Type keyword(s) to search

The Bachelorette in the Media

• Start Topic

There is an adorable video on Instagram of Nick, Brian and Chris (with Brooks somewhere in the background) all singing, rather badly, Baby Got Back for karaoke the night of the AFTR. Claire pops in dancing for a brief second in front of them. I don't know how to bring Instagram videos over.

eta: Turned out easier than I thought.

http://instagram.com/p/rQV4Y3y-xJ/

Edited by truthaboutluv
There is an adorable video on Instagram of Nick, Brian and Chris (with Brooks somewhere in the background) all singing, rather badly, Baby Got Back for karaoke the night of the AFTR. Claire pops in dancing for a brief second in front of them. I don't know how to bring Instagram videos over.

eta: Turned out easier than I thought.

http://instagram.com/p/rQV4Y3y-xJ/

Oh my god. That was so embarrassing. I couldn't finish watching it. Awkward drunk dad alert! (except I don't think any of them are dads!)

Edited by violetr
  • Love 1

I agree that this could/would give Nick the impression that, as recently as the previous night, Andi was at least heavily leaning towards picking him, even though we know that was not true and that she probably had decided on Josh very early on.

I think her reference to Nick's comments about his prior engagement was just another example of Andi being an asshole and trying to use Nick's own words against him and to insulate herself. (i.e., see, I'm only doing/feeling what you did/felt in the past).  

Yeah.  I think she was pissed that Eric saw through her and called her on it.  In retrospect, I think it's clear that she was set on Josh from pretty close to Day 1 (or, with my tin-foil hat on, even before Day 1).  In that context, I agree it probably was a challenge to have to do through the motions with all of the other guys and pretend that she wasn't just biding her time until the FRC when she got to "decide on" Josh.  

I agree.  But this is the exact reason I think Andi's father, rather than being some kind of "hero" who "tells it like it is", is actually an uber-asshole.  When it gets down the end, there's a lot of kabuki that goes on for purposes of the cameras, and in order to perpetuate the narrative and leave some shred of suspense or drama for the final episodes.  

Last season Hy treated Juan Pablo like he was some sort of scumbag for doing precisely what his precious daughter did this season.  I said it last season, and I'll say it again, if your daughter ends up a contestant on the Bachelor (let alone shilling themselves out for a second season as the Bachelorette), ya' fucked up as a Father.  

I can't find the link for it right now, but last week there was a small blurb on Philly.com (the website for the Philadelphia newspapers) quoting an upcomgin Life & Style article that itself quoted people saying that Andi and Josh are both over each other already.  

Apparently Josh doesn't like how much Andi wants to go out and party with her girlfriends, and Andi finds Josh over-controlling, or some such.

Obviously this is third-hand stuff.  And I'm not sure whose "camp" leaks to Life & Style.  But the remark about Andi partying with her girlfriends sounds consistent with her Twitter feed quoted upthread.  And, btw, what adult uses the phrase "#youcantsitwithus"?  Is that some anniversary homage to Heathers?

This article?

http://www.philly.com/philly/entertainment/20140801__Bachelorette__bummer__Andi_s_independence_is_making_Josh_jealous.html

I liked this part:

Meanwhile, in "Bachelor" news, a sharply divided Santa Fe City Council has voted to spend up to $100,000 to try to lure the show to New Mexico.

Councilors approved by a 5-4 vote on Wednesday a funding request from the Convention and Visitors Bureau to try to get the ABC dating show to film an episode in Santa Fe.

Supporters say Santa Fe could use a tourism boost and the filming could showcase some of the city's attractions.

But Councilor Bill Dimas says the show is awful and having it set in a city wouldn't encourage him to visit.

That is awesome.

I can't find the link for it right now, but last week there was a small blurb on Philly.com (the website for the Philadelphia newspapers) quoting an upcomgin Life & Style article that itself quoted people saying that Andi and Josh are both over each other already.  

Apparently Josh doesn't like how much Andi wants to go out and party with her girlfriends, and Andi finds Josh over-controlling, or some such.

I've read the same thing referenced in many places. Who knows if there's any truth to it, since such rumors usually start circulating quite soon after every season, if not during. But what gave me pause is that the article claims Josh is insecure about the relationship, and in that infamous plane video, Nick did say Josh is really insecure and has a bad temper. That doesn't seem consistent with the easygoing guy, who doesn't care about the world knowing his future wife had sex with someone else a week before getting engaged to him. Are we really to believe this 29-year-old man who hasn't had a single truly serious relationship in his whole life, because he's been waiting for "The One", is settling for this? I suppose we'll see in due time, but I for one am highly sceptical. Andi's had her 'trying too hard' face on ever since ATFR.

• Love 3

My guess is maybe after BIP. The word is they're not dead set on a choice yet and that's why it wasn't announced after Andi's season and the talk seems to be between Arie and Chris. My guess is they're probably concerned Chris may not have the personality to carry a season and with Arie, they may be concerned they'd have another Juan Pablo on their hands. Not so much his being a jerk to the women but him not really being ready to settle down.

As for Andi and Josh, honestly, much as I'm no fan of either, I actually think they might be one of the few from this franchise that makes it. Don't get me wrong, I wouldn't be the least bit surprised if they break up because I always expect the worse with the pairings from this show but I wouldn't be too surprised if they do make it. Let's face it, Josh, as Andi said many times is her type, they live in the same place so there is no long distance to put strain on the relationship, from all I've heard the two families are already all madly in love with each other. So yeah I can see them getting married. I just won't care about any of it. 

Edited by truthaboutluv
  • Love 1

In the past they usually announced it on one of the first DWTS episodes. As in, the Bachelor would be sitting in the audience, and Tom Bergeron would give a shout-out to "Bachelor so-and-so". DWTS premieres on September 15th.

Well speaking of the next Bachelor, just got my latest US Weekly e-newsletter and there's a story that producers are seriously considering Nick. I don't really see it only because he's so polarizing and again coming off Juan Pablo's season they may be wary of choosing someone that polarizing. Although, that said, at the end of the day all these people are really interested in is ratings and producing an entertainment show and for as messy as Juan Pablo was, his season had decent ratings, definitely more than Andi's. That said, RS in his latest blog stated emphatically Nick is not and never has been a consideration. 

I sure hope Nick won't be the Bachelor. While it would be nice to actually care about the lead finding love, for once, he'd just end up as a hypocrite like the rest of them. No thanks.

In other news, Andi threw two different "surprise" birthday parties for two different mags... err, Josh yesterday. As you do.  

Two surprise birthday parties? That overkill

Not overkill, so much as a clever way to get paid twice for an "exclusive" to his surprise party - basically they had two so People could have an "exclusive" one night and USWeekly have one the next night, both of which I'm sure they got paid for. Hey, can't knock the hustle. 

I'm strongly anti-circumcision, so I wish I hadn't read that. Poor baby. When will the mutilation end?

Edit: Since I don't wish to continue with the off-topic posts, I just wanted to clarify that I'm not equating male circumcision to female circumcision, but the foreskin has its purpose, even if it's hard to imagine for people who've lived their whole lives without it. I still don't believe there is any excuse for removing it, unless it's a medical necessity, but then again I'm European and only a small minority are circumcised here. The vast majority manage just fine with it intact and enjoy the perks of having it.

Edited by MsPH

At the risk of sounding condescending, I can see why women would think it's horrible.  But as a "survivor," I'm glad it was done--it's an easier life--and I think not circumcising baby boys is indefensible.  Implicitly equating it with female genital mutilation is an insult to women who've had that done to them.  That's actual mutilation.  [/OT]

• Love 4

Just saw Des' Zak Waddell on a SoulMatesAreReal.com commercial. He sings, he smiles a lot, flashing his blinding white teeth, and he does keep his shirt on and he's called "Bachelor Zak."

Edited by Macthekat
I do hope the show doesn't insist on calling him Farmer Chris though.

Keep hoping.  The "small-town farmer" angle is the whole reason they wanted him for the job.  Just think about how much they'll be able to cram that down our throats next season.  Heck, I'll be shocked if they don't actually call the season "The Bachelor: Down on the Farm."

Here's one of the many places announcing it today.  Just for the record, if anyone here wasn't already spoiled, Reality Steve announced this was a done deal quite some time ago.  All the press about Arie being in consideration was possibly a red herring to throw people off.

http://www.eonline.com/news/573566/it-s-official-chris-soules-is-the-new-bachelor

Keep hoping.  The "small-town farmer" angle is the whole reason they wanted him for the job.  Just think about how much they'll be able to cram that down our throats next season.  Heck, I'll be shocked if they don't actually call the season "The Bachelor: Down on the Farm."

Oh I know they are going to cram it down our throats (Down on the farm, a roll in the hay etc etc), but I still find it annoying. I don't remember them referring to any of the other contestants by their occupation.  

Oh I know they are going to cram it down our throats (Down on the farm, a roll in the hay etc etc), but I still find it annoying. I don't remember them referring to any of the other contestants by their occupation.  

Wasn't one of them a pilot and they used "On the Wings of Love" incessantly every week?

• Love 1

Wasn't one of them a pilot and they used "On the Wings of Love" incessantly every week?

Did they? I don't remember, but they probably did. However, did they refer to the guy as pilot (insert guys name)?  If they did then I guess I can't complain about them always calling Chris "Farmer Chris"

I don't pay the closest attention, so forgive me if they have always referred to the contestants by their occupations.  

Did they? I don't remember, but they probably did.

Yeah they did, it was Jake's season. Because he was a pilot, the whole season they used the corny "On The Wings of Love" tagline and played the cheesy song at the end of the season when he and Vienna got engaged. They also used a tagline for Andy Baldwin's season. He was a naval officer or something so all season they had the "Officer and A Gentleman" tag running. They don't do it all the time though since obviously some of the leads haven't had careers that lends itself to that but no way are they avoiding the corny farmer taglines with Chris.

• Love 1
Because he was a pilot, the whole season they used the corny "On The Wings of Love" tagline and played the cheesy song at the end of the season when he and Vienna got engaged.

And one of the girls made a cringeworthy "landing strip" joke in the first episode. Good times!

• Love 2

I don't mind the corny taglines. I mean I expect them.  But do they really have to refer to him as Farmer Chris all the time. I mean his name is Chris not Farmer Chris. Question did they call/refer to Jake as "Pilot Jake"? I didn't really watch his season. Actually I tend to not watch the Bachelor's season.

Heck, I'll be shocked if they don't actually call the season "The Bachelor: Down on the Farm."

Or they could call it "The Bachelor: Farmer takes a Wife" Every time I think of Chris as the bachelor that song (The Farmer in the Dell) pops into my head.

Edited by Ablackout

And one of the girls made a cringeworthy "landing strip" joke in the first episode. Good times!

Lol I can just imagine the lines we'll get. I so want a girl to say  "I can't wait to plow your field".

Or they could call it "The Bachelor: Farmer takes a Wife" Every time I think of Chris as the bachelor that song (The Farmer in the Dell) pops into my head.

Possibly.  But wasn't there a Fox show or some such a while back which was called "Farmer Takes a Wife" and was a farmer version of this show basically?  If so, I'm thinking they might have trouble using that name.  

I look forward to seeing the women cast for this Love On The Farm edition. The engagements that typically take place in the finale between people who don't know each other very intimately smacks of a 'pig in a poke' (an offering foolishly accepted without being examined first). Will Chris plow through The Process as the 'VERY successful businessman who's a great catch' we were told of? Will they travel to luxury farms around the world cultivating love? Will Chris part with farm life for a Right Reasons gal?

• Love 1

With regards to Andi being on DWTS, I'll say the same thing I said in that thread, if true, man I wish Maks was doing this season and she would have been given to him. That would have just been absolutely golden to watch. Especially as she's a shitty dancer which would have frustrated him. That being said, I'm not sure she's on because there are only six male Pros and there are already strong rumors that point to six female celebrities. Lolo Jones, Janel Parrish and Lea Thompson seem all but confirmed at this point, Sadie Robertson's family has confirmed she's on and the other two seem likely based on social media clues and media reporting. So I don't think Andi made the cut or maybe that's just my wishful thinking.

Edited by truthaboutluv

It might also be because of the fact that, as we've seen on Bachelor in Paradise, he doesn't seem all that into the ladies. He made no move on Andi and only kissed one girl out of the three he dated in Paradise, and didn't seem to do anything post-date to keep the thing going. I mean I loved what I saw of him on Andi's season, but now I think he's kind of picky and judgemental. Not good traits for a lead of this show. Frankly I think if he had been chosen, it would've been because he's black, since Chris is a much safer and more logical choice all things considered.

• Love 1

Oh picky is certainly good in real life, but on a show where you only have 25 options and you're supposed to make things happen with several of them? Not so much. I'm no Chris fan, but at least he made a move, even on the first date, and he was F3 so obvious choice.

• Love 3

Andi would be grumpy catting all over the DWTS studios at not being able to dance well, though surely better than whatever it was that AshLee was doing on her date with Graham on BiP...but I digress. I get some silly sparkly joy from DWTS, I wouldn't like Andi diminishing that. No worries, it's football season for her clan now. 

Edited by KR Vermont
Yup, nobody from the Bachelor franchise made it, but a 17-year-old from Duck Dynasty and a girl with a YouTube channel did. Good to see Andi reminded of her place in the "celebrity" food chain.

Well, the extent that I despise Andi should be no secret on these forums.

And I feel completely vindicated by the DWTS casting.  How much of a pain-in-the-ass must she really be for them to pass up on a Bachelor tie-in given some of these nobodies?

Not only is she a Bachelor tie-in but, at least from what I've heard, she and Josh are still together.  And you know how this franchise likes to trot out their success stories.

Actually, the Bachelorette or Bachelor have not been on DWTS that often so it would have been more of a surprise if she had (despite the obvious tie-in).  I believe it has only been Trista, Jake, Sean, and Melissa so far.