Type keyword(s) to search

The Bachelorette in the Media

• Start Topic

(edited)
On 1/2/2024 at 1:25 PM, Crashcourse said:

I'm not surprised about the split, but I am surprised about his request for spousal support.  I guess the chiropractor business isn't doing that well?

I have long felt he was a scammer and I believe he sold MLM products.  I liked her but never liked him, even when they surprised me by actually getting married. 

However, in terms of spousal support, I do understand why it's included in this filing.  A lawyer will often make sure they protect their client's potential rights even if, in the end, their client doesn't go after it. 

As for whether he deserves it, from what I understand, he did give up his practice, where he likely had a client base, and followed Rachel to LA where he would have to reestablish his base.  Since they haven't been married long and he has been in LA even a shorter amount of time, it could be argued that he made a career sacrifice so she could improve her own career. Given the length of their marriage, the support likely wouldn't be for long anyway.

Update:  I'm reading that there may have been some other circumstances why he gave up his FL practice and moved to LA so maybe the sacrifice wasn't FOR Rachel.  It'll be interesting to see how messy this gets.

Edited by Irlandesa
  • Like 3
  • Useful 2
On 1/4/2024 at 12:01 AM, Irlandesa said:

I have long felt he was a scammer and I believe he sold MLM products.  I liked her but never liked him, even when they surprised me by actually getting married. 

He always struck me as smarmy on the show, but I didn't follow him closely enough to have an opinion on whether he really is or not.

I like her and I think she's held her head up against a lot of shit thrown her way by the public, I can imagine that not wanting to give that public the unhappy ending they seem so intent on her having could have played a role in the length of their relationship. 

• Like 4