Type keyword(s) to search

Party of One: Unpopular TV Opinions

• Start Topic

1 hour ago, HoboClayton said:

MASH... Another show I have been watching with the better half. So much overacting. It's like watching a group of pretentious drama school kids. So much hamming. And how it randomly cuts out and ends at the weirdest moments. Though I find Alan Alda a gem, I couldn't stand his character. I couldn't stand most of them to be honest. I did like Trapper and Potter though.

I don't remember much of the original airing, but based on the few memories I have of it compared to watching reruns, I think this is just bad editing as was being discussed earlier in this thread.  I think that because I do know that there have been moments recently when they've cut to commercial or another scene and I've thought to myself that I was pretty sure the original was different somehow.  Like there was a short moment that I remember from the past that never happened this time or I remember a character saying something, but it wasn't in the rerun. 

Having said that, I'll reiterate an old UO that I posted a long time ago:  I like the BJ/Potter/Winchester years much better than the Frank (ick)/Henry (he had his moments)/Trapper years.  That could be, though, that by the time I was old enough to watch the first airings of each episode, they were well into those years.  The original cast episodes I'd have watched on reruns and, by that time, I'd already had been watching loving the second set of actors.

• Love 6
8 hours ago, Katy M said:

And Sophia was Dorothy's mother.  So, not in her 50s.

Estelle Getty was actually one year younger than Bea Arthur. Everyone but Rue McClanahan was in their 60s when the show started. I think it was the styling that made them look so much older. I supposed some women of that age wore hairstyles and clothes like that then, although not most of the ones I knew, but I'm 50 now, and I don't wear hairstyles or clothes like them and neither do most women I know of that age.

• Love 7

My grandmother has had "grandmother hair" (short, rolled, coiffed and sprayed) for my entire life; she is 92 and I'm 43. She got the weekly roller set at the salon for years. I don't think she does that now, but she still lives alone and is sharp as a tack.

My aunt (74, I think) has always had that hairstyle, too, but I think she's always done it herself.

My mom (69) has a short haircut with the top tousled in a vaguely ordered direction (a part, etc.). Her hair has been short (permed in the '80s) since I was a young child.

I've always said I'd never be an older lady who cut off all her hair. I'll be a long-hair-in-a-bun lady. So far, I'm holding to that, albeit with a claw clip.

• Love 12
5 hours ago, HoboClayton said:

I watched some of the show Friends back when it was first aired. Wasn't my thing. My better half loves it and I have been watching some with her. The first episode I watched was Monica getting mad at Chandler for not wanting to spend his entire life savings on their wedding. Chandler finally folds and tells princess she can have whatever she wants. Umm. No bitch. 

Cheers.. Used to have to catch this from time to time when my parents watched. Carla and Woody were funny. But it bored me to tears. And Lilith and Frasier have always creeped me out.

MASH... Another show I have been watching with the better half. So much overacting. It's like watching a group of pretentious drama school kids. So much hamming. And how it randomly cuts out and ends at the weirdest moments. Though I find Alan Alda a gem, I couldn't stand his character. I couldn't stand most of them to be honest. I did like Trapper and Potter though.

And as always.. I cannot leave out Johnny Galecki. I'm sure he's a nice guy. But I can't stand his acting. Whine whine whine whine!

Criminal Minds.. I like this show. But cannot stand Dr. Spencer Reid and his smarmy self. And his gun is almost as big as him. I find him ridiculous. Very smart yes. But ridiculous.

King of the Hill was solid until the end. They had clunkers in there. But I watched it beginning to end. The Simpsons after 2000, didn't come close to KOTH. 

Mom... Though this might not be unpopular. I'm glad they ditched the kids and focused on the ladies in the group. Wish they'd also get rid of Adam. 

I thought I was the only one who hated Reid. He's boring and I get annoyed when fans judge new characters on how they treat Reid instead of the entire team. I love Mash and Hawkeye and Winchester are my favorites. I loathed Frank Burns and thought the show got better when he left. 

• Love 4
(edited)
12 hours ago, Katy M said:

Rue McLanahan was 51 wen the show started, so I doubt she could have been your now-mother at that point.  Yeah, I tink the other two were in their 60s.  Probably still not your mother.  And Sophia was Dorothy's mother.  So, not in her 50s.

I said they LOOK like they could be my mother. Didn't say they were my mother. And I'm well aware of their ages, I'm speaking in terms of how they looked on the show.  I've never in my life seen a 50 year old woman with great grandma helmet hair. 

Edited by Maharincess
  • Love 7
1 hour ago, bilgistic said:

My grandmother has had "grandmother hair" (short, rolled, coiffed and sprayed) for my entire life; she is 92 and I'm 43. She got the weekly roller set at the salon for years. I don't think she does that now, but she still lives alone and is sharp as a tack.

My aunt (74, I think) has always had that hairstyle, too, but I think she's always done it herself.

My mom (69) has a short haircut with the top tousled in a vaguely ordered direction (a part, etc.). Her hair has been short (permed in the '80s) since I was a young child.

I've always said I'd never be an older lady who cut off all her hair. I'll be a long-hair-in-a-bun lady. So far, I'm holding to that, albeit with a claw clip.

I have short hair, but I style it myself (if you can call it styling). They all had hair that looked like they went to the beauty shop once a week and had it done and then somehow magically kept it nice while they slept. (I seriously never understood how women did that.) I know women used to do that, but by the 1980s (when I was in high school and college), the women I knew who did that were at least in their 60s. And the 50-something-year-old women wore much more casual clothing when they weren't actually working. I think TV costumers back then tended not to dress characters as casually as real people in the rest of the country dressed.

• Love 4
2 hours ago, kathyk24 said:

I thought I was the only one who hated Reid. He's boring and I get annoyed when fans judge new characters on how they treat Reid instead of the entire team

I love Reid, but I'll agree with the bolded part. Either that, or when people mistake good-natured joshing and teasing by one of the team members as being "mean" to him. 

• Love 2
(edited)
4 hours ago, auntlada said:

I have short hair, but I style it myself (if you can call it styling). They all had hair that looked like they went to the beauty shop once a week and had it done and then somehow magically kept it nice while they slept. (I seriously never understood how women did that.) I know women used to do that, but by the 1980s (when I was in high school and college), the women I knew who did that were at least in their 60s. And the 50-something-year-old women wore much more casual clothing when they weren't actually working. I think TV costumers back then tended not to dress characters as casually as real people in the rest of the country dressed.

My grandmother wrapped her roller-set hair in toilet paper to preserve her style while she slept. I'm 100% serious. I'm not clear on the logic behind it because paper tears, so why not wear a headscarf or bonnet? I'll have to ask her, but I probably won't see her until Christmas. I'll see if my mom knows.

My grandma's weekly hair appointment was on Thursday, and she got groceries afterward.

Edited by bilgistic
  • Love 2
(edited)

I liked M*A*S*H. However; I've  had to work with a few malcontent Hawkeyes in my time who seem to seek out things to dis and gripe about because they love to hear themselves complain that   I often find myself identifying with everyone else who got tired of hearing his rants.  It's not as though I didn't find myself in agreement at times but  who wants to be stuck somewhere with someone who endlessly seeks out faults with every single thing around them?

Edited by Blergh
worked too much
  • Love 4

I've been watching the episodes of Match Game that Buzzr shows on their Twitch stream and TV channel that I stream to my TV from their website. I bring that up because Gary Burghoff from M*A*S*H filled in for Charles Nelson Riley for a time while he was off doing a play. I know it was a game show but Gary came off as someone who could be a mean little man who tried to disguise his unhappiness and etc. by trying to act like all the mean spirited comments were him being funny. I've watched a lot of episodes of that show on GSN and some I don't remember seeing previously on Buzzr that they are repeating over and over  so I know the panel would razz each other.  Some of the razzing Gary did took me by surprise though.

I've never really watched M*A*S*H outside of a few episodes. I know my Nana used to say that she and my Grandfather really liked it back when it aired originally since they had both been in the military. She was a nurse so some of the treatment of soldiers resonated with her.

• Love 2
On 7/25/2018 at 7:07 PM, Spartan Girl said:

Not sure if this counts as an UO, but I wanna make something crystal clear:

I will NEVER forgive ABC for cancelling The Muppets.

I want to co-sign and agree with this. My avatar of Miss Piggy is from that show. I have a few others I've alternated too.

• Love 2
On 7/25/2018 at 12:57 AM, andromeda331 said:

That's part of my biggest gripe about them cutting entire scenes on TVLAND, METV and other cable networks. These are not networks that have to make sure their airing the news at certain times of the day.  They survive mostly on reruns of old shows and movies. So why do they need to cut scenes in the first place? Is a two minute scene really going to hurt them? A five minute? In a network that airs reruns 24/7, 365 days a year.  There's no reason that they can't find time to air the commercials they need and the shows with all their scenes or movies at the full length.

Syndication cuts in shows I know well drive me insane.  I just watched the final episode of The Nanny (I'm a Nanny freak, don't judge) on, I think, POP.  At the end of that episode, the cast is introduced to the studio audience and Fran Drescher makes some heartfelt comments of thanks and appreciation.  This scene is very, very rarely televised and I was happy to see it.  But.  They cut an earlier scene (if you can call it that) - one that lasts approximately two seconds and is a quick flash to Maggie and Brighton as young kids.  It's poignant and again, maybe two seconds - but they cut it!  Come on.  No one can get me to believe they didn't have time for it.  

On 7/26/2018 at 2:27 PM, Vixenstud said:

I guess I'll sit alone at the table when I say, proudly and wholeheartedly.....I absolutely HATED the Golden Girls, never found it funny at...all!!

Thank you!  I hate this show as well, and in my life I'm surrounded with GG lovers.  And it is on all the time, on so many networks.  

• Love 2
28 minutes ago, MaryPatShelby said:

Syndication cuts in shows I know well drive me insane.  I just watched the final episode of The Nanny (I'm a Nanny freak, don't judge) on, I think, POP.  At the end of that episode, the cast is introduced to the studio audience and Fran Drescher makes some heartfelt comments of thanks and appreciation.  This scene is very, very rarely televised and I was happy to see it.  But.  They cut an earlier scene (if you can call it that) - one that lasts approximately two seconds and is a quick flash to Maggie and Brighton as young kids.  It's poignant and again, maybe two seconds - but they cut it!  Come on.  No one can get me to believe they didn't have time for it.  

I hate the syndication cuts, too. It's especially irritating if they cut a scene that connects to something that happens elsewhere in the episode-you'll sit there all confused, because part of the context/joke/whatever has been cut out. 

(And no shame in enjoying "The Nanny". I remember watching that show from time to time when I was a kid, and it's fun revisiting the reruns of that show now as an adult. It was a cute show.)

• Love 6
1 hour ago, MaryPatShelby said:

My mother loves The Nanny so much she can quote whole scenes by heart from watching them in re-runs. When I bought her the DVDs, it blew her mind anytime a scene cut for syndication came up. "WHAT?! I don't remember this!"

I can't stand M*A*S*H because I feel like it was always on in hospital waiting rooms or at every old, distant relatives' house I was dragged to as a child. Funnily enough, I like the theme song Suicide is Painless from the film, but the instrumental version from the show makes me break out in hives.

• Love 5
5 hours ago, Jaded said:

I've never really watched M*A*S*H outside of a few episodes. I know my Nana used to say that she and my Grandfather really liked it back when it aired originally since they had both been in the military. She was a nurse so some of the treatment of soldiers resonated with her.

I had the opposite situation.  My grandfather hated it because he felt it was disrespectful to the military, so it wasn't allowed on in his house.

I've always been kind of take it or leave it with MASH.  But, I dated two different guys (not at the same time) who both loved it.  When I was with the second guy, we were just in my apartment hanging out and I was flipping through the channels.  It was late, so there wasn't a lot on and I ended up stopping at MASH.  He was like "you like this show?"  I shrugged and said "I guess," (or it's OK, or something to that effect).  And he put up his hand for a high five. I'm like "I don't like it enough to high five over it."  LOL.  And, I had a friend in school who was only allowed to watch a half hour of TV a day.  She always watched MASH reruns.  She had seen them all, and that's still how she chose to use her one TV show per day allotment.  Kind of weirded me out.

• Love 3
12 hours ago, bilgistic said:

My grandmother wrapped her roller-set hair in toilet paper to preserve her style while she slept. I'm 100% serious. I'm not clear on the logic behind it because paper tears, so why not wear a headscarf or bonnet? I'll have to ask her, but I probably won't see her until Christmas. I'll see if my mom knows.

My grandma's weekly hair appointment was on Thursday, and she got groceries afterward.

Quoting myself to give you all the much-anticipated update to my grandmother's hairstyle-preserving strategy. Mom says she wore a silk bonnet over the toilet paper wrapping; she affixed the wrapping in the bathroom. I don't remember the bonnet, so maybe she kept it in the bedroom, where we weren't really allowed.

You all can rest easy now that you know how my grandmother styled her hair.

• Love 15
(edited)
13 hours ago, Shannon L. said:
19 hours ago, Jaded said:

I had the opposite situation.  My grandfather hated it because he felt it was disrespectful to the military, so it wasn't allowed on in his house.

My  Republican parents liked it because my dad had served as a Marine in WW2 and then in Korea.  Like most of the guys who served in Korea he was called in as a reservist, and was pissed about it - he had gotten married in the interim and was called up anyway, like many others.   It really was an unpopular war, unlike WW2 which most everyone believed was awful but necessary.

OTOH as many have pointed out, while the Korean War was unpopular the kinds of attitudes expressed on MASH did seem more about the Vietnam War - for one thing on MASH the Korean War lasted almost as long as Vietnam, unlike the real Korean War.

Edited by ratgirlagogo
  • Love 6

I didn't think the end of Galactica was a UO. That was really the only way they could have ended it. 

Plus tooling on Balthar talking about having sex with primate humans. Gold.

9 minutes ago, Hybridcookie said:

Just finished a Battlestar Galactica rewatch and my UO is that I liked the ending.

I do, too.  Not Lee's "let's abandon all technology" idea (although, they had to explain its absence somehow in order to do the "this was Earth, 150,000  years ago" reveal), but on the whole, yes.  Sure, it could have ended without the on-the-nose 150,000 years later tag spelling out that Hera was mitochondrial Eve, the planet was Earth, and we humans have been making the same mistakes since the beginning of time, but I don't mind it.  It was a great show, and a great ending -- all of this has happened before; is it inevitable that we are on the brink of it happening again?

• Love 3

I've been watching reruns of "Futurama," and the beginning of the recording usually catches the last minute or so of "Scrubs," and I've come to realize I hate the pretentious "ruminations on life as seen in this episode" as some whiny ballad plays. Specifically, I hate Zach Braff's JD, but it has since expanded to include any show that engages in this overused plot device (although I did make allowances for "The Expanse").

• Love 1
16 hours ago, Hybridcookie said:

Just finished a Battlestar Galactica rewatch and my UO is that I liked the ending. I liked the ending of Lost as well

I did too. With both these shows, I felt the endings fit each show appropriately; they wrapped up most their main story arcs and gave the characters their due, and I was satisfied when it was all said and done. However, I never watched either of these shows in real time. I'm not sure how I'd feel about the endings if I had spent five years watching the show as opposed to five months and was really invested in differently. 

• Love 1
(edited)
On 7/27/2018 at 2:12 PM, HoboClayton said:

Cheers.. Used to have to catch this from time to time when my parents watched. Carla and Woody were funny. But it bored me to tears. And Lilith and Frasier have always creeped me out.

Aw, Coach was funny.  I didn’t find Norm funny at all.  Just a loser.  Both Diane & Rebecca had their moments.  And Sam was better as the straight man.

DOS was a trained theater actor, so that may be why you felt he over acted, but he was my favorite.  

Criminal Minds.. I like this show. But cannot stand Dr. Spencer Reid and his smarmy self. And his gun is almost as big as him. I find him ridiculous. Very smart yes. But ridiculous.

I love Reid, but I dislike Penelope most of the time, and I didn’t like Hotch or Mandy Patakin’s characters.

Edited by roamyn
  • Love 1
19 hours ago, roamyn said:

I love Reid, but I dislike Penelope most of the time, and I didn’t like Hotch or Mandy Patakin’s characters.

I don't mind Reid, but the over-the-top love of him gets super annoying. Penelope is the epitome of a little goes a long way. And I too could not stand Gideon (possibly due to the fact that I find Patakin obnoxious).

• Love 5
On ‎07‎/‎27‎/‎2018 at 3:51 PM, Shannon L. said:

Having said that, I'll reiterate an old UO that I posted a long time ago:  I like the BJ/Potter/Winchester years much better than the Frank (ick)/Henry (he had his moments)/Trapper years.  That could be, though, that by the time I was old enough to watch the first airings of each episode, they were well into those years.  The original cast episodes I'd have watched on reruns and, by that time, I'd already had been watching loving the second set of actors.

Me, too.  Glad to know I'm not alone.  For me, it's partially due to Hotlips being more of a person and less of a caricature after Frank left.

On ‎07‎/‎27‎/‎2018 at 2:12 PM, HoboClayton said:

King of the Hill was solid until the end. They had clunkers in there. But I watched it beginning to end. The Simpsons after 2000, didn't come close to KOTH. 

Mom... Though this might not be unpopular. I'm glad they ditched the kids and focused on the ladies in the group. Wish they'd also get rid of Adam. 

Agree on both King of the Hill and Mom, although I do like Adam.  I actually could do without Christy; I find the rest of the group more entertaining.

On ‎07‎/‎27‎/‎2018 at 4:28 PM, auntlada said:

Estelle Getty was actually one year younger than Bea Arthur. Everyone but Rue McClanahan was in their 60s when the show started. I think it was the styling that made them look so much older. I supposed some women of that age wore hairstyles and clothes like that then, although not most of the ones I knew, but I'm 50 now, and I don't wear hairstyles or clothes like them and neither do most women I know of that age.

I knew plenty of 50-ish women who wore hair/clothing styles like that back in the late 80s, but agree that far fewer women that age (my age) would now.

On ‎07‎/‎27‎/‎2018 at 8:13 PM, Maharincess said:

I said they LOOK like they could be my mother. Didn't say they were my mother. And I'm well aware of their ages, I'm speaking in terms of how they looked on the show.  I've never in my life seen a 50 year old woman with great grandma helmet hair. 

Depends on where you live, I guess.  I've seen plenty of them, and still occasionally do.

• Love 3
On ‎07‎/‎28‎/‎2018 at 11:12 PM, ratgirlagogo said:

OTOH as many have pointed out, while the Korean War was unpopular the kinds of attitudes expressed on MASH did seem more about the Vietnam War - for one thing on MASH the Korean War lasted almost as long as Vietnam, unlike the real Korean War.

The attitudes on the show (and in the movie as well) are more reflective of the time when it was made, rather than the actual Korean War era.

I loved the original Battlestar Galactica when it aired.  I recently saw it again on MeTV, and while a lot of it did not age well, I still loved it.  I had, and still have, no interest in the newer version at all.

Galactica 1980, though, that was a steaming pile.

• Love 3
4 hours ago, callie lee 29 said:

I don't mind Reid, but the over-the-top love of him gets super annoying. Penelope is the epitome of a little goes a long way. And I too could not stand Gideon (possibly due to the fact that I find Patakin obnoxious).

I think that’s why I don’t care for any of his characters, too.

• Love 1

I have never heard this mentioned anywhere before, but I have to say it after trying to watch his documentaries on Baseball and The Civil War

Ken Burns is freakin dull as tap water.  How on earth did his stuff become so popular?  My god, it is insomnia inducing, monotone, slow moving crap. 

I like history.  I love learning history.  I like sports and would like to learn about the Civil War. 

I just can't make it through his stuff. 

So freakin' boring 

• Love 7
14 minutes ago, DrSpaceman said:

I have never heard this mentioned anywhere before, but I have to say it after trying to watch his documentaries on Baseball and The Civil War

Ken Burns is freakin dull as tap water.  How on earth did his stuff become so popular?  My god, it is insomnia inducing, monotone, slow moving crap. 

I like history.  I love learning history.  I like sports and would like to learn about the Civil War. 

I just can't make it through his stuff. 

So freakin' boring 

OMG are you kidding me?  I’ve watched those documentaries (and his Roosevelts one), over & over.

As a History lover myself, those are TREMENDOUS documentaries!  They have little side stories, great personalities (the late great Shelby Foote & Buck O’Neill, for example), period photos & music.

Are you looking for live reactments, song & dance?  Are you a  Millennial, who needs constant color & lights bombardment to keep interested?

• Love 4

I (maybe it’s the wrong word( ) liked Baddison on OITNB.  I think she works as a villain.  I don’t really judge an actor on an accent.  Even Michael C Hall had a bitch of a time doing a believable British accent and he is a grade A actor.  Baddison played a interesting agent of chaos.  

Edited by Chaos Theory
On 7/27/2018 at 8:27 PM, auntlada said:

They all had hair that looked like they went to the beauty shop once a week and had it done and then somehow magically kept it nice while they slept. (I seriously never understood how women did that.) I know women used to do that, but by the 1980s (when I was in high school and college), the women I knew who did that were at least in their 60s. And the 50-something-year-old women wore much more casual clothing when they weren't actually working. I think TV costumers back then tended not to dress characters as casually as real people in the rest of the country dressed.

I sort of remember reading something about Hot in Cleveland when it was on about how those women, barring Betty White who was in real life even older than Sophia was supposed to have been, were pushing the same ages as the Golden Girls in their heyday and look what a difference a couple of decades made in hair and makeup and styling and just the way women are expected to (not) visibly age now.  You can really see it when you go back and watch some shows from the late '70s and early '80s.  That big hair really ages all those supposedly hot young things Jack Tripper is lusting after on Three's Company.

My grandmas and my aunts in the '80s were very much the ladies who had standing appointments at the beauty shop once a week, so none of the Golden Girls ever looked out of place to me at least on that front.  They did, however, wear far less inexplicably sequined outfits or heels.

• Love 18
1 hour ago, roamyn said:

OMG are you kidding me?  I’ve watched those documentaries (and his Roosevelts one), over & over.

As a History lover myself, those are TREMENDOUS documentaries!  They have little side stories, great personalities (the late great Shelby Foote & Buck O’Neill, for example), period photos & music.

Are you looking for live reactments, song & dance?  Are you a  Millennial, who needs constant color & lights bombardment to keep interested?

No I don't need any of that and I am not a millennial. 

But for one, I need someone who actually sounds excited about their topic, not droning on monotonously and non-passionately like they are discussing the lunch menu for next week. 

And for example in episode two of the Civil War, why do I care what the whole beginning to end army chain of command is for a random soldier on each side?   

I have watched many other documentaries.  There was one done on the US presidents, beginning to end, that was fascinating. Learned a ton and kept me interested the whole time.  I don't know bells and whistles and flashy things. 

But I need more than he does.  Just because you use some period music and pictures doesn't keep me into the story.  I can go to museums for that. 

Factually, yes, they are great documentaries. 

Trying to watch them and make it through them is another story. 

Dull, Dull, dull. 

• Love 19
3 hours ago, roamyn said:

That's really unnecessary. I'm GenX and I find the Ken Burns documentaries a bit dry. I'm also so over that photo effect they do, where it turns kind of 3D with a voiceover.

• Love 11
3 hours ago, roamyn said:

I think this is kind of rude and condescending. The whole point of this thread is to offer unpopular opinions.

And I agree with the OP. I find Ken Burns dry af. (And yes, I am a millennial, what of it?) I'm certain he's passionate about his subjects but I personally don't find him successful in sharing that passion.

• Love 16

Let's not make it our business to tell others why their opinions suck.

This is a safe place for unpopular opinions.  You can tell by the way it's called "Unpopular Opinions." 

• Love 13
10 minutes ago, Enigma X said:

Attribution of certain traits (good and bad) to whatever so-called generation that is coming of age at the time. Honestly, all that is being said about millenials was said about generation X. I am pretty sure that it was said about baby boomers and will be said about the generation to come. 

YES. Fully agreed. 

• Love 1
1 hour ago, ChromaKelly said:

That's really unnecessary. I'm GenX and I find the Ken Burns documentaries a bit dry. I'm also so over that photo effect they do, where it turns kind of 3D with a voiceover.

I enjoyed it when he used that effect in The Civil War, but I've found its impact diminishes when used for every single documentary series he's done.

• Love 2
On 7/27/2018 at 4:40 PM, kathyk24 said:

KotH doesn't get enough credit for being a smart, well written show.  It always seemed to fly under the radar, but I loved it. 

• Love 10
50 minutes ago, Sweet Summer Child said:

KotH doesn't get enough credit for being a smart, well written show.  It always seemed to fly under the radar, but I loved it. 

It's really fantastic. One of the producers, Jim Dauterive, is a producer of Bob's Burgers, which is also wonderful. KotH has a very talented production and writing crew behind it. It's so underrated.

• Love 3

I'll go even farther.  With all the talk this past year about the Roseanne reboot and cancellation and the related handwringing over the dearth of working class comedy like that show had been the only game in town, it was like they completely forgot about KotH and Bob's Burgers.  Despite being cartoons, both shows managed to be far more realistic about the realities of being working class in America while still being consistently funny and sometimes sweetly sentimental than nearly any of their live-action counterparts in forever.

• Love 16