Type keyword(s) to search

Party of One: Unpopular TV Opinions

• Start Topic

On 7/13/2018 at 4:54 AM, Blergh said:

My UO re I Love Lucy? While Miss Ball's and Miss Vance's crazy stunts and comedy were highlighted and were a great boon, I wished they'd have let Mr. Arzaz and Mr. Frawley be more than foils or straight men more often!

Arnaz did have some great scenes to himself, like the Spanglish "Little Red Riding Hood," so I agree with you there, but I don't think Frawley wanted to do much more than he already did. According to one story about him, he was different from most actors in griping about getting too many lines instead of too few. He wasn't happy about the episode where he and Lucy ride the Staten Island Ferry and she takes too many Dramamines.

• Love 2
23 hours ago, proserpina65 said:

I think Shakespeare In Love is a much better movie than Saving Private Ryan.

I don't know about "better" but I certainly prefer it.  SiL is one of those movies I watch whenever I see it listed.  So joyful.  And I love listening for all the Shakespeare quotes peppered in the script.

• Love 4

Because it's coming back. I was never much into Filoni's The Clone Wars. I always preferred Tartakovsky's Clone Wars. TCW had some arcs I liked. Geonosis/Zombies, Mortis, and the closing Yoda arc. But on the whole, not much. I tried Rebels, and it didn't click for me. I'm just not into Filoni's work, and I'd rather he not be involved with Star Wars any futher.

I think the Netflix series Stranger Things sucks, and that its success is owed to nothing more than PR hype and the diminished standards of modern audiences.  I also don't get the fuss being made over one of its stars, Millie Bobby Brown, who, at best, delivers a merely adequate performance.   And does anyone really give a shit about Winona Ryder anymore?

• Love 10
58 minutes ago, millennium said:

I think the Netflix series Stranger Things sucks, and that its success is owed to nothing more than PR hype and the diminished standards of modern audiences.  I also don't get the fuss being made over one of its stars, Millie Bobby Brown, who, at best, delivers a merely adequate performance.   And does anyone really give a shit about Winona Ryder anymore?

I don’t give a shit about Winona Ryder anymore, but I do think Millie Bobby Brown is the best part of the show. I was blown away by her the first season. Maybe it’s just in comparison to Winona Ryder though? She’s awful. 

(edited)

I think Gwyneth deserved her Oscar and Cate Blanchett is extremely overrated. 

Back to tv, I have no problems with commercial breaks. I think shows are made differently because of them, some to my own enjoyment. A lot of my favourite sitcoms from the past came from all of those 30 second credits scenes. 

Edited by memememe76
  • Love 2
(edited)
1 hour ago, millennium said:

While I don't think it sucks, I do think it is overrated--and very forgettable. I've watched both seasons and don't remember much, which is unusual for me. During the first season, I remember a lot of comments about the acting ability of the kids. On one discussion site there was a post that read something like: "How good are those kid actors?" My first thought was: "Outside of Brown, not very good." Didn't really change for me in season 2.

I can give or take Ryder. She's an OK actress, but she seems to act kind of weird whenever she appears in person now. A lot of facial expressions. Maybe she always did that I never noticed. But I find it incredibly annoying.

Edited by WritinMan
Added stuff!
On 7/18/2018 at 1:44 PM, OtterMommy said:

I'm not too upset about the guest role nominees, but the "limited series" is the one that has me scratching my head.  To me, that means a short, 1 season series--what used to be called a mini-series a couple of decades ago.  Last year, Big Little Lies won, which seemed right--until it was announced that BLL was coming back for a second season.  I fail to see how "limited" that is!

I think there should be a rule that you can compete in the limited series category once.  But if you do a second season with many of the same characters played by the same actors, you can't compete in it again.  And you can't switch to the regular series awards the following year either. *

*The exception to me would be true anthology series like Fargo which basically has a new cast and new characters (and if the previous characters exist, they're played by different actors at different time periods. 

On 7/16/2018 at 6:41 PM, ABay said:

I couldn't get into Killing Eve.

I really liked the first two or three episodes but there was a specific event I hated and then I felt the show lost the plot (or maybe I realized it didn't really have one) in the subsequent episodes. I couldn't figure out why it kept being beloved by critics.*

*Although I do sometimes think critics fall into ruts once they like or hate a show.  It takes a lot for them to go---"wait a minute....."

• Love 4
10 hours ago, memememe76 said:

Back to tv, I have no problems with commercial breaks. I think shows are made differently because of them, some to my own enjoyment. A lot of my favourite sitcoms from the past came from all of those 30 second credits scenes. 

I agree when we transitioned from fast forwarding the tape to no commercials at all many shows lost their flow and that filler shot used to burn a few seconds before the next commercial break without a break shown makes transitions  seem odd as you wait for a scene establishing shot

• Love 2

Re: Stranger Things

I desperately wish Stranger Things was an anthology show like American Horror Story or Fargo. Frankly, I'm sick of all the characters, even the much-loved Eleven. I also loathe the trope of "kids are brilliant and wonderful and adults are stupid, corrupt, and/or useless". Oh, I'm not saying this is never true... but why does it always have to apply?! If adults don't have all the answers, kids sure as hell don't! 

I personally don't find the kids noticeably smarter or nobler at all.Eleven dicked around with Mike's mind for the better part of a year, and got all pissy just because he interacted with another girl.  Lucas stalked and harassed Max*, and suffers no consequences whatsoever.  Dustin kept a fucking demogorgon as a pet, caring not a whit for the danger he put everyone in (no words for how stupid that was). Jonathan's Nice Guy tendencies have never been addressed, and can someone put a damned bell around Will's neck already?!?! And Nancy... okay, no fair, Nancy just annoys me.

No, I'm not saying the kids shouldn't have flaws, I'm just saying they shouldn't be framed as these precious beings with preternatural wisdom. They're children, and therefore only human, as are the adults.

* A note to writers: Giving your female character a masculine name does NOT automatically make her likable or interesting. If anything, it's now cliched and reeks of desperation. You've got to work harder than that if you want me to give a crap about your characters. 

• Love 8
14 hours ago, WritinMan said:

While I don't think it sucks, I do think it is overrated--and very forgettable.

I agree about the overrated aspect and that I think it's the main thing hurting the show - the hype.  Without the hype, I think most would be fine with it being an enjoyable and fun show and the backlash would be minimal. I personally don't find it forgettable and have really enjoyed both seasons. That said, I came away from both seasons feeling like it's a good, fun and well done show, which is a good thing. But the hype is so much that I think some go in with such high expectations that there is the inevitable, "that's it? That's what all this fuss is about?"

3 hours ago, Wiendish Fitch said:

Frankly, I'm sick of all the characters, even the much-loved Eleven. I also loathe the trope of "kids are brilliant and wonderful and adults are stupid, corrupt, and/or useless".

YMMV but I don't feel like the show employs that trope. Yes, Eleven has been the key to stopping the demogorgon and Mike and company have helped, after befriending her, but I'd say Hopper especially has been shown to be very smart and very capable. And yes, Winona's character Joyce has spent two seasons crying a lot about her boy, but I wouldn't call her entirely useless. She could have just accepted he was dead like everyone told her to in Season 1 but right from the start, she knew there was something bigger going on. I think Season 2 in fact did a good job integrating the adult characters and the kid characters. Yes, Mike, Lucas and Dustin's parents all remain clueless but I feel like in shows like these, it works better when less people know the big secrets. I find things become more convoluted when more and more characters are integrated into the story/mystery.

3 hours ago, Wiendish Fitch said:

No, I'm not saying the kids shouldn't have flaws, I'm just saying they shouldn't be framed as these precious beings with preternatural wisdom. They're children, and therefore only human, as are the adults.

But I don't feel like the show has shown that. In fact, in my opinion, the things you listed was there to show that these kids weren't perfect. I don't think Eleven almost hurting Max was meant to be a positive thing. But she is a kid, one who has no real social skills having grown up in a lab and the point was to show how she was growing up and unable to control her feelings. Hence her big argument with Hopper. Dustin was yelled at by the others for keeping the demogorgon and he knew he made a mistake when the thing ate his cat. The point is that they are kids and so they make dumb, selfish, inconsiderate decisions at times. 

• Love 13
5 hours ago, truthaboutluv said:

Dustin was yelled at by the others for keeping the demogorgon and he knew he made a mistake when the thing ate his cat. The point is that they are kids and so they make dumb, selfish, inconsiderate decisions at times. 

I dunno, I've seen people suffer harsher repercussions for farting in an elevator than Dustin got for keeping a demogorgon as a pet, even though he knew full well what it was and what it was capable of doing. I swear the writers thought they were remaking Old Yeller with that storyline.

Spoiler

For God's sake, at least Travis had the balls to kill the damn dog.

I hated that we were supposed to find it touching that he said goodbye to Dart when it seemed to recognize him. No, Dustin, Dart does not care about you, he's just thinking, "Eh, I'll eat that thing later". 

Still, your counterarguments are more than fair. We'll just agree to disagree, and I might sit out the third season.

Here's another Classic UO:

I know he's dead and I'm sorry about that. However; that doesn't change the fact that (apart from those rare occasions when he was following others' scripts), I NEVER liked George Carlin and consider his encouragement of crudity and profanity, etc. in the name of entertainment to be a significant contributing factor to large portions' of our population current contempt for civility.

• Love 5
On ‎7‎/‎21‎/‎2018 at 9:18 PM, memememe76 said:

The biggest gripe with commercial breaks comes from older TV shows on TVLAND, METV etc, adding additional breaks where there once were none.  It's especially irritating when they cut entire scenes necessary for plot purposes.  But the worst of the worst was what one local, late night channel used to do with movies years ago.  They would cut to break in the middle of a character's sentence and, after multiple commercials, resume the film where the character left off.  

• Love 12
14 minutes ago, MissAlmond said:

But the worst of the worst was what one local, late night channel used to do with movies years ago.  They would cut to break in the middle of a character's sentence and, after multiple commercials, resume the film where the character left off.  

Not just movies. I remember in the early '90s when we got the PAX channel and they were airing Scarecrow & Mrs. King--they'd cut right into the middle of the dialogue that either Amanda or Lee would be saying, and when they returned, it wouldn't be to the same scene!

• Love 3
12 minutes ago, GHScorpiosRule said:

Not just movies. I remember in the early '90s when we got the PAX channel and they were airing Scarecrow & Mrs. King--they'd cut right into the middle of the dialogue that either Amanda or Lee would be saying, and when they returned, it wouldn't be to the same scene!

Yes!  I've seen that happen too and it's even crazier!  

• Love 3
3 hours ago, Blergh said:

Here's another Classic UO:

I know he's dead and I'm sorry about that. However; that doesn't change the fact that (apart from those rare occasions when he was following others' scripts), I NEVER liked George Carlin and consider his encouragement of crudity and profanity, etc. in the name of entertainment to be a significant contributing factor to large portions' of our population current contempt for civility.

I thought he was very funny when he was younger. But eventually he just became kind of a bitter old man yelling at people to stay off his lawn. Although many people still thought he was funny as ever. I didn't see it anymore.

• Love 4
1 hour ago, WritinMan said:

I thought he was very funny when he was younger. But eventually he just became kind of a bitter old man yelling at people to stay off his lawn. Although many people still thought he was funny as ever. I didn't see it anymore.

His humor was more hit or miss when he got older.  Mostly okay, sometimes awful, sometimes still brilliantly funny.

• Love 6

Re: George Carlin.

I'm in complete agreement. What's frustrating is that he made a lot of good points; hell, I would even say he was right most of the time... but did he have to be such a shrill, pissy, sanctimonious, downright hateful dick about it?!?! For such a staunch atheist, Carlin sure wasn't above the fire and brimstone preacher method of... I hesitate to call it comedy, because I always felt I was being lectured rather than entertained. I've never laughed at anything that man said, not once.

Now, comics like Chris Rock, Patton Oswalt, and Lewis Black are also angry and acerbic (though Oswalt has lightened up a bit in recent years), but what makes their comedy more effective is that they don't act as though they're superior to us sheep and peons. They aren't above the occasional bit of self-deprecating humor. They also can occasionally take the chips off their shoulders and talk about fun things once in a while. Carlin never did that, and he just came off a self-righteous asshole as a result, IMO. 

But then again, I'm the loser who never was all that impressed with Richard Pryor, so what do I know?

• Love 7
32 minutes ago, Wiendish Fitch said:

But then again, I'm the loser who never was all that impressed with Richard Pryor, so what do I know?

Blasphemer!

Seriously, though, comedy, like many other things, is subjective.

• Love 5
On ‎7‎/‎22‎/‎2018 at 9:57 AM, Wiendish Fitch said:

Re: Stranger Things

I desperately wish Stranger Things was an anthology show like American Horror Story or Fargo. Frankly, I'm sick of all the characters, even the much-loved Eleven. I also loathe the trope of "kids are brilliant and wonderful and adults are stupid, corrupt, and/or useless". Oh, I'm not saying this is never true... but why does it always have to apply?! If adults don't have all the answers, kids sure as hell don't! 

I personally don't find the kids noticeably smarter or nobler at all.

* A note to writers: Giving your female character a masculine name does NOT automatically make her likable or interesting. If anything, it's now cliched and reeks of desperation. You've got to work harder than that if you want me to give a crap about your characters. 

I just got sucked into a wormhole and got spit out circa the late 90's in a Dawson's Creek message board.  I have read this post before.

• Love 1

Andy Cohen is a garbage human and the Real Housewives franchise is horrifyingly misogynistic. And it makes me think less of Anderson Cooper that he is friends with Andy Cohen.

And here's one I think I might be entirely alone on: I dislike most of HBO's original programming. When I see HBO I don't think "oh, that'll be quality programming." I think "oh, that'll be sex and violence and horrible assholes." With the exception of Last Week Tonight, HBO is basically what would happen if an edgelord became a cable channel.

• Love 15
15 hours ago, MissAlmond said:

The biggest gripe with commercial breaks comes from older TV shows on TVLAND, METV etc, adding additional breaks where there once were none.  It's especially irritating when they cut entire scenes necessary for plot purposes.  But the worst of the worst was what one local, late night channel used to do with movies years ago.  They would cut to break in the middle of a character's sentence and, after multiple commercials, resume the film where the character left off.  

That's part of my biggest gripe about them cutting entire scenes on TVLAND, METV and other cable networks. These are not networks that have to make sure their airing the news at certain times of the day.  They survive mostly on reruns of old shows and movies. So why do they need to cut scenes in the first place? Is a two minute scene really going to hurt them? A five minute? In a network that airs reruns 24/7, 365 days a year.  There's no reason that they can't find time to air the commercials they need and the shows with all their scenes or movies at the full length.

• Love 5
3 hours ago, BabyVegas said:

And here's one I think I might be entirely alone on: I dislike most of HBO's original programming. When I see HBO I don't think "oh, that'll be quality programming." I think "oh, that'll be sex and violence and horrible assholes." With the exception of Last Week Tonight, HBO is basically what would happen if an edgelord became a cable channel.

I agree with this. I can count on one hand the number of HBO shows that I watched and actually liked enough to continue watching. And one of this shows was Big Love which probably has the smallest amount of nudity and swearwords of all shows that ever aired on HBO.

• Love 3
2 hours ago, paulvdb said:

I agree with this. I can count on one hand the number of HBO shows that I watched and actually liked enough to continue watching. And one of this shows was Big Love which probably has the smallest amount of nudity and swearwords of all shows that ever aired on HBO.

I watch a certain show, where people are always saying that they wish it was on HBO so there could be more swearing and gore.  Neither of those things is likely to increase my enjoyment of the show (just the opposite, actually), so I guess I'm glad it's not.  Plus, I don't get HBO.

• Love 6
7 hours ago, andromeda331 said:

That's part of my biggest gripe about them cutting entire scenes on TVLAND, METV and other cable networks. These are not networks that have to make sure their airing the news at certain times of the day.  They survive mostly on reruns of old shows and movies. So why do they need to cut scenes in the first place? Is a two minute scene really going to hurt them? A five minute? In a network that airs reruns 24/7, 365 days a year.  There's no reason that they can't find time to air the commercials they need and the shows with all their scenes or movies at the full length.

They also time compress so at times the actors sound like they're high on helium.  

• Love 3
(edited)

I agree about HBO. My UO related to that is that I'm not drawn to shows that "challenge" me.  I don't like constant time jumps, hallucinations, flashbacks, unreliable narrators, or plots where I'm never sure what the hell is happening. I don't care to spend my relaxation hours watching depressing, gritty, "realistic" shows full of arguments, violence and emotional turmoil that leave me feeling wrung out and upset.

If ratings are any indication, that opinion is mostly unpopular on sites devoted to TV criticism and fandom; I think the general population is probably more on my side.

A corollary -- if TV critics as a whole really love something, I probably don't. They're drawn to innovative shows shows that push boundaries. I like Young Sheldon, So You Think You Can Dance, and veterinary shows.

Edited by 2727
  • Love 7
8 hours ago, andromeda331 said:

Sometimes they do have them run over.  But, a lot of people aren't going to start watching a show at 8:20, or 9:16, and they have to be mindful of that also.

• Love 1
3 hours ago, 2727 said:

I agree about HBO. My UO related to that is that I'm not drawn to shows that "challenge" me.  I don't like constant time jumps, hallucinations, flashbacks, unreliable narrators, or plots where I'm never sure what the hell is happening. I don't care to spend my relaxation hours watching depressing, gritty, "realistic" shows full of arguments, violence and emotional turmoil that leave me feeling wrung out and upset.

If ratings are any indication, that opinion is mostly unpopular on sites devoted to TV criticism and fandom; I think the general population is probably more on my side.

A corollary -- if TV critics as a whole really love something, I probably don't. They're drawn to innovative shows shows that push boundaries. I like Young Sheldon, So You Think You Can Dance, and veterinary shows.

I just want to relax and laugh, watch people who are really good at things and occasionally watch people make idiots of themselves. I often like the shows that supposedly only stupid people with no taste like (at least if you read what people write online).

• Love 5
3 hours ago, auntlada said:

I often like the shows that supposedly only stupid people with no taste like (at least if you read what people write online).

Oh, god, yeah, I get so annoyed with that attitude whenever it pops up online. I don't know when people decided that the types of shows one watched automatically determined their level of intelligence, but that mindset really needs to die already. The people who say stuff like that always wind up sounding like complete tools. At the end of the day, it's all just a form of entertainment and I wish more people would realize that.

I don't care whether or not a show is critically acclaimed or what network/online service it's on. So long as I'm invested in the characters and the stories they tell are interesting, that's the most important thing for me. 

• Love 7
15 hours ago, BabyVegas said:

6 hours ago, 2727 said:

It's not just HBO, it's all of them.  Back just before the second season of 24, we found out that a friend enjoyed it, too, so we started a tradition of having her come over once a week to watch it.  We've been getting together once a week ever since to watch  tv shows.   When we got Netflix, it got easier to do so because we had more choices.  Now, we have Amazon Prime, Starz, Netflix and Hulu, plus some recordings off of cable stations.  The original streaming shows have gotten so bad that when we came to the end of Bosch (not too bad at all) and are coming to the end of Counterpart (we watch 1 episode of two shows each week. One scene even had my  rarely embarrassed husband uncomfortable to watch with our friend here.), I finally put my foot down.  It's not so much that I mind sex and violence when I'm alone or with my husband, it's that I don't enjoy watching explicit sex with mixed company.  So, I started researching some shows that sounded good and were getting rave reviews and, I kid you not, every single one of them had a few explicit sex scenes in them.  When I told them how I felt, they agreed to watch something from a basic channel.  We started White Collar and I'm so happy that not only do I feel comfortable watching it, but it's simple!  I don't mind a clever, intelligent, sophisticated  plot, like in  Counterpart, but it is hard for me to follow, so it's nice to have a break from it, just to rest my brain. 

• Love 7
4 hours ago, Spartan Girl said:

Not sure if this counts as an UO, but I wanna make something crystal clear:

I will NEVER forgive ABC for cancelling The Muppets.

I agree especially  because the show improved since the premiere.

• Love 7
(edited)

I guess I'll sit alone at the table when I say, proudly and wholeheartedly.....I absolutely HATED the Golden Girls, never found it funny at...all!!

There was only one, ONE eppy that was good, the one where Blanche's overweight daughter had a prick of a fiance and everyone tried to talk her out of marrying him.  Other than that:

Also, I hate dippy, stupid characters (Rose, Synclaire from Living Single, Chrissy from Three's Company)....the only moron I like is Kelly Bundy from Married...with Children.

Edited by Vixenstud
  • Love 6
35 minutes ago, Vixenstud said:

Also, I hate dippy, stupid characters (Rose, Synclaire from Living Single, Chrissy from Three's Company)....the only moron I like is Kelly Bundy from Married...with Children.

I hate them, too.  Sometimes, though, I like them in the first season, but then shows runners usually have them get even dumber in later seasons, and I stop liking them.  I never watched Married With Children, but one of the very few dumb characters I liked all the way through was Andy Dwyer from Park and Rec.

• Love 9
3 hours ago, Vixenstud said:

I guess I'll sit alone at the table when I say, proudly and wholeheartedly.....I absolutely HATED the Golden Girls, never found it funny at...all!!

There was only one, ONE eppy that was good, the one where Blanche's overweight daughter had a prick of a fiance and everyone tried to talk her out of marrying him.  Other than that:

I disliked that episode because the girls weren't any nicer to her. They all made horrible comments about hers weigh but we were suppose to think they were better because they talked her out of marrying the prick? No wonder she had no self-esteem if she'd been treated like that by everyone its no surprise she ended up engaged to asshole. One thing I did like about the show (except for them changing actresses) was later when she decided to become a single parent. Rebecca was the first character I seen that chose to become a single parent. I knew a lot in real life but they were always the husband or boyfriend bailed or adopted a kid. Here was someone who chose to be a single parent, went to a sperm bank, got pregnant and had a baby. It was really nice to see.    

• Love 5
4 hours ago, Vixenstud said:

I will gladly join you at that table. I loathed that show.  And the fact that these 4 characters were supposed be in their 50s is laughable.  I just turned 53 and they look like they could be my mothers. 

• Love 5
6 hours ago, Vixenstud said:

My exception to that is Kate from United States of Tara, who is actually not stupid. She just has some subplots where she's horribly naive. And they actually let her grow as a character- her totally acing her flight attendant 'final exam' was one of those 'Hell yeah!' moments of the whole series. 

Unpopular opinion- I watched United States of Tara almost entirely for Kate (Brie Larson) and Marshall, who were far more interesting than the grown up leads on the show. 

• Love 1
6 hours ago, Vixenstud said:

You will not sit alone and I'll level but the drinks and we can bitch about how the show was it crap and how insufferable Dorothy is. I can't really stand end of them but she's the worst. 

Lol, I also love Kelly. Looking back that is one show I can watch over and over.

• Love 2
11 hours ago, Maharincess said:

And the fact that these 4 characters were supposed be in their 50s is laughable.  I just turned 53 and they look like they could be my mothers. 

Rue McLanahan was 51 wen the show started, so I doubt she could have been your now-mother at that point.  Yeah, I tink the other two were in their 60s.  Probably still not your mother.  And Sophia was Dorothy's mother.  So, not in her 50s.

• Love 9
9 hours ago, selkie said:

My exception to that is Kate from United States of Tara, who is actually not stupid. She just has some subplots where she's horribly naive. And they actually let her grow as a character- her totally acing her flight attendant 'final exam' was one of those 'Hell yeah!' moments of the whole series. 

Unpopular opinion- I watched United States of Tara almost entirely for Kate (Brie Larson) and Marshall, who were far more interesting than the grown up leads on the show. 

I only watched the third season because Eddie Izzard was in it. I liked it, but had no desire to watch the first two.

• Love 1
2 hours ago, Vixenstud said:

Forgot to mention.....I have never seen, nor do I intend to see an episode of Friends.

You’re not missing much, IMHO. Joey and Phoebe made me laugh sometimes, and it’s always nice to see Aisha Tyler. But I was never a fan or a consistent watcher. But I simply can’t avoid it on late night tv. So I’m impressed that you’ve never seen it. 

• Love 4
3 hours ago, Vixenstud said:

Forgot to mention.....I have never seen, nor do I intend to see an episode of Friends.

Is there space on your desert island for me to set up camp? I REALLY wish I could say the same!

• Love 5
3 minutes ago, Blergh said:

Is there space on your desert island for me to set up camp? I REALLY wish I could say the same!

Perhaps....I also don't care for the Dick Van Dyke/Mary Tyler Moore Shows, I didn't find them funny at all.

I watched some of the show Friends back when it was first aired. Wasn't my thing. My better half loves it and I have been watching some with her. The first episode I watched was Monica getting mad at Chandler for not wanting to spend his entire life savings on their wedding. Chandler finally folds and tells princess she can have whatever she wants. Umm. No bitch. 

Cheers.. Used to have to catch this from time to time when my parents watched. Carla and Woody were funny. But it bored me to tears. And Lilith and Frasier have always creeped me out.

MASH... Another show I have been watching with the better half. So much overacting. It's like watching a group of pretentious drama school kids. So much hamming. And how it randomly cuts out and ends at the weirdest moments. Though I find Alan Alda a gem, I couldn't stand his character. I couldn't stand most of them to be honest. I did like Trapper and Potter though.

And as always.. I cannot leave out Johnny Galecki. I'm sure he's a nice guy. But I can't stand his acting. Whine whine whine whine!

Criminal Minds.. I like this show. But cannot stand Dr. Spencer Reid and his smarmy self. And his gun is almost as big as him. I find him ridiculous. Very smart yes. But ridiculous.

King of the Hill was solid until the end. They had clunkers in there. But I watched it beginning to end. The Simpsons after 2000, didn't come close to KOTH. 

Mom... Though this might not be unpopular. I'm glad they ditched the kids and focused on the ladies in the group. Wish they'd also get rid of Adam. 

• Love 2