Type keyword(s) to search

The Bachelorette in the Media

• Start Topic

On 11/25/2021 at 4:38 PM, Back Atcha said:

Hasn't that ship SAILED?  How many opportunities is one guy allowed?

I can't remember where I read recently (Google news?) in an article about the Blake/Katie breakup that supposedly many franchise fans are hoping Blake would be a future Bachelor.  NO!!!  Please, please, no more Blake!  He's starting to smell like very old fish.

I do fear that we are not done with media hound Blake, though, and it makes me wish the Canada/US border would close again!  

• LOL 6
  • Love 5

So John decided to post an explanation/their side of the story comment on the Bachelor Reddit community. Judging by the comments, didn't go so well.

Basically the sub is still firmly, "Katie's the worse, why are you apologizing to us random people instead of the guy you both screwed over and you two are still the worse." 

Edited by truthaboutluv
  • Useful 1
  • LOL 4
2 hours ago, Recyclorette said:

I can't remember where I read recently (Google news?) in an article about the Blake/Katie breakup that supposedly many franchise fans are hoping Blake would be a future Bachelor.  NO!!!  Please, please, no more Blake!  He's starting to smell like very old fish.

I do fear that we are not done with media hound Blake, though, and it makes me wish the Canada/US border would close again!  

Who are these mysterious “fans”?

Are these fans 3-5 people who posted 200 things a day on Twitter or they based upon a larger viewing audience - or on actual market research?Since reality TV shows and many groups, companies and other organizations these days seem to decide what the “opinion” of the public or their target market based upon this small minority of posters represents their market at large, I am guessing the former. That being said, I still think they missed the mark.

• Love 6
23 hours ago, truthaboutluv said:

So John decided to post an explanation/their side of the story comment on the Bachelor Reddit community. Judging by the comments, didn't go so well.

Basically the sub is still firmly, "Katie's the worse, why are you apologizing to us random people instead of the guy you both screwed over and you two are still the worse." 

Dear John, I ain't reading all that. I'm happy for you tho, or sorry that happened.

Seriously, why that whole dissertation for Reddit and nothing for Blake? John should have viewed "12 Days of Messy" as a close look at how Katie treats exes and has the next option already lined up, but John probably thinks their love is so pure and different. 

For what it's worth, Blake says he hopes to find love again in the real world, not on another Bachelor show:

Edited by Dejana
  • LOL 1
  • Love 4
20 hours ago, Recyclorette said:

YEP!  When these people are desperate to be "stars," and they have equally desperate AGENTS...we ain't seen the last of 'em.

7 hours ago, Dejana said:

Dear John, I ain't reading all that. I'm happy you tho, or sorry that happened.

Here's another "Dear John."

Dear John,  Haven't you embarrassed yourself and everyone who knows you enough?

• LOL 2
  • Love 3
On 11/27/2021 at 7:58 PM, truthaboutluv said:

TL;DR Katie called, "Engagement off, wanna fuck?"

• LOL 4
  • Love 2
On 11/28/2021 at 7:46 AM, Dejana said:

Dear John, I ain't reading all that. I'm happy for you tho, or sorry that happened.

Seriously, why that whole dissertation for Reddit and nothing for Blake? John should have viewed "12 Days of Messy" as a close look at how Katie treats exes and has the next option already lined up, but John probably thinks their love is so pure and different. 

For what it's worth, Blake says he hopes to find love again in the real world, not on another Bachelor show:

LOL, seriously. I'm pretty tolerant of long-winded writing, but I bailed a quarter of the way through.

It's cute that he thought that would be well-received and on Reddit of all places. "OH, you guys were totally platonic until after the engagement was off? Well, never mind this entire sub-Reddit then, mazel tov to the happy couple!!"

The folksy use of "you guys" over and over was hilarious, is this guy new to the internet or what? 

As for Blake pretending he's done with reality TV, I don't buy it. Nothing like doing interviews, podcasts, magazine articles to say you're hoping to find love in a private setting.

Edited by ljenkins782
  • Love 6
45 minutes ago, DEL901 said:

That's ... quite something. I wonder if they would still have met if it hadn't been for Hannah's Bachelorette stint and the ensuing Jed debacle.

ETA: Family gatherings must be really awkward with everyone knowing that Hannah and Haley had slept with the same guy.

Edited by chocolatine
  • Love 4
13 hours ago, chocolatine said:

That's ... quite something. I wonder if they would still have met if it hadn't been for Hannah's Bachelorette stint and the ensuing Jed debacle.

ETA: Family gatherings must be really awkward with everyone knowing that Hannah and Haley had slept with the same guy.

Look, just because Hannah is from Alaba--.... oh, you mean Jed.

ETA:  Is Jed's sister dating Peter Weber yet?

Edited by phlebas
  • LOL 5
10 hours ago, Kerri Johnson said:

Has any mainstream media picked up on the Joe abuse allegations?

Makes me sick that everyone loves Joe and the show hid did everything to protect him. 

Where are are seeing this?   There are a lot of stories regarding his family and their lawbreaking. 

13 hours ago, JenE4 said:

Brandon did not throw the ring! He threw…Welch’s fruit snacks?!? Apparently we gave him too much credit for acting like he’s 17—more like 7 needing his fruit snackies in his pocket at all times!

https://apple.news/AOa3EZ_sySq-wMzgHLYR3hg

At least he kept his wits about him.  Though I'd be surprised if he'd still had it -- I imagine Neil Lane would have repossessed it as soon as he walked off the Rejection Platform.

• LOL 1
  • Love 3
On 12/26/2021 at 8:10 AM, DEL901 said:

Where are are seeing this?   There are a lot of stories regarding his family and their lawbreaking. 

If damaging allegations like this are going to be made, you better come with some strong proof. Michelle knew enough about Joe to DM him, yet this pretty big thing never came up? She and Nayte are also still hanging out with him in Minn. I understand why decent people aren't touching such a rumor. Why attempt to destroy a man's life and not present any evidence that what you're saying is true?

• Love 7
3 hours ago, comosedice said:

If damaging allegations like this are going to be made, you better come with some strong proof. Michelle knew enough about Joe to DM him, yet this pretty big thing never came up? She and Nayte are also still hanging out with him in Minn. I understand why decent people aren't touching such a rumor. Why attempt to destroy a man's life and not present any evidence that what you're saying is true?

I think/thought the original poster was referring to Grocery Store Joe.  His family’s brushes with the law are public record.    If the reference was to Michelle’s Joe, I agree 100%.  

Edited by DEL901
  • Love 4
On 12/25/2021 at 7:45 PM, Kerri Johnson said:

Has any mainstream media picked up on the Joe abuse allegations?

Makes me sick that everyone loves Joe and the show hid did everything to protect him. 

It has been finally posted on Reddit

"I am not including anything graphic or specific in this post, but regardless, I want to make sure that I warn everyone that this is a post about sexual assault.

I went to the University of Minnesota at the same time as Joe Coleman. I've kind of heard everything there is to hear about Joe at this point, since he was announced in the cast for Michelle's season, but I'm only going to share my direct experience from attending college at the same time as him (2012 and 2013). I think other people have shared other stories here about him on other issues, but I'm just going to share my own.

I used to go to basketball parties at this apartment building called the Knoll where a lot of players lived, Joe was a big heartthrob locally (has been since I was in high school), so we would all get excited to go there in case he was there. We all had a crush on Joe. But really quickly it became obvious that he was not a safe guy to be around - luckily nothing ever happened to me, but one night a girl I was with came out from a back bedroom and told me that she had been sexually assaulted by him while we were at the apartment, and there was another girl there who was comforting her by saying that Joe had done the same thing to her before. I felt guilty and horrible because we had been given warnings about Joe before and this still ended up happening to her. When we had first started going to the parties, girls who hung out with them regularly would warn us not to go off alone with Joe. I feel really terrible still that we didn't really listen or take it seriously. Joe was just such a big name, and he was so handsome that it felt like everyone completely blew off the seriousness of it.

He left the U shortly after that (I checked his Wikipedia page before posting here to verify that my memory is right about the timing and it was also in 2013 that he left), so I pushed it out of my mind until a few years later when I started connecting with other sexual assault survivors (I have been sexually assaulted also while I was a student) and went to a big protest. There was another sexual assault case happening at the time with the Gopher football players and so a lot of conversation and protesting was happening about athletics in general and the things that had been going on at the U, and Joe's name came up over and over again. Because there was so much change and activism happening at the school at that time, there were multiple local sports reporters who reached out to try to get students to talk about Joe Coleman because they had heard stories themselves, but he had never been reported to police as far as I know, unlike the football players and another basketball player at the same time (Reggie Lynch). Unfortunately they never published anything and I don't know if they ever would now because he's so many years removed from being affiliated with the Gophers. I'm guessing this means either that he was never officially reported or that they couldn't get the records of it.

When Joe's name was announced on the cast, I felt sick seeing his face again and reached out to a couple of Michelle's friends that I knew from school, and they said that they would reach out to her and tell her. I don't know what happened or why nothing has come out. Some others that I know from the U have tried to reach out to reporters and podcasters who cover BN but none of them have ever published anything (which I understand I guess, because it is a big allegation to publish). But it's really been triggering and frustrating to see him all over my TV and it was hard to watch Michelle's season knowing all of this.

I held off from saying anything for a long time because I felt like someone else would say something, but I decided today after talking to the moderators and letting them verify my identity that it was important to try to put this out somewhere so that fans can be aware."

https://newsexpressus.com/news/entertainment-arts/movie-tv-news/bachelorette-college-friend-accuses-joe-coleman-of-sexual-assault/

https://www.reddit.com/r/thebachelor/comments/s2dons/joe_coleman/

https://celebhook.com/joe-coleman-bachelorette-sexual-assault-allegations-who-is-the-accuser/

Finally glad this story is being picked up 

Edited by Kerri Johnson
  • Useful 2
  • Love 1

What is going on with Tayshia?  Did she and the franchise part ways?  

I'm not surprised, if so.  Especially if they're paying Jesse more than they offered her and Kaitlyn for hosting (I don't know if that's true) and I can totally see her being pissed about having to talk about Zac in Michelle's MTA.

But I can't find any details or even confirmation.

• Useful 1
6 hours ago, phlebas said:

What is going on with Tayshia?  Did she and the franchise part ways?  

Why would you think that? Did she say anything on her social media or have there been rumblings on Reddit? I think it's normal not to hear much from her when there's no Bachelorette season airing. Maybe she just wants to relax for a few months after a busy 2021 with two Bachelorette seasons and a breakup.

• Love 1
21 hours ago, chocolatine said:

Why would you think that? Did she say anything on her social media or have there been rumblings on Reddit? I think it's normal not to hear much from her when there's no Bachelorette season airing. Maybe she just wants to relax for a few months after a busy 2021 with two Bachelorette seasons and a breakup.

Grumblings online and suspicious titles of YouTube videos.  And she's off all the podcasts.

That's why I'm asking.

• Useful 4
  • Love 1
4 hours ago, phlebas said:

https://people.com/tv/tayshia-adams-exits-bachelor-nation-podcasts-tia-booth-steps-in/

She's at least stepped away from the mic.  I guess we'll see if she's done with BN as a whole.

Conspiracy Theory I've Seen Online:  She's prepping to be the lead again.

I like Tayshia, so I wouldn't hate that since her season was shortened and so limited in what they could do. But I hope she quit the Bachelorette podcasts to work things out with Zac. They were one of the few couples that seemed to have a genuine connection.

• Love 6

Oh god please no more tia!! And if the rumblings are true that tayshia is out, that makes me sad because it means mire kaitlyn!! Ugh! I adore tayshia and I hope we see more of her . But tia, demi, kaitlynn, etc please no 😂

• Useful 1
  • Love 4
43 minutes ago, Koalagirl said:

I watched it last night. The show was much more fun than I thought it would be. Tyler was really great. I wouldn’t be surprised if this gives his career a huge boost if he wants to get into acting. 

Thanks. I have it recorded but wasn’t sure about watching.  

5 hours ago, Koalagirl said:

I watched it last night. The show was much more fun than I thought it would be. Tyler was really great. I wouldn’t be surprised if this gives his career a huge boost if he wants to get into acting. 

I really enjoyed it.

I think Tyler has a good acting/entertainment career ahead of him.

• Love 5

I was looking up something on the internet and came across this. Just.. wow. She wonders why people are talking about her looks? Give me a break! It looks like two different people. 

I noticed on the Bachelor she looked different, but not as much as in this photo. Maybe it’s just been “Instragrammed” to make her look like a Kardashian. 

https://www.google.com/search?rlz=1C9BKJA_enUS805US805&hl=en-US&sxsrf=APq-WBs6cldt0UpWSi5FCqsYb5sR9A5zpg:1644947925820&q=kaitlyn+bristowe+age&stick=H4sIAAAAAAAAAONgFuLSz9U3qEpKr0zLVuIGsQ2Nk5Nzk4y0-AJSi4rz84IzU1LLEyuLFzGKZidb6Rek5hfkpAIpkJxVYnrqIlaR7MTMkpzKPIWkoszikvzyVAWgMAAlEZBdWgAAAA&sa=X&ved=2ahUKEwip3qrGpIL2AhXBl2oFHQmyAwQQxA16BAgXEA4&biw=1366&bih=909&dpr=2#imgrc=70tGOJGKJ9UeLM

Edited by Sweet-tea
Sorry don’t know how to get the link to show the photos. Can a mod fix?
  • Love 1

Is this the picture you're talking about?

The one on the right is clearly doctored.  She looks like a Tussaud's reject.

I'm long over talking about how she looks different now from how she used to look, but that pic is a graphic design school project.

kaitlyn-bristowe-07.jpg?quality=90&strip

• Love 3

Gosh, Clare is such a mess. I hope she is more careful with this relationship than the last, but she seems to make impetuous, emotional decisions. Odd considering she is 40, not 20. 

Whatever Kaitlin did to her face was unnecessary IMO. She was lovely when she was the bachelorette. 

• Love 8

Clare has too much going for her to act this nutty over men. I hope she can get hold of herself. 

There are some people who go over the edge with plastic surgery, and it seems Kaitlyn is one of those. That picture with the plumped-up lips and waxy skin is a joke. She was unique and cute as all get out with her original face. She didn't need any work. 

I hope that Tayshia does NOT quit her career and throw all her energy into mending things with Zac. I haven't heard she is doing this but I think others war wrong, who say she should.

• Love 8
1 minute ago, Kiss my mutt said:

Oh Lordy, that’s not any better! 

He definitely came across more like an f-boy who wants to have fun and less like someone who wants to settle down with a 40-year-old woman and start having babies immediately.

It's like it never occurred to Clare to look for a man who wants what she wants, she zeroes in on men who are at a different stage in their lives and thinks her "love" will change them.

• Love 6