Type keyword(s) to search

The Bachelorette in the Media

• Start Topic

Geesh, Sam Hunt is a huge star. What's up with that? Although the article suggests it was a "one-nighter." Got a laugh out of Andi's quote that now everything can BE ABOUT HER. Like when was it not? Oh ... maybe when it was about Josh and HIS family? Or just Josh?

• Love 2

Geesh, Sam Hunt is a huge star. What's up with that? Although the article suggests it was a "one-nighter." Got a laugh out of Andi's quote that now everything can BE ABOUT HER. Like when was it not? Oh ... maybe when it was about Josh and HIS family? Or just Josh?

I know a it should be about love and people being right for each other, but I have to admit my first thought was, "Hang on, Andi!" Mostly to imagine all the seething and envy it would inspire among so many Bachelor Nation wannabes, if this thing got as far as marriage. Think of all the country award show red carpets she'd get to walk, with prime seats as the camera pans to her laughing it up during the Brad and Carrie monologue, engagement publicity, a whole segment on the Atlanta version of Say Yes to the Dress, the wedding pic spread in People Country... Honestly, it's more like the fate I pictured for Emily, before she married that guy.

• Love 1

ACK! When did Emily get married? I'm so behind. What you describe, Dejana, sort of sounds like Jake Pavelka when he was dating Kristin Chenoweth. Don't know if that's still on or not. Off topic, but does anyone know if Jake is still a pilot or what he is doing now?

a whole segment on the Atlanta version of Say Yes to the Dress

Andi lives in NYC now, according to that link. Not that she couldn't move back. What you describe is fun to imagine, although extremely difficult to ever think it could happen, given the look TPTB gave us of Andi. Although we can interpret her edit any way we like, I guess.

ACK! When did Emily get married? I'm so behind. What you describe, Dejana, sort of sounds like Jake Pavelka when he was dating Kristin Chenoweth. Don't know if that's still on or not. Off topic, but does anyone know if Jake is still a pilot or what he is doing now?

Andi lives in NYC now, according to that link. Not that she couldn't move back. What you describe is fun to imagine, although extremely difficult to ever think it could happen, given the look TPTB gave us of Andi. Although we can interpret her edit any way we like, I guess.

Oh, I'd blocked that out of my memory. What was Kristin thinking? They didn't last very long; the breakup happened in early 2013. In looking at his Twitter feed he  seems to be involved with various charity events and CrossFit.

I figured Andi would try to be one of those go-to legal experts for an entertainment show, though she doesn't have a ton of on-the-job experience. Even if that doesn't work out, I guess it's easier to be a Z-list celebrity in NY/LA in terms of opportunity, if not cost of living.

• Love 1

Off topic, but does anyone know if Jake is still a pilot or what he is doing now?

Jake is still employed as a pilot, based in Dallas, TX. He still flies with the same airline as my hubby. He was trying to start up a limo service, or the like, in the Dallas area, too. Not sure if he's still pursuing that, though. 

• Love 1

I hope, really hope, that Andi isn't calling her "book what it says above, "It's Not Okay".  Juan Pablo wasn't a native English speaker (no less articulate than Chris Soules, imo, though) and I wasn't as offended by him saying "It's okay (the way you feel even though you're dissing me on camera)". He didn't get angry, like Andi did when Nick was upset with her and (much more gently, imo) told her his feelings. She was rude, cold and dismissive even though she led him on after he asked her not to go to the FS if she really wasn't interested.

But "it's okay" for her to keep mocking Juan Pablo (along with Chris Harrison doing it with Jimmy Kimmel even on the Chris-Whitney ATFR). If someone kept mocking Andi, I'm positive she wouldn't be "okay" with it.

She was a good bachelorette in ways that Kaitlyn isn't but I really dislike her.

• Love 12

I completely agree, Padma. Also, although I'm disgusted but completely unsurprised that she would write a tell-all whine-fest, I find it odd that she would go back to the Juan Pablo well when she's been 'victimized' worse by multiple other guys since then.

• Love 1

Oh I'm sure it will have at least a couple of chapters on Nick being "classless" and Josh being a momma's boy. They just didn't use any catchphrases she could mock and exploit.

• Love 2

I'd be willing to bet that under the title It is not Okay.... will be the words "to be mean to me" or "to question me" or "to treat me in any other way than as the pretty princess I am" in smaller print. Or maybe those are just the chapter titles.

• Love 3

Kaitlyn is scheduled to be on GMA this coming week. I don't know which day, and I am not able to watch that program. If someone sees it, would you be so kind as to recap it for us here, please? And thank you.

Kaitlyn is getting a lot of play and her season isn't even over, Celeb Fam Feud and now GMA.

I'm guessing it's going to be after Monday's episode and the big "pre-FS sex" that was spoiled in the season promo. The promo for this week's episode suggests that's when it's happening. Personally the fact that they've already lined up the interview means this is clearly going to be edited in such a way that Kaitlyn looks very bad and will bring up the whole "slut shaming" debate. And I'm sure the producers will love it because more media coverage and attention. Who cares if it means framing Kailtyn as some slut. 

I don't feel too bad for Chris missing out on Celeb Family Feud. After all, I'm willing to wager that afte rhe finishes "Worst Cooks in America" Chris will find his way onto at least two more reality shows. I doubt we'll be rid of him on television or internet news sites any time soon.

Yep.  And we will not see him return to farming.  That is his father's farm and he is key in the operation but it is not his love; it is his dad's baby.  I don't think he will get very far in a media career but he will find something that is not in Arlington.  

The funniest thing about Chris is that he just did an interview a week or so ago and he was asked about this season of The Bachelorette and especially Nick returning on the show and he states that Nick is okay but kind of a strange guy but, (and this is where it gets hilarious), "to come back on the show, you have to wonder if he's just desperate to be on television and his 15 minutes of fame." This from the guy who went on to be The Bachelor after his season on The Bachelorette, the thing he accused Nick of angling for, then immediately went on DWTS and now is gong on some cooking reality show. It's like pot meet kettle. 

• Love 11

Beat me to it chocolatine. The show on ABC like GMA and I'm sure it's been discussed to not bring up the Snapchat stuff because they have to play along with the idea that no one really knows what's going to happen. So just like Kaitlyn's blog for People Magazine completely ignored it, this interview will as well and will only focus on what happens in the episode on Monday night. 

The funniest thing about Chris is that he just did an interview a week or so ago and he was asked about this season of The Bachelorette and especially Nick returning on the show and he states that Nick is okay but kind of a strange guy but, (and this is where it gets hilarious), "to come back on the show, you have to wonder if he's just desperate to be on television and his 15 minutes of fame."

I definitely agree with the pot-kettle thing here, but to play devil's advocate, is it possible that he meant it in the sense of  is it worth being on The Bachelorette again, where you're competing and risking humiliation yet again?

The funniest thing about Chris is that he just did an interview a week or so ago and he was asked about this season of The Bachelorette and especially Nick returning on the show and he states that Nick is okay but kind of a strange guy but, (and this is where it gets hilarious), "to come back on the show, you have to wonder if he's just desperate to be on television and his 15 minutes of fame." This from the guy who went on to be The Bachelor after his season on The Bachelorette, the thing he accused Nick of angling for, then immediately went on DWTS and now is gong on some cooking reality show. It's like pot meet kettle. 

I think Chris' situation is a bit different.  Chris has been on his original Bachelorette and then was chosen to be the Bachelor. which he agreed to do.

Nick has his original Bachelorette and then has done other of the Bachelor/Bachelorette iterations without being chosen as a Bachelor.  He is definitely B or C list in the organizational hierarchy.  No one is clamoring for his return, where they pretty much did for Chris (for better or for worse).

• Love 1

The point is I think it is a little disingenuous to call someone out on just wanting to be on television or wanting their 15 minutes (even if it is true) when you yourself have done multiple reality shows. Yes, Chris was the Bachelor, not another contestant again but then he didn't have to do DWTS right after and now it's not even six months after DWTS and he's found himself on another reality show. I'm sure he has himself some Hollywood agent to get him these gigs. That's definitely someone who is interested in staying on television. '

While some may not have liked Nick, controversy, as they say sells and right after Andi's season, his name was all over the place because of the fantasy suite bombshell. I'm sure if he really was just absolutely desperate to stay on television, he could have found some sleazy agent or something that could have rangle some public opportunities for him. Instead, he did a day of media organized by the franchise and went back to Chicago and his life. Now don't get me wrong, I do think it's pathetic he came back on the show for Kaitlyn's season but again, I just think it is disingenuous for someone who has jumped on every opportunity to stay in the limelight since coming on the show, is calling someone else out on that.  

• Love 5
(edited)

Just watched the interview on GMA, and it was not too interesting. Nothing about the snapchat. Softball, expected questions and answers (answers which, IMO, just point out how weird and unnatural this show is):

Question:  Any regrets in sharing that very personal detail about your evening?

Answer: I think everybody knows by now that I'm a very 'in the moment person'. In that moment, I felt like I wanted to be open and honest and share that.

Question: Of course, everyone on social media wants to share their feelings. How has that been for you?

Answer: I try to not look too much into it or read too much into it because everybody has their opinions no matter what I did this season. Obviously it's tough when you get to 1000's of messages and many are negative but I just try to avoid it.

Question: Let's get to the episode. It was very explosive. What happened behind the scenes with Ian?

Answer: I think Ian's ego was a little bruised. According to Ian it is not difficult for him to get women. I was just thinking last night that I don't know if he took chemistry at Princeton, but he failed because there was none there; that was the problem.

Question: Regarding Nick, do you have any regrets for having been so intimate?

Answer:Again, I am a very in the moment person, and I tried to separate each relationship. They all moved but at different paces, and that one definitely moved a little bit quicker than others. Maybe the timing wasn't ideal on that one. Question: why do you say that? Answer: I always wonder if I would have waited ten days and it was the fantasy suite and I didn't talk about it, would I be getting the same sort of response from people? Probably not. I don't know--maybe the timing--I worried about jeopardizing other relationships.

Question: You call yourself the makeout bandit. It seems to bother guys, especially Shawn.

Answer: I don't know if they forget what show they're on. Every season I feel like it's the same thing--oh they're making out with so many people. Well, that's how you establish if there's a connection or chemistry. I understand that it's difficult but it's gonna happen. (from questioner: a little role reversal).

That was it. 

Edited by RobC1116
  • Love 2
I was just thinking last night that I don't know if he took chemistry at Princeton, but he failed because there was none there

Oh yay, another unfunny Kaitlyn "joke"!

• Love 7
Question: You call yourself the makeout bandit. It seems to bother guys, especially Shawn.

Answer: I don't know if they forget what show they're on. Every season I feel like it's the same thing--oh they're making out with so many people. Well, that's how you establish if there's a connection or chemistry. I understand that it's difficult but it's gonna happen. (from questioner: a little role reversal).

Ok, I've been out of the dating scene for a looong time.  But for me, I always preferred the emotional intimacy to come first, before the physical.   I got to know a guy in order to know if I felt like making out with him, I didn't make out first to decide if I wanted to get to know him.  

(Then again, I DID go to Catholic school, so either way it's a sin)

• Love 6
(edited)

Ok, I've been out of the dating scene for a looong time.  But for me, I always preferred the emotional intimacy to come first, before the physical.   I got to know a guy in order to know if I felt like making out with him, I didn't make out first to decide if I wanted to get to know him.  

Objectively I agree and I am the same way in my personal life (oh and fellow Catholic school graduate and mine was all girls) but that being said, that's why I know I would never go on The Bachelor.  I mean okay I wouldn't go on any reality show as I'm deeply introverted but the point is, and I think Kaitlyn is right in saying that, that it isn't new. This show has been on since 2001 (wow that's scary to realize)  and it is what it is. The lead is essentially dating a lot of people and will make out with many of these people. I honestly found Shawn a little creepy in his intensity last night. She gave a group date rose to someone else and he has that kind of freak out? That's why I have to wonder if there was more going on. 

Edited by truthaboutluv
  • Love 4
(edited)

Have we seen any of these "Let me make excuses" interviews half-way through anybody's season before? 

No, but this particular edition of TB has been such a cluster that I'm surprised Fleiss himself hasn't tried to go on a redemption tour.

This could be a hard sell, no matter who the next poor soul is.  

Do we have numbers on last night's ep yet, along with the delta against the previous week(s)?

ETA:  Answered my own question:  On ABC, The Bachelorette scored a 1.9, up 6 percent from last week's 1.8 adults 18-49 rating. The Whispers notched a 1.0, up 11 percent from last week's 0.9 adults 18-49 rating.  Not overwhelming but, sadly, a slight tick upward.

http://tvbythenumbers.zap2it.com/2015/06/22/tv-ratings-monday-the-bachelorette-the-whispers-rise-american-ninja-warrior-so-you-think-you-can-dance-down-the-island-flat/421022/

Edited by b2H
  • Love 1

Oh yay, another unfunny Kaitlyn "joke"!

Ian more than deserved a bad joke.  

And you would have preferred not to have to make a 'lifetime' decision involving a few people within only a few weeks and some very brief time at best.

(edited)

The article Alison linked to perfectly states how I think many are feeling (me included):

Plenty of women date and sleep with multiple men at a time while trying to find a good match.

The only thing Kaitlyn keeps forgetting is that this isn’t real life, and sleeping with Nick while she’s dating EIGHT OF HIS ROOMMATES, one of whom she hopes to marry, on national television, is kind of boneheaded.

Edited by ByTor
  • Love 3

I am confused. Kaitlyn said that she is "not ashamed" of what happened with Nick, so why did she tell her family not to watch the episode?

I think not being ashamed of sleeping with someone AND not wanting your family to watch/listen to you actually doing it are not mutually exclusive, so I can't fault her there. 

But given she's on a show that features a "fantasy suite" where the unspoken expectation is that she might sleep with up to 3 guys, the idea of discretion is kinda moot anyway. 

was this already posted?:

http://www.examiner.com/article/britt-nilsson-brady-toops-split-why-did-the-bachelorette-lovebirds-break-up

According to the article, they broke up a long time ago but were keeping up appearances. Why they decided to drop the charade now is not clear, but I would guess that a lack of viewer interest might be altering the show's plans on continuing to include them in the season and they decided there's no point in keeping the story going if it's not going to be on the show. 

Kaitlyn's snapchat message after Ian left. It's oldish news but I just saw it yesterday.

“Somebody bake Ian a humble pie. I mean, that guy. 'Ooo, I go to Princeton. I'm so intelligent. I'm so well spoken. You're so shallow, Kaitlyn — but my ex-girlfriend is way hotter than you,’” the Season 11 Bachelorette joked in her video “recap" to fans before going on to say, “I don't feel sorry for Ian because he's probably going to be the next Bachelor. Actually, they should do two Bachelors! Ian and Tony!”

“I’m not going to touch on the next subject because it's all I've been talking about all day today,” she continued on the topic of the next Bachelor, getting more serious. “I understand how some people don't understand, but this is my journey, yo. I totally get why Shawn was feeling the way that he did because he's a passionate guy,” she added. "He's got a big heart. And it's hard. I've been there. The wake date, that was supposed to be like a cultural, Irish beautiful way of celebrating life. It was not supposed to be somber. It's supposed to be happy. When picking dates, it's not always just me being like, 'This is what I want to do.' It's a collaboration of producers' ideas and if I'm okay with it. Really the whole point was I just respect the way that the Irish celebrate life and say meaningful things that maybe they didn't get a chance to say,” she explained.

“I am going to leave on a note where I just want to say I appreciate everybody who supports me,” she concluded her Snapchat. "And for the haters, Taylor Swift said it best when she said, 'I'm just gonna shake, shake, shake. Shake it off.' My only message is, do you, bro.”

• Love 1
(edited)

According to the article, they [eta: Britt and Brady] broke up a long time ago but were keeping up appearances. Why they decided to drop the charade now is not clear, but I would guess that a lack of viewer interest might be altering the show's plans on continuing to include them in the season and they decided there's no point in keeping the story going if it's not going to be on the show. 

Or maybe B&B, like most of the bachelors this season, just don't feel like being part of this mess any longer than they have to?

Edited by MakeMeLaugh
  • Love 1

According to RS Britt was offered BIP and turned it down. She has a new job at an organization that Brady is involved with. They seem to still at least be friends if nothing else.

• Love 2

"Do you, bro".    Is she 12?

Still team Ian, warts and all.   Don't care if he's a poop/fart frowner, or an obnoxious dick.   Kaitlyn is insufferable, yo.

• Love 4

"Do you, bro".    Is she 12?

Still team Ian, warts and all.   Don't care if he's a poop/fart frowner, or an obnoxious dick.   Kaitlyn is insufferable, yo.

It's HER journey, yo!  Seriously, I'm old, do people really speak this way?

It's HER journey, yo!  Seriously, I'm old, do people really speak this way?

The people I know who speak this way are in high  school or college. Our girl Kait just turned 30.

• Love 1

So, Sharleen's column in Flare this week gives some interesting tidbits - mainly how she thinks it all went down with Kaitlyn visiting Shawn on the sly, and the change up in the fantasy dates and hometown dates. Nothing spoilery, Sharleen doesn't KNOW anything for certain, just what she think happened and how TPTB are not happy with Kaitlyn. 

• Love 1
(edited)

First of all, let me make clear that there is NO WAY Kaitlyn was permitted to visit Shawn and Ben H.’s room off-camera. Zero percent. They don’t want anything off-camera.

So, you’re telling me they allowed Kaitlyn to visit the guys’ room off-camera? Forget about it. There’s just too much potential for relationship development without a camera to capture it.

Quotes from Sharleens blog.

Chris and Britt spent a significant amount of time behind closed doors, with no cameras, so obviously things have changed in the last 3 seasons since she was on the show.

Edited by leighdear