Type keyword(s) to search

Party of One: Unpopular TV Opinions

• Start Topic

22 hours ago, Crashcourse said:

The absolute worst one for me is the Sheba commercial where the mother ignores her son saying he's hurt while she's cuddling her cat.  I hope the actress never finds work again.  

I love that one!  Kid can get his own band aid.  But even if I didn't like it, I wouldn't blame the actress.  That's like hating on Jack Gleeson because his Game of Thrones character was horrible.  Actors are just doing a job.

20 hours ago, Crashcourse said:

Oh, I blame the writers, but surely the actress could have found another commercial to be in.  On Reddit and other sites, the commercial has gotten a lot of negative feedback, and she should have known that would happen.

Unless someone is a big star, making a living by acting is not easy.  Turning down something as innocuous as the Sheba commercial would be pretty damned dumb for a jobbing actor.  They have bills to pay, too.

• Like 18
  • Sad 1

While I don't consider the mother in that commercial to be as inattentive to her offspring as a sea turtle, I just wish the kid would pipe up, 'Fine, Mom. Enjoy the cat as long as you like but remember the cat won't be picking  your nursing home!'

• Like 5
  • LOL 6
9 hours ago, Blergh said:

While I don't consider the mother in that commercial to be as inattentive to her offspring as a sea turtle, I just wish the kid would pipe up, 'Fine, Mom. Enjoy the cat as long as you like but remember the cat won't be picking  your nursing home!'

But the cat will get the summer home and the kid will end up with a train set.

• LOL 11
(edited)
22 hours ago, Blergh said:

A remarkably transactional, even sociopathic interaction. I I would worry about the kid that made it, if they were serious. If the women is compassionate to the cat, she is a compassionate person and likely has moments with the child as well. And the child is being modeled respect for other living creatures. I think sometimes a commercial can be taken at face value.

Edited by Affogato
  • Like 3
  • Sad 1
(edited)

The Freshpet ads where someone is freaking out about keeping pet food in the refrigerator crack me up.  

When I was a kid we had pet chameleons; they were fed mealworms that were stored in the fridge.  The mealworms never went rogue and stormed the veggie drawer.  It was fine.

Does anyone else remember the episode of Frasier where Niles gives a talk at a Middle School(?) and tells the kids about all the parts-per-million of bugs and what-not that are allowed in food products?  The pet-food-in-the-fridge phobics must pass out at the thought of a cricket toe in their food.

Edited by Mittengirl
  • Like 4
  • LOL 1
3 hours ago, Mittengirl said:

The Freshpet ads where someone is freaking out about keeping pet food in the refrigerator crack me up.  

When I was a kid we had pet chameleons; they were fed mealworms that were stored in the fridge.  The mealworms never went rogue and stormed the veggie drawer.  It was fine.

Does anyone else remember the episode of Frasier where Niles gives a talk at a Middle School(?) and tells the kids about all the parts-per-million of bugs and what-not that are allowed in food products?  The pet-food-in-the-fridge phobics must pass out at the thought of a cricket toe in their food.

I store my cat's food in our fridge and it never occurred to me that some might find it weird. But as a vegetarian, I would probably pass out at any insect part in my food.

• Like 2
7 hours ago, Mittengirl said:

I had mealworms in the fridge for a while when I was a kid. A vistor to the house was freaked out when he found them. 

• LOL 4
18 hours ago, JustHereForFood said:

I store my cat's food in our fridge and it never occurred to me that some might find it weird. But as a vegetarian, I would probably pass out at any insect part in my food.

I had a certain kind of dog food in my fridge for a while that sort of came in something like a loaf. The only problem with it was one day I grabbed the wrong plastic bag out of the fridge and at lunchtime I realized I'd brought dogfood to work instead of people food.

• LOL 7
On 4/28/2024 at 12:38 PM, sistermagpie said:

I had a certain kind of dog food in my fridge for a while that sort of came in something like a loaf. The only problem with it was one day I grabbed the wrong plastic bag out of the fridge and at lunchtime I realized I'd brought dogfood to work instead of people food.

How was it?

Edited by Affogato
  • LOL 1
On 4/24/2024 at 2:17 PM, Crashcourse said:

Oh, I blame the writers, but surely the actress could have found another commercial to be in.  On Reddit and other sites, the commercial has gotten a lot of negative feedback, and she should have known that would happen.

Maybe she, like many in the public eye, doesn't go on social media for her own self-preservation.

• Like 4
(edited)
16 hours ago, Ancaster said:

Maybe she, like many in the public eye, doesn't go on social media for her own self-preservation.

Or, she needs to work for a living and doesn't worry about what random strangers think of the acting jobs she takes to keep her life afloat.

She's not famous, I doubt 99+% of the public knows her name.  Any flack about the commercial is not going to stick to her for long, if at all.

Edited by Notabug
  • Like 13