Type keyword(s) to search

Michelle and JimBob aka J'Chelle and Boob

Message added by cm-soupsipper,

Closure Notice: This Thread is now closed due to the name (and much of the posting within it). Please be mindful going forward by naming topics in a way that invites a healthy community conversation. If you name something for a cheap laugh, this thread may be closed later because it encourages discrimination and harm. 

• Start Topic

4 hours ago, Arwen Evenstar said:

I'm humbled by the oower of nature as much as any other human being, but most certainly not going to say that in a way that it's understood that God is punishing people. I wonder how many times God smacks his head as these Fundy pronouncements of judgment upon all and sundry.

Aaaaaand, the Kellers live there as well. 

Pretty sure God has knocked Himself out by now.

• Love 4

I don't think this applies to all Christians, but I do think it applies to Boob & Michelle Duggar, their children &  the adjacents. 

“I like your Christ;
I do not like your Christians.
Your Christians are so unlike your Christ.”

– Mahatma Gandhi

• Love 17
On 9/6/2017 at 4:01 PM, Lunera said:

I cackled so hard at this picture. That's the face I give my headship when I'm having gastrointestinal problems.

I did too. My 12 year old thoughts went like this:

Mechelle: I thought it was just gas but it wasn't.

Boob:Dammit Michelle!

• Love 7

In all seriousness, its shit like that, that can mess you up. Michelle has become an actor in her own life. Gothard says look longingly at your headship, the Bible says babies are blessings. Feel this, feel that. Think this, think that. Do this, do that. Michelle wouldn't know a genuine internal feeling or thought if it hit her in the face.

Edited by GeeGolly
  • Love 23
On 9/8/2017 at 4:36 PM, Kokapetl said:

They got six planes now. ??????

Six planes and one and a half pilots. Maybe it's Duggar math skills in action. 

Since JB keeps taking the boys to those air shows, I do wonder whether he's thinking about setting them all up as pilots somehow. But unless they had commercial licenses, it wouldn't do any good, monetarily.

I do expect the IRS would come a-knocking if you appeared to be running an air-transport or air-passenger service while claiming that you just had the planes for the personal use of friends and didn't charge for it, which I assume is what they say now, when it's only JD who seems to fly other people.

So I guess he's just going to rent the planes out. .... But if the younger boys are repeatedly taken to air shows and then not allowed to become actual working pilots, that would be more cruelty. .... I suppose they could just go into rotation flying the family with JD, but it's hard to see how anybody would get much flying time if that were the case. They take trips -- but not that many trips. And those planes wouldn't be good for much beside fairly short hops. 

Edited by Churchhoney
  • Love 4
42 minutes ago, Caracoa1 said:

Does Michelle lose interest in her grandchildren once they hit the 6-month mark?

Might be even earlier in cases where a new grandkid appears before the previous grandkid has hit the 6-month mark, I think.

With her own babies, she presumably had some hormone action helping to fuel the early oooohhh-I've-produced-another-one-look-at-meeeee! enthusiasm. But with the grandbabies, all she's got is the thrill of the counting.

• Love 9
56 minutes ago, Caracoa1 said:

Does Michelle lose interest in her grandchildren once they hit the 6-month mark?

I don't see her having much interest in them, ever.  She talks about them in videos, but only in terms of what their existence means to HER and JB.  We don't see much of her holding them or cuddling them or even gushing over them.  Lord knows, unlike Cathy, she surely never offers to care for them.  She views them as notches in her belt; I don't think she spends much time at all thinking about them as individuals.

• Love 19

I always thought watching how the kids reacted to her spoke volumes.  Mack and Michael don't even realize she is there or have any sort of reaction to her.  My kids are always SUPER excited to see their grandparents and it shows.  Excited squeals, constant chatting to them, wanting cuddles, etc.

I was just rewatching the episode where they leave Josh and Anna in DC and Michelle was holding Marcus.  You could almost feel her trying to force out some tears to go with her words about being sad to leave her grandbabies (also hearing her call them grandbabies makes me stabby).  Also there was nothing to indicate she had any sort of emotional response to leaving the older two and vice versa.  Personal anecdote - we recently moved 9 hours away from all our families.  My mother in law was visibly upset that last day and between her and the kids I think there were 10-12 "last hugs" given.  Did Michelle even give them a personal goodbye? 

• Love 11
1 hour ago, doodlebug said:

I don't see her having much interest in them, ever.  She talks about them in videos, but only in terms of what their existence means to HER and JB.  We don't see much of her holding them or cuddling them or even gushing over them.  Lord knows, unlike Cathy, she surely never offers to care for them.  She views them as notches in her belt; I don't think she spends much time at all thinking about them as individuals.

I agree. If this wasn't Michelle I wouldn't say that I blame her (for not wanting to care for them, viewing them as notches on her belt is awful no matter what) as she still has a bunch of minor children of her own at home to care for (not babies or toddlers but younger than 12 and needing of supervision) but this is MICHELLE, she has no time, attention or affection for her own kids much less anyone else's children. Let's see who's at home now- the littlest are Jackson (13), Johannah (11), Jennifer (10), Jordyn (8), Josie (7)....and JTyler. All being cared for by Jana thank goodness they have someone. 

Edited by Scarlett45
  • Love 11
24 minutes ago, Scarlett45 said:

I agree. If this wasn't Michelle I wouldn't say that I blame her (for not wanting to care for them, viewing them as notches on her belt is awful no matter what) as she still has a bunch of minor children of her own at home to care for (not babies or toddlers but younger than 12 and needing of supervision) but this is MICHELLE, she has no time, attention or affection for her own kids much less anyone else's children. Let's see who's at home now- the littlest are Jackson (13), Johannah (11), Jennifer (10), Jordyn (8), Josie (7)....and JTyler. All being cared for by Jana thank goodness they have someone. 

Plus she has a few teenage boys. And last time I looked they need a lot of certain kinds of nurturing as well. Not to mention someone who cares enough to feed them well. That's a whole bunch of kids who must certainly think -- correctly -- that their mother doesn't give a crap for them. ... And then they have to hear her gushing about her excitement over 200 "grandbabies"! I can't imagine that some of them aren't absolutely seething with inchoate and ill-understood rage. Even as they gather on her damn birthday and talk about how "godly" she is. 

And then there's Jana, who's doing all this work. And has been doing it for 20 years. When it never has been and is not now her job. 

The hideous Duggar parents are about the best brainwashers in the world, apparently, since no kid has yet risen up to brain them with a brick. They're right up there with Jill and Chimpie in that category. 

• Love 16
On 9/6/2017 at 6:56 PM, JoanArc said:

I like to see them justify how they can be good grandparents to 200 grandkids.....

....while on missioncation in Hawaii.  Tough to be the fun Mee-Maw when you're several time zones away.

This whole 200 grandkids thing really burns me, though.  Aquanet and RatsNest don't give a freaking damn about their individual grandchildren - for them, it's only about the QUANTITY.  If they cared, perhaps they'd re-word their sentiment about being grandparents to say something like, "as many grandchildren as the Lord blesses upon us."  Mentioning a number in the hundreds makes it very clear that all of their children best get to marrying and procreating like bunny rabbits (except Jana), because that's what's expected of them.  This whole "grandparent conference" nonsense makes my skin crawl.  Is JB going to speak about how he expects a whole lotta "bow-chicka-wow" on his children's honeymoons?  Is he going to nudge-nudge-wink-wink at Michelle, who'll be standing there next to him with an idiotic grin on her face as she tries not to smell his breath, knowing that all this grandbaby talk is going to get JB's motor running later on?  I can't imagine a more repulsive couple to talk about the joys of being grandparents than these two wingnuts.

Edited by laurakaye
  • Love 22
2 hours ago, doodlebug said:

Kelly Bates has a truckload of cuddly photos on Insta - in stark contrast, Meeechelle has none. It has always been glaringly obvious that her own children have zero connection with her as well. Look at any family photo, any video, especially the younger ones always give her the "da fuq, who are you?" look. It's sad.

• Love 12
3 hours ago, doodlebug said:

Absolutely, hence the frantic race to produce #20. It's all about the numbers, so that JB and Michelle could whip out the pictures and show the world their huge, holy, God-fearing family. I think in their twisted minds, they adopted Tyler so he would count as the 20th because the had that number in their heads all along.

• Love 5
9 hours ago, laurakaye said:

This whole 200 grandkids thing really burns me, though.  Aquanet and RatsNest don't give a freaking damn about their individual grandchildren - for them, it's only about the QUANTITY.  If they cared, perhaps they'd re-word their sentiment about being grandparents to say something like, "as many grandchildren as the Lord blesses upon us."  Mentioning a number in the hundreds makes it very clear that all of their children best get to marrying and procreating like bunny rabbits (except Jana), because that's what's expected of them.  This whole "grandparent conference" nonsense makes my skin crawl.  Is JB going to speak about how he expects a whole lotta "bow-chicka-wow" on his children's honeymoons?  Is he going to nudge-nudge-wink-wink at Michelle, who'll be standing there next to him with an idiotic grin on her face as she tries not to smell his breath, knowing that all this grandbaby talk is going to get JB's motor running later on?  I can't imagine a more repulsive couple to talk about the joys of being grandparents than these two wingnuts.

I also firmly believe that they have done the math, and the actual number of grandchildren they expect is 342 (19 x 18). Each of the children must have as many children as the Lord grants them -- up to, but not greater than, the number of blessings produced by MOTY.

• Love 4
13 hours ago, Churchhoney said:

And then there's Jana, who's doing all this work. And has been doing it for 20 years. When it never has been and is not now her job. 

This is rather off-topic, but I can sometimes see the Duggars as a basis for a horror movie with one of the following plots:

1. Jana finally loses it

2. Michelle being AWOL around the time of her laundry room breakdown and the kids trying to figure out how to survive

It wouldn't be the type of horror movie that relies on scary make-believe creatures, it would be the time that is ten times more terrifying because it is firmly grounded in reality.

• Love 7

I had quite a run-in with Meeeechelle in my first-ever Duggar dream last night! I was at the TTH baby-sitting the two youngest girls. I found a stash of old VHS tapes and put one in the VCR (whatever, it was a dream) for the children to watch. It was a Barney-type video, very tame, but one of the characters randomly dropped a MF-bomb.  I was hoping it would fly over the girls' heads, but they were clearly traumatized. I was trying to attend to them when Meeeeechelle swooped in like a bat out of hell (think Jessica Walter in Play Misty for Me). It was terrifying, but thankfully, it ended there.

• Love 4
10 hours ago, cmr2014 said:

I also firmly believe that they have done the math, and the actual number of grandchildren they expect is 342 (19 x 18). Each of the children must have as many children as the Lord grants them -- up to, but not greater than, the number of blessings produced by MOTY.

Why 19x18? Discounting Jana due to age, or Josie due to being Josie?

• Love 1
On 9/10/2017 at 10:38 AM, Scarlett45 said:

*Boob and Mechelle cuddling and cooing to M grandbaby* Ooooh, this reminds me of when we had little ones!

*3 year-old Josie falls head-first down a mineshaft in the background*

• Love 18
3 hours ago, Jynnan tonnix said:

I wonder...if it turned out somehow that the only way/only reason Michelle got to rack up 200 grandchildren was if one or more of the boys had been out sowing wild oats, would she gloat about the number or ignore it?

Now THAT is an excellent question. Or, say one of them reinterpreted Scripture to say they were gonna be like some of the patriarchs and have multiple wives who could produce multiple blessings. Good because hey, it's in the Bible, or bad?

• Love 4
On 9/10/2017 at 9:09 AM, Caracoa1 said:

I'm not sure she has much interest in them in the first place, other than adding them to her 'score.'

• Love 11

Little girl (Hannie?) looks like she's contractually obligated to do this. "You have to say one thing that Mom did for you, and be specific. Then you have to say something you did together and say what a blessing it is. Got it?"

• Love 16
3 hours ago, lookeyloo said:

Anna is starting to speak like Pris. Some of them have specific memories of doing things /being with Michelle. How did that happen?  

And I saw a little Pris in Jinger too - at one point she was contorting her eyebrows and face like Pris does.  Don't go there, Jinge, no!!

All those specific memories of MEchelle seemed like FU Internetz to me.  

Josh talking about MEchelle roller skating and water skiing - those were show episodes from not that long ago, less than 10 years ago, so Josh was an adult by then. Granted the roller skating episode was in a rink, not some warehouse like he was babbling about.

• Love 3
6 hours ago, BetyBee said:

JD felt the need to identify himself to his mother in a video.  That cracked me up!

I surprised they don't all give their name and rank when talking to their mother.

"Hi, Mom, it's me John David number 3 in the lineup."

Otherwise you get, "We have a Justin?"

• Love 14
41 minutes ago, flyingdi said:

I surprised they don't all give their name and rank when talking to their mother.

"Hi, Mom, it's me John David number 3 in the lineup."

Otherwise you get, "We have a Justin?"

I wouldn't be surprised if they just gave up the names and did J1, J2, J3, J4, etc.  Would make it so much simpler for the simple minded parents.

• Love 4

Jeremy slept in the boy's room? You're a grown man. Get a hotel room. Their Continental breakfast Trump's Mechelle's stupid omelettes. And I don't think Mechelle ever made a roll in her life, but she certainly had a recipe for this and everything else for her girls. 

• Love 11

When in the hell did MEchelle teach any of her girls to cook? When they filmed that awful Mother's Day Dinner made by Jessa and Jill, Jessa just popped frozen rolls in the oven, that she proudly always forgets to preheat. What's next, vivid memories about MEchelle's homemade lasagna? This rewriting of history pisses me off because my elderly grandma actually took time to teach me how to cook. From the moment we arrived home with our then sixteen month daughter she became my souz chef. She would "help me" line up the ingredients, it progressed to her reading the recipe, and actually measuring ingredients. Those memories are as real as the ones I had with my grandma, not fiction for the purpose of praising a lazy mother.  Jeremy on the boys' dorm is all kinds of wrong. 

• Love 17
6 minutes ago, SMama said:

When in the hell did MEchelle teach any of her girls to cook? When they filmed that awful Mother's Day Dinner made by Jessa and Jill, Jessa just popped frozen rolls in the oven, that she proudly always forgets to preheat. What's next, vivid memories about MEchelle's homemade lasagna? This rewriting of history pisses me off because my elderly grandma actually took time to teach me how to cook. From the moment we arrived home with our then sixteen month daughter she became my souz chef. She would "help me" line up the ingredients, it progressed to her reading the recipe, and actually measuring ingredients. Those memories are as real as the ones I had with my grandma, not fiction for the purpose of praising a lazy mother.  Jeremy on the boys' dorm is all kinds of wrong. 

Didn't Smuggar have a room of his own in the TTH at some point where he was supposedly doing film editing and such?  Why in the heck hasn't that been converted into a guest bedroom for the married couples when they visit or even an actual private bedroom for poor Jana?

For that matter, Anna could have probably used some privacy at night back when she and her kids were staying at the big house while Josh was in Jesus jail.

Considering the number of kids those huge dorms used to hold and how many have now gotten married off, especially the girls, surely there is room to partition off a small bedroom with a private bath from the girls' dorm, too.

Edited by doodlebug
  • Love 10
4 minutes ago, doodlebug said:

Didn't Smuggar have a room of his own in the TTH at some point where he was supposedly doing film editing and such? 

It wasn't really a room or all his.  It was a closet that had a couple of computers.  It wasn't large enough for even a twin bed.  

• Love 1
1 minute ago, Absolom said:

It wasn't really a room or all his.  It was a closet that had a couple of computers.  It wasn't large enough for even a twin bed.  

OK, but in a house that size, surely there is space that can be carved out to make a private bedroom/bath for visitors, or, better yet, for the adult daughter who is providing 24/7 childcare for the past 15 or more years.  JB and Michelle are so completely self absorbed and selfish, that it doesn't occur to them that perhaps their adult children and in laws would prefer not to sleep in a stinky, dorm with a bunch of teens and preteens.

• Love 11
1 hour ago, Natalie68 said:

I wouldn't be surprised if they just gave up the names and did J1, J2, J3, J4, etc.  Would make it so much simpler for the simple minded parents.

I don't know. Math is hard, y'all. 

1 hour ago, floridamom said:

Wait a minute here, Jinger. Your mother is your best friend? I thought it was Jeremy.

I think none of the Duggars is too clear on that "best friend' concept. ... Or even the "friend" concept. ....

They've got "sweet friend" down, though. That's some virtual stranger who gives them a present, or lunch. Maybe they think "best friend" is similar. Although in Meeechelle's case there'd be no present, or lunch. 

• Love 6
29 minutes ago, doodlebug said:

OK, but in a house that size, surely there is space that can be carved out to make a private bedroom/bath for visitors, or, better yet, for the adult daughter who is providing 24/7 childcare for the past 15 or more years.  JB and Michelle are so completely self absorbed and selfish, that it doesn't occur to them that perhaps their adult children and in laws would prefer not to sleep in a stinky, dorm with a bunch of teens and preteens.

Or just put a manufactured home on the site so their adult guests don't have to smell Jackson's feet all damn night.  Ok, I am picking on Jackson.  ALL their feet probably stink.

• Love 10
1 hour ago, doodlebug said:

OK, but in a house that size, surely there is space that can be carved out to make a private bedroom/bath for visitors

They have both the guest room and the guest house and now Mary's log cabin that they could use if they only would.

• Love 4
15 minutes ago, SMama said:

The thing is Boob is loathe to give adults privacy. Maybe he has Joshley's house completely wired, including the bathroom. 

Plus, in my opinion Jizm Boob and Meeechelle are the kind of people who truly don't see any other humans as actually being human. They're completely self-absorbed. The mere fact that other people even have points of view is largely lost on them, and to the extent they know that other points of view exist they simply discount them. That's their nature. And it's been confirmed over the years by their great good luck -- in having 19 kids with only one sad disaster, in getting these damn tv shows to pay the bills, in living near people who are kind -- and stupid -- enough to leave them groceries when JB's throwing his money away on senate races. Etc.

When you take a self-centered person and add a whole lot of good luck, a self-centered monster is created. Never would cross their damn minds that it would be nice for guests to have a private, clean place to sleep. Or that their kids are actual individual humans.  

• Love 13