Type keyword(s) to search

The Bachelorette in the Media

• Start Topic

I think what happened is she managed to sneak around with Shawn a couple of times before the producers caught wind of it, and after that they've kept her under 24-hour surveillance including a microphone in the room/on the other side of the door during "private time" with Nick.

• Love 1

I absolutely do not believe that ABC is "courting" Amy in any way, shape or form to be The Bachelorette.  I think that's one of those throwaway clips that just keeps her name in the media.  She's funny in HER world, but I think her shtick on this show would get really old, really quickly.  

• Love 4

Hmm. If I didn't know how weasely and smarmy and normally creepy-looking he is, I would think he's pretty hot. But maybe it's because the beard is covering up his face and he's looking pensively instead of his usual annoying smirk. But who knew he had that body under his sweaters and scarves and skinny pants. But Starving Artist is right: Showing that he has the requisite Bachelor abs.

• Love 1

I can hardly stand Nick as a bachelor. I cannot imagine watching him as The Bachelor no matter how six packy he is. I wouldn't even read recaps of his season.

Show should go after Jon Hamm (bonus: if the rumors are true about his "lower abs" even the female producers will be looking for off camera time) and have Amy Schumer replace or cohost with Chris Harrison. There's a show I'd watch even though it would never hapoen.

• Love 1
(edited)

I am confused. Kaitlyn said that she is "not ashamed" of what happened with Nick, so why did she tell her family not to watch the episode?

Probably because of the audio. 

I liked this article and I agree.  She is the most genuine bachette to date.  I hope to see more authentic behavior from future contestants.  And by that I do not mean sex, necessarily, just more real.  

http://www.vulture.com/2015/06/kaitlyn-bristowe-first-bachelorette-to-get-real-about-sex.html 

Thanks for posting this.  

Edited by wings707
  • Love 1

I absolutely agree that Kaitlyn is genuine.  As I consider the average toddler genuine.  Unfiltered, undeveloped intellect, undeveloped social skills, poor impulse control, being only "in the moment" and unable to apply linear thinking towards the consequences of their behavior.  However, most toddlers grow out of those behaviors as they develop into adults.   

What excuse does a 30 year-old woman have?

Ick disgusts me.  His level of attention-seeking stopped being funny a long time ago.

• Love 11

Here's a direct link to Sharleen's column, if the one above didn't work for you:

http://www.flare.com/celebrity/entertainment/sharleen-joynt-on-the-bachelorette-episode-eight/

She speculates that Katilyn's "alone time" with Shawn and (possibly?) her later visit to Shawn and Ben's room were both illicit, as in, she snuck there without the producers' knowledge.  Then, when they found out about it, they were pissed and now insist on her being accompanied and miked 24/7, which is why she couldn't sleep with Nick without the cameras being there.  She basis this speculation on the fact that in her season she and JP couldn't get even 15 minutes alone without a producer there to make sure nothing "interesting" happened off-camera.  Now, she could be right, or it could be the show is just playing by different rules this time.  I suspect the latter: they've loosened up in an attempt to create more drama, and it's worked.

• Love 4

It seems clear that the show has changed the rules for Kaitlyn as evidenced by CH's talk with her.  There was scrambling behind the scenes to bring this to a logical conclusion. 

I tend to agree with Sharleen. It just makes sense that the "show" didn't know Kaitlyn snuck into Shawn's room because if they knew, we wouldn't be getting this choppy "oh shit" editing. We would have gotten a closed door, dubbed sex noises scene of her and Shawn to make her doing it with Nick even more dramatic. As it played out, there is still too much confusion as to what happened and though people are talking, it's more about how the show has gone off the rails. Making her to the talk show walk of shame feels like punishing her for making their precious fairytale a laughing stock.

• Love 2
(edited)

Whatever anyone thinks about Kaitlyn or this season I have to say it is a refreshing break from the stale, strained and very staged format.  For that reason alone I am enjoying it.  I like Kaitlyn, too.   I wonder if they will officially allow alone time in future seasons. It does speed up the connection possibilities, sex or no. 

Edited by wings707
  • Love 11

Hmm. If I didn't know how weasely and smarmy and normally creepy-looking he is, I would think he's pretty hot. But maybe it's because the beard is covering up his face and he's looking pensively instead of his usual annoying smirk. But who knew he had that body under his sweaters and scarves and skinny pants. But Starving Artist is right: Showing that he has the requisite Bachelor abs.

Nick used to run track in high school and university and was the team captain even, so he is an athlete too. He just has some brains to go with his abs unlike most of the jocks on this show.

Funnily enough, Josh decided to post a pic flaunting his abs soon after Nick did. Coincidence? I think not.

• Love 7
Show should go after Jon Hamm (bonus: if the rumors are true about his "lower abs" even the female producers will be looking for off camera time) and have Amy Schumer replace or cohost with Chris Harrison. There's a show I'd watch even though it would never hapoen.

They could show pictures of Hamm's mug shot from his time at UT. What he did to a fellow student in the pretext of fraternity hazing should've sent him to jail.

Just saw Cupcake (still don't know his real name!) on Good Morning America. He was adorable! He was funny, charming and looked great. Showed a lot of personality and the ability to laugh at himself. Cupcake for the next Bachelor :)

• Love 1

Just saw Cupcake (still don't know his real name!) on Good Morning America. He was adorable! He was funny, charming and looked great. Showed a lot of personality and the ability to laugh at himself. Cupcake for the next Bachelor :)

His real name is Chris & yes he was adorable during that interview! He reminds me of Ames from Ashley's season. I LOVED him, he was good looking, adorable, very smart, well spoken, funny etc. Like Ashton Kutcher said smart is definitely sexy!

• Love 1

I absolutely agree Bugs, he was all about the "performance".  He almost wet his pants when he found out they were going onstage for the Aladdin performance.  I honestly thought when he was sitting on that clifftop, at the end he was going to look at the camera and go...."Aaaannd, Scene!". 

He does seem like a very nice guy though, and I'd totally let him clean my teeth!

• Love 3

He said in the GMA interview that he was both crying and laughing at himself for the crying, which is why it looked and sounded as it did. I remain unconvinced that there was actual crying involved, but at least he admitted that it wasn't the out-of-control sobbing the producers wanted us to think it was.

• Love 5
(edited)

I think Sharleen has become a victim of her own press.  Her commentary of past seasons has been good, but I think the constant adoration and tongue bathing by her readers has gone to her head.  She thinks she's more relevant than she actually is.  Now she's just a show apologist shill like the rest. 

Edited by leighdear
  • Love 6

I think the problem is more that she's friends with Kaitlyn and Nick. Previous seasons, she had enough detachment to do great recaps. But she has a big blind spot when it comes to her friends. I can't hate on her too hard for that - it's something we all do to a certain extent.

• Love 6
(edited)

My question is this: what could they have possibly done to Kaitlyn if she refused to "confess" to Shawn about sleeping with Nick?  Send her home?  Make her go on boring dates?  Give her a bad edit?    

It was so many kinds of wrong & stupid for her to tell him.  That's something I definitely agree with Sharleen on. 

Edited by leighdear
  • Love 3

Here's the Cupcake interview... he's adorable and did a great job of making fun of himself.

Also a sneak peek of tonight's ep. https://gma.yahoo.com/video/chris-cupcake-tells-really-happened-125706849.html

Wow, he looked great in that interview. Is it the facial hair? He was cute on the show, but he looks hot in that clip. 

He would probably make a good Bachelor because he is clearly down with the cheese and drama. I'm sure he would embrace the dramatic pauses and overwrought interviews, etc. 

• Love 1

The latest issue of OK magazine says that Khloe Kardashian is in talks to be the next Bachelorette (I don't think that it's online yet- I just get it on my tablet).  If that's the case it's probably a pretty clear signal that the producers have given up on the 'true love' idea. 

• Love 1

The latest issue of OK magazine says that Khloe Kardashian is in talks to be the next Bachelorette (I don't think that it's online yet- I just get it on my tablet).  If that's the case it's probably a pretty clear signal that the producers have given up on the 'true love' idea. 

It's OK Magazine; it's probably not true. They did have the scoop on Ryan Gosling and Eva Mendes having a baby together, but generally, they are one of the less believable tabloids around.

• Love 1
(edited)

It's OK Magazine; it's probably not true. They did have the scoop on Ryan Gosling and Eva Mendes having a baby together, but generally, they are one of the less believable tabloids around.

Can something be negative true? They wouldn't be in talks with anyone right now. Please, no one quote them on anything.

ETA: Among the countless reasons this can't be true, these two stand out:

1. I'm sure her E! contract forbids her to appear on other networks' reality shows.

2. She is still married to Lamar Odom.

OK Magazine is (sorry...) perfectly OK with printing things that have literally no basis in fact. This is a perfect example to keep in mind next time something sounds fishy.

Edited by Bugs Meany
  • Love 2

She is still married, so that isn't going to happen.  This is just Ktrash publicity machine working.

JJ was actually ON TMZ last night, they did a little real-time video interview with him.  It's not on the website, but it sounds ever sketchier when he was talking about it.

He "just happened" to step outside and thought there were at least 6 guys beating the crap out of a production assistant. One supposedly jumped on his back while another punched him.  He said he basically took a couple of them down with face punches before Ben Z got there, then they all ran off down the street.

I really don't think it happened the way he said.

• Love 3

Unnamed production assistant? This has Ryan Putz* written all over it.

*The PA on Bachelor in Paradise who slept with contestant Michelle (not Money), who when another crew member came knocking on her door jumped off the balcony, breaking both of his legs.

• Love 6

Jillian's ex Ed got married and in a self-referential/ tacky move included offering roses and asking "Will you accept this rose?" to his mother and new mother-in-law during the ceremony. Hopefully he's not looking for a chance to cheat already - especially with his mother-in-law ... and mother!

• Love 1