Type keyword(s) to search

The Bachelorette in the Media

• Start Topic

I find this hilarious!

http://www.etonline.com/tv/164916_exclusive_bachelorette_kaitlyn_bristowe_is_not_ashamed_of_having_sex_on_the_show/

Bwwwwaaahhaaaahaaahaa!!!  She sees herself that way?

I think that if she were a man she would be getting much worse. *shrugs* And if any of the bachelors dare to call her out at the Men Tell All they will be branded as "slut shamers" and "assholes", so they better tread carefully. The situation would be different if this were The Bachelor.

• Love 2
(edited)

How can anybody determine better or worse?  From the day this show and it's incarnations were broadcast, the internet has weighed in on the behavior of the leads and contestants.  It all started 13 years ago.  And has snowballed since then. 

There are so many media outlets and so many websites discussing these stories that nobody can say anything concrete like "Juan Pablo had 97% of the viewing public against him, but Kaitlyn only has 68% of the viewing public against her".   There will never be any lead that is free of criticism and the amount and context can never be measured accurately.  

If the lead acts politely and respectfully to all of the contestants, they will get good "reviews".  If they don't, they'll be criticized.  It really doesn't matter either way, as long as people watch. 

Edited by leighdear
  • Love 2

But he did go into the voting room and trash it. Was the actual voting on night one and the tallying and everything that came after it on night two?

If, and that's a big "IF", they filmed it over two nights and those two nights coincided with Part 1 and Part 2 that we were shown on Monday and Tuesday.....  then yes.

Personally, I think it was all one long night.  When they showed Ryan being shown the door of the van, dawn was just breaking.  When the rejected bachelors left, it was well into morning.

• Love 1
(edited)

On the eonline article: I'm surprised they let Kaitlyn address it, considering it won't be happening for a least a couple weeks (I think!). Maybe they didn't like the speculation that it was all in the editing.

I've never been as open about sex as Kaitlyn but I'm not about to judge her for that. I do think it shows poor judgment that she would sleep with one guy while dating several other guys at the same time -- it doesn't feel fair to them, which she herself said. If it turns out to be the one guy she picks in the end, then good for her! She's "following her heart" early on and not going through the artificial motions the show demands of its bachelor/ettes. I'm wondering how many guys will bail, though. Oh, the drama that's coming! I do think it's funny that people are drawing a line between "pre-fantasy suite sex" and sex in the fantasy suites -- when there are still three contestants. Who made up that artificial rule, one is ok and the other is bad?

Oh, and I absolutely believe this has happened before. Bob supposedly slept with "4 1/2" women (I assume a blow job from one), and there were one or two who slept with five or six, but I can't recall who.

Edited by Andromeda
(edited)

My thought is that none of the guys ever really thought that the possibility of sex BEFORE the fantasy suite was going to be an option. It's only happened with Bachelors so far: Bob, Ben & Juan Pablo (that we know of).

But you know if Kaitlyn had said upfront "Ya know, I'm totally ok with spontaneous sex if it happens", the guys would probably have been cool with that and on board. But why would they think it was possible if it had never happened before and she never said it was ok?

Just let everybody know the rules ahead of time.

Edited by leighdear
added spoiler tags
  • Love 3
(edited)

Is that a spoiler? The interview didn't say who she had sex with. I'm trying to say (relatively) spoiler free.

ETA: Tag was added above just as I posted this. Thanks, mods!

Edited by Andromeda
  • Love 1

But you know if Kaitlyn had said upfront "Ya know, I'm totally ok with spontaneous sex if it happens", the guys would probably have been cool with that and on board. But why would they think it was possible if it had never happened before and she never said it was ok?

The thing that makes it seem a little disturbing is that it is all so public.  Who would want their parents, family, co-workers, and most of all their chosen F1 (if he wasn't the one) knowing exactly when you were having sex. At least in the FS there is a veil of privacy.   But of course it does give the one(s) who Kaitlyn has sex with an advantage.  Will The Bachelorette/Bachelor change because of this, making the suitors more aggressive?

• Love 1

People who know who she is or are interested in the premise of the show will watch.  It's immaterial that people like Andi.  Millions of people watch shows featuring people they "hate" so they can gripe about them.  Hate-watching is the new black.

Guilty as charged.   I've been hate watching the Bachelor since that blonde guy with the big head picked the brunette with the big nose.   I think her name was Helena. 

• Love 1

Has anyone seen the ads for this new Lifetime show "UnReal"

It's basically meant to be producers of the Bachelor behind the scenes making the show. It looks awful and yet awesome. There are scenes where they say to the bachelor - I need a kiss on this date. Don't care who. etc. Interesting.

• Love 3

I just find them (more him, really)....icky somehow. I can't get past the pants, the accent, and the stupid hat. They both seem bland and nice enough, so more power to them, I guess.

• Love 4

My "issue" though, is that all these instagram shots are clearly from filming during the show. Again, I'm not saying the two aren't happily in love and found something very real but I wouldn't say these shots are showing anything truly real because it's still stuff from their filming for the show. The shot of Britt kissing Brady's cheek is pretty much labeled by him as being from Episode 3. I'm not seeing any truly candid, personal moments in these pictures.

I mean sure, without the pressure of dating multiple guys and all the producer manipulations and stuff, it's very possible something very real and meaningful came from this. I just still haven't seen anything to truly convince me of this. This Brady thing allowed Britt and him really, to still get some camera time, no matter how measly during the season. So color me just as skeptical as I am of every Bachelor/ette relationship. 

• Love 10

His hat and pants just scream hipster douchenozzle.   

Even worse? He's a Christian songwriter and singer.  Because of course he is.

(Before the angry PMs start--I am a Christian and listen to a fair amount of Christian music.  Just sayin', the "hipster musician with the guitar" is a trope in Christian music that needs to die a horrifically painful death.  We already have one Chris Tomlin.  That is more than sufficient.)

• Love 5

Has anyone seen the ads for this new Lifetime show "UnReal"

It's basically meant to be producers of the Bachelor behind the scenes making the show. It looks awful and yet awesome. There are scenes where they say to the bachelor - I need a kiss on this date. Don't care who. etc. Interesting.

I've seen the commercials, too many times now (they kept running during Lizzie Borden.) The premise seemed to be all the participants are hired actors, so they're instructed to do various things to make a "good show," with the audience being dupes, but when I looked into it, it seemed more like the behind-the-scenes people were "in on it" but not the contestants (in other words, more like the actual Bachelor show.) At first I was turned off, thinking it was a show about a totally fake show, but I might try it if it's really trying to be more like the production of the Bachelor (which has some fakeness, but isn't completely fake, or I wouldn't be wasting my time.)

I don't think they can afford her.

I think scheduling would be the bigger problem, since Amy has so many things going on these days. But it would be really cool if they did a two-week special with maybe 10 guys - just intros, first night rose ceremony where she lets half of them go, a group date with the remaining five and a couple of one-on-one dates, then she picks her favorite without an engagement or anything silly like that.

• Love 5

Comedians tend to be sarcastic people, and that gets old, really fast.    Sure it's good to make fun of rank amateurs, but I'm sure she couldn't do dentistry on her first day.   Maybe amateur sex coach.   I doubt her first stand up experience is one she wants to remember.

This show does a great job of letting narcissistic morons make fools of themselves.   Let's keep it that way. 

• Love 4
(edited)

I was beginning to wonder if this was just another rumor because I didn't see anything on my People Magazine or US Weekly feed and then about a second ago, lo and behold:

http://www.usmagazine.com/celebrity-news/news/chris-soules-whitney-bischoff-split-two-months-after-bachelor-finale-2015285

I would love to say I'm shocked but that would be a huge lie. The ATFR already gave me zero hope for this pairing but Whitney's disappearing act while Chris was still competing on DWTS, pretty much solidified it, no matter how many excuses they pulled out. I mean even Vienna and Jake managed to fake their love throughout his run on the show, with her being in the audience every week. 

Geez, it's like the last two pairings are on a race to see who can be done the fastest. Andi and Josh's implosion seemed quick but Chris and Whitney make them seem like they gave it a good, solid try. I mean two months - damn. I guess this also pretty much confirms what some felt like, that Chris seemed hardly into Whitney even during their media rounds. 

Edited by truthaboutluv
(edited)

Not surprised.  Any relationship that starts out with both the tabloids and some fans insisting (whether true or not), that the man really wanted another woman, is going to fail.

Edited by LuLu123
  • Love 1
(edited)

knew they were done when he was so eager to be on DWTS.

Hope Whitney didn't get a "I told you so" call/text from her sister.   Best of luck to her, the Chicago area is full of bachelorette rejects so maybe she'll find a new guy from the hoard. 

Edited by CindyBee
  • Love 1

knew they were done when he was so eager to be on DWTS.

Exactly. If what you really want is a quiet life home on the farm, you don't go running to Hollywood to make the distance between you even bigger. He's milking his 15 minutes for everything it is worth.

Whitney dodged a bullet with this one.

(edited)

I really don't think she would do it, but if Amy Schumer were to replace Chris Harrison and have more of a presence than Chris has had lately, this show would become a lot funnier and appeal to a whole different demographic. I like Chris so not saying he should leave.

I don't see her as the B'ette in a million years.

Edited by MakeMeLaugh
  • Love 3
(edited)

I think scheduling would be the bigger problem, since Amy has so many things going on these days. But it would be really cool if they did a two-week special with maybe 10 guys - just intros, first night rose ceremony where she lets half of them go, a group date with the remaining five and a couple of one-on-one dates, then she picks her favorite without an engagement or anything silly like that.

I like this idea. Instead of a rose ceremony, they could do a roast ceremony where Amy could roast the guys she eliminates.

Edited by jmonkey
  • Love 2

I really don't think she would do it, but if Amy Schumer were to replace Chris Harrison and have more of a presence than Chris has had lately, this show would become a lot funnier and appeal to a whole different demographic. I like Chris so not saying he should leave.

I don't see her as the B'ette in a million years.

Chris is okay, and rarely involved much until the RC. I'd love to see Amy handing out the date cards instead of CH, and providing commentary during group dates.  After so many years, a change of pace--not more boxing, more humor--would be welcome and, as you say, might bring in a new demographic, livening up a dying show.

• Love 4

Kimmel got raked by many for appearing on this show, saying it jumped the shark for making fun of itself. Schumer would catch the same heat. IMO, however, I'm all for livening this stale show up. It's already fakety fake so why not make it fun fakety fake.

• Love 3

Kimmel got raked by many for appearing on this show, saying it jumped the shark for making fun of itself. Schumer would catch the same heat. IMO, however, I'm all for livening this stale show up. It's already fakety fake so why not make it fun fakety fake.

Jimmy kimmel's appearances were right on point with his weird sense of humor.  He takes everything as a joke, all while acting like he's taking it seriously.  Everything Kimmel has said on his show about the Bachelor/ette shows has been making fun of our, and his own, fascination with the show. 

I recall a season where he described the show as eliminating contestants week by week until only one is left, and that the one you have to "pretend to be engaged to for the next 6 months".  He really did capture what the show is about.   

I recall a season where he described the show as eliminating contestants week by week until only one is left, and that the one you have to "pretend to be engaged to for the next 6 months".  He really did capture what the show is about.   

Although he might have over-estimated the engagement length.

• Love 2
(edited)

Well Chris made it to the Final 6 on DWTS, where he was eliminated in a double elimination. I want to say Whitney was there for the first three weeks and then she just disappeared. After Chris' dances they would show some of the guys he competed against on Andi's season, who I assume he became friends with, but no Whitney.

When people started mentioning it and wondering where she was, some of the excuses that came up, from Chris, was that one week she'd returned to Chicago for work, then another week she was with family because it was the anniversary of her mother's death. Of course never mind that around that time she was photographed at the Kentucky Derby. I don't think she ever showed up again at the show and was only seen again at the finale, where there was video of her, Chris and his parents attending the season wrap party. 

Edited by truthaboutluv
  • Love 1

Did anyone watch Trista & Ryan's new HGTV show, Rocky Mountain Reno? I missed it and can't find it anywhere online. I wonder if it did well at all since it premiered at 12 on a Sunday...

The previews looks good and it seems like it would focus a lot more on the families/couples, the logistics of building houses & seeing Trista/Ryan's style than the current crop of HGTV shows.

Britt sure had a quick "journey" and didn't follow the standard "process" but it seems she was the there for "the right reasons" and made a "connection"

This is the most accurate thing I've ever read about the Bachelor/ette.

• Love 3

Apologies if this has been posted elsewhere, but since it's listed as an official preview I assume it's fair game.  

https://www.yahoo.com/tv/bachelorette-kaitlyn-nick-preview-all-season-weve-120604635985.html

*Sighs* Kaitlyn is only making herself look bad with this development. When a previous contestant wants to join your show, politely decline and send them on their way. And she is clearly lying about how close she and Nick were. 

• Love 1
(edited)

Oh yeah, she lies, lies, lies.  But just like everybody else has done, so there's that.  

But also, she's now set a precedent for any previously booted contestant to social media stalk the upcoming lead, flirt with them, vow to TPTB to be "good TV" and then waltz right back onto the show, mid-way in.  

It definitely puts all future contestants on notice that no matter how serious they really are, the game is going to be rigged.  And they will NEVER get a fair shot at the lead.  

Edited by leighdear
  • Love 3

Yeah, she tells the guys she's "talked to Nick a handful of times"..     Then she goes out to meet up with him, and there's an obvious intimacy there.  Seems to me Kaitlyn and Nick were a couple already, and the producers knew all about it, and set up the whole season with a story already in mind.   This is just as scripted of a show as general Hospital or any other soap opera.

• Love 2

Absolutely they knew he'd do it.  He's as much of an attention-junkie as Kaitlyn is.  I assume he quit his job for this, though I don't know for sure.  I can't imagine a reputable company keeping on somebody that's addicted to being on Reality TV shows.  

And of course, There's nothing more attractive than TWO jobless, 30-something, media hounds!  *LOL*  No matter what happens, I'm sure Kaitlyn will be on Bachelor in Paradise NEXT year. 

• Love 1
(edited)
And of course, There's nothing more attractive than TWO jobless, 30-something, media hounds!

Nick has a job. Multiple people have confirmed that he is still with Salesforce in Chicago. I know for some the word of RS is law but just because he declared it so with no other proof than his general dislike of Nick, does not make it the truth. As for the whole issue of someone coming in mid-way during the show and staying and this being treated like some huge deal - that's pretty much exactly what happened in Byron's season with Mary. So it's hardly the first time this has happened.

Mary was on Bob's season, made it to final 4 I believe and she showed up in episode 3 or 4 of Byron's season, she was kept on and then he picked her. I am also amused by the continued attempts to label Nick a stalker. First it was because he asked producers to ask Andi if she would talk to him in private and that made him a huge stalker - nevermind that Andi later said that never happened. And now he was apparently social media stalking Kaitlyn. Because Kaitlyn totally looks like a woman who really wanted nothing to do with that guy in that clip above and I guess it's just so hard to ignore someone you don't want to talk to on social media. 

Edited by truthaboutluv
  • Love 3

I don't care about Nick's personal life or employment. The only thing I can judge is what I see on tv and there is no way he was so enamored with Kaitlyn he just had to "compete" for her heart. He could wait a few months when she inevitably breaks up with her choice, then see if something is there. But no. He enjoys being the shit stirrer. He's a typical attention seeker. Kaitlyn is super dumb for even associating with him after last season.

• Love 4
(edited)

For the record, I thought it was incredibly stupid of Nick to put himself through this show again and said as much when it was confirmed that he was going to be on the season. Hell, I think it's stupid for anyone to do these shows (much as the trastasticness of it all amuses me) and applaud those who run far away when they're done. And funny enough, I did say that he could have just waited for whoever she picked, the relationship to fizzle since the odds of any couple from this show lasting is always slim to none. So I have no disagreement on that and I pretty much expected that he would be called out as a famewhore by those who already don't care for him. 

I just one, find some acting like this is so absolutely outrageous somewhat surprising because again, this is exactly what happened in Byron's season. Well I don't know that Byron and Mary had a pre-existing relationship or friendship or whatever but she was on one season, then came on his and he allowed her to stay and then even ended up picking her. So this is hardly the most shocking or unprecedented thing for the show. And two, I get not caring for the guy but spinning tales that aren't true, that he's a stalker and unemployed, just seems unnecessary in my opinion. 

eta: Btw, interesting note, Sharleen is not doing her recaps of this season. She's still doing her very brief recaps for the Canadian magazine but nothing like she's done the last two seasons. She finally explained why and said part of it was the time it took to do them which she didn't enjoy but she also added that she tries to remain as objective as possible but isn't sure she can do that this time because she knows some of the people personally.

Sharleen and her fiance have hung out with Nick and seem pretty friendly with him, not to mention that interestingly, she was present, along with Ashley I. when Nick showed up (I don't think that's a spoiler since the clip above show Kaitlyn mentioning Ashley I.). Some are speculating that she might know what happens or have a very good idea and it's why she's staying away from recapping the season. 

Edited by truthaboutluv
  • Love 2

Kaitlyn is going to be on Celebrity Family Feud, teaming with Sean and Catherine and Jason and Molly. They will compete against DWTS pros Karina, Anna, Sasha, Witney and Allison. I know which team I'll be rooting for. The series starts June 21. There are 12 feuds (24 teams) scheduled.

(edited)

Yes, it will be on ABC primetime with Steve Harvey as the host.

I'll be Chris is sorry he didn't stick it out longer with Whitney, they could have been on. Maybe!

Edited by saber5055

I'll be Chris is sorry he didn't stick it out longer with Whitney, they could have been on. Maybe!

Heh.  I can't imagine Chris being able to articulate a single answer--even a risible one--on the Feud.  So maybe it's best for him that he won't be on it!

• Love 2

I don't feel too bad for Chris missing out on Celeb Family Feud. After all, I'm willing to wager that afte rhe finishes "Worst Cooks in America" Chris will find his way onto at least two more reality shows. I doubt we'll be rid of him on television or internet news sites any time soon.

• Love 5

Heh.  I can't imagine Chris being able to articulate a single answer--even a risible one--on the Feud.  So maybe it's best for him that he won't be on it!

And best for us viewers, too. Although I can't say I'm crazy about seeing the people who WILL be on.