Type keyword(s) to search

Michelle and JimBob aka J'Chelle and Boob

Message added by cm-soupsipper,

Closure Notice: This Thread is now closed due to the name (and much of the posting within it). Please be mindful going forward by naming topics in a way that invites a healthy community conversation. If you name something for a cheap laugh, this thread may be closed later because it encourages discrimination and harm. 

• Start Topic

2 hours ago, Natalie68 said:

I snorked when Michelle said children are a gift.  The gift of indentured servitude so ma and pa don't ever have to raise their own freaking children!  These people make me lose my smiling countenance.

To the Duggar clan, a child is an investment or should we say dollar signs and a way to keep the family name and show running.

1 hour ago, laurakaye said:

Bolding mine...I have a visual of Joy handing JB a sandwich with mayo an mustard spread all over the outside of the bread.

Forgive me for asking this, but as far as we know, is Michelle still "joyfully available?"  Could we end up having Duggar kids that are younger than their nieces and nephews?  Or has she closed up shop?

Isn't one of Anna's the same age as Josie or was that jubilee? She's fifty and hasn't had a pregnancy in about five years, so I think the Lord has purposes her countenance to fellowship in a different season of life. She won't have more babies, but still has to be joyfully available for JimBob. 

These people aren't anti-sex, just anti birth control. 

• Love 7

I think Josie, Mackie & Jordyn are all about the same age. Less than a year apart for the 2 J's, I remember Michelle and Anna were pregnant at the same time. A quick search says Jordyn 12.18.2008, Josie 12.10.2009 & Mckynzie is 10.2009, so they are all close in age. 

• Love 2
1 hour ago, Oldernowiser said:

I suspect between no longer getting pregnant and perimenopause, Michelle told him to get the fuck off of her and stop breathing his death breath in her face. 

If so, more power to her. 

She was tested several years ago and was in perimenopause then. I think that ship has long sailed by now. If she's gone through full menopause! I hope she knows about lube...or she's so loose that it might not matter. 

• Love 1
46 minutes ago, Sew Sumi said:

She was tested several years ago and was in perimenopause then. I think that ship has long sailed by now. If she's gone through full menopause! I hope she knows about lube...or she's so loose that it might not matter. 

The average age of menopause in white women in the US is age 52.  Amongst women who are still menstruating at 50, the risk of pregnancy is around 5% without fertility treatments.  Presuming Michelle hasn't used anything for birth control since her last pregnancy about 5 and a half years ago, I don't think she is fertile anymore even if she is still having periods.

• Love 3

Perimenopause can last for years as well, so yeah, she may still think she has a shot at #20. Or, she could be more like me; my only "warning" was three 6 week cycles on one ovary, then nothing! No hot flashes, no obvious weight gain around the belly, nada. I was Mechelle's age (just a couple of years ago). You'd think she had tons of eggs to spare, given all the months she didn't ovulate! 

• Love 4
3 hours ago, Sew Sumi said:

Perimenopause can last for years as well, so yeah, she may still think she has a shot at #20. Or, she could be more like me; my only "warning" was three 6 week cycles on one ovary, then nothing! No hot flashes, no obvious weight gain around the belly, nada. I was Mechelle's age (just a couple of years ago). You'd think she had tons of eggs to spare, given all the months she didn't ovulate! 

My goodness, you were fortunate! I've been in perimenopause for 10 years. I am a little bit older than Michelle, I think about one year older. 

• Love 3

The bane of my existence was PMS. It was through PMS that I was diagnosed as bipolar, so a blessing in disguise. I never really had cramps, either, other than between days one and two. 

Would any of the Duggar girls even recognize PMS or just pray it away? It got much worse as I got older. I wasn't diagnosed until my late 30's/early 40's. 

• Love 3
23 hours ago, doodlebug said:

The average age of menopause in white women in the US is age 52.  Amongst women who are still menstruating at 50, the risk of pregnancy is around 5% without fertility treatments.  Presuming Michelle hasn't used anything for birth control since her last pregnancy about 5 and a half years ago, I don't think she is fertile anymore even if she is still having periods.

I guess I'm above average.  My menopause was at 53.  But then, I had an early adolescence that started my period at age 11.

I hated being an early bloomer!  If I had thought like Michelle, I may have had kids in the double digits, too.

I'm so happy to NOT be fundy.  To think that's all you're good for, being a woman?  Please.

• Love 4
(edited)
On 7/11/2017 at 3:37 PM, Sew Sumi said:

Having eggs to spare is one thing.  Having nasty old wrinkly raisin eggs is another.

Edited by toodles
  • Love 11
14 minutes ago, Sew Sumi said:

Yeah, like Boob helped her shop. The only reason she shopped at all is that someone *cough*Jana*cough* had to make meals. 

Or it was an Internet FU to those of us who believe Michelle doesn't do jack shit.

• Love 12
35 minutes ago, latetotheparty said:

I'm sure they're going to go right down the street to Whole Foods and stock up on fruits and veggies. *cackles*

Aldi sells fruits and veggies.

• Love 6
4 minutes ago, JoanArc said:

Aldi sells fruits and veggies.

Their fruits and veggies are actually pretty nice, at least at the Aldi's where I shop.  However, we've seen these people eat literally hundreds of meals over the years. They've never eaten healthy ever. 

• Love 14
(edited)
28 minutes ago, doodlebug said:

Their fruits and veggies are actually pretty nice, at least at the Aldi's where I shop.  However, we've seen these people eat literally hundreds of meals over the years. They've never eaten healthy ever. 

Oh, I agree. My local Aldi is often the cheapest place go for deals on produce. As long as you need what's on sale you can make out like a bandit. With all the processed crap they eat they're lucky they haven't had a celiac/IBS kid, or a diabetic, allergies, etc. that needs special diets. I don't think they'd handle it well. 

I have seen them eat well, usually a posting a healthy looking meal with fresh fruits, vegetables, and lean meats, usually a few days after the get criticized for it online. So...I think we'll see Pictures if Josie downing a baked chicken breast and salad on Tuesday.

Edited by JoanArc
  • Love 11
On July 7, 2017 at 0:50 PM, JoanArc said:

1. You were and are inadequate. You did nothing to change after this other than pawn work off on other while you continued to breed and glorify yourself.

2. Correction (aka punishment) is what you live for, and clearly your favorite part of parenting. How else would you show you're in control?

3. Not a lot of praise during the Josh scandal - just a lot of blaming of others.

4. The sacrifice of praise sounds like a late night suck-up session to the boss, which was quickly rewarded. Nice religion.

5. Wanna bet this person is 'Alice'

Oh, and soon after all this she enslaved Jana to raise her kids.

Michelle left out this part:

Woman, you have no heart for children.  But since you stubbornly insist on letting Mother Nature take its course, here are some tips. 

Children are to be seen and not heard, and spoiling should be avoided at all costs. First thing to do, free up your time by eliminating hugs and kisses.  Second, beat those sinful babies until they know their place is on a blanket, silent and motionless. 

Next, that evil child - the one that attacked you from within your womb - she is a better mother than you.  Place her in charge of all the children.  She will love them and keep them alive, along with that other one you don't like, because she's your husband's favorite. 

There are some things I can't tell you, but don't trust your eldest.  He will endanger the household, so give him free rein and lock up the sinful girls, so they can't bewitch him like Jezebel and the other whores in the bible.  Males are helpless, and therefore blameless in their sins.  

As the breeder and deliverer of every one of these children, you are to do minimal work, but must always stay joyfully available to your headship.  Your reward is to be worshipped and named mother of the year. 

***So the true voice of God was continually interrupted by Michelle's true desires.

• Love 8
On July 8, 2017 at 4:56 AM, Chalby said:

I read this - 12 years old to buy something quite dangerous and I shake my head., Is it any wonder Arkansas is the punch line of a lot of humour, teasing, or jokes about backwards people with incestuous thoughts? Please - someone tell me about someone from Arkansas (or something from there) that's good and came from that state.

My parents?  Two hard working, salt of the earth people, who came from nothing and made a better life for their child. How about that?

And by the way, I have a great number of family who still live in Arkansas, and are similar to my parents.  (Their politics, however, are a different story?.)

• Love 13
On July 10, 2017 at 8:28 PM, twinkietwin94 said:

Mom is that you??? Seriously this describes my brother-in-law to a T, though for him it's usually the computer not his phone, and my dad was very involved in our upbringing. Being raised in a house where both parents did all kinds of chores makes me even crazier when I do tune in to the Duggs.

Are these guys Millenials?  There's a book out now about how female Millenials are frustrated that men their age spend all their time playing video games.  

1 hour ago, doodlebug said:

I can't express how happy it makes me that an OB shops at Aldis.  I'm frugal, too.  Even when I had money to spare. 

• Love 3
28 minutes ago, RedheadZombie said:

Are these guys Millenials?  There's a book out now about how female Millenials are frustrated that men their age spend all their time playing video games.  

I can't express how happy it makes me that an OB shops at Aldis.  I'm frugal, too.  Even when I had money to spare. 

You probably wouldn't be surprised to hear that I buy a lot of my work clothes at Target and Kohl's.  Way too many body fluids.  When I do buy fancier stuff, it's only on sale.  I do know how to sew (duh! surgeon), so I do my own alterations so even my cheap stuff fits properly. I came from a big family, 6 kids and my parents worked in direct sales (home sales of vacuum cleaners) and factory work; I shared clothes with my older sister since we wore uniforms to school. Hell, even my boss, who makes an upper 6 figure salary, was bragging about buying suits for work at Kohl's (she's got 5 kids, a middle class background and better things to spend money on).

My one guilty splurge is the cleaning ladies.  I think of my mom and how much she would've loved coming home to a sparkling kitchen and bath every time I write the check.

• Love 23
(edited)
24 minutes ago, doodlebug said:

You probably wouldn't be surprised to hear that I buy a lot of my work clothes at Target and Kohl's.  Way too many body fluids.  When I do buy fancier stuff, it's only on sale.  I do know how to sew (duh! surgeon), so I do my own alterations so even my cheap stuff fits properly. I came from a big family, 6 kids and my parents worked in direct sales (home sales of vacuum cleaners) and factory work; I shared clothes with my older sister since we wore uniforms to school. Hell, even my boss, who makes an upper 6 figure salary, was bragging about buying suits for work at Kohl's (she's got 5 kids, a middle class background and better things to spend money on).

My one guilty splurge is the cleaning ladies.  I think of my mom and how much she would've loved coming home to a sparkling kitchen and bath every time I write the check.

Just to chime in as a nurse, this makes you a good doctor. The most helpful, down-to-earth ones who love helping people all seem to not get so caught up in materialism. I knew one, not a resident but a good peds, who drove an old Toyota Corrola - with something like 250k miles. He could've bought a Tesla in cash.

Edited by JoanArc
  • Love 11

Sam's Club has great deals on produce, too, and they make it easy to buy in large quantities. I still shop there all the time even though it's usually just the old man and me.

• Love 1
2 hours ago, doodlebug said:

Well. when I started out, I had a Tercel, but, I must say, as time has gone on, I've come to appreciate the finer things in life when it comes to cars.  I drive 'em for 8-10 years, but my last two have been Lexus' and I love 'em.  I do, however, live in a rather modest home, that is completely paid off (parents lost their home in a sheriff's sale, big incentive to pay off that mortgage and not buy a McMansion).

I'm a big believer in experiences, not things, which is why I go to concerts, plays, and ballgames all the time and have taken many nice vacations all over the world.  The past two Christmases, I've given up to 11 family and friends a trip to Disney/Universal for Christmas and we had a blast both times.  The best things in life are not things.

Too bad the Duggar parents don't believe in giving their kids worthwhile experiences.  My blue collar parents took us on picnics, to local parks and beaches, to the zoo on free day and anywhere and everywhere they could without spending a load of cash.  Once a year, we went to Cedar Point and spent the night at a motel (one room, mom and dad in bed, kids on floor) and we thought we were rich.

I'm a travel agent and I can't even tell you the number of times I've met with clients who are finally ready for the trip of their dreams and are unable to go due to physical limitations.  Things come and go, but memories last a lifetime.  

It pisses me off whenever I see pictures of the duggar kids and realize that they never had a real childhood.  No birthday cupcakes to bring to school, no Brownies or Boy Scouts, no 4-H, no high school football games, no prom or any of the other things that make their childhood unique to them.  Instead it was laying tile, playing screeching violins and cameras in their faces.  

Their idiot parents believe they are  God's special snowflakes.  But they robbed their children of every chance to become the people THEY could have become.  Maybe one of the kids could have been star quarterback ,won the science fair or graduated from college with honors.

i guess I don't really have a point other than to say I think they will have a lot to answer for when they hit the Pearly Gates.  And I hope at some point one of these kids will break away and follows their dream.  Big or small, whatever it is.  And follow it with their middle finger waving proudly in the air.

• Love 22
(edited)

But Boobchelle took them to the Creation Museum and the Ark Experience!!!! And Big Sandy every year!!!!!!111 TOP THAT for making memories!!!!!

Edited by Sew Sumi
  • Love 7

I totally agree @toodles.  I'm hoping either Jana or Sinner twin will break free, but any of the kids getting away would be good to see.

What the Duggars have done is create obedient servants TO THEM, and they aren't allowed to have their own opinions, let alone follow a dream and BECOME SOMEBODY.  It's abusive IMO.

• Love 11
17 hours ago, doodlebug said:

I know I would get much more stress relief from a gift certificate for a house cleaning than for a massage!

I can afford it, I don't know why I haven't indulged yet. It would probably be a game-changer.

And Disney is my Happy Place, so I'm all in there as well. :)

• Love 4
19 minutes ago, SongbirdHollow said:

I know I would get much more stress relief from a gift certificate for a house cleaning than for a massage!

I can afford it, I don't know why I haven't indulged yet. It would probably be a game-changer.

You know, god laid it on my heart a long time ago that I didn't have the heart for housework.  He laid it in my heart that I had bills to pay and unlike the duggars, I better get a J O B.  I relayed the god and no heart for housework message to my husband.  I also told him God laid it on my heart that either he does the housework or we get a housekeeper a couple of times a month.  So I've had a housekeeper for years.

Maybe god will lay it on your heart that you can afford a housekeeper too, songbirdhollow.  It's more common than you might think.

• Love 15
15 hours ago, toodles said:

I'm a travel agent and I can't even tell you the number of times I've met with clients who are finally ready for the trip of their dreams and are unable to go due to physical limitations.  Things come and go, but memories last a lifetime.  

THIS. My great grandparents saved money for years in order to travel when they retired (and experience more than Kansas). However, shortly after they both retired my great grandfather got Alzheimer's, which put their travel plans on hold indefinitely. The lesson my grandmother and mother took from this was that you cannot always wait to experience things, because unexpected circumstances may pop up later and get in the way. Take advantage of opportunities and have those experiences before it is too late.

• Love 9
(edited)

@toodles

God has laid it upon my heart as well, and my headship has approved (God must have laid it upon his heart as well).   This was a very, very long time ago..... I still haven't done it.  I have 3 large dogs (rescues) and I think they would flip the hell out if a stranger was in our house while they were shut outside.   Since we are sinners and both work all day, they have free range of the house - we leave the sliding door open for them to go potty.  They are so spoiled.   They would flip at being blocked from coming inside (the horror) and don't do well with strangers at all.  Perhaps God will lay a solution upon my heart.   Please pray for us and of course, DONATE.

Edited by tabloidlover
  • Love 11
31 minutes ago, tabloidlover said:

@toodles

God has laid it upon my heart as well, and my headship has approved (God must have laid it upon his heart as well).   This was a very, very long time ago..... I still haven't done it.  I have 3 large dogs (rescues) and I think they would flip the hell out if a stranger was in our house while they were shut outside.   Since we are sinners and both work all day, they have free range of the house - we leave the sliding door open for them to go potty.  They are so spoiled.   They would flip at being blocked from coming inside (the horror) and don't do well with strangers at all.  Perhaps God will lay a solution upon my heart.   Please pray for us and of course, DONATE.

Maybe you'll get lucky like I did and find house cleaners who love dogs and don't mind working with/ around them. My girls greet them and get some lovin' and then head off to their beds to nap.

• Love 4

My housekeeper even walks the dog.  :)  She loves animals and they love her.

I wonder when the last time Jim Bob and Michelle took a few kids shopping before that photo was taken.  They may be forced to do more for the family with both Jinger and Joy Anna gone.  I see Johanna may be being trained as the next shopping helper soon to be shopper. 

• Love 1

Oh wait look at all the healthy food you are buying oh wait you're telling me that after you buy the junk food that there is no money left for healthy food. Next time buy healthy food first then junk. Novel idea. 

• Love 4
45 minutes ago, Kokapetl said:

Johannah is now the second ranked sister-mom. She's eleven.

Your post makes me sad.  She should be thinking about school tests, slumber parties and shopping at CLARE'S at the mall on Saturday.  Instead she is probably changing diapers and cleaning boob and mechelle's bedroom in the tth.  Just so sad.

The Clare's comment was in reference to the cash grab that's on JoKen's wedding registry.

• Love 11
10 hours ago, SnarkyShark said:

THIS. My great grandparents saved money for years in order to travel when they retired (and experience more than Kansas). However, shortly after they both retired my great grandfather got Alzheimer's, which put their travel plans on hold indefinitely. The lesson my grandmother and mother took from this was that you cannot always wait to experience things, because unexpected circumstances may pop up later and get in the way. Take advantage of opportunities and have those experiences before it is too late.

THIS! My maternal grandparents did the same thing, talking about all the traveling they'd do once they retired but Grandpa died before they were able to do any of it. It did get my mother to realize exactly that you don't really know if your going to make it to retirement or what your health is going to be if you do she switch to saving up for trips for the right now. Which she and my dad did they were able to take my brother and I on some amazing trips. And in the beginning were able to take my grandmother along with before she passed including taking her with us to Disneyland. She always worked hard to make the most of the time now and tried to get other people to do the same thing. We still talk about now great those trips were and we had the time of our lives together. It turned out to be true for all of us my brother and I are grown but unable to take trips myself for health reasons and my brother's job just doesn't pay enough for him to do so, my parents got hit with tons of medical problems and bills (steaming from their medical problems but also from my great-grandfather's illness and death) but we still look back talking about those amazing trips. 

13 hours ago, SongbirdHollow said:

Mine too.

• Love 5

I'm grateful that I once again, live 20 minutes from Walt Disney World and down the street from Sea World.....Thanks Be To God. ..and I mean that. I prayed very hard for 2 years to return to Florida to be near my family and I AM!!!!!

Gee, I wonder why the Lord heard MY prayers since I'm Catholic and not a Christian according to Jeremy Vuolo? I guess God heard Catholics too....so, what's his beef with me?

• Love 5
3 hours ago, floridamom said:

I'm grateful that I once again, live 20 minutes from Walt Disney World and down the street from Sea World.....Thanks Be To God. ..and I mean that. I prayed very hard for 2 years to return to Florida to be near my family and I AM!!!!!

Gee, I wonder why the Lord heard MY prayers since I'm Catholic and not a Christian according to Jeremy Vuolo? I guess God heard Catholics too....so, what's his beef with me?

He'd call that a free pass God gave you even though you didn't deserve it, not praying 'the right way' and all.

• Love 3