Type keyword(s) to search

The Bachelorette in the Media

• Start Topic

Hopefully he's not looking for a chance to cheat already - especially with his mother-in-law ... and mother!

Oh c'mon. That's harsh, and very tacky.

Ed and Jillian had plenty of problems but him cheating wasn't one of them.

Exactly. These are all opinions, and one opinion is no more "correct" than the other. My opinion is anything goes, with the caveat that both parties know what they are getting into.  Assuming Kaitlyn had sex with Shawn, if she told him it was a casual thing and Shawn didn't like that but did it anyway, his bad...if she led him to believe she did it with him because he was "the one", her bad.

Oh c'mon. That's harsh, and very tacky.

If memory serves, his cheating (with an old girlfriend after the show, possibly someone else as well) absolutely was a problem. I thought they even acknowledged it, after the tabloids, and made an effort to work through it.

I never thought Ed was much of a prize, and Jillian was one of my favorite b-ettes with some great guys on her season. But, as they say, "the heart wants what it wants."

• Love 3

If memory serves, his cheating (with an old girlfriend after the show, possibly someone else as well) absolutely was a problem. I thought they even acknowledged it, ...

They acknowledged that Ed had met and gone out for drinks, and then back to his apartment because their conversation was being interrupted so many times by people who recognized him from the show, with the woman he had been seeing off and on before he went on the show. Jillian was well aware of the meeting and it was supposedly so Ed could try and explain all the crazy goings on. The tabloids went nuts calling it cheating. There was so much shit going on behind the scenes someone should write a book but one of the biggest tabloid feeding bastards is dead now and it's all far too complicated to explain in a forum post. Anyway, it was a long time ago and both Ed and Jillian are happy now and so it should all be left in the past.

• Love 1

Well I watched Jillian ramble on about The Bachelorette on Periscope just the other day and at some point she referred to Ed cheating on her. I don't remember what the context was, but the words came out of her mouth, so I tend to think it's a fact that he did. But clearly they're both over it now and moved on. Happy Ed found the right woman for him!

• Love 1
(edited)

Ed totally cheated. Jillian's nervous rambling after the tabloids came out trying to defend their relationship sealed it for me. Plus I watched her on Periscope a few weeks ago and she was drunkenly cooking with two of her bffs and someone asked her if she talked to Ed and the way she said "NO!" and her friends too basically confirmed my suspicions.

Too bad because I truly believe that Reid would've married her. It's strange to me that she obviously wants to get married and her current bf isn't really moving that process along. Oh well. Congrats to the new Mrs. Ed?

It's obvious this was an oops baby for Kyptin but I wish them well. 

Edited by FireFoxy
  • Love 1

Him cheating was totally one of them. He admitted to it on tv, he came out and said so on Bachelor Pad.

Everybody and their monkey (/TM Hung) knows Ed is a cheater.

But I'm sure that despite the serial cheating, drunkenness, flatulence, fame-whoring and ED, he is a nice guy. :-)

(edited)

(spoiler)  The Bachelorette Kaitlyn Bristowe on her engagement: "I didn't think I could be this happy" http://peoplem.ag/BmgRsju

People magazine cover - http://img2.timeinc.net/people/i/2015/news/150811/cover-768.jpg

JImmy Kimmel segment with them was hilarious with them, said that couples show up and then a few months later he sees their photo with a tear down the center on a magazine. He had them swear on a stack of US Weekly's they'd still be together a year from now or have to pay him $1000.

Jimmy asked them about Snap Chat, saying that ABC was not happy at all. Kaitlyn said she knows. Sean said something about them coming to pick him up like an hour later. They were really trying to send the picture to a Bachelorette Producer they said and neither of them realized it went public until Sean checked his phone, he thought he did it.

There was also a taped segment where they went to try on wedding dresses, it was so funny.

Edited by Artsda

Yes, Jimmy Kimmel and Guillermo took Kaitlyn shopping for a wedding dress, They did a "say yes to the dress"  type thing.  Pretty cute.  Jimmy and Guillermo played bridesmaids, and they had a cardboard cutout of Shawn to pose with Kaitlyn.  The a cardboard cutout of Nick shows up. 

Saw Kaitlyn and Shawn on Good Morning America this morning and was a little disappointed with Kaitlyn when they showed the clip of Nick in the exit limo tossing the ring box - and she laughed out loud and said she thought that scene was funny. Now I'm no fan of Nick, but even I thought this was a bit cold and insensitive to say out loud on national TV.

• Love 10

The show "UNREAL"  was especially good this week on a couple of points.   They showed a 'Bachelor"  couple going horseback riding, and how it was faked - using stunt doubles in the distant shots, then close-ups with the real couple on fake horses pulled by a truck.   Hilarious!   

Then a hot air balloon date in a cruddy, muddy, field, barely off the ground, still tied up,  then transposed on a sunny, blue skies background.  

some funny stuff there.  

• Love 1

Oops!  Chris Harrison disagrees with me!   

http://jezebel.com/chris-harrison-on-the-bachelor-inspired-show-unreal-it-1720680577

he says, about "Unreal'   :  

“As much as they would love to jump on our coattails — they were begging for us to talk about it and for people to write about it — at the end of the day, no one is watching. I mean, absolutely nobody is watching that show. Why? It is terrible. It is really terrible.”

more from the article :  

Maybe Harrison’s just bitter about the critical success of UnREAL—it’s received raves across the board. Or maybe he—lover of romance that he is—is defensive about the fact that UnREAL makes The Bachelor look less like a way to find love and more like a gussied-up version of Bachelor in Paradise. Or maybe he’s mad about how the host of Everlasting is depicted as a cheesy, sleazy motherfucker who sleeps with the contestants he’s supposed to be ~guiding through this journey~, especially given Harrison’s rumored connections to previous castmembers of his own show.

too funny!!!!!!

• Love 4

Oops!  Chris Harrison disagrees with me!   

http://jezebel.com/chris-harrison-on-the-bachelor-inspired-show-unreal-it-1720680577

he says, about "Unreal'   :  

more from the article :  

too funny!!!!!!

Chris Harrison needs to sit down and shut it. BEFORE more reports of the real-life similarities between Bachelor/Bachelorette and UnREAL surface.

For a show that "nobody's watching", it's fascinating that UnREAL just got picked up for its second season as well...

• Love 6

Saw Kaitlyn and Shawn on Good Morning America this morning and was a little disappointed with Kaitlyn when they showed the clip of Nick in the exit limo tossing the ring box - and she laughed out loud and said she thought that scene was funny. Now I'm no fan of Nick, but even I thought this was a bit cold and insensitive to say out loud on national TV.

And Shawn said it was a weak toss.  They both acted like assholes on GMA.  They were asked if they had started planning a wedding and Kaitlyn said "we just want to be engaged and be cute."

• Love 10

And Shawn said it was a weak toss.  They both acted like assholes on GMA.  They were asked if they had started planning a wedding and Kaitlyn said "we just want to be engaged and be cute."

I think that's her entire mission in life, "to be cute". That's it. No thinking necessary.

• Love 5
“As much as they would love to jump on our coattails — they were begging for us to talk about it and for people to write about it — at the end of the day, no one is watching. I mean, absolutely nobody is watching that show. Why? It is terrible. It is really terrible.”

And I think absolutely no one is buying Chris' romance novel either.  So there.

And Shawn said it was a weak toss.  They both acted like assholes on GMA.

I saw them on ET tonight and they were making fun of Nick for throwing the ring box underhanded. Shawn was a complete jerk about it and Kaitlyn too. I've never seen a lead make fun of the F2 the way she did.  Really classless.

• Love 11

Wow.  Yeah, that is some highly unbecoming behavior.  I went from Team Anybody But Nick to Ride Or Die Team Nick weeks ago because of how badly Shawn was acting, and this only makes me glad to know that those two jerkfaces have found each other and that Nick is better off.  I only wish he could have been cut loose in time to run on over to Paradise, where no one cares how you emotionally toss objects, as long as you toss them emotionally.

• Love 10

And I think absolutely no one is buying Chris' romance novel either.  So there.

I saw them on ET tonight and they were making fun of Nick for throwing the ring box underhanded. Shawn was a complete jerk about it and Kaitlyn too. I've never seen a lead make fun of the F2 the way she did.  Really classless.

This is so awful on both their parts. So making fun of someone for no reason on national media, especially just after he had his heart broken, is okay, I guess. I dont remember Chris Soules making fun of Kaitlyn. Stay classy, Kaitlyn and Shawn.

• Love 4

Here's the vid: http://www.etonline.com/news/168868_bachelorette_kaitlyn_bristowe_laughs_at_her_last_awkward_moment_with_nick/

Because it's so heeelarious to break someone's heart. Oh well, Nick's got a well-paying job at a company that values his input very much (the VP even commented to his pre-ATFR tweet with #Goldstandard) as well as a modelling contract with Wilhelmina, and now he's even in consideration for the next Bachelor. What do these pair of clowns have? Oh right, N-O-T-H-I-N-G, except each other and a 12-pack of beer. Who's got the last laugh? 

• Love 10

Here's the vid: http://www.etonline.com/news/168868_bachelorette_kaitlyn_bristowe_laughs_at_her_last_awkward_moment_with_nick/

Because it's so heeelarious to break someone's heart. Oh well, Nick's got a well-paying job at a company that values his input very much (the VP even commented to his pre-ATFR tweet with #Goldstandard) as well as a modelling contract with Wilhelmina, and now he's even in consideration for the next Bachelor. What do these pair of clowns have? Oh right, N-O-T-H-I-N-G, except each other and a 12-pack of beer. Who's got the last laugh? 

I read that Kaitlyn is now selling products on Instagram.... if that true she has that. Shawn on the other hand is still a possessive unemployed (unemployed on his own making to be on a TV show) jerk. 

• Love 1

I didn't watch the Jimmy Kimmel thing because I couldn't take one more minute of Kaitlyn's  teeth sucking and obnoxious guffawing but I heard that she also made fun of Clint and JJ when Kimmel showed two dogs having sex. Clint made it clear on the MTA that he wasn't gay and even if he was, Kaitlyn shouldn't be gay bashing on national TV- especially while claiming to be the victim of "cyber bullying". What a stupid bitch she is.

• Love 10

Kaitlyn has no self-awareness and used the excused of it a joke when clearly she's just being mean and rude. Which means she's a perfect fit for Mr. Shawn "I was just telling it like it is" Booth. 

• Love 5
(edited)

Thanks for posting this. Besides being rude to someone she chose to know intimately more than once, she redefines "good sense of humor" as "make a random unfunny comment and then laugh at it really loudly so people know it was supposed to be funny." I know, superpetty of me, but I can forgive a lot if someone really does "Makemelaugh" and this chick is just not funny.

Edited by MakeMeLaugh
  • Love 10

Looks like these two assholes deserve each other.

• Love 8

Ugh. Re-watched the clip and her first comment about it being awkward when someone wants to spend the rest of their life with you and you don't is just as bad. I don't think ABC will be parading these two goons around unmuzzled again. 

• Love 5

Ugh. Re-watched the clip and her first comment about it being awkward when someone wants to spend the rest of their life with you and you don't is just as bad. I don't think ABC will be parading these two goons around unmuzzled again. 

I think they would for the simple fact some women on social media think her chosen ones looks like Ryan Gosling and thirst for him. So ABC might want to if it brings them money

I thought this picture illustrated your point about each other and a 12 pack nicely:

https://instagram.com/p/5sGZdDHSQT/?taken-by=shawn_booth18

He also put out a snapchat titled, "I fuckin love this girl"  Keeping it classy!

• Love 2

Oh well, Nick's got a well-paying job at a company that values his input very much (the VP even commented to his pre-ATFR tweet with #Goldstandard) as well as a modelling contract with Wilhelmina, and now he's even in consideration for the next Bachelor. What do these pair of clowns have? Oh right, N-O-T-H-I-N-G, except each other and a 12-pack of beer. Who's got the last laugh?

What the crap? Nick models? Kaitlyn & Shawn's lack of class doesn't necessarily surprise me, but that does. I looked at the pictures & I finally figured out who Nick reminds me of. He is a poorly photoshopped Ryan Reynolds. I know mileage varies, etc., but I do not find him attractive at all. So there's busted Ryan Gosling, busted Ryan Reynolds & a couple of others mentioned this season. I wish someone would write a piece comparing them all with an easy to follow picture chart. I appreciate visual aids.
(edited)

I thought this picture illustrated your point about each other and a 12 pack nicely:

https://instagram.com/p/5sGZdDHSQT/?taken-by=shawn_booth18

He also put out a snapchat titled, "I fuckin love this girl"  Keeping it classy!

Classy photo, huh?   Drinking, backwards baseball cap on her, he is wearing a hoodie which covers her HEAD, but not his chest.  (actually, it looks like he's got a hood under the hood too.  And both are drinking.  

they're perfect for each other.  

Can they just go crawl in to a hole together so we never have to see them again?   

ETA - those photos of nick are seriously cute.   Yeah, i see a little Ryan Reynolds resemblance.  

014.jpg?AWSAccessKeyId=AKIAJIVHC3YONDYWA

Edited by backformore

I have this really bad feeling about Shawn. The kind of bad feeling that ends up with arrests for domestic violence.

I can't stand Nick, but Team Nick!

I don't know if he's a physical abuser but I think he might be an emotional ones. He's also a possessive jealous jerk and a dumb too

Classy photo, huh?   Drinking, backwards baseball cap on her, he is wearing a hoodie which covers her HEAD, but not his chest.  (actually, it looks like he's got a hood under the hood too.  And both are drinking.  

they're perfect for each other.  

Can they just go crawl in to a hole together so we never have to see them again?   

No, they are going to be posting cute pics together on social media according to her. They are probably hoping these pics get pick up by other blogs to continue on her career. They need to move to the same city if they want to prolong that social media career past the 6 months point.

According to a writer for the LA Times hasn't work as a dance instructor in years, she works at a restaurant and her dad is a oil baron that support her. She does say apparently though. 

https://twitter.com/AmyKinLA/status/626227039578632192

https://twitter.com/AmyKinLA/status/626227988376346624

Is that a legit source? If I was an oil heiress I would most certainly not work at a restaurant and I can't image good-time-girl Kaitlyn would either.

An oil heiress? LOL 

She still lives in Vancouver and she admitted in press for Chris's season she left her job and when she went back  after the season was over, she was doing a spin certification. She didn't mention going back to work yet and then she became The Bachelorette.

(edited)

Jason/Molly and Sean/Catherine were on Celebrity Wife Swap last night.  I was never fond of these two bachelors, but now I like Jason and hate, hate, hate Sean.

Example:  on their first night together, Jason gets a sitter so he can take Catherine out to do something fun (kayaking).  Sean goes out to play flag football and gives Molly a list of what he expects her to make for dinner and have ready for his return.  That's right, she's not even invited to watch.  Then the next morning he leaves her a list of chores and says he does the same for Catherine.  Examples:  wash Sean's clothes, iron Sean's pants, iron Sean's socks.  And then, for more fun, he took her to a bible study group where the couples talked about their couple problems and advised each other.

Regarding the women, Molly tried to make Sean realize that Catherine felt isolated in Dallas (she knew the from Catherine's notes to her) as they did only what Sean liked.  She also convinced him to try something different and took him out for Ethiopian food and dancing at a western bar.  He was shocked to find he liked both. Catherine made Jason wax his chest and refused to get up at 4 am to go to Molly's job at the radio station. 

Edited by CuriousParker
Tagged Spoilers for Celeb Wife Swap
  • Love 3

Is that a legit source? If I was an oil heiress I would most certainly not work at a restaurant and I can't image good-time-girl Kaitlyn would either.

She writes for the LA Times... she probably heard thing I think that why she wrote "apparently"