Type keyword(s) to search

Party of One: Unpopular TV Opinions

• Start Topic

1 hour ago, Annber03 said:

If I hate a show that much, I figure I wouldn't care anymore about how it ends. 

What I really do if it comes to me hating a show I've loved, I'll stop watching and come back for the finale.  Or maybe each season finale. That way I'm not wasting an hour each week, but an hour a year.

• Love 6

It becomes a kind of groupthink, I think - a shared experience of all suffering together. Therefore even if, on our own, we might dislike a show we're watching, we probably wouldn't be so over-the-top vocal about it if we weren't secretly enjoying the experience of savagely tearing it apart with likeminded people and the consequence of it drawing us closer together as a community. That's a very, very old evolutionary instinct that's pretty much the basis of a lot of Internet (not to mention real-life) interaction. Human beings have always found it easier to be cruel or angry in groups.

• Love 13
(edited)
3 hours ago, Miss Dee said:

It becomes a kind of groupthink, I think - a shared experience of all suffering together. Therefore even if, on our own, we might dislike a show we're watching, we probably wouldn't be so over-the-top vocal about it if we weren't secretly enjoying the experience of savagely tearing it apart with likeminded people and the consequence of it drawing us closer together as a community. That's a very, very old evolutionary instinct that's pretty much the basis of a lot of Internet (not to mention real-life) interaction. Human beings have always found it easier to be cruel or angry in groups.

I understand that, I really do, which is why I suggested a "Hate Watchers" thread.  I wish I was the type of person who could let it slide, but I'm not and honestly, sometimes I feel like maybe there's something wrong with me for enjoying a show that obviously, according to most others, sucks.  As long as I'm putting it out there, and since this is the unpopular opinions thread, the shows that I like that everyone online seem to hate are:  Code Black, The Blacklist and Designated Survivor.  I read these threads more than once and have come to the conclusion that I must be some kind of moron because I can't understand how bad they are. I know they have flaws and still enjoy them.   This circles back to another UO that's already been discussed:  I don't give a damn if something isn't how it would be in real life.  I can set aside disbelief to enjoy an over the top show.  As an example, I've been on a jury and seen real life coverage of trials and I can assure you that if law dramas were like real court rooms, I'd be bored stiff watching them on tv.  I can also guarantee the same for the CSI shows and others like them--I talked to the woman dusting for finger prints in our house after it was broken into and based on what she said about her job?  Yawn.

Edited by Shannon L.
  • Love 6
3 minutes ago, Shannon L. said:

I understand that, I really do, which is why I suggested a "Hate Watchers" thread.  I wish I was the type of person who could let it slide, but I'm not and honestly, sometimes I feel like maybe there's something wrong with me for enjoying a show that obviously, according to most others, sucks.  As long as I'm putting it out there, and since this is the unpopular opinions thread, the shows that I like that everyone online seem to hate are:  Code Black, The Blacklist and Designated Survivor.  I read these threads more than once and have come to the conclusion that I must be some kind of moron because I can't understand how bad they are. I know they have flaws and still enjoy them.   This circles back to another UO that's already been discussed:  I don't give a damn if something isn't how it would be in real life.  I can set aside disbelief to enjoy an over the top show.  As an example, I've been on a jury and seen real life coverage of trials and I can assure you that if law dramas were like real court rooms, I'd be bored stiff watching them on tv.  I can also guarantee the same for the CSI shows and others like them--I talked to the woman dusting for finger prints in our house after it was broken into and based on what she said about her job?  Yawn.

Agreed with this. I feel kinda the same about the show Salvation - I know the writing isn't the best (and I honestly don't care if the science/technology element is exaggerated), but I find it fun to watch anyway, which makes the episode threads here a depressing place to visit when I want to have a meaningful discussion only to find that everyone else here apparently watched only in search of reasons to criticise and has no interest whatsoever in actually discussing the storylines or characters.

• Love 3
(edited)

For me, a large part of why I focus on the positive aspects of shows I watch online is because with most of the shows I watch, people I know offline either don't watch them or have never even heard of them. Online communities are about the only places I can really find other fans. And so when I'm in a fan community, I much prefer to focus on the good stuff about a show, instead of spend my time griping about this and that. I've got enough real life stuff to stress and vent about, TV shows are my nice little happy break from all of that for a while. 

Again, that's not to say I don't have criticisms of my favorite shows, because I certainly do, and when the opportunity comes up to share some of them, I'll do so. But for the most part, for me personally, I want to keep my fan experience positive and fun. Plus, if I'm in a discussion that's got tons of critical posts going, I want to post something positive to kinda help balance things out a little. 

12 minutes ago, Shannon L. said:

This circles back to another UO that's already been discussed:  I don't give a damn if something isn't how it would be in real life.  I can set aside disbelief to enjoy an over the top show.  As an example, I've been on a jury and seen real life coverage of trials and I can assure you that if law dramas were like real court rooms, I'd be bored stiff watching them on tv.  I can also guarantee the same for the CSI shows and others like them--I talked to the woman dusting for finger prints in our house after it was broken into and based on what she said about her job?  Yawn.

Agreed. For me, part of that is because I may not know exactly what a show got wrong about a certain profession or situation, so it'd go over my head anyway. Or I may know on a general level that it's unrealistic, but I wouldn't be as good at explaining exactly why it's unrealistic as well as those who ARE more knowledgeable about that stuff can. 

I have no problem with people sharing how a certain procedure or situation would play out in the real world, because if nothing else, hey, I learned something, which is cool :D. But yeah, in terms of my personal enjoyment of a show, I'm pretty easily able to overlook a lot of that unrealistic stuff. I totally get where the errors would make those who do work in those fields twitchy, though :p. And I can sympathize with the people who fear that viewers may be misinformed about something based on a show's lack of realism and accuracy. But the viewer shares some of the blame for that, too, for assuming that everything on TV is automatically real and believable. 

Another UO to add in: I don't get watching a show solely for one or two characters. I've got characters on my shows that are particular favorites, too, yes, but I've also always been the sort to like/love all the main characters to some degree or another. And even the ones I may not care for, I can still appreciate their place in the story. I can't see myself staying with a show if I'm only watching for one or two particular characters and can't stand the rest. 

Edited by Annber03
  • Love 7
(edited)
22 hours ago, Annber03 said:

YES. I have no issue with critiquing a show, 'cause there's stuff about my favorite shows that I can certainly find fault with, too.

But if it gets to the point where all I am doing is griping about a show, and I honestly can't find one good thing to say about it anymore, then yeah, that's probably a sign I need to just stop watching. I get the whole "I'm a completist/want or have to see it through to the end" argument, 'cause I'm like that, too, with my shows, but still...it seems a waste to spend a half hour or hour each week watching something you've grown to hate. If I hate a show that much, I figure I wouldn't care anymore about how it ends. 

I agree. I have no problem dropping a show if I no longer enjoy watching it or if it feels like a chore to finish it. I almost dropped Scandal for the exact reason. There are 3 episodes from this past season that I stopped watching mid episode. I literally found out how they ended via recaps. I came back because I heard the HTGAWM crossover over was pretty good. 

Which brings me to a few Scandal unpopular opinions: 

1. I really enjoyed the Scandal finale and got choked up at the end.  

2. I didn’t mind black hat Olivia and hated that Fitz and crew shunned her. Like, everyone in that crew was a monster. None of them had any room to judge. 

3. That being said, I’m glad that she had a chance to redeem herself. In fact, I was strangely relieved that none of the Gladiators went to jail in the end. 

4. I feel like Scandal wavered between convoluted mess with moments of brilliances tossed in towards the end. Yet, I still truly enjoyed watching every week (the three episodes I skipped excluded). 

Edited by LeeLeePanda
  • Love 2
On ‎05‎/‎12‎/‎2018 at 6:45 PM, Shannon L. said:

Not only do I not understand hate watching a show, but I would think that if every single week, your post starts with "WTF did I just watch?" or any variation of that, or another negative response, it's time to move on.  Or, if you have to discuss how horrible a show is with others who feel the same way, ask the moderator if you can  create a special "Hate Watchers" thread so those of us who enjoy the show don't have to wade through all the negativity.  Sometimes it gets really wearing to have to skim awful post after awful post about a show that you enjoy.

There are some shows I used to love which I now hate watch simply because I can't stay away.  But when I discuss them on the internet, I try to look for some positives to go along with my negative thoughts about it, realizing that not every viewer is going to feel the same as I do.

• Love 7
1 hour ago, Madding crowd said:

Along the same lines I hate it when people demand a show be cancelled because they no longer want to watch it. There are hundreds of shows you can watch with all of the various streaming options, DVRs and on demand options. Why should a show I really like be cancelled because you don’t like it!

Agreed. I think Arrow and The Walking Dead turned into steaming piles of shite but I don't care if they're still on, I just quit watching them. The only time I did want something cancelled was Sleepy Hollow and that's because of how they treated their black leading lady. 

• Love 9
15 hours ago, festivus said:

The only time I did want something cancelled was Sleepy Hollow and that's because of how they treated their black leading lady. 

And yet there were some of us who still enjoyed the show and watched to the end.  I did, however, stop visiting the forum here for the show, because those of us who wanted to discuss what we still liked about it got drowned out by those who had stopped watching but couldn't leave it alone.

In a similar vein, I don't know why I bother going to the forum for The Middle anymore because I feel like my opinion is belittled.

• Love 10

I do stop visiting a forum if I still like a show that everyone else seems to hate. Not that anyone should have to, it's just what I do. Some shows though, when they go bad, I just want to bitch about it with like-minded people. I didn't do that with the last season of Sleepy Hollow though, I left those episode threads alone.

• Love 3
10 minutes ago, festivus said:

I do stop visiting a forum if I still like a show that everyone else seems to hate. Not that anyone should have to, it's just what I do. Some shows though, when they go bad, I just want to bitch about it with like-minded people. I didn't do that with the last season of Sleepy Hollow though, I left those episode threads alone.

That's fine as long as you still let other people express their differing opinions without making them feel like something's wrong with them.  Unfortunately that kind of mutual respect doesn't always happen.

• Love 7
Just now, proserpina65 said:

That's fine as long as you still let other people express their differing opinions without making them feel like something's wrong with them.  Unfortunately that kind of mutual respect doesn't always happen.

Oh no, I don't do that. I have plenty of unpopular opinions of my own. So here's one now. I like Nate in Legends of Tomorrow, he cracks me up. Seems to be a fairly UO.

• Love 3
12 minutes ago, proserpina65 said:

Yeah, I can't visit the This is Us forums, because I'm apparently the only person in the world who hates Kevin Pearson.

It's very lonely. :(

• Love 2
19 minutes ago, Wiendish Fitch said:

Yeah, I can't visit the This is Us forums, because I'm apparently the only person in the world who hates Kevin Pearson.

It's very lonely. :(

I don't think you are alone...one of the reasons I quit watching was because I hated Kevin Pearson (other reasons included hating everyone else on the show...)

But, this brings up a beef of mine...

I hate when a show's whole marketing campaign is about trying to make the audience cry.  I cry at everything, yet I cried only twice watching This is Us (I quit at midseason this year)...I misted up in the pilot and I cried in the Memphis episode (which aired the week my mom died, so I'm not sure how much credit I can actually give the show). 

It really rubs me the whole way when I see/read something like, "Grab the tissues!  This will make you cry."  Unless the title of your show is Call the Midwifeyou just can't say that.  And the thing is, if I'm told I'm getting a good onion chopping session in a show and then it just doesn't happen, what would have been a perfectly pleasant episode becomes a failure because it didn't deliver on what it promised.

The only show I'm excited about next year is starting down this road just days after being picked up and I'm already pissed about it.

• Love 3

Interesting topic. I tend to keep posting until I stop watching. Then, I really don't know why I should.

Having said that, some forums feel like they become some kind of reverberating echo chamber where one kind of opinion is repeated often enough that whenever a somewhat differing opinion is stated, there are enough people to express counter opinions that it feels like ganging up on that poster with the UO. Then I tend to stop posting too after a while. It's just no fun if there is no one who shares your opinion at all.  And it does feel like it's prohibiting decent exchange overall.

My rule: If I have stated my opinion on something 5 times, it's time to stop compulsively trying to make that point again.

• Love 17
On 5/1/2018 at 12:54 PM, Wiendish Fitch said:

Exactly! It doesn't help that I've disliked Kellie Martin as an actress since childhood.

That just makes you a fine human being.  Hated her in Life Goes On, the crappy TV movies, ER, and whatever that mountain woman show was.  She's just one of those actresses that I always thought, "Really?  You?  You keep getting work?"

19 minutes ago, supposebly said:

IMy rule: If I have stated my opinion on something 5 times, it's time to stop compulsively trying to make that point again.

That's why I didn't post in the Roseanne forum after last night's episode.  I've said about all I can say re: how the revival has disappointed me in every way, so I don't want it to become a thing where other posters see my name and groan because they know I'm going to complain about the same stuff.  But in my defense, I only bitched to begin with because I loved original Roseanne so much and wanted desperately to love the revival too. 

On the opposite side of the token, I briefly checked out the forum for Jenna Fischer's new show Splitting Up Together, which I found surprisingly cute and funny, and saw it getting trashed, so I backed away.  I wanted to talk about the cuteness, but there seemed to be more of a hate-watch vibe happening lol.

• Love 3
2 hours ago, proserpina65 said:

In a similar vein, I don't know why I bother going to the forum for The Middle anymore because I feel like my opinion is belittled.

If someone i s actually belittling your comments, you should report their posts. The mods can't do anything about fixing a problem if they don't know about it. 

• Love 3
Just now, GaT said:

If someone i s actually belittling your comments, you should report their posts. The mods can't do anything about fixing a problem if they don't know about it. 

I did on the occasions where it was blatant, and that person doesn't appear to be there anymore.  But it's often more subtle and hard to combat, not open bullying so much as groupthink that's difficult to wade through.  So I've pretty much given up because, even though I get tired of reading the same complaints over and over, those people are also entitled to their opinions.

• Love 7
6 minutes ago, proserpina65 said:

I did on the occasions where it was blatant, and that person doesn't appear to be there anymore.  But it's often more subtle and hard to combat, not open bullying so much as groupthink that's difficult to wade through.  So I've pretty much given up because, even though I get tired of reading the same complaints over and over, those people are also entitled to their opinions.

Yes, they're also entitled to their opinions, but they're not entitled to keep pushing their opinions. You're supposed to make your point & move on, not keep repeating the same thing over & over. If this is happening, then it should be reported. Maybe the mod just needs to post a reminder that people can have different opinions.

• Love 3

I watched "Roseanne" when it was first on, and for the most part, I enjoyed it, even though I found Roseanne Barr to be abrasive and obnoxious, but I never quite understood why it was so "groundbreaking." For showing a poor family? Norman Lear did that 20 years before with "Good Times," among other projects. Because it was a poor white family? "The Waltons" did that already. And I'll never watch the reboot -- or anything else Roseanne is in -- because of her politics and general embrace of loony conspiracy theories.

• Love 11
3 minutes ago, GaT said:

Yes, they're also entitled to their opinions, but they're not entitled to keep pushing their opinions. You're supposed to make your point & move on, not keep repeating the same thing over & over. If this is happening, then it should be reported. Maybe the mod just needs to post a reminder that people can have different opinions.

I could let a mod know about that.  Maybe it'll help.

• Love 1
4 hours ago, festivus said:

Oh no, I don't do that. I have plenty of unpopular opinions of my own. So here's one now. I like Nate in Legends of Tomorrow, he cracks me up. Seems to be a fairly UO.

I really like Nate, too!  Also, on the much hated Blacklist, most people seem to like Samar and I can't stand her.  Nor do I think that Megan Boone's acting is that bad.

• Love 1
4 hours ago, festivus said:

I like Nate too I actually prefer him to Ray which I know is an unpopular opinion.

• Love 1
3 hours ago, GaT said:

Same on the Harvey Weinstein thread.  On and on and on about whether or not his wife knew.  Really getting bored with it.

• Love 7

The mods set up an unpopular opinions thread on My Big Fat Fabulous Life for those who don't want to post only fat shaming stuff, but anyone who said something positive about the show was quickly shut down by the other posters. Now it is just filled with the same fat shaming as the regular thread. As an adult I refuse to call a woman a hippo or elephant, so I can no longer post there.

• Love 7
10 hours ago, supposebly said:

Having said that, some forums feel like they become some kind of reverberating echo chamber where one kind of opinion is repeated often enough that whenever a somewhat differing opinion is stated, there are enough people to express counter opinions that it feels like ganging up on that poster with the UO. Then I tend to stop posting too after a while. It's just no fun if there is no one who shares your opinion at all.  And it does feel like it's prohibiting decent exchange overall.

Agreed. Definitely why I don't post much at all these days.    

Hulu recently added the first season of Claws, and I've been watching and reading most of the discussion.  There's a lot of (very reasonable) dislike for Virginia, but I found Desna to be just as stupid and reckless (and often annoying).  

• Love 1
(edited)
11 hours ago, supposebly said:

My rule: If I have stated my opinion on something 5 times, it's time to stop compulsively trying to make that point again.

This. I usually only state my opinion once and move on, but I think your rule of five times is good as well. I tend to stop reading certain show threads when they get into repetitive circular arguments. I tend to bow out of certain threads (mostly Real Housewives episode threads) a couple days after the show aired because it can get very repetitive very quickly.

Edited by Misslindsey
  • Love 7
(edited)
22 minutes ago, Ohwell said:

I'm sick of the reboot mania and I won't watch any of them, even the shows I used to like. 

I agree, but luckily for me, they're not rebooting any shows that I used to like. OK, I liked Full House when I was a kid, but past that point, it was obvious it was pretty bad.  Actually, I forgot, I loved MacGyver.  I watched the new show once.  It was horrible, but it also wasn't really MacGyver.  Should have just called it something else.

Edited by Katy M
On 5/17/2018 at 10:54 AM, Ohwell said:

I'm sick of the reboot mania and I won't watch any of them, even the shows I used to like. 

The only reboot I'm interested in is Murphy Brown and that's because I never watched the original, except for a couple of episodes.

• Love 3
1 hour ago, SmithW6079 said:

RE: "Celebrity Undercover Boss" Why? Is there no concept that isn't ruined by the introduction of a "celebrity" edition?

Not to mention that their definition of “celebrity” is tenuous at best. Contestants of Celebrity Edition Anything  are usually people I’ve never heard of. 

• Love 12
4 hours ago, kariyaki said:
5 hours ago, SmithW6079 said:

RE: "Celebrity Undercover Boss" Why? Is there no concept that isn't ruined by the introduction of a "celebrity" edition?

Not to mention that their definition of “celebrity” is tenuous at best. Contestants of Celebrity Edition Anything  are usually people I’ve never heard of. 

I don't get it anyway from the list of "celebrity bosses" - how many people work for any these celebrities anyway?  Whereas companies like 7-11 and 1-800-Flowers etc. etc.  have thousands of employees that the boss would never have met doing jobs the boss would know nothing about.  Thus whatever fun might be had by watching the boss work in a grunt job.

• Love 3
(edited)
8 minutes ago, ratgirlagogo said:

how many people work for any these celebrities anyway?  Whereas companies like 7-11 and 1-800-Flowers etc. etc.  have thousands of employees that the boss would never have met doing jobs the boss would know nothing about.  Thus whatever fun might be had by watching the boss work in a grunt job.

That’s not what they are doing, it’s not focused on employees. Gabby Douglas is diguised and checks out gymnasts and coaches, Idina Menzel does the same with Broadway performers and Deon Sanders with football plays (I think) so calling it Undercover Boss is not really accurate.

Edited by biakbiak
  • Love 2

My new UO is the use of music during a show. Not the closing or opening credits, the annoying sad manipulative music played during shows.

In Life in Pieces it is used constantly and it is the same music that has been used since the beginning. They use it between scenes and it is so annoying that I try to fast forward so I don't have to hear it. Maybe hearing 3 straight years of this annoying sound is starting to drive me crazy.

In Code Black it is used as a manipulative "make the audience sad" device with a few minutes remaining each show. While I am trying to watch the show it suddenly starts and I try to fast forward as much as I can. I can't believe that shows are using manipulative devices that were used in soap operas. I won't even get into the serious amounts of cheese that these songs are.

In Station 19 the music started in the middle of the first episode that I was enjoying. I tried to fast forward but I just gave up as it would not stop.

• Love 3
2 hours ago, juno said:

My new UO is the use of music during a show. Not the closing or opening credits, the annoying sad manipulative music played during shows.

It's especially fun to watch with the closed captioning on, when they tell you it's "stirring music" or "sad music" or what have you. (insert eye roll)

• Love 6
On 5/19/2018 at 8:39 PM, juno said:

In Life in Pieces it is used constantly and it is the same music that has been used since the beginning. They use it between scenes and it is so annoying that I try to fast forward so I don't have to hear it. Maybe hearing 3 straight years of this annoying sound is starting to drive me crazy.

In Code Black it is used as a manipulative "make the audience sad" device with a few minutes remaining each show. While I am trying to watch the show it suddenly starts and I try to fast forward as much as I can. I can't believe that shows are using manipulative devices that were used in soap operas. I won't even get into the serious amounts of cheese that these songs are.

In Station 19 the music started in the middle of the first episode that I was enjoying. I tried to fast forward but I just gave up as it would not stop.

The folksy guitar music and that humming song in This Is Us drives me bananas. It's almost bad enough to make me stop watching at times.  It wouldn't be so bad if it wasn't always the same thing, but they play that guitar riff over and over. The humming one comes on when something significant is happening.

I don't have any issue with Americans getting caught up in the royal wedding (because it's fun), but the amount of coverage across all platforms and on all networks (even the ones you'd think would be "above" the gluttony of coverage) was absolutely nauseating. I know this is the kind of thing celebrity "journalists" live for, but hearing them gush on and on (even so-called serious newscasters) made me want to vomit ... or at least mute the TV.

I have to be honest. Meghan Markle looks like an actress playing a part. I don't see the fairy tale everyone else does, which made all the coverage that much more aggravating. (I watched one season of "Suits," where I thought she was OK, if forgettable, as an actress.)  There appears to be no "chemistry" between Harry and Meghan that I see when I look at William and Kate.

• Love 10
48 minutes ago, SmithW6079 said:

I don't have any issue with Americans getting caught up in the royal wedding (because it's fun), but the amount of coverage across all platforms and on all networks (even the ones you'd think would be "above" the gluttony of coverage) was absolutely nauseating. I know this is the kind of thing celebrity "journalists" live for, but hearing them gush on and on (even so-called serious newscasters) made me want to vomit ... or at least mute the TV.

I have to be honest. Meghan Markle looks like an actress playing a part. I don't see the fairy tale everyone else does, which made all the coverage that much more aggravating. (I watched one season of "Suits," where I thought she was OK, if forgettable, as an actress.)  There appears to be no "chemistry" between Harry and Meghan that I see when I look at William and Kate.

Yeah, I guess this is a "safe place" to rant, lol.  I don't get all the fuss about her either.  I wish them well, just as I would any just-married couple, but I hope that within the next couple of days the wedding coverage will have stopped and we will no longer have to hear about her, Harry, and that fucked up family of hers.  One can hope. ; )  

• Love 10

I have to be honest. Meghan Markle looks like an actress playing a part. I

This! The way she kept looking up at him during the ceremony. It all felt so acted.

• Love 6
(edited)
1 hour ago, Chas411 said:

This! The way she kept looking up at him during the ceremony. It all felt so acted.

Her look at Harry in the wedding was identical to how she looked at Patrick Adams in the Suits episode where she married him.

I think she’s an extremely, extremely ambitious social climber, has reached the pinnacle, and is insufferable when she talks.  

Her vocab is just too unnatural (and I’m a stickler for proper vocab) — she seems fake and a bit in love with the sound of her own voice.

I feel badly for Harry because he has fallen hook, line and sinker for her.  

Edited by MerBearHou
  • Love 4
7 hours ago, SmithW6079 said:

I'll agree about the so-called newscasters, I bet that is not an unpopular opinion. About the actress, no comment

4 hours ago, MerBearHou said:

Her look at Harry in the wedding was identical to how she looked at Patrick Adams in the Suits episode where she married him.

But...couldn't that mean she's just a good actress?  On the show she was able to replicate the look an actual woman gives her husband during the wedding ceremony? 

It's kind of like saying so-and-so's crying looks phony because that's how they cry when they act.  But when you cry when you act, aren't you going to cry the way you cry in real life?

• Love 24
10 minutes ago, janie jones said:

But when you cry when you act, aren't you going to cry the way you cry in real life?

Probably depends on how method they get.  And, if they're able to fully throw themselves into character, or if they're trying to cry while thinking about their lines, their marks, the camera, not looking bad while they're crying, etc.

I don't mind watching a show to make fun of it, so a separate thread for those viewers seems sensible to me. 

I don't really hate watch though. That seems like an emotional investment that really isn't worthy of a tv show.

I tend to only post regularly in real-time on shows I actually like at least a little and the ones I don't really like, I usually save up until I'm on travel and watch on the plane. I think TWD is kind of dumb and repetitive, but the concept is good, so I'll watch that on the plane and not bother with real time because I don't want my own viewing experience to be biased. But something like Covert Affiars, which was ridiculous, and everyone knew it, I'd watch and post in real time because we all were cracking up even though there were some plots and characters that people enjoyed.