Type keyword(s) to search

The Bachelorette in the Media

• Start Topic

All I can see is Bachelor in Paradise on the summer horizon. Woo-Hoo!!! I'll watch The Bachelorette & snark & moan but I'm saving my real trash tv excitement for BIP. *happydance*

• Love 2

... I actually think the franchise would work better if they did away with the proposal pressure and just built it as a show about finding love, period. I actually think they'd have more success stories.

+1. I also feel like there are actually two parallel Bachelorette stories this season (not involving two different women): the spoilers are getting so prolific that we who want to be spoiled have almost a real-time show going on now; meanwhile a story line for a completely different most dramatic season ever will be developed and all the video from the whole season is then pieced together by the editing monkeys to manipulate us into thinking Kaitlyn is having a storybook romantic journey to find her true love whom she might not even really like. I would love to skip that show and just polish the video they are filming each week and show that as the events unfold, without the expectation that marriage will result.

I actually think it's going to be interesting to see the storyline they spin after having read so much about what's going on. A real look at how good these editors truly are. lol

I loved Kaitlyn, still do, but I'm not terribly excited about her season having read all this. But I am sooooo looking forward to Bachelor in Paradise. I kind of wish she'd gone there instead, because I think her bawdy sense of humor would be better served in that setting than the faumanctic schlock that is The Bachelorette.

• Love 1

Britt looks like a total mess and I'm pretty sure that is her actual prom dress. Kaitlyn at least looks like she's from this century, even if that isn't the most flattering picture of her either. I love the mossy green dress.

Kaitlyn at least looks like she's from this century, even if that isn't the most flattering picture of her either.

When the cast bios and headshots are released each season, I'm always amazed that such a high-gloss production uses such horrible still photographers. The contestants rarely look like their photos. Isn't that the minimum that's expected of a photo? Take Ashlee Frazier's headshotThat is not what she looks like. I never would have guessed that she'd be one of the standout beauties from that season (or any season, for that matter).

• Love 2

The contestants rarely look like their photos.

I agree. When I go to the ABC page to put a bachelorette's name to face, I can never find anyone in the photos because they all look the same. It's like they have one Photoshop template that's used to retouch everyone. Even hair is the same, except for Kelsey last season. She was the only one I could recognize, based on hair, although later I was sorry I could.

While I'm no fashion maven, I think the Bali outfits the women wore after Chris's FS dates were so attractive and made the women all look beautiful. That includes their hair, which in Bali was done up and styled. I'm a real hater of the long, stringy extension wig mops so popular on this show. (Which gave Kelsey another plus in my book, until she opened her mouth and ruined it all for me.)

See photo above for the straggly mop hair I'm referencing. Ugh.

• Love 1

Hmm, there are rumors that Josh may appear on Bachelor In Paradise and I can definitely see Ashley I appearing. Girl had Bachelor in Paradise written all over her during Chris' season. I have to say, I would think Josh would think himself too good for it but maybe not.

Gross. I despise Andi but even with that in mind, this is an almost laughable step down for Josh. Somehow I can't imagine any adult finding Kardashleigh and her 8-year-of view of the world dateable. Guess Ashleigh's friend with the five-head (whose name escapes me - Kale's mom) was correct about the lure of the intact hymen.

Edited by Stella MD

Gross. I despise Andi but even with that in mind, this is an almost laughable step down for Josh. Somehow I can't imagine any adult finding Kardashleigh and her 8-year-of view of the world dateable. Guess Ashleigh's friend with the five-head (whose name escapes me - Kale's mom) was correct about the lure of the intact hymen.

Kardashley may be a bit immature and overly emotional, but I do find her a step up from Andi. Mature is not a word I would associate with Josh or Andi either. At least Kardashley didn't sleep with someone who was in love with her and then get engaged to someone else a week later. I've read some of the articles she's written since the show and she's actually not that bad. And she's got a Master's degree from one of the top journalism schools in the country, so she certainly doesn't lose to Andi in intelligence either.

• Love 1

This breakup is even messier than I expected. When even Juan Pablo and Nikki seem to have been more mature about their split, you have to look at your life and choices. Couldn't have happened to a nicer person.

• Love 1

After TB I saw Ashley interviewed on some show, maybe Kimmel, and she came across as bright, witty, clever, articulate and lots of fun, plus was self-deprecating on top of it all. I liked her even though I was ambivalent to her on TB, which is always all about the editing so I give almost everyone a pass. I think she's a much better "catch" than Andi, by a long shot. Even I would rather spend time with her over Andi, so I can see Josh not minding her company. Good on them both.

From the TMZ post: "Andi can take a little solace, since our sources say she thought the pic was a "low blow" from Josh."

All I can say is, geesh, Andi, get over it. You guys split and Josh has his own life now. Time for you to move on, too.

Edited by saber5055
  • Love 1

Ok, that's one of the better behind-the-scenes write-ups.  Thanks Alapaki!

Agree! And thanks from me, too, Alapaki. Liked the description of audience reactions being filmed before the "real" filming started. "Editing monkeys at work" revealed!

• Love 1

Reality Steve said on Twitter that the first promo is going to air tonight during "Dancing with the Stars".  

If I want to watch that, it will totally screw up my DWTS FFing.  That means I have to pay attention.  What is that going to do with my Spider Solitaire game, I ask?  I don't like my work time compromised.  

Edited by wings707
  • Love 5

I wonder how they're going to edit the promo if they're trying to keep the vote for Bachelorette a secret. Will all the footage be from night one?

Oh I bet they will.  How embarrassing for them, if they do.  Poor things.  

• Love 1

They actually showed a lot more than I was expecting. Granted it's clearly all from the first night but with the season still filming, I figured they hadn't done much editing yet on the season and so thought we'd just see a shot of Britt and Kaitlyn in their promo shoot for the season and an announcement of the premiere date. 

I thought Britt's white dress was gorgeous.  I've worn a dress like Kaitlyn's, and by the end of the evening the inside of my upper arms were scratched from the beads & sequins on the bodice.  Very uncomfortable.  And agreed, her dress looks the same, and very common.  I don't think it flatters her in the least.  

For those not watching "Dancing with the Stars", Chris has made it through round 7.  He won't win, but he's doing really well and you can tell he's enjoying himself.  It's kind of fun to watch the proper & impassive Prince Farming shake his groove thing!

Last night in the audience were his Andi season-mates Patrick the bystander & Andrew the shit stirrer.  Looks like their bromance is still going GREAT!  Both seem to make the rounds of the franchise, so I'm wondering if they'll be possibles for BIP2?

For those not watching "Dancing with the Stars", Chris has made it through round 7.  He won't win, but he's doing really well and you can tell he's enjoying himself.  It's kind of fun to watch the proper & impassive Prince Farming shake his groove thing!

Last night in the audience were his Andi season-mates Patrick the bystander & Andrew the shit stirrer.  Looks like their bromance is still going GREAT!  Both seem to make the rounds of the franchise, so I'm wondering if they'll be possibles for BIP2?

Ew. If he's still friendly with Andrew, I like him even less.

I cannot place Andrew.  What is his last name so I can google him?

ETA: never mind, last name not needed!  I remember him now. 

Edited by wings707

I don't remember either of those guys, I typically forget every season's people except for some of the standouts. And I seldom if ever can recognize faces in the DWTS crowd. Me = loser!

Schooch over so I can sit beside you and we can forget together and eat carbs.  

Just so you know, I googled Andrew from Andi's season and recognized his face.  That is all and that is very good, for me.   

Edited by wings707
  • Love 1

They posted a group pic with their girlfriends and Cody, so I'm guessing neither Andrew or Patrick will be on BIP2 unless they ditch those girls in the next month or so. I think they just needed someone there to cheer Chris on, since Whitney escaped back to Chicago and all the family's been over already, since he was supposed to be gone by now.

In other news, Andi will be starring in her very own web series. Bet it will be a hit!

Andi’s Apple: Former Bachelorette Andi Dorfman is kicking off her single life with a fresh start in a new city. This series will capture Dorfman as she navigates the dating world of New York City while cultivating her passions for fashion, fitness and food. With the help of her pals, including a former Bachelor costar, the headstrong 28-year-old is learning about life—and love—on her own terms.

• Love 1

That girl will do anything to extend her 15 minutes of fame, won't she? A show about a single girl in NYC, how original.

What if she got three friends, and they met every Saturday over breakfast to discuss their love lives? That would be original.  Which is Andi - the high-strung attorney, the shoe-addicted sex columnist, the nymphomaniac in PR, or the prim-on-the-surface art gallery manager?

• Love 4
(edited)

What if she got three friends, and they met every Saturday over breakfast to discuss their love lives? That would be original.  Which is Andi - the high-strung attorney, the shoe-addicted sex columnist, the nymphomaniac in PR, or the prim-on-the-surface art gallery manager?

A reality show echoing Sex and the City is a brilliant idea.  I am serious, I know you are not!  LOL  Choose different personalities and jobs, of course.   

Edited by wings707
  • Love 1

A reality show echoing Sex and the City is a brilliant idea.  I am serious and cannot tell if you are, though.

I was making fun of Andi, but I agree that a reality show with the S&tC premise would have lots of potential.

• Love 1

The blurb indicates she'll be joined by one of her Bachelor co-stars. I'm assuming it's Sharleen. 

I'm in, as I still like Andi despite some of her annoying traits.  And I still love Sharleen, despite her affection for Nick.

Some of the other shows sound really interesting.  I'll be looking for the Stylist show and the Space show.  Though as a Big Bang Theory fan, I can't help but think Scott the astronaut will never match Howard Walowitz for entertainment value!

• Love 3