Type keyword(s) to search

The Bachelorette in the Media

• Start Topic

Loved the clip of Trista and Ryan. They both look fantastic and clearly have a great relationship. As the first bachelorette, Trista set a very high bar. The only couple who have come close, IMO, are Ashley and JP.

• Love 3

Let's be honest, Kaitlyn's sister (2 kids, not married, hillbilly hairdo) did not look like the daughter of an oil baron. And her father didn't look the part either. He seemed like a very nice man, but far too meek and mild-mannered to be a "baron."

• Love 3

Nightline did a short interview with Nick last night. They showed Nick tossing the ring in the limo, then showed the clip of Shawn and Kaitlyn on GMA making fun of Nick doing that, Kaitlyn braying like a donkey while Shawn said Nick did a lousy throw, he would have done an overhead toss. That clip made me ... dislike is too weak of a word ... those two. To quote Mr. Wonderful, they are dead to me. They are people who thrive on belittling others.

Nick was very articulate in the interview, said he might consider it if he's asked to be TB, but with his track record he should decline. He isn't dating anyone now. The interviewer said Nick is way better looking in person, and called Shawn a "pudgy Ryan Gosling." I guess I don't see the Ryan Gosling thing, Nightline must have gotten that comparison from online places, like here.

Then the interview ended with a big #TEAM NICK! on the screen. In all, it was very positive and I like Nick once again, even if he does have TERRIBLE taste in women.

• Love 13

Here's Nick's reaction to Kaitlyn and Shawn being a-holes: http://www.etonline.com/news/168927_bachelorette_nick_viall_kaitlyn_bristowe_breakup/

Thanks for the link - looks like he thinks the assholes deserve each other too (although imo he gives Kaitlyn too much credit).

"I wish them the best and they're probably best for each other," Viall said of his ex-girlfriend and former Bachelorette rival. "They seem to be on the same page, and sometimes when you're a couple, you know one person kind of morphs into the other one, maybe they've become more Shawn than more Kaitlyn."

• Love 2
Jason/Molly and Sean/Catherine were on Celebrity Wife Swap last night.  I was never fond of these two bachelors, but now I like Jason and hate, hate, hate Sean.

That actually just confirms everything I've always thought about Sean.  It disappoints me that Catherine in still submitting herself to that douche.

That actually just confirms everything I've always thought about Sean.  It disappoints me that Catherine in still submitting herself to that douche.

Don't worry, she just brings out her 'Wratherine" and "it gets bad" whenever she & Sean disagree apparently. She actually said this on the show but who knows what was edited. 

For the past three days, Kaitlyn and Shawn have been on a PDA tour all over Manhattan.   They remind me of DeAnna and Jesse, in that it doesn't appear genuine. They seem to be trying way too hard to convince the public and themselves, that they are in love.

• Love 2
(edited)

For the past three days, Kaitlyn and Shawn have been on a PDA tour all over Manhattan.   They remind me of DeAnna and Jesse, in that it doesn't appear genuine. They seem to be trying way too hard to convince the public and themselves, that they are in love.

Great comparison to DeAnna & Jesse as I too see one big fake media tour going on right now.    When she realizes Shawn is an unemployed douche, she'll go back to chasing hockey players and end things.

Edited by CindyBee
  • Love 7

I wonder if some of Kaitlyn's media twattiness is to appease Shawn and his insecurities? Prove to him that she really didn't have feelings for Nick by making fun of Nick and his feelings on their post-ATFR PDA tour?

I didn't realise she was from Leduc, just north of me, they always said she was from Vancouver on the show.

• Love 5

I think it is Kaitlyn's stepfather who has an energy (oil) company, not her father.

Let me be the first one here to go on record with my belief that the happy couple is hoping for their own reality tv show to come out of this. "Kacklin' Kaitlyn," perhaps?

(edited)

I think it is Kaitlyn's stepfather who has an energy (oil) company, not her father.

Let me be the first one here to go on record with my belief that the happy couple is hoping for their own reality tv show to come out of this. "Kacklin' Kaitlyn," perhaps?

Who would call them up though? Judging by how ABC edited the show, Nick was the star since Kaitlyn and her idiot boyfriend couldn't stop talking about him

Edited by gator12
  • Love 1

Nightline did a short interview with Nick last night. They showed Nick tossing the ring in the limo, then showed the clip of Shawn and Kaitlyn on GMA making fun of Nick doing that, Kaitlyn braying like a donkey while Shawn said Nick did a lousy throw, he would have done an overhead toss. That clip made me ... dislike is too weak of a word ... those two. To quote Mr. Wonderful, they are dead to me. They are people who thrive on belittling others.

The E! interview was even worse than the GMA one.  Let me get this straight:  slut shaming is not okay, but mocking someone on the interview circuit just because he fell in love is okay?  What a pair of hypocritical fools!  And Shawn is laughing now, but his days as Kaitlyn's fiance are numbered.  She lives too much in the moment to be trustworthy.

• Love 6

The E! interview was even worse than the GMA one. Let me get this straight: slut shaming is not okay, but mocking someone on the interview circuit just because he fell in love is okay? What a pair of hypocritical fools! [\quote]

Why not? The same script worked for Andi and her friends after Nick had the nerve not to cease to exist when she was done with him.

Is it too late for Chris to start mocking Kaitlin as his reject? He can start with those idiotic-looking tattoos.

• Love 8

IMO, it's never too late!  When I think of that poor little waif looking up at Chris...I mean, she had let down her walls just as Chris had asked(!)...with "How could this be?" in her tear filled eyes...she had given him her ALL, after all...and then she has the nerve to ridicule Nick after she encouraged him to stick out his neck further in order to make the scope of the dumping more grand and sweeping - just like an epic film in a wide screen theater.  Chris has no Whitney to keep him busy, so why not?

• Love 4

Is it too late for Chris to start mocking Kaitlin as his reject? He can start with those idiotic-looking tattoos.

Excellent point. She'd boo hoo and accuse him of being a bully.

• Love 1

I'd be curious to see how the friends she made on The Bachelor are feeling about the things Kaitlyn has said in the media.  Or did they know her well enough to not be surprised and just accept her for her?

• Love 1
(edited)

Here's Nick's reaction to Kaitlyn and Shawn being a-holes: http://www.starpulse...en-date-night-w

Okay, I try not to judge people I don't know personally too harshly (and some edited hours of footage does not include knowing any of these people imo) but I am constantly amazed that Kaitlyn is 30. I remember when I told my friend who watched the season but doesn't read the boards, that Kaitlyn was 30, she thought I was lying. Towards the end of the season, she summed it best in my opinion, that Kaitlyn just gives a wild sorority girl impression rather than anyone close to settling down and having kids. 

I remember when I saw the short SnapChat video of her and Shawn that spoiled the season, I remember thinking they looked like two people who'd picked each other up at a bar and were filming themselves post-coital. And reading this article is just further feeding that impression to me. I mean what the hell were those pictures? I found someone's comment under the article interesting - that this would end in a TMZ story about some altercation when Kaitlyn wilds out and probably inappropriately flirts with someone and Shawn loses his mind.

Of course, as I've been saying from the beginning, you never know and they may be perfect for each other in a sort "we're so wrong, we're right" and actually be one of the couples from the franchise who makes it (again, not holding my breath though).

Edited by truthaboutluv
  • Love 5

http://www.tmz.com/2015/07/28/bachlorette-ruins-finale-nick-viall-kaitlyn-look-alike-photo?adid=TMZ_Search_Results

I saw this on TMZ the other day that seems to make Nick being all heartbroken look kind of fake.  I mean, obviously the filming was long finished but it reinforces - to me, anyway - that Nick isn't the great guy he makes out to be.  It could be innocent but the guy had one more day to go.

But Nick's not saying he's heartbroken. Nick has been clear since the season ended that he's fine, he's moved on and even stated that he never tried to get in contact with Kaitlyn and wishes her well. So I don't think Nick is playing the heartbroken runner up. He's simply saying that when it happened it sucked because I mean, isn't that obvious? But he maintains that he went into it knowing it could backfire and he can even joke in the interview with Ali that he's kind of a punchline now, being rejected twice. 

• Love 6
(edited)

I don't get it, it just a guy and a woman in a pool with other people talking/laughing.

Me neither. Nick himself posted a pic of himself "poolside prepping" at the hotel before ATFR. What's he supposed to do if someone strikes up a conversation? Tell them to get lost? I didn't see anything in that pic that suggests more than a random conversation.

And yeah, he's so over Kaitlyn already. It's been 3 months and she broke his trust, so no reason to look back.

Edited by MsPH
  • Love 3

Here's an article about the happy couple's romantic date night. Bachelor Nation Right Reasons watchers aren't going to be happy about her comment that they might get married in a couple of years.  http://www.starpulse.com/news/index.php/2015/07/29/kaitlyn-bristowes-drunken-date-night-w

Love it!  Shawn looks completely wasted drinking straight from the bottle, and Kaitlyn looks ready for sexnastics in her sexy black gym peignoir.  First fight, anyone?

ETA:  Kaitlyn, why buy the bull when you can get the Rocky Mountain Oysters for free?

Edited by Fake Britt
  • Love 1

Love it!  Nick looks completely wasted drinking straight from the bottle, and Kaitlyn looks ready for sexnastics in her sexy black gym peignoir.  First fight, anyone?

I'm going to assume you meant Shawn? But speaking of Nick and watching this video/collection of social media pictures of Shawn and Kaitlyn, it does beg the question of how Nick, who was so into Andi, could have been into Kaitlyn. And it definitely proves that annoying though they may be, Kaitlyn definitely picked the best guy for her. They seem on the same level mentally and emotionally and that's not a particularly high level, for the record.

Of course, to be honest, I never believed Nick's claims of love during the season or most of what he said to Kaitlyn. I just never bought a great connection between them. Like however I felt about her, I absolutely believed Nick had very real feelings for Andi and I believed he was truly blindsided and heartbroken when she didn't pick him. I didn't get that with Kaitlyn. Even his reaction after her letting him go, complete with the ring toss she and her "fiance" have made so much fun of, I thought he seemed a little annoyed, but that's it. 

I'm not saying I necessarily believed Nick was insincere about anything and only wanted to get back on television but like I said in an episode thread, this may have been a case of the reality didn't match up to the fantasy. They only really talked on the phone and it may have been enough for him to build up this idea of who Kaitlyn was, because the situation didn't have a chance to get clouded by sex and too much drinking and whatever else.

But once he got in the competition and was physically present with her, the sides of her that wouldn't work for him came out but I think being competitive and wanting to win made him stick out and even try to convince himself he was in love. But I don't buy it and it's good she didn't pick him because they wouldn't have lasted either. 

Edited by truthaboutluv
  • Love 7

truthaboutluv:

Yes, I meant "Shawn" - thanks, I fixed it.

I agree with you here:  Kaitlyn really did Nick a favor by not choosing him.  Kaitlyn is a wild child, and Nick is a romantic (and an adult), to say the least.  But there's a difference between letting someone go gently, and encouraging him only to dump him later.  Furthermore, there are no producers hanging over her head now.  She can't blame them for her current trash Nick tour.  That's all on her and her caveman dreamboat.  

Edited by Fake Britt
  • Love 3

Wow.  Yeah, that is some highly unbecoming behavior.  I went from Team Anybody But Nick to Ride Or Die Team Nick weeks ago because of how badly Shawn was acting, and this only makes me glad to know that those two jerkfaces have found each other and that Nick is better off.  I only wish he could have been cut loose in time to run on over to Paradise, where no one cares how you emotionally toss objects, as long as you toss them emotionally.

And talk to the raccoon about it afterwards. That's my favorite part.

• Love 4

Kaitlyn looks 50 in some of those pictures.    Lay off the spray tan, it's aging.     Such an un photogenic  person, as is Shawn.

TB should create a show for it's unemployed mactors where there is a job for the final girl/guy standing.    So far, we have Kaitlyn, Shawn, Brady, and Britt, and that's just from this season.   It could be a Thing. 

Pigs flying...Andi says something nice about Nick, stating she actually believes he's genuine and wants to find love. And she even seems to think he'd make a decent Bachelor even if her vote is clearly for Ben H. which isn't surprising. I'm not even commenting on this so called "memoir" she's "writing". 

http://www.usmagazine.com/entertainment/news/andi-dorfman-ex-nick-viall-is-genuine-wants-to-fall-in-love-201578

Edited by truthaboutluv
  • Love 2

I can't believe it. lol

It made me think she's hearing from her producer friends that he is the next bachelor or she was smoking something when she said something nice about him. 

Edited by gator12
  • Love 3

It's obvious this girl is a major drinker.  It's always party time which is why she has no time for any career.  I think Shawn had his party hearty days but perhaps was trying to temper / escape that with working out and taking whatever they take to get pumped up.    I expect he will be carrying a good-sized paunch in a couple of months.  And those "hey we're drinking which means we're "partying woo! woo!" snaps. from their room is actually rather pathetic.  It does get old when that's the only way you know to entertain yourself.  

A fishing vacation?  That's usually days of heavy drinking with a hook in the water.   Not for everyone..but it has been my experience that it's often just another reason to spend the day getting wasted..  I don't see too many, if any,  young relationships that survive a lot of drinking.  They are usually the couple who always ends up fighting,  belittling each other etc. and you dread having them around because it's all so embarrassing.   Older couples are just too worn out and run-over to move on. 

Boozing every night is expensive too.  We'll see if they have the money to even take a vacation unless it's with her parents and they are providing the accommodations etc.    Like everyone else I give them a month or two after the media storm is over. 

• Love 1

Yes,  Seasick, I agree.  I thought for a while that the reason for all the changes this season might be that Kaitlyn was hard to control, and getting drunk a lot.  It fits with a lot, including her saying that she "lives in the moment",  and her talking about "going too far"  with Nick.  

A lot of her conversations with the guys were just make-out sessions, with very little talking shown on tv.  I think the producers and editors had to work hard to not let us see how much she was drinking, and how it was affecting her behavior.  There were lots of hints along the way, though. 

Edited by backformore
  • Love 1

I just hate the way they pose for pictures with Shawn in a manly stance, glaring straight ahead and Kailyn with her pit-bull grin glued to his side, hand on his chest, one leg up, like she's trying to climb him. It reminds me of those old Charles Atlas ads in the back of comic books.  "Shawn used to get sand kicked in his face but now he has horny girls climbing all over him!" Looking at her old boyfriends, they all fit her definition of a " man."  That is, they all weigh over 200lbs. It's like Olive Oyl when asked about why she likes Bluto.  "He's large."

• Love 4

I just hate the way they pose for pictures with Shawn in a manly stance, glaring straight ahead and Kailyn with her pit-bull grin glued to his side, hand on his chest, one leg up, like she's trying to climb him. It reminds me of those old Charles Atlas ads in the back of comic books.  "Shawn used to get sand kicked in his face but now he has horny girls climbing all over him!" Looking at her old boyfriends, they all fit her definition of a " man."  That is, they all weigh over 200lbs. It's like Olive Oyl when asked about why she likes Bluto.  "He's large."

Their breakup is going to be DELICIOUS.

Speaking of delicious breakups, Andi is releasing a book about hers. Yay! I can't waaaait for Josh's meltdown since it's obvious there's no love lost between them. Heh!

• Love 3

Just saw the complete list of this season's "Dancing with the Stars" contestants.  Can't help but wonder why the Bachelor merits an invite while the Bachelorette doesn't.  Before someone mentions Juan Pablo, I would like to point out that his offer was rescinded. Trista was the only Bachette ever invited, but I have a feeling that was because the show was just launching and they were desperate. Melissa Rycroft doesn't count because she was a contestant on the Bachelor.  To say I wasn't a fan of the last two Bachettes would be an understatement.  However, fair is fair.

• Love 1

It's only been three Bachelors in over 15 seasons (because The Bachelor premiered before DWTS, I can't say 20 leads) so not really that many. I think that's the problem here is that some Bachelor franchise fans have gotten the idea that being the lead is almost a guarantee for being on DWTS and it's simply not true in my opinion. And apparently Jillian, former Bachelorette lead, revealed in some interview that she was asked to be on after her season but turned it down and has regretted it ever since. I really think it is as simple as the timing of the shows. 

ABC literally goes from the finale of the Bachelor, right into the premiere of DWTS' spring season. So the Bachelor lead and his pick are still in the media and somewhat relevant. That's not the case with the Bachelorette. The show ends in the summer and it's weeks, a whole month and a half actually before DWTS comes back. At that point no one cares. Now granted, looking at this hot mess cast this season, I can't say Kaitlyn's insignificance would be that different but let's face it, in her case, she really wasn't very popular or liked by the general public. That probably didn't help. 

Edited by truthaboutluv
  • Love 3

I'm cackling at her not being on the show. You just know she was waiting with baited breath to get the invite. I'm sure Shawn is bummed too since those 2 can't seem to get enough of the spotlight. 

Edited by FireFoxy
  • Love 1

I can't stand her but too bad she isn't going to be on--the new DWTS cast is not interesting at all to me, and at least if KB was on I could have hate-watched, since I think her "dance instructor" profession is just something Show had to make up as a career for her, so I would have been childishly and pathetically thrilled to hear the judges rip her apart. The injured Peta being his imaginary girlfriend, Mr MML doesn't care about this season either.

There are probably more women "stars" who want to be on this show than men so the Bachelors have less competition in getting a spot. Of course I have no basis for this belief.

Edited by MakeMeLaugh
  • Love 1

It's only been three Bachelors in over 15 seasons (because The Bachelor premiered before DWTS, I can't say 20 leads) so not really that many.

Please keep in mind that while there is only one season of The Bachelor (January), there are two seasons of DWTS (March and Sept). 

Edited by Adeejay

Please keep in mind that every year while there is only one season of The Bachelor (January), there are two seasons of DWTS (March and Sept). 

I am aware but DWTS didn't premiere until 2005, while The Bachelor has been on since 2002. That's why I didn't count the 20 Bachelor leads because when the show first started, DWTS wasn't even on yet. 

Edited by truthaboutluv

Yay for Ali! Her fiance is cute. Josh's girl is a living Barbie doll! Wow! Stunning. I like that they were at a Boyz II Men concert. I think that was one of my favorite group date ever when they had to perform with Boyz II Men.