Type keyword(s) to search

S18.E12: Can't See the Forest for the Trees

Scarlett45
  • Start Topic

11 hours ago, RazzleberryPie said:

So is Mykelti actually going to a real MD/DO or some hippie trippy self proclaimed pseudo doula? 
I do not believe for one minute that two kids who grew up in large families and LDS - where somebody is always pregnant in their family or their community, had no clue you could get pregnant if you are basically not using birth control of some sort or abstaining. 
I do believe a real doc or nurse might say it is harder to get pregnant while nursing, but not impossible.
i personally experienced docs after twins saying be extra careful unless you want the possibility of four kids under a year old.
She had a single birth first the time, but I know docs, multiple nurses, lactation consultant, family members, people at church, heck random strangers would say oh, so cute, I bet that’s a handful, you know you can get pregnant while nursing, you better be careful. Plus it’s in all the what to expect literature and preached to death on online forums.

If they wanted and expected a big family, I get why they’d not be careful while they had a baby already, so just say wow twins were a happy shock!

I think she told Christine that they would be done after the twins. But no idea if they meant a permanent solution or just using birth control and hoping for no accidents. 

• Like 7
On 11/6/2023 at 2:47 PM, laurakaye said:

And what's with Meri hating circles?  Who hates circles?  Did she have trouble cutting a circle with her safety scissors in kindergarten or something?

She's "edgy."

• Like 3
  • Applause 1
  • LOL 19
8 hours ago, Natalie68 said:

Does she really have dentures?? 

To be honest, I don't know if she really has dentures. There's a short video from an SW Episode where ist looks like she is fixing her dentures and has a strange expression on her face, she did this a few minutes (saw that video somewhere on reddit). I accidentally caught her doing so on the last episode so I thought maybe the rumors are true. 

• Like 6
8 hours ago, 65mickey said:

You must be confusing Savanah with someone else. Savanah was almost 18 when the last show was filmed. Janelle said he takes her to dinner every couple of weeks. I assume he talks to her when they go to dinner. But that doesn't earn him father of the year. 

He probably grills her about her mom and if Christine has been around? Takes her for dinner to get information from her.

And if Robyn does have dentures, does she not know they have glue that makes them adhere to your mouth? 

Nothing surprises me with this family and the amount of things they don't know.

Edited by toodywoody
  • Like 7
  • Love 1
22 hours ago, Kellyee said:

I don't judge Mykelti for her relationship with Kody and Robyn. We don't know the whole story and never will. Christine benefits from both a great edit and how awful Kody and Robyn appear on camera by comparison, but we don't know everything that went on between Mykelti and Christine. 

I agree.  I try really hard not to judge her too much.  She was always such an awkward child.  She seems perpetually immature.  She's really just a little girl chasing after her father to try to get his attention. She never will of course.

Still...she is so irritating.

• Like 11
  • LOL 2

I agree.  I try really hard not to judge her too much.  She was always such an awkward child.  She seems perpetually immature.  She's really just a little girl chasing after her father to try to get his attention. She never will of course.

Still...she is so irritating.

Mykelti actually reminds me a lot of Christine with her mannerisms and immaturity. And the over the top-ness when she interacts. 

• Like 10
  • Applause 1
  • Useful 1

22 hours ago, laurakaye said:

This, 1000%.  And deep down, in his own stupid way, he was probably hoping for another place where he could run away and hide when he felt the need to escape the Dark Queen and her flying monkeys for a little while.  Now, he's well and truly stuck.  And I love it.

I think he is also looking for places to store some of his shit. He seemed super excited about a large-ish closet that looked to be close to the front door. Janelle told him it was for the washer and dryer and he seemed a bit crestfallen. LOL!

• Like 4
  • Useful 1
  • LOL 14
18 hours ago, 65mickey said:

You must be confusing Savanah with someone else. Savanah was almost 18 when the last show was filmed. Janelle said he takes her to dinner every couple of weeks. I assume he talks to her when they go to dinner. But that doesn't earn him father of the year. 

I was being sarcastic.  

• Like 3
  • LOL 3
On 11/7/2023 at 1:41 PM, laurakaye said:

This, 1000%.  And deep down, in his own stupid way, he was probably hoping for another place where he could run away and hide when he felt the need to escape the Dark Queen and her flying monkeys for a little while.  Now, he's well and truly stuck.  And I love it.

Plus we all know Kody cares deeply about a shower and Janelle's main bath looked nice. He wants the space to pamper himself and get away from the noise of the chicken tenders (really just Ari. Sol seems so quiet.) He thought for a second that he'd found it. Janelle didn't budge though and it was delightful.

• Like 21
  • LOL 1
3 hours ago, islandgal140 said:

I think he is also looking for places to store some of his shit. He seemed super excited about a large-ish closet that looked to be close to the front door. Janelle told him it was for the washer and dryer and he seemed a bit crestfallen. LOL!

He's going to need his barndominium to store everything now that the OG wives made him take his shit back from their homes. Janelle is certainly not letting that crap back into her sanctuary.

• Like 15
2 hours ago, altopower said:

He's going to need his barndominium to store everything now that the OG wives made him take his shit back from their homes. Janelle is certainly not letting that crap back into her sanctuary.

Well now he doesn’t need 4 of everything. He can get rid of some of it

• Like 8
  • Applause 3
  • LOL 1
4 hours ago, vibeology said:

He wants the space to pamper himself and get away from the noise of the chicken tenders (really just Ari. Sol seems so quiet.) 

YES. If he thought Christine’s kids were loud and wild, Ari blows them out of the water. His mode for the OG kids was run to another wife when there’s a problem you don’t want to address, so what’s ge going to do when he only has Robyns house? 

• Like 16
  • LOL 1
35 minutes ago, RazzleberryPie said:

YES. If he thought Christine’s kids were loud and wild, Ari blows them out of the water. His mode for the OG kids was run to another wife when there’s a problem you don’t want to address, so what’s ge going to do when he only has Robyns house? 

That’s his problem now!

• Like 4
  • Applause 2
  • LOL 5
  • Love 1
On 11/6/2023 at 6:31 AM, Shelbie said:

I enjoy watching how lighter the original three are.

They make their own decisions about their lives without a single thought of how Kody and Robyn feel. No more dancing around the whims and promises and idiotic pronouncements of people they have no fondness or respect for.
Christine has a party and  invites who she likes. Janelle chooses an apartment she loves without caring in the slightest what Kody thinks. Meri spends her money and time on what she wants. They have all earned the right to choose for themselves how to spend the rest of their lives.

And while it's a great thing for all of the OG3, it's what the rest of us call "living your life," and really is not great TV fodder.

Laughed and laughed at Kody's realization that Janelle couldn't care less about his opinion about her new digs and that she is fully aware he really doesn't care much about her either. The stilted conversation "wow. Your countertops are two different colors. Wonder why?" "the sink is deeper here." "They are ok with me hanging art." Zzzzzzzz. Noticed that Janelle said Kody asked her if he could see the new place and Kody says "I don't know why Janelle invited me over here..." And his oh-so-sad realization that he won't be washing any dishes over there.  Poor, poor Kody.

I really don't need to hear Christine go on and on about how much she LOVES being single. Her breathy flashbacks about pining for Utah ("we can be hooome. We can be hooome..." 

Meri needs story lines so we are supposed to be enthralled by her designer pal (she vets her online relationships VERY carefully, y'all), her rabid hate of white countertops and "circles," and silly Jen, ever present for every burp and fart in Meri's life- which, she points out- she is NOT sharing with other family members because none of them care. And the tree metaphor- so deep.

Robyn is sad they weren't invited to Christine's party? Robyn wishes she and Meri had a "lighter" relationship? Really Robyn? Are we supposed to buy any of that?

Reality TV seems to rely heavily on a few things of late: many, many flashbacks; random stock scenery of the towns the participants live in; and lots of stupid parties. Honestly, not every event in one's life needs a themed party. This is getting to be to Housewives level- 50s party, white party, themed dinners, vow renewals, etc etc etc. I don't know anyone who lives like that. I'm exhausted by proxy.

• Like 8
  • Applause 6
  • Love 3
On 11/6/2023 at 5:20 AM, Art Of Noiz said:

I liked this episode. Not huge drama, but f-in Mykelti. Told Robyn first, then jumps in front of Christine At. Her. Bday. Party. to announce her pregnancy. 

Hmm... sounds familiar, doesn't it? Something about jumping in front of bride-to-be Maddie to announce her wedding, then throw a toddler tantrum because the family wasn't cooperating with a speedy wedding right after Maddie's, and then getting angry again because she felt that Maddie got too much attention. 

She always seemed an attention seeker, but cleverly hid it behind a facade of the neglected child that was constantly passed over.

• Like 19
22 hours ago, Kellyee said:

Mykelti actually reminds me a lot of Christine with her mannerisms and immaturity. And the over the top-ness when she interacts. 

14 hours ago, LilyD said:

She always seemed an attention seeker, but cleverly hid it behind a facade of the neglected child that was constantly passed over.

Mykelti is the perfect combination of Christine's breathy immaturity and Kody's raging narcissism, so declaring her own personal announcements during anyone else's moment seems par for the course for her.

• Like 19
  • Love 2

I’m not a MyKelti fan because she is ignoring  her Mom’s hurt at her obvious infatuation with Robyn.  And Robyn doesn’t really give two cents about MyKelti other than to gloat about it.  

However, I‘m not sure that MyKelti’s  announcement at the party wasn’t sanctioned by Christine. There was a scene prior to the party in which they were discussing that Janelle and her kids etc were coming and that they were going to tell them about the twins.   The question is when MyKelti was supposed to announce it - outside as she did during filming or after everyone had gone inside and the cake had been eaten. Did she jump the gun- possibly. However Christine is 50, not 5.  Surely she can share being the center of attention with her daughter.   It’s a birthday party, not a wedding or a graduation from med school etc. 

Edited by mythoughtis
  • Like 18

I think Christine is choosing her battles. If she makes any comment besides she’s thrilled, which I think she is, Mykelti, kody and Robyn will jump on the “Christine if a terrible person” bandwagon. Christine can live her daughter and also be fully aware that Mykelti is playing both sides of the fence and stirring the pot as much as she can. Better to not engage and move on with the day.

• Like 18
3 minutes ago, RazzleberryPie said:

I think Christine is choosing her battles. If she makes any comment besides she’s thrilled, which I think she is, Mykelti, kody and Robyn will jump on the “Christine if a terrible person” bandwagon. Christine can live her daughter and also be fully aware that Mykelti is playing both sides of the fence and stirring the pot as much as she can. Better to not engage and move on with the day.

If I were Christine, I would not be able to control myself. 

Off camera I would get Mykelti aside to ask what possible "help" could Robyn supply that I could not. 

• Like 7
  • Love 4
2 hours ago, Sandy W said:

If I were Christine, I would not be able to control myself. 

Off camera I would get Mykelti aside to ask what possible "help" could Robyn supply that I could not. 

I understand where you're coming from, but my guess is Mykelti's behavior rolls off Christine's back because she has so many other, more "loyal" (for lack of a better word) children.

• Like 11
10 minutes ago, Teafortwo said:

I understand where you're coming from, but my guess is Mykelti's behavior rolls off Christine's back because she has so many other, more "loyal" (for lack of a better word) children.

Difficult for me to grasp and I see your point.  I only had 3 kids (1 daughter) and the family dynamics would be entirely different.

• Like 7

I don't think Meri has a circle phobia.  She's right that squared shapes are more efficient for storage so she prefers them.  Many people prefer straight rather than curved edges.  That she also likes the steam punk look means she has some tolerance of circles, she just doesn't want them everywhere.

• Like 8
  • Useful 4

I agree square storage things make better use of space ... but unless I missed something, Meri was talking about not wanting a round light fixture when she was complaining about circles.  

They showed her a page full of what looked like exterior light fixtures and she was all bent out of shape about the suggestion of what I would refer to as a  "hanging barn light" ... she preferred a lantern shaped light. Which is fine, but I dont't understand why she had to go off about all things circular.  Just say you like the other light better!  

She was just being precious, I think.  And no way does she have circle phobia, officially knows as "trypophobia."  Because I DO!!!!  And it is clusters of circles that are disturbing, not just one round light fixture. 

If one circle was all it took to make me cringe and gag, I'd never be able to leave the house!

• Like 10
  • Applause 1

Truly is the last of the original 13 who is still a minor. It’s amazing Kody managed to work up enough enthusiasm to create her. He already couldn’t stand Christine at that point. I think his world view is Robyn, her dysfunctional kids….and oh yeah that other one.

• Like 7
On 11/6/2023 at 12:09 PM, Dobian said:

Now Janelle has a new apartment.  Has anyone counted all the different places they have all lived in over the years?  That would be an interesting statistic.  Another would be how many family meetings have they had sitting in folding chairs and on park benches in the woods?

We started out the season with Janelle just moving into that sad, tiny little apartment with the sad tiny Christmas tree.  Was she there even 6 months?  Big upgrade to her spiffy new digs, but yes, it's dizzying keeping up with all their comings and goings. 

And yes, it was ridiculous for Robyn to expect to be invited to Christine's party.  Why?  Just, why?  She will do and say anything to try to manipulate people to feel sorry for her.  It's beyond embarrassing. 

I just love it that we see the OG3 living their best lives, then a TH of the miserable lovers. 

• Like 12
  • Love 3

here it is Sunday again and I only just got a chance to watch this episode.  I only have 2 thoughts.  First is that I think Janelle looked horrid in that dress!  The polka dot green dress that both Mykelti and Janelle's sister wore were much prettier.  Next, there is no doctor on the face of the earth who would tell ANYBODY they needed help to conceive twins.  

• Like 6
1 hour ago, Granny58 said:

here it is Sunday again and I only just got a chance to watch this episode.  I only have 2 thoughts.  First is that I think Janelle looked horrid in that dress!  The polka dot green dress that both Mykelti and Janelle's sister wore were much prettier.  Next, there is no doctor on the face of the earth who would tell ANYBODY they needed help to conceive twins.  

Stuff like that is what is making me dislike tony   I have super sperm !

• Like 2
  • LOL 8

Mykelti's lame excuse was that Christine never had morning sickness so she went to Crybrows because she did! She got called out on it a stammered out the first thing she could think of...

I can't imagine Christine never having had morning sickness. But even if true, she was around 2 other women, one with multiple pregnancies.  I'm sure they had periods of morning sickness and all would have shared ways to control it with each other. 

• Like 10
1 hour ago, Gramto6 said:

Mykelti's lame excuse was that Christine never had morning sickness so she went to Crybrows because she did! She got called out on it a stammered out the first thing she could think of...

I can't imagine Christine never having had morning sickness. But even if true, she was around 2 other women, one with multiple pregnancies.  I'm sure they had periods of morning sickness and all would have shared ways to control it with each other. 

Plus, you know, the entire internet, endless popular media depictions of nauseated pregnant women eating saltines, etc...

• LOL 11

I don't really think there's anything wrong with Mykelti telling Robyn and Kody before she told Christine. I'm not saying it wouldn't prick at my feelings a little, were I in Christine's shoes, but I don't think Mykelti did anything wrong.

When your parents are divorced, you're usually going to tell one parent something, before you tell the other parent, because of the very fact that they are not together. Besides, these kids were raised to treat all the wives as their "moms." In adulthood, Mykelti has chosen to go no-contact with Meri, but she is close to Robyn.

Also, they knew they'd be recording the ultrasound reveal to Christine. I can see keeping the twin news a secret until that time. 

• Like 1
On 11/6/2023 at 1:29 AM, TexasTiffany said:

The take away from this is Christine and Janelle are going to be sisters all their lives. These two were the life of the family. Where they go, the show goes. They get the good edit. Christine has a new life she never imagined for herself. Janelle is at Christine's party and is literally beaming with a glow she's never had around Kody. They are like two brand new people. 

I want Janelle to stop talking about building on Coyote Pass. Kody isn't going to spend any money on you, Janelle. They took the family money and spent it on artwork, collectibles, and whatever else Robyn and Kody wanted. They've been calculating and manipulative for years. You got cheated, Janelle. I hope the only reason she brings up building a house there is to stick a fork in Kody's plan of having it all to himself.  

I do like that the producers show the lies from Kody/Robyn. Kody says he's trying to reconcile with Janelle. Janelle confirms that Kody hasn't made any effort to reconcile and adds that she doesn't care. Robyn says she's reached out to Meri. Meri says Robyn didn't call her for weeks. Robyn says Christine didn't invite them to her birthday party and expects us to sympathize with her. Looks like the show is preparing to dump Kody and Robyn.

Kody and Robyn contribute nothing to the show. They are a sucking black hole of misery. Kody is a detestable despicable human being. He has no love for his children at all. What an A-hole. Here's some toilet paper to wipe him off our screens.

Charmin 1.jpg

I'm glad you chose Ultra Strong so every trace of him will be wiped clean!! 

• LOL 6