Type keyword(s) to search

The Bachelorette in the Media

• Start Topic

19 hours ago, ljenkins782 said:

I think it's mostly the girls involved with some of the male rep-torpedo-ers. Off the top, I'm thinking of Brendan's girl (whose name I have forgotten altogether, ironic given that their storyline was primarily about how popular they were going to get on Instagram)

Oh, yes.  The lovely Pieper. Seems like a wonderful woman... at least she did on Matt's season. She has a masters' degree in marketing, you know?

There are definitely some pieces of work among the ladies.  It just seems, from my unscientific analysis, it's mostly the dudes who do themselves in.  

• Love 1
1 hour ago, phlebas said:

Oh, yes.  The lovely Pieper. Seems like a wonderful woman... at least she did on Matt's season. She has a masters' degree in marketing, you know?

There are definitely some pieces of work among the ladies.  It just seems, from my unscientific analysis, it's mostly the dudes who do themselves in.  

Yes, I suspect it's because on their seasons, there was only 1 woman in the mix so it was pretty easy to be "faithful" in that setting. Then they go on BiP (or go to Stagecoach off camera) and get mixed up in multiple relationships that end badly.

• Love 2

I remember after the episode, there were a lot of questions over Rachel sending Jordan V. home on their one-on-one and people questioning her for making the decision saying "what if Gabby liked him?"

I'm paraphrasing, but both girls were on the Bachelor Happy Hour podcast this week and mentioned that they discussed who they were taking on those early one-on-ones together and chose guys that the other wasn't interested in. Additionally, they said that Rachel called Gabby during the date (and woke her up, haha) to tell her she wanted to send Jordan home and got Gabby's okay. 

Just thought that was interesting because I wasn't sure how it worked! I'd rather see conversations like that than their meltdowns that the producers enjoy so much. 

• Useful 6
  • Love 5

I came across this picture.  I can't decide if Gabby is sitting down or Rachel is on a table. Rachel is behind something, but Gabby may be on a bar stool. Or milk crate.

Also, I'm referring to them collectively as GnR.  If I think of Guns'n'Roses while watching, I get a much different vibe from the episode.

GnR.png.80fe01f9f9aa10127d53eee980326265.png

• LOL 4
2 hours ago, phlebas said:

Also, I'm referring to them collectively as GnR.  If I think of Guns'n'Roses while watching, I get a much different vibe from the episode.

It would be great if the producers played Don't Cry every time one of them is rejected or feels like she's not getting enough attention.

• LOL 2
  • Love 3
5 hours ago, phlebas said:

I came across this picture.  I can't decide if Gabby is sitting down or Rachel is on a table. Rachel is behind something, but Gabby may be on a bar stool. Or milk crate.

GnR.png.80fe01f9f9aa10127d53eee980326265.png

Looks like they are at a booth at a restaurant. Rachel is seated on the top of the booth, while Gabby is standing next to it.

• Love 1
2 hours ago, DEL901 said:

Honestly my eyes rolled. There may be some truth to it but to come out to get revenge on her ex is very classless. Again, he may have been a dog, but what guy would want to date a girl who is willing to share screenshots and publicly humiliate her ex. Not gonna lie, i liked him and it’s a disappointment . I’m so glad i grew up in the day there was no texting or emails to show after a breakuP,

• Love 2
20 hours ago, nlkm9 said:

Honestly my eyes rolled. There may be some truth to it but to come out to get revenge on her ex is very classless. Again, he may have been a dog, but what guy would want to date a girl who is willing to share screenshots and publicly humiliate her ex. Not gonna lie, i liked him and it’s a disappointment . I’m so glad i grew up in the day there was no texting or emails to show after a breakuP,

I'd love to comment on this but the effing US Weekly site still won't load. That thing is so loaded with crap and popups that it's impossible to get to the article you might want to read.

• Love 2
On 8/10/2022 at 4:19 PM, ljenkins782 said:

I'd love to comment on this but the effing US Weekly site still won't load. That thing is so loaded with crap and popups that it's impossible to get to the article you might want to read.

This gal Kelsey is claiming she dated Nate from 2020 to 2021, and got messages from a gal named Laree who said she had been "romantically involved" with him at the same time.  But what I find really surprising is that Kelsey said, “I cried for a guy who kept his kid a secret from me for 1.5 years when we were dating and I found out on reality TV." 

So she didn't know he had a kid for the year and a half they were together, and found out when she was watching The Bachelorette?!

On 8/9/2022 at 7:52 PM, nlkm9 said:

but what guy would want to date a girl who is willing to share screenshots and publicly humiliate her ex.

A guy who weighs that against dating a girl who won't figure out you have a child and other girlfriends?

• Applause 3
21 hours ago, StatisticalOutlier said:

This gal Kelsey is claiming she dated Nate from 2020 to 2021, and got messages from a gal named Laree who said she had been "romantically involved" with him at the same time.  But what I find really surprising is that Kelsey said, “I cried for a guy who kept his kid a secret from me for 1.5 years when we were dating and I found out on reality TV." 

So she didn't know he had a kid for the year and a half they were together, and found out when she was watching The Bachelorette?!

A guy who weighs that against dating a girl who won't figure out you have a child and other girlfriends?

Im not disputing that he was obviously a bad boyfriend but there are 2 sides. I would like to hear his side. And yes i think going after your ex publicly for revenge with so much info would make any potential Dates think twice. We all have good and bad dating history but going completely public just to “ ruin” someone is sad. Just my opinion. This seems to happen every season and i always wonder how much attention, fame, sympathy or revenge these folks want . 

here is the quote I just found from this woman "“I don’t want to affect his future, but it’s important for me to try and prevent another girl from being blindsided by his secrecies.”>>> I dont even know if secrecies is a word, but I dont bleieve she isnt trying to affect his life, nor do I think she is doing this to be a good person. Im looking forward to hearing both sides.

Edited by nlkm9
ommissin
  • Love 3

Did anything ever come of the allegations against Joe Coleman on Michelle's season?  I can't find any recent stories.  It looks like he was quietly disappeared by The Franchise, but maybe the accusations weren't actionable or had happened too long ago?

• Applause 1

Okay, Logan posted this after leaving the show. Did he leave for his mental health, or did his “heart steer” him into the arms of a cruiseline employee?? Either way, doesn’t sound like COVID.

9B45B072-B5E1-4EC2-893B-FA5CCA5E101B.jpeg

• Useful 2
1 hour ago, JenE4 said:

Okay, Logan posted this after leaving the show. Did he leave for his mental health, or did his “heart steer” him into the arms of a cruiseline employee?? Either way, doesn’t sound like COVID.

9B45B072-B5E1-4EC2-893B-FA5CCA5E101B.jpeg

Spoiler

Wait until people find it steered him to BiP  

• Wink 3

I think it was his mental health, why otherwise would you go into that topic in detail in a public post? He's probably not cut out for this enterprise, I doubt we'll see him again including on BiP. 

• Wink 1
6 hours ago, Tuneful said:

I think it was his mental health, why otherwise would you go into that topic in detail in a public post? He's probably not cut out for this enterprise, I doubt we'll see him again including on BiP. 

Spoiler

Surprisingly he does show up on BIP! And he is apparently in the original first group that starts the show out so he must have pretty much gone right to Mexico from the cruise to start filming BIP. How this ties in with his COVID diagnosis or his mental health I can't imagine.

• Love 2

Well it looks like ABC has at least decided to allow for a bit more time to the ending of this season's storylines. I believe we are getting one additional episode.

I just read on Reality Steve's site that the original schedule posted for the last few episodes has been updated. There will be two consecutive nights for the overnights plus 2 Tuesday nights for the finale and ATFR.

Quote from RS:

-------"a clarification regarding a schedule change. Last week, Bustle had reported (which I quoted), that the rest of the season would play out with Part 1 of overnights next Monday the 5th, Part 2 of overnights the following Tuesday the 13th, then the finale and ATFR on Tuesday, the 20th. Well according to the Bachelorette IG account that posted the missing rose ceremony yesterday, next week will have the two overnight episodes back-to-back on Mon & Tues the 5th & 6th. The Finale will be spread out over the following two Tuesdays, the 13th 20th." 

Edited by Melonie77
  • Like 2
30 minutes ago, chocolatine said:

"[D]ropping 16 celebrities into the Jordanian desert" sounds like a terrible idea. Not "so bad it could be good" terrible, just terrible-terrible.

But how could that go wrong?

• Wink 1
  • Love 1
16 hours ago, DEL901 said:

Tino’s dad speaks…or rather posts. #5 is the most interesting, I think, of his comments to Bachelor fans:

https://www.usmagazine.com/entertainment/news/bachelorettes-tino-francos-dad-makes-waves-with-show-commentary/

He also says this:

“And finally … 10. I am too young and too tall to be part of the Lollipop Guild in the Wizard of Oz. Nor have I ever been aboard the Starship Enterprise"!

7 hours ago, phlebas said:

Wait - Erich appeared in blackface in his HS yearbook?  wtf

Where did you see this? I don't know how a high school would allow this to happen.

Edited by Melonie77
4 hours ago, JenE4 said:

“Nayte Olukoya Reveals Why He Broke Up With Michelle Young Over the Phone, Right After Her B-Day”

Read in Cosmopolitan: https://apple.news/AI8ED7raPTiSJBsKSJbNWsg

Dude should have kept quiet. Yikes! His “side” doesn’t exactly make him look good.

Nayte is a dick. I hope Michelle got to keep the entire $200k the show gave them for a down payment, since she was the lead.

How didn't Erich's blackface photo not come out much sooner? I agree that the high school shouldn't have allowed it to happen at a school event, and even if it was a private event, that photo shouldn't have been allowed into the yearbook. Any chance this is just a layout error, and Erich's quote was placed next to a Black student's picture?

• Applause 2

Nayte is a total d-bag and sounds like an idiot in that interview.

I’m also surprised Erich’s photo didn’t come out earlier too, especially in light of what Rachael went through with those Antebellum photos. I guess it only counts if the Bachelor or bachelorette is a POC.

• Like 2
8 hours ago, Kiss my mutt said:

I’m also surprised Erich’s photo didn’t come out earlier too, especially in light of what Rachael went through with those Antebellum photos. I guess it only counts if the Bachelor or bachelorette is a POC.

To be fair, we haven't heard anything from Gabby about this yet.  And ABC is not going to start vetting their contestants -- they have a tradition to maintain!

Good luck to them.  If Matt James can get past it, Gabby can.

But I am exhausted by the endless parade of problematic contestants.  At least Google these people first....

(Meanwhile, ABC execs are all "Oh crap, we better toss them another black lead. Call Aven, but for God's sake don't Google him first.")

Edited by phlebas
  • LOL 2
16 hours ago, JenE4 said:

“Nayte Olukoya Reveals Why He Broke Up With Michelle Young Over the Phone, Right After Her B-Day”

Dude should have kept quiet. Yikes! His “side” doesn’t exactly make him look good.

Yeah he sounds like an asshole. I think what he really meant to say was, "I used her to get to the end and gain followers and now I don't need her."

I really don't understand why the show gave them so much money for a down payment on a house. That's a huge thing and why does no one else get offered that? They lasted like 3 days so now what happens with the money?

• Like 1
  • Love 7
16 hours ago, JenE4 said:

Oooh, juicy! 

Very assholey to dump your fiancee over the phone, at least he's regrettable about that.

I think a lot of us saw the red flags with Michelle and Nayte throughout the season, and that Michelle chose him as F1 mostly due to passionate/physical attraction. The fact that they were already having big arguments in January, not long after their season wrapped, is already not a good sign. 

Michelle has changed since the show/15 minutes of fame. Didn't she quit teaching? They've both benefitted off of this experience with opportunities, social media followers (how dumb that we live in a world where something so trivial like this now equals "success"), and money. If Michelle really wanted something real, she would've picked Brandon. 

• Like 1
  • Love 6

What an absolute mess this season has been and it just keeps getting worse.
I wonder if this show is even possible anymore with so many people treating it like a stepping stone to fame rather than a chance for a relationship. Social media has ruined the show.

Perhaps they should do a show featuring a competition for the next top American Influencer. How to be famous for doing nothing. How to make a ton of money despite being stupid, lazy and without any career background. Or how to drop your socially important career as a teacher or lawyer to make money by becoming a phony persona hawking beauty products and alternative medicines.😟

• Applause 3
  • Love 2

I guess it can be intoxicating to be fawned over.  After she was on the Bachelor, Michelle returned to work and the show was scheduled around the school year.  But I guess teaching didn’t compare to her new opportunities.   I can’t say I blame her for trying to make the most of her fame, but these opportunities don’t generally last, and the big $ one is DWTS and they didn’t choose her.   Maybe she will go back to teaching in the future…who knows.    But I do believe she and Nayte should give back the $200,000.  It was given to them to put towards a home together and they have split.  

• Love 7

I thought I read somewhere that they would have to give the money back but there hasn't been anything official announced that I've come across. They have to return the ring if they don't make it so the $ should go back as well.

Michelle is doing a bachelor podcast now...I think w/ Becca. Perhaps she didn't plan to leave teaching before going on the show but I think many other participants go in with the intention to get a shot at easy Instagram money. Michelle seems to have fallen for that world - at least for now - which really surprised me.

One step that might keep this from happening or at least curb it, is to pick each new lead from outside the previous season's show. They could start early and make sure to research the person well. Then when choosing the group of potential suitors they could tailor them to the lead's preferences.

I believe they have all the girls lined up for the next season of Bachelor already but these women applied not knowing who the bach would be. I would think that this would be a problem...unless you go on for fame only.

Edited by Melonie77
  • Love 1

It would be good to hear Michelle’s side.

And please — it’s “she and I,” not “her and I.”  (Remove the “and I” from the sentence — would you say “her got invited”?  No.)

Edited by Thumper
  • Applause 1
  • Love 3
On 9/9/2022 at 9:50 AM, funnygirl said:

Michelle has changed since the show/15 minutes of fame. Didn't she quit teaching?

A lot of people have or are looking to quit teaching.  It might be a twofer of pursuing more lucrative opportunities and leaving the low-paid demanding position. 

• Love 4
47 minutes ago, DEL901 said:

The funny thing is I read somewhere that Erich never sought out a spot on the show. IOW he did not apply.
Apparently the show recruited him. They saw his Instagram account and reached out to ask if he wanted to appear on the Bachelorette show.

Reality Steve has been hinting about a big story he has had for a while now. I wonder if this is it. I haven't checked his site yet today but I'm off to go do so now.

• Useful 2