Type keyword(s) to search

The Bachelorette in the Media

• Start Topic

The pictures in US were gorgeous. A glass chapel, very rustic and natural setting. There was a photo with them with the Bachelor alums Brooks, Ali, Jason & Molly, Michael Garofola, and Zak Waddell. Renee Oteri was invited but couldn't go because she just had a baby.

• Love 1

Out of curiosity.....since Fleiss/ABC asks the contractee to film their wedding for television if it happens within 2 years how did they get out of it?  I believe it's been less than 2 but I could be wrong.  Does anyone know the engagement date and when they actually got married?  Was it over 2 years?

Out of curiosity.....since Fleiss/ABC asks the contractee to film their wedding for television if it happens within 2 years how did they get out of it?  I believe it's been less than 2 but I could be wrong.  Does anyone know the engagement date and when they actually got married?  Was it over 2 years?

I assume you're talking about Desiree and Chris? Well if you believe the rumors and gossip, they didn't have to get out of the contract because ABC/Fleiss were the ones who opted out of giving them a televised wedding. 

• Love 1

Interesting!  You'd think with the lousy record of this show they'd want to exploit ALL couples who make it to the altar no matter how boring they are.  With every one of these couples who actually married the ratings were through the roof.  I don't see why Chris and Des would be different.  There has to be a different reason they were not asked and/or refused to have their nuptials televised.

Damn it! I was worried that might happen when a strong Bachelorette candidate didn't emerge from Chris's crowd. She'll probably pull the "last time I went with my usual type and it didn't work out, so now I'll pick another type for realz!" line. And half the guys will be a Josh type and the other half a Nick type. And Fleiss would tease that the real Nick might come back to compete for her, whether or not that's true. Ugh.

If they have to bring a former Bachelorette back, I'd much rather it be Jillian Harris.

• Love 2

Andi again?  That would be crazy.  She convinced herself she loved Juan Pablo, then she convinced Nick she loved him, got engaged to Josh, and broke that off. Does she need to be in love again so quickly?  Sometimes taking a break between falling in love is a good idea.  You know, focus on her CAREER for a bit. 

I'm not sure how much I trust that site.  It also says Josh is mad because, had Andi not picked him, he would have been the next Bachelor.  

I don't see this being true though it would be hilarious. The article did claim it came from a source at E! which gave me pause but when I click on that line, it just takes me to a nonexistent page on the site itself, so I'm not buying that this came from anything but Hollywood Life. Still, I know Andi is obnoxious and seems to lack any self awareness but I can't imagine even she would be stupid enough to think this is a good idea or hell, that anyone wants to see her again. And I certainly don't buy the show producers thinking that either. Woman was skewered online when news of her and Josh breaking up came out, especially with their over the top behavior just three days before the announcement. I think people are more than over Andi.

I know this forum is fairly anonymous.

But if that rumor is true, and you hear about someone who committed suicide in the most gruesome way, and scrawled "STAAAAAAHHPP!!!!!" in his own blood on the wall, Helter Skelter style, just know that it'll be me.  Please save my posts for evidence in a negligent homicide case against Fleiss.

After the big "premiere" night for this current season, I'm convinced that Fleiss & Co. aren't even bothering to try to pretend that anyone should take this show seriously.  And given that Andi is such a grade-A famewhore lapdog, I can absolutely see this happening.

• Love 5

Oh, good grief. I'd rather see almost anyone else come back. As in, "whatever happened to Vienna?" almost anyone else. As in, "so who cares if Deanna's happily married now?" almost anyone else. Or "hey, let's pick a random drunk girl cut on the first night" almost anyone else.

• Love 6

Andi was awful, why would they think she's a candidate to go again. She was a female Juan Pablo. 

They could bring back Nikki!

Anybody. But. Andi.

Seriously, I would like to watch this show again. Andi would make that impossible.

• Love 2

Hell no to Grumpy Cat: The Sequel, bless her heart (isn't that what they say in the South?).

Better to pick a night 1 reject and build an interesting story. Cadaver tissue sales rep has more potential than Andi again.

• Love 2

I think they threw Andi in the mix the same way they threw Arie in for this cycle.  Conversational fodder only.  They want spirited and furious social media action.

They've already made their decision, and no way it will be Andi again.  Or Clare. Or Nikki. 

• Love 1

And here I thought that there were no bigger famewhore B'ettes than DeAnna, Trista, Ali and Emily. My Gawd Andi is desperate. I would be anything she's behind this leak. Anything to stay in the spotlight, right? But there is no way in hell Fleiss is dumb enough to give her the opportunity. People really turned on her after watching her be a cold bitch to Nick and the final nail in the coffin was her acting at the live premiere only to announce the breakup 3 days later. Nice try, Andi but the bloom is off the rose.

Edited by FireFoxy
  • Love 1

I would bet a lot that it will most definitely not be Kelsey. Yes she is getting a lot of screentime because the season's designated "villain" and "nutcase". Chris Harrison apparently all but blasted her for being manipulative and fake in his weekly episode blog. Not exactly the type of things you'd expect said about someone they're planning to make the next Bachelorette.

Ok, seriously?  They're considering Andi for another go-around as Bachelorette?  I mean, granted there aren't really any obvious options among the current Bachelor crew, but still.

http://hollywoodlife.com/2015/02/04/the-bachelorette-andi-dorfman-season-11-returning/

I don't want to quote myself, but I'll quote myself:

NEVER believe any of these "insiders" or "sources." There's NO WAY anyone on the "inside" would put Juelia [sic] in the top 5.

I was referring to another planted story that said the same thing. NEVER let these "rumors" get you all worked up!! Unless/until RS says there's some truth to it, just think of them as fanfic.

ETA: bolded and capitalized. That's how serious I am about protecting you guys from undue stress and outrage.

Edited by Bugs Meany
  • Love 2

Do you have a link? I couldn't find anything about it online. I know there were rumors about them just because they were both in LA at the same time but I thought that was a stretch because we now know Andi was there to film her interview with Chris Harrison and Nick was hanging out with JJ, who he got close to during Andi's season. And there was no indication that they saw or had any contact with each other at that time. 

Edited by truthaboutluv

Well it's not like they're announcing something tabloid trashy like that. They just claim they had secret date night. The pictures don't lie, it's them at a bar in Chicago. The article names the bar and probably who ever took the photos is the source and witnesses at the bar who recaps Nick and Andi's night.

OK's just the one who paid for the photos. If it weren't for them, I wouldn't have believed OK either. I would have thought Nick had more sense and self respect for himself to go anywhere near her again.

Edited by Artsda
  • Love 2

Well it's not like they're announcing something tabloid trashy like that. They just claim they had secret date night. The pictures don't lie, it's them at a bar in Chicago. The article names the bar and probably who ever took the photos is the source and witnesses at the bar who recaps Nick and Andi's night.

OK's just the one who paid for the photos. If it weren't for them, I wouldn't have believed OK either. I would have thought Nick had more sense and self respect for himself to go anywhere near her again.

Thanks for the info. *Sigh* My Nick love may have to die and he was doing so well too. He went back to his life, hasn't been like so many other Bachelor Nation people going to all these events, etc. I know some were slightly suspicious when he recently started following Andi on twitter but honestly, Nick follows Kelli from Andi's season who has never had a nice thing to say about him so I didn't think that was that odd. Hell, he follows some of the guys who really disliked him during their season, like Marcus. 

I'll try and see if I can find the article online somewhere because maybe the eyewitness was confused. Nick has been hanging out in the last months with Julie Berry (former Survivor contestant, dated Jeff Probst for years and is now a producer I think for the Bachelor/Bachelorette) and she kind of looks a little like Andi from afar because they're both brunettes and have a similar build. Maybe it was her and the person thought it was Andi. Yes I am likely being completely delusional right now but let me hope...

eta: Also surprised US Weekly hasn't reported this.

Edited by truthaboutluv
  • Love 1

They're like the second coming of Jason and Molly, only slower and without the dumping of the F1 on national TV.

LOL, that would be so true if this come to be.  It just seems so farfetched since it would seem she would hate him for slut-shaming her (which might even be one of the reasons for the Andi/Josh breakup) and Nick would hate her for leading him on (even though I am sure there are a lot of F2s and F3s that could say the same.)

Btw, ARTSDA, thanks for the info...was never doubting your reporting of OK saying they were together or anything like that...just some of the questionable reporting from that magazine in the past.

Edited by Palomar

They were both with friends from the Bachelor nation. I'm not that surprised since Nick did say he was open to being friends with her, but I didn't think Andi would be open to it after all the hate she was spewing in his direction. That woman sure knows how to go from hot to cold to hot again at a flip of a switch. It's pure comedy to me at this point!

• Love 1

Yeah I finally saw the article and the pictures aren't really damning. They aren't even really speaking to each other in any of the shots, though they are next to each other. I think the story is that Andi was visiting Christy from her season with Juan Pablo, who lives in Chicago and I guess they were all hanging out in the same place. Still surprising though especially if you believe the rumor that she told the producers she wouldn't attend the live red carpet thing if they invited Nick. So clearly she still hated his guts a few weeks ago. 

eta: Just going to edit my post since no one has posted since. Andi apparently took to Instagram to completely deny the story. She apparently never says Nick's name but stresses that she hasn't been with anyone at all since her breakup, that there was no cheating involved in the breakup and that apparently she has spent the time since the breakup "healing herself" or some crap like that (I admit this is second hand info as I try to avoid all things Andi). Meanwhile she's also favorited some tweets that aren't too kind to Nick so I'd say there's definitely nothing happening there and she probably does still hate him. 

RS apparently got in on the story and got his own "sources" and basically he states that as suspected, Andi was there to visit Christy and they went to a bar, Nick showed up with his group of friends at the same bar, guess Nick and Christy have gotten to know each other both being on the show and from the city and they sort of talked and mingled but there was no real direct interaction or contact between Andi and Nick. At least so says RS. In the meantime Nick tweeted about going to NY and Julie Berry who's been hanging out with for awhile favorited it so basically I think it's safe to say that the Nick and Andi thing ain't happening. Thank goodness.

Edited by truthaboutluv
(edited)

No idea, although some speculate that Christy invited him because it might have been a sort of going away party for her since she's moving to Atlanta. Either way, just glad there will be no Nick and Andi conscious coupling. And in much more pleasant Nick news, he and Sharleen finally met (or maybe they have before and just never publicized it) and documented it on Instagram in the most adorable pictures.

I fully acknowledge that I was one semi-shipping a Nick/Sharleen pairing but sadly she's engaged. However it was nice to see that they liked each other after finally meeting, especially considering how complimentary she always was of him during Andi's season. Also he and her fiance even seem to have sort of bromance going on. It's all very adorable. 

Edited by truthaboutluv
  • Love 1

Great links about Kaitlyn's boyfriend back home. I got a gigantic kick out of this statement:

Being that this rumor is pretty unsubstantiated and that Kaitlyn’s always seemed honest and sincere, we doubt that this is actually true. Kaitlyn just doesn’t seem like someone who would be dishonest about her relationship status as she was falling in love with Chris Soules on The Bachelor.

I love how the "reporter" writes that Kaitlyn "always seemed honest and sincere." Yeah, right. EVERYONE who goes on this show is honest and sincere *cough*. I personally didn't see her having an interest in being much of anything but a friend to Chris, and I don't view her as desperate to get married. So I put my strong vote in for "publicity whore." Is that nicer than "fame whore"?

Also got a kick out of her admitting she was "intimate" with Chris Soules. I figured as much, given her duck-lipped pout being sent home the day after her Fantasy Suite overnight.

It's not the first time I've heard she did this for fame and makes the Britt hate even more hilarious and hypocritical.

I would SO LOVE for it to play out that Kaitlyn goes home after ATFR to Trevor. It would be a big "scr*w you" to all the Britt haters. Meanwhile, I hope Britt and her fellow are still together and have set a wedding date. ANOTHER SY to her haters!

• Love 2

ABC Sets Summer Schedule

http://www.hollywoodreporter.com/live-feed/abc-sets-summer-schedule-growing-787295

Monday, May 18
9:01-11:00 p.m.                       “The Bachelorette”

Sunday, August 2
8:00-10:01 p.m.                       “Bachelor in Paradise” (special two-hour premiere)

Monday, August 3
8:00-10:01 p.m.                      “Bachelor in Paradise” (time period premiere)

(edited)

When you look at these dates, it just reminds you again how silly the idea of falling in love and getting engaged on this show, is. Because if The Bachelorette season is airing May 18, that means the Bachelorette and whichever guy she picks only "dated" for about a month before getting engaged, since shooting began a week after The Bachelor season ended which was like late March. And in that short time, she was also dating other guys so the time she actually spends with the guy she chooses is really, really little.

And then they have a week together after shooting ends I think and then it's time to "hide" so the final pick isn't spoiled. Like this is why there is no way for any of these relationships to work unless the pairing commits to really being together and building the relationship after the season ends. I actually think the franchise would work better if they did away with the proposal pressure and just built it as a show about finding love, period. I actually think they'd have more success stories.

Edited by truthaboutluv