Type keyword(s) to search

Michelle and JimBob aka J'Chelle and Boob

Message added by cm-soupsipper,

Closure Notice: This Thread is now closed due to the name (and much of the posting within it). Please be mindful going forward by naming topics in a way that invites a healthy community conversation. If you name something for a cheap laugh, this thread may be closed later because it encourages discrimination and harm. 

• Start Topic

And since it's highly likely that Joe will need to be supported by JB, he'll have to soon feed Kendrab (and her spawn).  Add in all those other Howlers, and their wives and spawn, and, well, I'd be feeling pretty squeezed if I were JB!

• Love 2
3 hours ago, GeeGolly said:

The whole thing just negates Michelle's humble claim. The reason she states that she gave birth to them all is because she believes it makes her special/better than mothers with large families that include adopted children.

Especially the accursed step-children!

• Love 7
3 hours ago, GeeGolly said:

The whole thing just negates Michelle's humble claim. The reason she states that she gave birth to them all is because she believes it makes her special/better than mothers with large families that include adopted children.

That is so backwards to me.  

• Love 6

Michelle and Jim Bob are really starting to look extra bizarre in their clothing, hair etc.  

Their pictures in Hawaii are awful.  Looks like someone photoshopped a tired old couple from 1985 into some 2017 pictures.  When you see them in a group, they actually catch your eye because they look so strange. Almost like retro mannequins just propped up in various places with live 2017 humans. 

• Love 19
On 7/30/2017 at 10:50 AM, Kokapetl said:

Michelle's "and I delivered every one of them!" always sounded wrong to me. To me, doctors (and nurses etc) deliver patients' babies, patients give birth. Consider the terminology used in this article: 'Pregnant doctor delivers baby, then gives birth herself'

For me, she used that phrasing to indicate that she was each of the children's biological mother and that none of the 19 were given birth to by anyone but her. The phrase never bothered me because I thought she used it for clarification which makes sense because some people might assume some of the kids weren't birthed by her because there are so many of them.

That being said, I did actually physically deliver all three of my children even though I had attendants at the births plus I'm "on the spectrum" as they now call it (I'm autistic) so I take things literally by nature. No interventions were needed during the births so no one actually did anything during the births but me so it's accurate for me to say I delivered all my children. 

But now that you mention it Kokapetl, it is inaccurate for her to say she delivered every one of them if someone else did the deed(s).

• Love 6
22 hours ago, Marigold said:

Michelle and Jim Bob are really starting to look extra bizarre in their clothing, hair etc.  

Their pictures in Hawaii are awful.  Looks like someone photoshopped a tired old couple from 1985 into some 2017 pictures.  When you see them in a group, they actually catch your eye because they look so strange. Almost like retro mannequins just propped up in various places with live 2017 humans. 

Good. That way people will be alerted to the fact that they're sci-fi-horror-flick weird and stay far away from them. .... Avoid the potential corrupting influences.

• Love 10
2 hours ago, Churchhoney said:

Good. That way people will be alerted to the fact that they're sci-fi-horror-flick weird and stay far away from them. .... Avoid the potential corrupting influences.

Good point. 

Their freakish appearance will make people suspicious, like they are aliens trying to get you to take a ride on the space ship! 

• Love 2
On 7/26/2017 at 11:24 PM, Temperance said:

I always got the impression Jessa was happy to have mold house since it would be easier to clean.  

This palace will be very hard to clean. It would make sense to have at least 2 families to deal with cleaning. 

It wouldn't surprise me if JB and Michelle moved in themselves and gave their house to someone like Jessa?

I don't see them giving it to someone who doesn't have kids yet, but we'll see.

Yet she still doesn't seem to do it!

• Love 1
On 7/28/2017 at 4:33 PM, JoanArc said:

I randomly flipped to 49  - your enthusiasm gets me excited. Read by a woman who looks like an ISIS prisoner reading a public statement.

And Jesus Christ, throw the puke green blouse into a volcano and film it.

Pele would shoot that shirt right out of there and make Zuul from Ghostbusters look downright civilized!

On 7/29/2017 at 1:22 PM, SMama said:

Could we bestow upon them the Absent Parents and Grifters of the year award? I wish I was talented enough to design the award. I'll even ship it to them. I'd request comments from those willing and include them with the award. They are in a leg humper haze, it'd be good for them to understand how rational individuals see through their cult bullshit. Yes I'm well aware I'm hell bound. 

You can share my basket.  I opted for the double wide version so I don't have to travel alone!

On 7/29/2017 at 6:24 PM, doodlebug said:

It also says in the article that others donated items for the 'flea market' they ran.  There were tents and carnival games including a dunking booth; all of which was undoubtedly paid for by TLC.  The girls and boys made some stuff that they sold; the cost of the materials was deducted from the proceeds according to the article.  So, the Duggars ran a fund raiser for the NICU to which they apparently contributed nothing except their presence which was compensated since it was filmed for the show.  Not impressed.

If anyone thinks they would've ever done this at their own expense and not for the cameras; I've got a bridge in Brooklyn to sell you.

If they really wanted to make a difference and seem like they truly gave a damn they would donate an ep payment and spared anyone looking at a sale of Duggar boys skidmark underpants.  Or JB's.  

• Love 6
On 7/31/2017 at 3:04 PM, JoanArc said:

Light teleportation over the clothes.

Ok I am blind as a bat and JUST looked at your avatar.  SWOON!  Love me some Jerry Blank!  You crack me up.  Loving your posts.

• Love 5
10 hours ago, Marigold said:

Good point. 

Their freakish appearance will make people suspicious, like they are aliens trying to get you to take a ride on the space ship! 

Ha! Makes me think of SNL Coneheads....

• Love 3
13 hours ago, Churchhoney said:

FYI: This post could be insulting to sci-fi-horror-flick weirdos who may be members of this forum. Personally, I'm not one of them but I have met a few over the years and they were all much better humans than these two. #kiddingnotkidding ?

• Love 7
43 minutes ago, SMama said:

You are a kind soul Ms. Evenstar, I'd love to see Boob forced to eat something completely different. The same he has heaped on his children for years.

I don't like JB and J'chelle -- I think they're bad people and terrible parents, but I think the real villain here is Gothard. JB and J'chelle are weak and fearful people. They desperately wanted a rule book, and they desperately wanted to believe that if they followed the rule book, they would be safe and secure. If Gothard had told them to raise goats, they would have done that and had no more children (J'chelle doesn't like children after all). A lot of people are paying for the bad decisions of others here, but none of this would have happened without Gothard.

• Love 3
25 minutes ago, cmr2014 said:

I don't like JB and J'chelle -- I think they're bad people and terrible parents, but I think the real villain here is Gothard. JB and J'chelle are weak and fearful people. They desperately wanted a rule book, and they desperately wanted to believe that if they followed the rule book, they would be safe and secure. If Gothard had told them to raise goats, they would have done that and had no more children (J'chelle doesn't like children after all). A lot of people are paying for the bad decisions of others here, but none of this would have happened without Gothard.

Is it known specifically why JB and J'chelle chose to follow Gothard in the first place or was it general "weak, fearful, they wanted a rulebook, etc." types of reason?

3 minutes ago, TeaInTheMoment said:

Is it known specifically why JB and J'chelle chose to follow Gothard in the first place or was it general "weak, fearful, they wanted a rulebook, etc." types of reason?

IIRC, they know it's/Gothardic principles are perceived as cultish and weird, and haven't specifically said much about following him at all.  They have made more than black-and-white-thinking types of statements in other areas, that indicate they'd be all for something rigid and controlling.  JB feels that he was ostracized as a younger man/child because his father wasn't the strict type of Christian; and they both, IIRC, indicated stories early in their marriage about not being able to handle debt/television viewing responsibly together, and thus jettisoning both to the deepest depths imaginable.

• Love 8
7 hours ago, queenanne said:

IIRC, they know it's/Gothardic principles are perceived as cultish and weird, and haven't specifically said much about following him at all.  They have made more than black-and-white-thinking types of statements in other areas, that indicate they'd be all for something rigid and controlling.  JB feels that he was ostracized as a younger man/child because his father wasn't the strict type of Christian; and they both, IIRC, indicated stories early in their marriage about not being able to handle debt/television viewing responsibly together, and thus jettisoning both to the deepest depths imaginable.

If only they'd jettisoned the idea of having so many children, which they handle even less responsibly.

• Love 6
12 hours ago, cmr2014 said:

Eh, I think if not for Gothard, they would have found some other cult to support and nurture their narcissism. My take has always been that Jim Bob and Michelle were very young and not very bright fundy-leaning rednecks when they entered into the covenant of REAL MARRIAGE. Michelle spiraled when she miscarried their second child, blaming herself, likely demanding explanations from God in her simple, black-and-white thinking, desperate to cling to something, ANYTHING, that would make her feel less like the baby-murderer I'm sure she was made to feel like on some level by her idiotic "community." Gothard probably got the biggest erection ever when he came across Jim Bob and Michelle, a young couple in crisis who were desperately seeking answers within their safe, insular little religious world. I really, truly believe that Michelle's compulsive need to spit out babies and forget about them a couple of weeks later stems directly from the child that she miscarried after Josh--and the "counsel" she likely received as a result. There is a tremendous amount of self-loathing in Michelle. She abuses and subjugates herself through her own bastardized interpretation of motherhood and, without any sense of irony whatsoever, collects awards for it even when SHE KNOWS the results of her actions (molestation amongst the 389473294378 siblings, for example) have caused harm. They were ripe for the picking. If Gothard hadn't gotten them, some other equally idiotic cult would have.

• Love 13
13 hours ago, cmr2014 said:

12 hours ago, queenanne said:

If that's true, I'm not sure Got-hard (or GoTard) is to blame. They're all equally horrible. Having a dad whose non-strictness got him ostracized and needing help with money and impulse control doesn't get them off the hook.  Maybe they're simply too PRIDEFUL to admit their mistakes? Of course we all know their GREED and LUST issues are all too obvious. Anger, envy, sloth, gluttony, and vanity seem secondary imo but that's arguable. It is probably pride (and lack of education which at this point in time is also their choice aka willful ignorance) that's the main thing keeping them stuck and abusive. Either way, they're in their 50s. They should know better by now.

Edited by TeaInTheMoment
Typos
  • Love 2
20 minutes ago, Aja said:

Eh, I think if not for Gothard, they would have found some other cult to support and nurture their narcissism. My take has always been that Jim Bob and Michelle were very young and not very bright fundy-leaning rednecks when they entered into the covenant of REAL MARRIAGE. Michelle spiraled when she miscarried their second child, blaming herself, likely demanding explanations from God in her simple, black-and-white thinking, desperate to cling to something, ANYTHING, that would make her feel less like the baby-murderer I'm sure she was made to feel like on some level by her idiotic "community." Gothard probably got the biggest erection ever when he came across Jim Bob and Michelle, a young couple in crisis who were desperately seeking answers within their safe, insular little religious world. I really, truly believe that Michelle's compulsive need to spit out babies and forget about them a couple of weeks later stems directly from the child that she miscarried after Josh--and the "counsel" she likely received as a result. There is a tremendous amount of self-loathing in Michelle. She abuses and subjugates herself through her own bastardized interpretation of motherhood and, without any sense of irony whatsoever, collects awards for it even when SHE KNOWS the results of her actions (molestation amongst the 389473294378 siblings, for example) have caused harm. They were ripe for the picking. If Gothard hadn't gotten them, some other equally idiotic cult would have.

Aja and I were composing our posts simultaneously and when I started composing mine, Aja's want there yet or mine would have been a bit different but yes, that makes perfect sense. 

43 minutes ago, Marigold said:

So...Is Jim Bob enraged at Derick for his anti Jazz tweet? Or is he proud that Derick took a stand?

I'm voting with "enraged due to lost earnings" 

I think he fundamentally believes what Dicktwat tweeted, but might be enraged that he directed it towards TLC and named Jazz, especially if TLC punishes the Duggars as a result. JB could lay into Dicktwat and tell him that he should express his beliefs by making robocalls like his Godly MIL.

• Love 8
10 hours ago, Aja said:

Eh, I think if not for Gothard, they would have found some other cult to support and nurture their narcissism. My take has always been that Jim Bob and Michelle were very young and not very bright fundy-leaning rednecks when they entered into the covenant of REAL MARRIAGE. Michelle spiraled when she miscarried their second child, blaming herself, likely demanding explanations from God in her simple, black-and-white thinking, desperate to cling to something

I think Michelle went to some looney fundy doctor that blamed her miscarriage on using the pill.  The Duggar's sanity got really out of hand after that & there was no turning back.

• Love 6
1 hour ago, ariel said:

I think Michelle went to some looney fundy doctor that blamed her miscarriage on using the pill.  The Duggar's sanity got really out of hand after that & there was no turning back.

I'm their age and I distinctly remember coming across more than one piece of fundie literature saying The Pill worked by causing monthly abortions. It was the early 80s. 

• Love 4
1 minute ago, MargeGunderson said:

Sadly, I'm pretty sure that completely unscientific information is still be perpetuated.

Yes, now the pill leaves hundreds of calcified embryos in your body.

• Love 1
11 hours ago, JoanArc said:

Yes, now the pill leaves hundreds of calcified embryos in your body.

Joanarc - yes, there is some crazy fundy dude on conservative radio that believes that.  I forgot his name

ETA - it might been a Congress/Senate person from Texas, where all the crazy comes from.

Edited by ariel
  • Love 2
3 hours ago, crazycatlady58 said:

Now now, I am from Texas we cannot be blamed for ALL the crazies. We just have a lot of " interesting" people. By the way do you know why We have so many? Because nuts roll downhill.

You did have the great Ann Richards.  I loved her.

Edited by ariel
  • Love 10
On August 2, 2017 at 11:51 AM, IntoTheMystic said:

I think Ben always looks stoned. His eyes just glass over while Jessa is talking. I don't even think he pays attention to half of what she says. And when she looks at him during her many spiels and he thinks he's required to speak . . . he usually just mumbles until she's appeased. It's sad to watch. I mean . . . I think he probably loves his wife and kids, but I think he's also seeing that being a dad so young and marrying into a crazy quilt of idiocy just isn't a great place to be. I think the kid is miserable. I really do. He was very "deer in headlights" when he was sitting behind Jessa for Henry's birth. He wanted to be anywhere but there. I'd feel bad for him if I could muster up a give a damn about anyone in this clan o'crazy.

Maybe Bengermin is helping Jana in her garden. Probably the only reason Jana can smile and keep sweet for so long.  In the back of my mind, I smile and picture her going out to her beautiful garden and lighting one up.  

• Love 5
5 hours ago, crazycatlady58 said:

Now now, I am from Texas we cannot be blamed for ALL the crazies. We just have a lot of " interesting" people. By the way do you know why We have so many? Because nuts roll downhill.

You had Molly Ivins and Ann Richards. 

Edited by Heathen
  • Love 8
12 hours ago, truthtalk2014 said:

Maybe Bengermin is helping Jana in her garden. Probably the only reason Jana can smile and keep sweet for so long.  In the back of my mind, I smile and picture her going out to her beautiful garden and lighting one up.  

That would make for an interesting show.  I myself would have to have pharmaceutical help to put up with any of that family, even more so if I was the one doing the bulk of the shit work, like Bin and Jana seem to be stuck with!

• Love 2

Before Jinger got married, I had hoped that perhaps Jana and Jinger could be allowed to live together, not too far from the family, in order to make the series more interesting. It gives the appearance of "freedom" to the viewers who can see these pretty 20-somethings "make their way in the world" when in reality they are actually still very much under Daddy's thumb. But... this is Duggarville. Any sort of compromise and middle ground to letting their adult children experience life away from the Gothard kool-aid is unthinkable. 

• Love 9

I'm just putting this here because it made sense to me. A Facebook Friend (she was my exercise instructor) just posted a FB post wishing her oldest daughter (she has 4 children). "We love you, blah blah. You are our firstborn, blah blah. Then the next words she wrote made me stop in my tracks. "You have a servant's heart. We can't wait to see what wonderful things God* has in store for you!" I swear it was Words of the Duggers.

*She may have said Jesus Christ. But that may have been what I was shrieking.

Meechelle, do you teach exercise classes now???

• Love 10
1 hour ago, Westiepeach said:

I'm just putting this here because it made sense to me. A Facebook Friend (she was my exercise instructor) just posted a FB post wishing her oldest daughter (she has 4 children). "We love you, blah blah. You are our firstborn, blah blah. Then the next words she wrote made me stop in my tracks. "You have a servant's heart. We can't wait to see what wonderful things God* has in store for you!" I swear it was Words of the Duggers.

Have you checked her Friends list? Six degrees of Michelle Duggar?

• Love 4
2 hours ago, Westiepeach said:

Too much like work. 

• Love 3

He Hoards Kids Too...

Amy must've needed some pocket money to sell this story.

"Jim Bob has a lot of money in property," our source said in response to a question about why Jim Bob is frequently cash-poor.

"And he buys stuff, junk. He goes to these auctions and comes back with truckloads of chairs, and just whatever."

“He's a high-class hoarder, I think," the insider concluded.

As for why Michelle Duggar doesn't intervene when her husband's spending veers into reckless territory, our insider says there's little she can do:

"A lot of the time her hands are tied, being the submissive woman she's supposed to be," says the source.

Our tipster adds that Jim Bob's constant pursuit of wealth sometimes brings him into conflict with neighbors and local authorities:

"Jim Bob will stash cars somewhere until someone complains, then he'll move them somewhere else until a different person complains," says the source.

"He has a lot of codes that he breaks - putting in plumbing, and water, and sewer. He just goes about and does what he wants to do.

"Jim Bob really acts like he's above the law," the insider adds, noting that as a constable in nearby Springville, Arkansas, son John David Duggar finds himself in a difficult position.

"There are certain things [John David] can't get involved with," the source adds.

• Love 6