Type keyword(s) to search

Michelle and JimBob aka J'Chelle and Boob

Message added by cm-soupsipper,

Closure Notice: This Thread is now closed due to the name (and much of the posting within it). Please be mindful going forward by naming topics in a way that invites a healthy community conversation. If you name something for a cheap laugh, this thread may be closed later because it encourages discrimination and harm. 

• Start Topic

2 minutes ago, Albanyguy said:

No, Gothard wouldn't, but I could see Jim Bob and Michelle doing it anyway, keeping it on the down low and rationalizing that it was okay because Jesus laid it on their hearts.

Boob & Michelle do enjoy their cherry picking.

• Love 8
On 10/2/2017 at 0:17 AM, ms.o said:

Topic: I know we all joke about her being on xanex, but would Gothard even allow psychotropic meds?

I think they've been drifting away from Gothardism for a while.  It would take awhile to list, but if you learn about Gothard and what he preaches you'll see they've been drifting away for awhile now. Just contrast middle to early years of 19 K & C with the last couple seasons of 19 K&C and Counting On.

• Love 1

Gothard is gone and Jim Bob and Michelle have always been somewhat selective in what they followed/remembered.  I doubt they're sitting around reading and rereading his publications at this point.  They go to the big conferences and then probably are more closely following whatever Kendra's father preaches.

• Love 5

I wouldn't be surprised if JB and Michelle were drifting away from Gothard. With their egos especially JB I could see him taking what he learned from Gothard for the Church of Duggar or Church of JB. I'd be more surprised it didn't happen sooner. JB thinks he knows everything, he's the expert and controls everyone in his family. He thinks he's brilliant so naturally he should have his own cult...er...church. He can't handle anyone telling him he was wrong. I can't see him handle anyone telling him what to do including Gothard. Maybe he assumed Gothard would see how great and brilliant JB was and he'd move up in their ranks but that didn't happen. 

Edited by andromeda331
  • Love 2

(Have these photos already been posted?) Boob and MEchelle have taken the littles to some very secular events recently: Arkansas Razorbacks football game and a demolition derby. The photos show them and the kids (FU internetz), but how much you wanna bet that a kidult or two were along also? In fact, I see Jeer in the demolition derby photo.

• Love 1
4 minutes ago, ariel said:

I'm sure there was unpaid nannies ( j-slaves ) to herd the little ones.  Is Josie is potty trained?

I hope by now that she is. Pull up pants don't count.  No snark, but that means poor little Josie still has problems if she can't manage this herself by now.

• Love 3
14 minutes ago, ariel said:

I'm sure there was unpaid nannies ( j-slaves ) to herd the little ones.  Is Josie is potty trained?

Yep. Just like how celebrities will make their nannies stand off to the side so the paparazzi only catches them toting their offspring around the airport or walking out of their hotels. 

• Love 6
3 minutes ago, BitterApple said:

Yep. Just like how celebrities will make their nannies stand off to the side so the paparazzi only catches them toting their offspring around the airport or walking out of their hotels. 

Unlike the J-slaves, the celebrity nannies are paid.  At least I hope so.

• Love 8

Only the boys enjoyed the demolition derby? Did the girls just stared at their feet during the event? Their gender role inflexibility makes me rage.  Guess what, my ten year old daughter LOVES demolition derbies, yes it can happen.  It does not make her less of a girl you stupid, inbred rubes.

• Love 21
55 minutes ago, OpieTaylor said:

(Have these photos already been posted?) Boob and MEchelle have taken the littles to some very secular events recently: Arkansas Razorbacks football game and a demolition derby. The photos show them and the kids (FU internetz), but how much you wanna bet that a kidult or two were along also? In fact, I see Jeer in the demolition derby photo.

The stands (at both events) look really empty. Maybe the events gave out free tickets to get some butts in the seats (for optics?)

I've gotten some free or greatly reduced price tickets to different events when they didn't sell as much as they wanted to.

Edited by ChiCricket
More to say
  • Love 2

Let's compare and contrast 13 yr old Jackson's life with 13 yr old JD's life. I've heard it said children in large families have different sets of parents. It was certainly true of mine. As one of the oldest, I grew up with very strict parents, a lot of tension, and occasionally not enough food for everyone. My youngest siblings, by contrast, don't remember any hardship and got away with everything. The highlight of JD's week used to be broom ball with his brothers. Jackson is going to demo derbies!

• Love 16

If they went to the Arkansas game they probably had tons of "Nike" moments.

Some of the sorority/college girls seem to try to out-do each other with how trashy they can look. 

I'm far from modest. A lot of these girls just look trashy. 

They probably spent more time staring at the ground than watching the game. 

• Love 5
5 minutes ago, AUgirl said:

If they went to the Arkansas game they probably had tons of "Nike" moments.

Some of the sorority/college girls seem to try to out-do each other with how trashy they can look. 

I'm far from modest. A lot of these girls just look trashy. 

They probably spent more time staring at the ground than watching the game. 

Oh, I hope they were ALL defrauded.  Big.  

Those shit-eating grins on Boob & Ma Kettle make me want to barf.  

I would bet they got in free, or really cheaply.  Rubes is right, @SMama!

• Love 5
1 hour ago, ariel said:

I think the Duggar girls maternity clothes are trashy.  

Yeah, when did Joy start wearing skin tight tee shirts? Oh right, before the pee stick had even dried.

1 hour ago, OpieTaylor said:

Good point about the stands looking empty at the football game - I wonder if they got to go in for a short time before the general public and watch the team warm up and didn't stay for the game. 

Looks like it was either pre or post game, given the "action" on the field. I don't see any players.

Edited by Sew Sumi
  • Love 6
1 hour ago, Sew Sumi said:

Yeah, when did Joy start wearing skin tight tee shirts? Oh right, before the pee stick had even dried.

She was wearing loose sporty kind of flannel shirts before the wedding. I thought she looked cute for a Duggar.   I could have mistaken her for a Pearl Jam fan (who I love).  Now, it's those skin tight maternity tops that people mock celebrities for wearing.  Despite what they say, those Duggar girls are  worldly & in a most tacky  way.

Edited by ariel
  • Love 8
6 minutes ago, DangerousMinds said:

You have to wonder if any of the young husbands has problems with other men looking at their wife's tight shirts? Because people will look.

I think if another man or woman looked at a hugely pregnant Duggar woman with a skin tight shirt on, it wouldn't be lust.  They would probably think COPS was filming an episode there. 

Now with the Duggar men & the adjacents who knows?  They would probably blame the pregnant wife for defrauding the people staring at her.

• Love 2
2 minutes ago, Rabbittron said:

Both my mom and dad have blue eyes and I have brown eyes the brown ressive gene came out.

Well, this is kind of awkward. The gene for brown eyes is dominant, not recessive. Blue is recessive. It's not impossible for two blue-eyed people to have a child with brown eyes, both because mutations can occur and because eye color is more complicated than simply brown vs. blue, but it is unlikely. It looks like all of the Duggar kids ended up with blue eyes, so it's just a bit weird that Jessa's are brown.

• Love 1

Blue-eyed parents can have a brown-eyed child, though it is uncommon. But I would also not call Jessa's eyes brown - they appear more gray-hazel. And I wouldn't consider JB's eyes straight blue either. Also seem to have a gray/hazel element to them.

• Love 4

I think that they all have sort of blue-ish eyes. I can't swear to this, because I'm not in love with any of the Duggars and haven't spent a lot of time gazing into their vapid eyes, but I have noticed their eyes are more hazel than blue or brown

• Love 4

I had the pleasure of attending a young relative’s Razorback game last year. EVERY seat in the stadium was filled. The Duggar picture was definitely not taken during the actual game. Maybe they attended the game, but this picture sure doesn’t show it.

• Love 1
3 hours ago, cmr2014 said:

I think that they all have sort of blue-ish eyes. I can't swear to this, because I'm not in love with any of the Duggars and haven't spent a lot of time gazing into their vapid eyes, but I have noticed their eyes are more hazel than blue or brown

There are multiple genes that determine eye color, hence, the varying shades of blue and brown seen.  While brown eyes are dominant, a blue eyed couple could easily have brown eyed kids.  Let's say there are 6 genes for eye color and, since brown dominates, anyone with 2 out of 6 genes for brown will have brown eyes.  So, you've got 2 parents, each with 5 blue and one brown eyed gene.  Each contributes 3 genes to their child for eye color.  If both pass along their one gene for brown along with 2 genes for blue; that child will have brown eyes.

This is a very simplified explanation, there are a whole lot of other factors at work here including stuff like variable penetrance, phenotypic expression, etc.  There are people out there with 2 different colored eyes (actress Jane Seymour comes to mind).  

• Love 13
6 hours ago, doodlebug said:

There are multiple genes that determine eye color, hence, the varying shades of blue and brown seen.  While brown eyes are dominant, a blue eyed couple could easily have brown eyed kids.  Let's say there are 6 genes for eye color and, since brown dominates, anyone with 2 out of 6 genes for brown will have brown eyes.  So, you've got 2 parents, each with 5 blue and one brown eyed gene.  Each contributes 3 genes to their child for eye color.  If both pass along their one gene for brown along with 2 genes for blue; that child will have brown eyes.

This is a very simplified explanation, there are a whole lot of other factors at work here including stuff like variable penetrance, phenotypic expression, etc.  There are people out there with 2 different colored eyes (actress Jane Seymour comes to mind).  

I find eye color fascinating. I'm interested to see whether my daughter's baby will have blue or brown eyes...My eyes are brown, as are my husband's, but his mother's eyes were a hazel/blue, his father's blue, and most of his siblings' eyes are in the blue range. My parents' eyes are both brown, though my mom's are a bit more hazel, and her parents both had blue eyes. My daughter's eyes, like my husband's are a deep brown, as are her husband's, but HIS parents and siblings all have blue eyes. So it's kind of anyone's guess, as there are so many recessive blue genes sprinkled in the mix.

• Love 2
On 10/2/2017 at 0:17 AM, ms.o said:

Every state is different. In Missouri, first degree stat rape/sodomy includes a victim under age of 14. Doesn't matter age of perp. Second degree stat is when victim is under 17, perp is over 21. 

Topic: I know we all joke about her being on xanex, but would Gothard even allow psychotropic meds?

Oh please!  Gothard's rules have never applied to Michelle  or Jessa!

• Love 2
1 hour ago, flyingdi said:

Oh please!  Gothard's rules have never applied to Michelle  or Jessa!

My guess would be that the laws of Gothard beat out a lot of things in the TTH. But the laws of what-works-to-get-and-keep-us-on-reality-tv and what-keeps-Jim-Bob-in-pocket-money beat out the laws of Gothard every time. 

An undrugged Meeechelle might have been a Godly-Family-Become-Reality-TeeVee-Stars dealbreaker at times. So drugs it is. 

Edited by Churchhoney
  • Love 11

As one of the oldest, I grew up with very strict parents, a lot of tension, and occasionally not enough food for everyone. My youngest siblings, by contrast, don't remember any hardship and got away with everything.

My father is the youngest of 7 (or 8 if you count the stillborn baby born a couple of years before he was). His siblings put together a VHS tape from old photos & narrated it. One photo was my dad as a little kid riding in a pedal car and his sibling said, "You know that's Tommy because Mom & Dad couldn't afford store bought toys before he was born."

• Love 2
11 hours ago, doodlebug said:

I know this is true but I pretend I don't because  the solution to Trixie Belsen and the Mysterious Visitor  hinged on eye color. Trixie cant be wrong. ?

• Love 11
2 hours ago, AUgirl said:

Trixie Belden would never be wrong. Unlike that hussy Nancy Drew. 

Nancy's boyish, sporty (girl)friend George was DA BOMB, though. Would have been good company for Joy back in the day.

• Love 7
On 10/5/2017 at 5:33 PM, DangerousMinds said:

You have to wonder if any of the young husbands has problems with other men looking at their wife's tight shirts? Because people will look.

I see this pretty often—a woman dressed in a sexy outfit accompanied by her/a man and I wonder why the man doesn’t tell her she looks sexy and I’ve determined it’s because neither realize it or the guy is showing her off. Lots of young women don’t seem to know they look f#&able at all. Personally, I had no idea until I was quite old and cringe at some of the outfits I’d naively thought were OK to wear out to the grocery store and wonder why the men in my life didn’t  educate me. There’s not much available in stores today for women to wear that isn’t sexy imo.

• Love 1

When you shop for classic styles, there is always something appropriate to wear to the grocery store OR a wedding reception. I don't shop trendy and my clothing has always been classic when I was in my early 20s to now, my very late 50s.

• Love 4
6 hours ago, TVwithTea said:

I see this pretty often—a woman dressed in a sexy outfit accompanied by her/a man and I wonder why the man doesn’t tell her she looks sexy and I’ve determined it’s because neither realize it or the guy is showing her off. Lots of young women don’t seem to know they look f#&able at all. Personally, I had no idea until I was quite old and cringe at some of the outfits I’d naively thought were OK to wear out to the grocery store and wonder why the men in my life didn’t  educate me. There’s not much available in stores today for women to wear that isn’t sexy imo.

I guess we will have to agree to disagree.  There is plenty available that is more appropriate than "sexy" - one just has to choose that.  I am a grandma and I shop at Target, Talbots (only on the sale rack, marked down twice) and a Junior League resale shop.  I get my pants at Dillards because they have some nice store brand that are pull on but not with an elastic waist.  With a shirt on they look like regular pants/jeans.  None of the women I know dress "sexy" but most of us aren't frumpy either.   I think it is a matter of choice.

• Love 8
On 10/5/2017 at 8:33 PM, DangerousMinds said:

I don't think these fundie types think it is possible for a pregnant woman to look sexy.  However, they approve the tight fitting shirts because it makes their wives look FERTILE and proves to everyone that not only is he gettin' some, he's shootin' bullets!

As far as clothing being sexy (AKA trashy), I find that the key, pregnant or not, is to buy the appropriate size.  I don't think that wearing a tee shirt while pregnant looks bad per se, it's when that shirt is 2 sizes too small, ala the Duggars. I am sure there are plenty of tee shirts out there in the right size and at the right price, they just don't buy them.  Alas, it seems like a lot of younger women these days  think dressing like a Kardashian is the way to go.

• Love 17
42 minutes ago, GeeGolly said:

Why would a woman need a man to tell her how she's dressed? I'm sure she knows.

This X10, please! I'm wondering where moms, sisters, aunties and friends are to provide constructive feedback? 

• Love 2
1 hour ago, lookeyloo said:

I guess we will have to agree to disagree.  There is plenty available that is more appropriate than "sexy" - one just has to choose that.  I am a grandma and I shop at Target, Talbots (only on the sale rack, marked down twice) and a Junior League resale shop.  I get my pants at Dillards because they have some nice store brand that are pull on but not with an elastic waist.  With a shirt on they look like regular pants/jeans.  None of the women I know dress "sexy" but most of us aren't frumpy either.   I think it is a matter of choice.

We sure will! I'm in my 50s and from time to time get hit on by guys in their 20s when I'm wearing what I think is a pretty unsexy outfit from Target, and glasses, and no make up. I consider all the Duggar girls to look and dress sexy by my standards anyway. Like I said, it's hard to dress in a way that no man would consider sexy.

12 minutes ago, Catfin said:

This X10, please! I'm wondering where moms, sisters, aunties and friends are to provide constructive feedback? 

In this cult, men's (fathers' and husbands') are all that matters. You can see this in all of the Duggar daughters' clothing choices.