Type keyword(s) to search

The Bachelorette in the Media

• Start Topic

Damn, Andi throwing Josh under the bus big time. Thing is, much as I dislike her, I believe this probably did happen. How many on here called it that Josh did not seem like the kind of guy who would be perfectly okay finding out that Andi had sex with Nick just days before having sex with him and accepting a proposal. But damn, calling the woman a whore? Good thing I was never impressed with Josh. 

http://www.usmagazine.com/celebrity-news/news/bachelorette-andi-dorfman-josh-murray-called-me-a-whore-w205931

• Love 5

HAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

What an asshole this Andi is (and always has been).  

Who the fuck would want to read her "journal" of her "relationship" with Josh?

And, bitch, if you're looking for sympathy over the fact that your fiance stopped trusting you when he learned you fucked another guy the same week you accepted his proposal, and then lied about it directly to his face?  You're strolling the wrong fame-whore avenue.

And naming your book after Juan Pablo's catchphrase (ess okay) really shows you know how to move on.  You've made more money of Juan Pablo than Juan fucking Pablo has.

Boy, since Playboy stopped including nudes there really isn't much left for washed-up never-was's to try to make themselves marginally relevant again.

• Love 10

I have no idea what Andi hopes to accomplish by publishing her tell all but I guess enough of her "fans" will buy a copy that she'll never have to go back to working 80+ hours a week as a DA.   I still think she's hoping to be the second Mrs. Chris Harrison.

As for Juan Pablo, Nick and Josh, I hope they all take the high road but it sure will to be tough to do so.   

• Love 2

Well I guess you can say Josh has already taken the high road, as the article does have a statement from him where he just says he's sad she decided to characterize him that way and he prays for her to find peace. Okay the praying for her to find peace just made me laugh because I always think when people say that in situations like this, it's really the polite way of telling the person "fuck you..." I'm sure Juan Pablo and Nick will react much like Josh to whatever she writes about them. 

• Love 5
1 hour ago, truthaboutluv said:

Damn, Andi throwing Josh under the bus big time. Thing is, much as I dislike her, I believe this probably did happen. How many on here called it that Josh did not seem like the kind of guy who would be perfectly okay finding out that Andi had sex with Nick just days before having sex with him and accepting a proposal. But damn, calling the woman a whore? Good thing I was never impressed with Josh. 

http://www.usmagazine.com/celebrity-news/news/bachelorette-andi-dorfman-josh-murray-called-me-a-whore-w205931

I don't think I know ANY guys who would be OK with that scenario.  

I never liked Josh, but I was not crazy about Andi either.   But this interview - she's just airing dirty laundry.  She and Josh argued, and she's presenting what HE said, as though she was an innocent victim.  Of course, her side of things is going to portray him as the villain.  Did he call her names?  I bet he did.  but she's giving only one side, so we don't know the context.
When a courtship is all in public, like on the Bachelor/ette show, couples have trouble moving to a more private relationship.  Every couple has arguments or fights - we tell our friends about it, leaving in some things and leaving out others.  But the rest of us don't have PEOPLE magazine to publish our version of things.   I have more respect when couples keep it to "it didn't work out, it was heartbreaking, but I wish him/her the best."   Keep it classy, Andi!

Any guy would be foolish to try to date her after knowing she will eventually write/talk/give interviews about every freakin thing that happens in their relationship.

• Love 3

Well now wait a minute here.   I prefer people NOT keep the details to themselves.  I don't watch these shows to see class and integrity!  I want intimate details, dirt and scandal!  I will read her book if I hear there are some behind the scenes bachelorette stuff.  I doubt it is all about her relationship with Josh, there must be something good in there.  

• Love 13
4 hours ago, wings707 said:

Well now wait a minute here.   I prefer people NOT keep the details to themselves.  I don't watch these shows to see class and integrity!  I want intimate details, dirt and scandal!  I will read her book if I hear there are some behind the scenes bachelorette stuff.  I doubt it is all about her relationship with Josh, there must be something good in there.  

Right?! I'm delighted Andi has written a tell all about it. I certainly won't be buying her book but I hope people post excerpts of it online. ?

• Love 5

Well, I liked both Andi & Josh and I've already pre-bought her book for my Kindle to download on the 17th.  I like gossip and the inside scoop.  I still think she was one of the best Bachelorettes and I still think Josh was a dynamic contestant.  And I'd still love to see him as "Bachelor", but it's way too late. 

I reserve the phrase "Keep it Classy" for people I actually know. I prefer trashy from my C-level celebs.  *LOL*

• Love 4
2 hours ago, leighdear said:

Well, I liked both Andi & Josh and I've already pre-bought her book for my Kindle to download on the 17th.  I like gossip and the inside scoop.  I still think she was one of the best Bachelorettes and I still think Josh was a dynamic contestant.  And I'd still love to see him as "Bachelor", but it's way too late. 

I reserve the phrase "Keep it Classy" for people I actually know. I prefer trashy from my C-level celebs.  *LOL*

Oh, now you have to share the juicy tidbits. Heh. They both have explosive personalities... Who wouldn't expect explosive fights as well?

• Love 1

I can't wait to see the trainwreck either.

For someone who got so angry with Nick for hitting "below the belt" at the ATFR show for discussing their sex life, Andi sure is a hypocrite. If my partner revealed every nasty thing I ever said to him during a fight in our 6-year relationship, there wouldn't be a book big enough.

• Love 9
1 hour ago, thejuicer said:

For someone who got so angry with Nick for hitting "below the belt" at the ATFR show for discussing their sex life, Andi sure is a hypocrite. If my partner revealed every nasty thing I ever said to him during a fight in our 6-year relationship, there wouldn't be a book big enough.

And if she doesn't want people to talk about it, she wouldn't have aired her dirty laundry and published this book. I'm sure Andi wouldn't be opposed to have a couple's sit down with Chris Harrison (I know she already got her solo one but it's not as exciting as the other Bachelor couple). Doubt Josh would entertain her, though.

(edited)

The latest print version of US Weekly (with Prince on the cover) has an interview with Andi about her memoir and besides the Josh stuff, there's a sidebar to the main story called "Fantasy Suite Fails". Apparently, she and Juan Pablo spent their fantasy suite time watching his old soccer highlights on Youtube, he sang along to his iPod playlist ("lots of Ray J and R, Kelly") and he told her about hooking up with one of the other Top 3 a few days earlier. Which, you could probably guess, but still... Also, she discusses Nick's pillow talk and was not impressed with his "Would you rather make love or f---?" question in the midst of the act. Courtney's book was pretty dishy with the sex talk, and she dated other famous non-Bachelor guys, too, so it really raised (or lowered, depending on your POV) the bar for Bachelor Nation tell-alls.

Edited by Dejana
  • Love 3

He does seem like a jealous meathead, but Andi isn't exactly saying what she called him when they were arguing. I guess in another part of the book she admits to sleeping with him after breaking up, so it wasn't like she was that turned off.

But I agree with others, they were both great characters. I will be watching his stupid show on E! 

• Love 1

I'll never understand the Nick attraction.  Now that his shadow has wrecked Josh and Andi, I'm wondering if the same specter will start to haunt Shawn. 

So we're going to have JoJo's  Bachelorette next?   I was hoping for Bachelor in Paradise first.

It’s always gone in that order. The Bachelorette starts next Monday, May 23rd. BIP starts filming sometime in June, with the premiere date set for August 2nd.

• Love 1
On 5/11/2016 at 0:13 PM, backformore said:

I don't think I know ANY guys who would be OK with that scenario.  

Shawn was able handle Kaitlin sleeping with Nick. Lauren moved past Ben having sex with 2 others.  And there are probably others we don't know about.  They barely know each other when the show wraps and to place demands on their faithfulness before they are even a couple is unreasonable.  I get having feelings about it but to act out and shame the other is not mature.  It is insecure and controlling behavior. 

• Love 3
(edited)

Now that his shadow has wrecked Josh and Andi,

Nick didn't wreck Josh and Andi - they did it to themselves. Whether or not Nick and Andi had slept together, I personally believe those two would have still imploded. As someone noted above, they were two hot heads, both arrogant and liked to have things their way. That was always going to be difficult. The red flags were there during the season in my opinion. I remember Sharleen in her recaps talking about how so many of Andi and Josh's dates seemed like they were battling for dominance. I said it back then that those two would either implode quickly or last but have a tumultuous relationship. Yeah maybe the sex with Nick hurried things along but I think their relationship would have still had the same end even if the sex hadn't happened.

Edited by truthaboutluv
  • Love 7
18 minutes ago, wings707 said:

Shawn was able handle Kaitlin sleeping with Nick. Lauren moved past Ben having sex with 2 others.  And there are probably others we don't know about.  They barely know each other when the show wraps and to place demands on their faithfulness before they are even a couple is unreasonable.  I get having feelings about it but to act out and shame the other is not mature.  It is insecure and controlling behavior. 

But Josh didn't shame Andi.  She is reporting that they had an argument about it and he called her a name.  Andi is not saying anything about what she may have said to Josh, she's the one telling the story, so of course she's going to paint him as the bad guy.    He proposed not knowing she had just had sex with Nick, she kept that from him knowing that it would make a difference.  Andi didn't think it was fair for Nick to reveal personal things about their relationship, but ANDI is the one going to the media now and revealing details of her personal relationship with Josh.   Josh is being more mature, so far he is not talking about it. IF anyone is being insecure and controlling, I think Andi fits that description. 

• Love 5
38 minutes ago, backformore said:

But Josh didn't shame Andi.  She is reporting that they had an argument about it and he called her a name.  Andi is not saying anything about what she may have said to Josh, she's the one telling the story, so of course she's going to paint him as the bad guy.    He proposed not knowing she had just had sex with Nick, she kept that from him knowing that it would make a difference.  Andi didn't think it was fair for Nick to reveal personal things about their relationship, but ANDI is the one going to the media now and revealing details of her personal relationship with Josh.   Josh is being more mature, so far he is not talking about it. IF anyone is being insecure and controlling, I think Andi fits that description. 

I don't like either of them and have only read the few snippets that are out.  I read that he never got over her sleeping with Nick and brought it up in fights.  And called her a whore (that is shaming).  

This is just a big she said, he said situation.  There are two sides, of course.  I am not that interested.  

• Love 1

This is just a big she said, he said situation.  There are two sides, of course.  I am not that interested.

Ok , I guess I didn't articulate my point well.  It's not a he said, she said situation, because only SHE is saying anything.     She's going to the media painting him as the villain.  He is saying only that he wishes her well.

• Love 2

Josh asked Andi point blank whether she slept with Nick.

She lied to his face.

Knowing the whole thing was on tape! (and I'm not talking about the FS night, I'm talking about the "day after" when she met with Nick one-on-one and he all but blurted out "what about the sex last night".

I stand by my assertion that this bitch hasn't done any courtroom litigation in her fucking fame-whored life.  (oooh, Andi, are you reading this?  Maybe you can add this post in the Afterward of your paperback version about what a victim you are).

I'm not a Josh defender because he's a typical jock who uses women disposably.  But Andi knew that about him.  She admitted that that was the type of guy she'd always been attracted to.

And the whole raison d'être of her season was that she has CLASS, not like that vile Juan Pablo.

Fuck you Andi.  And the Famewhor(s)e you rode in on.

Otherwise, I'm really looking forward to JoJo's season, because those guys seem crazy!

• Love 10

I started reading Andi's book on the Kindle, and OMG is it terrible! It's all navel-gazing and self-pity without taking even the tiniest bit of responsibility for anything. She even claims that what she went through was worse than a loved one's death! And she has that self-congratulatory, "aren't I clever" writing style that I despise. I probably won't waste my time reading any more of it and return it for a refund. I can't believe Simon & Shuster published this dreck.

• Love 9
53 minutes ago, Alapaki said:

It's her pathetic attempt to keep her fame-whoredom going.

It seems limitless. Like worse than Sean, and that's pretty bad. She can make fun of Juan Pablo all she wants but she needs to accept the fact that Juan can't begin to touch her shamelessness. 

1 minute ago, waving feather said:

It seems limitless. Like worse than Sean, and that's pretty bad. She can make fun of Juan Pablo all she wants but she needs to accept the fact that Juan can't begin to touch her shamelessness. 

Indeed.  And for as disgusting as Juan Pablo was in some respects, I still maintain that his approach to the show (especially as a single father) was 100% appropriate.  Fleiss & Co. would never forgive him for refusing to sing their tune of "I know my wife's in that room", and Andi wouldn't have gotten a second thought as Bachelorette if she didn't give them just more bullshit-self-righteous ammunition to shit on JP with. (did I mix enough metaphors there?  the topic of the Dorfman gets me somewhat exercised.)

• Love 2
(edited)

So I have zero interest or desire to read Andi's book but I was curious what some of Bachelor Nation's response was to it and yeah let's just say she's not winning any fans. But what truly stood out to me, was some of the parts highlighted by some people. Most notable, at some point she mentions Nick finding her G-Spot (no I don't know the full context). 

So wait, let me see if I get this straight. I had to read for months and hell even now what a classless, creepy and all around awful human being Nick was for merely saying, "if you felt this way, why did you make love to me?" Because gentlemen don't kiss and tell ever and how low of him, the evil bastard. And yet our Andi feels the need to tell the world about him hitting her G-Spot and whatever other specifics of their having sex? Really...no again, really? Okay then. Keep it classy girl, keep it classy.

eta: Oh and it gets better. So remember how a few months after Josh and Andi broke up, there were pictures of her and Nick at the same bar? Well, she writes about that and apparently, even after calling him an asshole and still insisting how he ruined her relationship with Josh (no words really...) she agreed to go back to his place so they could talk about everything that happened (she insists it was a coincidence they ended up at the same bar). For whatever reason, this nutjob felt the need to put in her book that in the long awkward elevator ride up to his apartment, the thought that she would probably sleep with him again went through her mind. So yes, the asshole who ruined her relationship and was oh so classless - she totally considered fucking him again. 

Edited by truthaboutluv
  • Love 7

Caligirl that was fantastic.  My favorite line: "Then, one night, Sarah didn’t give me a rose. She took me aside to tell me how much I meant to her, but that she had to let me go. I was so relieved that I cried."

• Love 4

Hilarious article! My favorite was:

'The limo contained around twenty other men, all dressed really well, and all very buff, with handsome faces. They kept saying things like “She’s so pretty,” and “I wonder who she’ll choose tonight.” I was confused. Maybe I’d been set up on a group date? Maybe this was a very trendy Uber Pool?'

• Love 6

Between this article and the Previous TV main page recaps, I have been laughing out loud all day.  I had to wipe my eyes a couple of times I was laughing so hard.  It’s just fantastic. 

And of course, this:

"I was kept on for weeks. Eventually, I befriended a man named Chris E., who told me that his real name was Phil. Phil advised me to keep a low profile—that I was lucky I’d somehow made it this far without having my memory erased. Phil also said that, from what he’d been able to figure out, we were on a reality show called “The Bachelorette,” and that we had been picked to help Sarah find true love. “But that’s not how you find true love,” I said. Phil put his hand over my mouth. “Don’t let them hear you say that,” he whispered.

“I have kids,” Phil once told me, “kids I haven’t seen in years. The announcer always just calls me the ‘single father’ bachelor. I usually make it pretty far and then get brought back for the next season with a new haircut and a new name. Please, if you get out of here, tell my kids I miss them.”"

Too bad the show isn’t as funny as what is written about it.  This is too good.

• Love 5
On May 24, 2016 at 5:18 PM, caligirl50 said:

http://www.newyorker.com/humor/daily-shouts/the-bachelorette-happened-to-me

"I asked one of the cameramen what the hell was going on, and he told me that it was time for my “confessional.” He sat me down and asked what I thought of Sarah so far. I said she was very pretty, but that I was scared and wanted to go home."

THIS IS AMAZING.

This is one of the funniest things I've ever read.  I was laughing so hard I was crying.  Eli is an excellent writer who clearly gets these shows.  

• Love 5
6 hours ago, crgirl412 said:

This is one of the funniest things I've ever read.  I was laughing so hard I was crying.  Eli is an excellent writer who clearly gets these shows.  

I just realized that his concept of the guys all being kidnapped for the show would explain why their suits  don't fit.

• Love 7