Type keyword(s) to search

The Bachelorette in the Media

• Start Topic

2 hours ago, ljenkins782 said:

Wonder if Jordan's ex (who also seems to hate him) is going to be the next featured girl on Chad's instagram..

That would be brilliant!  

• Love 6
4 hours ago, ljenkins782 said:

Oh, I'm sure she was too (and I can't really say I blame her). I'm sure she's going to LOVE watching this last episode where Robby reveals that his "life is short" epiphany showed him that he didn't want her.

Wonder if Jordan's ex (who also seems to hate him) is going to be the next featured girl on Chad's instagram...

Oh, I hope he hooks up with ALL of their ex-girlfriends, and if any of them have hot divorcee moms, go after them, too!

• Love 11
(edited)

First Chad claimed all their domain names - now he can control things, so that if you google, for example, Robby, it will lead to pictures of Chad making out with Robby's ex-girlfriend.   google Evan, get a picture of Chad ripping up a shirt.  and so on.  I hope he does this, it would be a riot!

Edited by backformore
  • Love 9
25 minutes ago, backformore said:

First Chad claimed all their domain names - now he can control things, so that if you google, for example, Robby, it will lead to pictures of Chad making out with Robby's ex-girlfriend.   google Evan, get a picture of Chad ripping up a shirt.  and so on.  I hope he does this, it would be a riot!

That would be a much better way to get back at them than threatening to find them and beat them up. 

• Love 4
(edited)

Interview with Cory Higgins from Meredith's season (International Business Times)

“The Bachelor” is a huge franchise, but not everyone becomes huge stars. Each season has breakout contestants who viewers fall in love with and follow. That wasn’t the case for Higgins. While he certainly had the looks to be on the reality show, he didn’t click with Meredith Phillips, the lead in Season 2. Higgins was cut during the first rose ceremony, but it was something he saw coming. Producers showed him an introduction video of Meredith the night before filming.

“You know immediately,” Higgins says of not being attracted to the Phillips. “She was 31, I was 23. I’m not looking for someone [who is] 31 years old at 23 years old.”

According to Higgins, producers told him he was actually cast for a “25-year-old blond cheerleader from San Diego” but that they recast the star of “The Bachelorette” at the last minute. A wife of one of the executive producers reportedly really liked Meredith from Bob Guiney’s season of “The Bachelor.”

“None of us were cast for Meredith,” Higgins says . . .

. . . He went down to the hotel’s gym with a warning from his handler not to talk to anyone. After about a handful of single men walked through the door, someone finally asked if they were all there for the show.

“There were like 10 of us just sitting on the machines and talking, ‘Can you believe it’s this girl?’ ” Higgins says. “I feel bad saying this but it is what it is. We were all in our early to mid-20s and were cast for somebody else. That lined up. That fit the bill that we were cast for somebody else. So, we were like, ‘f--- it. I don’t care at this point.’ ”

Edited by chaja
  • Love 5

So this popped up in my facebook feed today: https://www.buzzfeed.com/twinssayfunnythings/bachelorette-contestants-that-look-like-stuff-sg5m

Some of them are pretty good.

I will say, though, that although lots of people here have made the Derek = John Krasinski comparison, I've never watched The Office, so I didn't really think about it. But holy wow, even with their photos directly side by side, I'm not sure I could tell the difference.

• Love 6

Not sure this counts as "in the media," but I have been following Chad on Snapchat and... eek. I was Team Chad during the show, but do NOT ruin it by following him on Snapchat. All he does is eat protein, workout, lay in bed and rent DVDs. Oh, and he always has a stack of single dollar bills around for some reason. He seems to enjoy putting on his sunglasses (indoors, at night), smoking a cigarette and throwing singles into the air for Snapchat with club music playing. He is SUCH a weirdo. I still think Alex is a douche but... Chad is a huge douche too. There are no winners here. Watching Chad's snaps has started to make me feel, I don't know, sad or uncomfortable or something, so I think I'm going to need to unfollow him.

• Love 2

I just heard Anna Kendrick on Ryan Seacrest's radio show. Ryan asked why she isn't tweeting The Bachelorette this season because she always does. She said because Jordan Rogers is in the movie Pitch Perfect 2 with her.

• Love 1
(edited)
13 hours ago, Nowhere said:

Does anybody know how I can watch past seasons of The Bachelor/Bachelorette or if it's even an option?

You can probably find them free somewhere on the interwebs, but you can buy most seasons on Amazon Prime streaming.  I'm wanting to see Flajnik's (sp?) season again after reading Courtney's book. 

Edited by WhoAmIReally
  • Love 1
(edited)
7 hours ago, saber5055 said:

I just heard Anna Kendrick on Ryan Seacrest's radio show. Ryan asked why she isn't tweeting The Bachelorette this season because she always does. She said because Jordan Rogers is in the movie Pitch Perfect 2 with her.

Yeah she said she was bias cause she had a horse in the race. I didn't realize he was in that movie.

Edited by Artsda
4 hours ago, Artsda said:

I didn't realize he was in that movie.

It was a tiny part. He was part of the Green Bay Packers a-capella group that sang off against the Barden Bellas at a party. Clay Matthews was the main guy in that group; Jordan was just in the background. This article has a trailer and a picture. Jordan appears very briefly in the trailer at the 1:08 mark. Seems like his hair was better then than it is now.

If I remember correctly, Jordan's IMDB said he's been in three movies, although there is no picture of him. So, maybe he's a "sort of" actor. I did finally read that Chad ex-boyfriend article that put JoJo in a tiz a few eps back. Call me jaded, but I believe his side of the story. Can't say much of anyone goes on this show for "true love" these days. If it happens, great, there's the bonus. But bottom line, it's fast and maybe not-fleeting fame.

• Love 1
On ‎7‎/‎9‎/‎2016 at 1:51 PM, GinnyMars said:

Since we're talking about previous seasons of the Bachelor/ette: which ones would you recommend?

I haven't seen all of them but in my opinion Emily's was the best.

• Love 3
On July 9, 2016 at 1:51 PM, GinnyMars said:

Since we're talking about previous seasons of the Bachelor/ette: which ones would you recommend?

I thought Jillian's season was very entertaining. She was fun and down-to-earth, but not trashy like Kaitlyn or an insecure mess like Ashely. She had some great guys (and some that were great TV, like Wes Hayden), fun activities on the dates, and first-rate travel destinations (e.g. Barcelona). The only downer was that she picked sleazy Ed in the end, when she could have had the adorably bespectacled Reid.

• Love 7

I loved Trista's season, even though she had that annoying baby voice...All the guys were gaga over her, and I loved some of the guys that were on her show-

i always wondered what happened to Jamie, who was such good friends with and was on Oprah with Bob guiney. I have watched every season but Jen's Shefts was SOOO boring,it was so obvious she had a boyfriend at home, and Deanna was a total B*tch. Word to whoever said Ashley was way to  insecure-

I loved Meredith's season as well.

Interesting article on Jezebel today: Jordan Rodgers is full of shit

A lot of family stuff going on, Aaron's family being unhappy that Olivia M talked openly with the press about sex with Aaron,  Aaron backing out last minute on being in a family friend's wedding, his brother Luke commenting on it on Instagram, Aaron stopped following his brothers on social media, stuff like that. 

So what do we know? That yes, Jordan clearly has a “complicated” relationship with his brother. That his brother, for reasons not quite known, now has a complicated relationship with his immediate family, one that Jordan attributes to his fame and that others think is because Jordan’s a cheating fame whore. Nothing is certain (particularly because Aaron isn’t blabbing his mouth about it all), but it isn’t the one-sided situation Jordan presented to JoJo last night, which was just the latest example of sketchy behavior on his part.

• Love 2

It makes no sense that Aaron would distance himself from his entire family because Jordan is a "cheating fame whore."  Would someone punish their parents and other brother because of this?  No.  There is much more to this than we know. 

• Love 5
39 minutes ago, backformore said:

Interesting article on Jezebel today: Jordan Rodgers is full of shit

A lot of family stuff going on, Aaron's family being unhappy that Olivia M talked openly with the press about sex with Aaron,  Aaron backing out last minute on being in a family friend's wedding, his brother Luke commenting on it on Instagram, Aaron stopped following his brothers on social media, stuff like that. 

Well if they shun Aaron for that, then what are they going to do if/when (I'm assuming 'when,' b/c she's so starry-eyed for him) Jordan bones down with Jojo in a cabana hut on national television come Fantasy Suites?

• Love 3

And frankly, I always took Olivia Munn's commenting on her and Aaron's sex life as a desperate attempt to refute the gay rumors that have followed Aaron for quite awhile, particularly when his close friendship with his assistant suddenly ended with no explanation. There have been so many things said and written about Aaron that he never responds to or comments on, which honestly, good for him I say. 

• Love 3
3 minutes ago, truthaboutluv said:

And frankly, I always took Olivia Munn's commenting on her and Aaron's sex life as a desperate attempt to refute the gay rumors that have followed Aaron for quite awhile, particularly when his close friendship with his assistant suddenly ended with no explanation. There have been so many things said and written about Aaron that he never responds to or comments on, which honestly, good for him I say. 

Yeah, I had read that as well.  Aaron had a best friend who went everywhere with him.  when asked about the gay rumors, Aaron insisted he was straight, and said he wanted to keep his private life private, refused to talk about who he was dating, and then dropped the "best friend".   Suddenly Olivia Munn is talking about what a stud he is - so much for keeping private life private. 

The issue between Jordan and Aaron might have been partially caused by Olivia fixing Jordan up with her friend, and Jordan cheating on her. 

Another Jezebel article echoes what we've been saying:

I'm Convinced That the Remaining Bachelorette Contestants Are Quadruplets

Even after sitting through the entire two hours (!!!!!), I’m not actually convinced that four of the six guys featured are different people. I mean, I know technically they are, but I also feel like there’s a solid chance ABC found some adult quadruplets and is trying to pull a fast one on us.

• Love 4

ET had a entire segment on Aaron's estrangement from his family tonight and it's not on the family/Jordon it's on Aaron. He's not just having nothing to do with his brothers but everyone. They showed family pics from the last time Aaron was seen with them to now the family doing Disney World and all their family things without him.

7 hours ago, Artsda said:

ET had a entire segment on Aaron's estrangement from his family tonight and it's not on the family/Jordon it's on Aaron. He's not just having nothing to do with his brothers but everyone. They showed family pics from the last time Aaron was seen with them to now the family doing Disney World and all their family things without him.

Did they say why, or they just implied Aaron abandoned his family for some unknown reason?

Aaron is being interviewed by Bill Simmons tonight on HBO.   Not sure when the interview was filmed but Bill is a huge follower of Bachelor programs so for sure he's going to ask about Jordan.  Will be interesting to see what he says or doesn't say.

My mom's brothers fell apart over the ownership of an antique coffee table so it always pains me to see siblings feuding as life is way too short for such crap unless there is a very, very valid reason for the estrangement like some sort of abuse.   

• Love 2
On 11/07/2016 at 1:51 AM, chocolatine said:

I thought Jillian's season was very entertaining. She was fun and down-to-earth, but not trashy like Kaitlyn or an insecure mess like Ashely. She had some great guys (and some that were great TV, like Wes Hayden), fun activities on the dates, and first-rate travel destinations (e.g. Barcelona). The only downer was that she picked sleazy Ed in the end, when she could have had the adorably bespectacled Reid.

On 11/07/2016 at 8:44 PM, nlkm9 said:

I loved Trista's season, even though she had that annoying baby voice...All the guys were gaga over her, and I loved some of the guys that were on her show-

i always wondered what happened to Jamie, who was such good friends with and was on Oprah with Bob guiney. I have watched every season but Jen's Shefts was SOOO boring,it was so obvious she had a boyfriend at home, and Deanna was a total B*tch. Word to whoever said Ashley was way to  insecure-

I loved Meredith's season as well.

Thanks guys. :)

I'll put in a word for Ashley's season.  I found it interesting because it had more of a realistic story arc than most.  Girl falls in lust for a jerk who's playing her and gets burned, girl is made the butt of some jokes and gets her feelings hurt, girl starts to notice the quiet guy who has had her back through it all, girl falls  deeply in love and lives happily ever after.  Also -- the most beautiful dress ever at the proposal. 

• Love 12

While I agree Ashley was quite insecure which sometimes made it painfully awkward to watch, I was delighted for her in the end, and I'm glad she went on to become one of the franchise's few success stories.  

• Love 5
4 hours ago, Fable said:

While I agree Ashley was quite insecure which sometimes made it painfully awkward to watch, I was delighted for her in the end, and I'm glad she went on to become one of the franchise's few success stories.  

8 hours ago, JudyObscure said:

I'll put in a word for Ashley's season.  I found it interesting because it had more of a realistic story arc than most.  Girl falls in lust for a jerk who's playing her and gets burned, girl is made the butt of some jokes and gets her feelings hurt, girl starts to notice the quiet guy who has had her back through it all, girl falls  deeply in love and lives happily ever after.  Also -- the most beautiful dress ever at the proposal. 

I agree with you both.  I really felt like I was watching a love story develop when she finally noticed JP.

And after the show ended, they did things right.  At After the Final Rose, JP said that they had dinner "together" every night over Skype and spent hours and hours talking and really getting to know each other.  It obviously worked.

• Love 6

Ashley and JP may be a great success story for the franchise but her season was pretty bad. The dudes were anxious to leave left and right bc she was not Emily. Ashley was a crying mess every. single. episode.

The best TB seasons were Trisha's, Jillian's, and Emily's IMO. All three had different degrees of attractiveness and knew who they were and always were in command.

• Love 3
On 7/18/2016 at 2:56 PM, DEL901 said:

I agree with you both.  I really felt like I was watching a love story develop when she finally noticed JP.

And after the show ended, they did things right.  At After the Final Rose, JP said that they had dinner "together" every night over Skype and spent hours and hours talking and really getting to know each other.  It obviously worked.

And those two really put their relationship as their priority. Ashley was offered a spot at DWTS, but preferred to finish dental school and be on the DL, instead of chasing more spotlight. The money would have been nice as well but Ashley (and JP) have their priorities straight.

3 hours ago, thehepburn said:

Ashley and JP may be a great success story for the franchise but her season was pretty bad. The dudes were anxious to leave left and right bc she was not Emily. Ashley was a crying mess every. single. episode.

I think it was only Bentley who wanted to leave because she was not Emily. Most of the guys were ok with Ashley, from what I remember. I think the reason why other guys (aside from Bentley, it was only a couple other guys, really, not most of them), was because they were furious that Ashley let Bentley back into the show after he had already left, so they felt blindsided about the fact that they have more "competition" when such competition already made the decision to leave earlier.

30 minutes ago, TheFinalRose said:

Des' season was also fun. The Des/Brooks drama was off the charts! And she ended up with one of the nicest guys I think ever cast on the show, so I'd recommend her season too.  

I liked Des' season too. Mostly because I like Des - she's not the prettiest girl but seemed laidback, approachable and fun enough to hang out with. 

(edited)
40 minutes ago, slowpoked said:

I think it was only Bentley who wanted to leave because she was not Emily. Most of the guys were ok with Ashley, from what I remember. I think the reason why other guys (aside from Bentley, it was only a couple other guys, really, not most of them), was because they were furious that Ashley let Bentley back into the show after he had already left, so they felt blindsided about the fact that they have more "competition" when such competition already made the decision to leave earlier.

Nope. Bentley was just the most vocal and hateful. There was that douchey cook who left at F8? Her F3 was part of the CroMagnon Twins who were more interested in each other than her.

Again, Ashley is a nice girl but she sucked as TB. 

Edited by thehepburn

Nope. Bentley was just the most vocal and hateful. There was that douchey cook who left at F8? Her F3 was part of the CroMagnon Twins who were more interested in each other than her.

Supposedly part of the reason a lot of the guys were so ambivalent is that it was clear from pretty early on that JP had the whole thing sewn up. There's even speculation that the Bentley storyline was given such emphasis even after he left to distract from the fact that Ashley's F1 was so apparent for much of the season, and that she purposely picked a few guys to continue (like the restaurant guy) knowing they weren't into her, because she didn't need them to be. She had her guy at that point. Can't argue with the crying or the insecurity, though I think the insecurity was relatable. Ashley wasn't my favorite Bachelorette because she could be annoying, but her love story is my favorite by far. I think Des and Chris are awesome also, but the way that came about was a bit too odd for me at the time, given that she had been eager to accept a proposal from a different man not 48 hours before. 

• Love 1
On 7/18/2016 at 5:56 PM, DEL901 said:

Aww, Ashley and Japes are my favorite couple from the franchise and hers is my favorite season. I loved their chemistry from the "cupcake" conversation. I think her initial attraction to Bentley was real, but I also think the producers played it up to create a storyline to detract from the fact that she and JP were totally into each other from early on in the season.  (Seriously, watch their first date in Episode 3 again or that kissing scene on the beach in Episode 4.)  

Anyway, JP and his mom are probably my two favorite people who have ever appeared on a version of the franchise and I love everything about the way Ashley's season turned out.

• Love 3
(edited)

As a Packers fan, I'm pissed that Jordan getting laid on national television is now a topic of questions at Training Camp, when reporters should be asking Aaron about fucking football. Jordan and the whole family took a private family matter and turned it into a distraction. But hey, that's okay if Jordan gets a broadcasting gig out of it, right? Use your brother all you can, bro. The family obviously approves. 

Yeah, I'm sure this will go a LONG WAY to repair your relationship, Rodgers Fam. 

Aaron Rodgers gave an interview in which he classily refused to discuss private family matters, but nevertheless wished Jordan well "in the competition". Burn!

Aaron is as good at throwing subtle shade as he is throwing the football. 

Edited by ChicksDigScars
  • Love 9

I don't think telling the truth, that was already known was using Aaron. Aaron having nothing to do with his family was not a huge secret that Jordon announced. Aaron gets asked about his celebrity relationship he has put on display, is he using Oliva Munn, is that a distraction? 

It is when the show manipulates it for Jordan's benefit. That whole staged fisaco with the two chairs at the end of the table? Jason Wilde, who is the ESPN Wisconsin beat reporter for the Packers, and has a personal relationship with Aaron (friends, plus, Rodgers trusts him more than most), brought that whole scene up on the air this morning, saying that not only was Aaron not even invited to the Family Visit and didn't know about it when it was happening, but that it ended up being at the same time as Packer OTA's, so Rodgers was at work in Green Bay at the time. Unspoken as to WHERE he got that info, but you can probably guess who said it. Sounds like that entire scene might have struck a nerve. Yet, the show and Jordan, acted like Aaron was "missing," and that it was his choice and a slight against the family. They played it up. That's using Aaron, his name and the family situation, for drama. And maybe sympathy, because Jojo fell for it and felt pity for Jordan because of it. She's now posting articles about the "family feud" on her Facebook page, including an article blaming the whole thing on Olivia Munn. Way to endear yourself to the family you want to join, dipshit. She really is just 25 years old, isn't she?

• Love 4