones that you send your grandparents and lucky birthday girls....

Dinner and dessert by candlelight so romantic.

I allowed myself to lick a dark chocolate bonbon and take a teensy bite of the white chocolate bonbon instead of germy cake that Josie put her grimy fingers into the batter and no telling which howler sneezed on it when they were decorating it.

24 years old and loving my life.....too bad we have to high tail it up to Arkansas to see the family for the holidays but just a day or two and we slip away and no one is the wiser....

Edited by humbleopinion
  • Love 9
3 hours ago, Scarlett45 said:

I don't think he was a newlywed. Not sure how long  the newlywed period is, but I've usually heard a year. I think that was last year (2016), but maybe the year before? Anyway it was in the fall, and they already had the baby so not newly weds. 

As for Jinger and Jeremy, very nice.  Happy 24th Jinger!

• Love 1

Jinger looks lovely in that close-up.  Her hair does look to be in better condition and is attractively styled.  She can definitely pull off the cat-eye liner, so I say she should flaunt it! 

No matter his beliefs or preachings, Jeremy is fully committed to putting Jinger out front in the spotlight, with words of adoration directed straight at her.  No contest, he DOMINATES the spousal appreciation postings. 

Whether it's a bit for show or totally legit, I think it's still very sweet to see, especially compared to the pious and judgmental crap that comes from the Dullards and the progeny-obsessed twaddle produced by the Seeweirds. 

• Love 24

And he set the table correctly!!!  Maybe he took cotillion as a kid. That’s a very nice birthday with obvious thought and effort put into it. All other things aside, I’m happy for her and for them.   

Hmmm...looking closer there’s a second bottle on the table. Hope it’s wine. 

Edited by Mojitogirl
  • Love 15
19 minutes ago, Temperance said:

I don't think he was a newlywed. Not sure how long  the newlywed period is, but I've usually heard a year. I think that was last year (2016), but maybe the year before? Anyway it was in the fall, and they already had the baby so not newly weds. 

As for Jinger and Jeremy, very nice.  Happy 24th Jinger!

I thought someone was a newlywed for 2yrs after the wedding. 

But still- not as if they’ve been married 40yrs and she knows he was just joking, they barely knew each other during courtship, he should’ve still been in the infatuation stage not criticizing her looks (even in jest!). 

Happy Birthday to Jinger. Seems that Jeremy planned a nice meal for her, something SHE would want on her day. 

Edited by Scarlett45
  • Love 3
3 hours ago, loloandco said:

Sparkling cider you say? Sure, I believe you. But it's in a champagne glass. Baby steps. You're almost there.

The bottle has a champagne cork in it, too. I zoomed in as far as I could but couldn't read the label.

• Love 2