Type keyword(s) to search

S18.E12: Can't See the Forest for the Trees

Scarlett45
  • Start Topic

On 11/14/2023 at 7:08 PM, General Days said:

I don't really think there's anything wrong with Mykelti telling Robyn and Kody before she told Christine. I'm not saying it wouldn't prick at my feelings a little, were I in Christine's shoes, but I don't think Mykelti did anything wrong.

When your parents are divorced, you're usually going to tell one parent something, before you tell the other parent, because of the very fact that they are not together. Besides, these kids were raised to treat all the wives as their "moms." In adulthood, Mykelti has chosen to go no-contact with Meri, but she is close to Robyn.

Also, they knew they'd be recording the ultrasound reveal to Christine. I can see keeping the twin news a secret until that time. 

I agree with you.  Mykelti is trying to remain close to both parents (not going into her motives here, but many of you have great theories), so Christine is appearing to be understanding that sometimes she may receive  news first, other times Kody will.  

I also was okay with Mykelti doing the twins announcement at Christine's 50th party- because I think Christine, being the grandma, was overjoyed about the news and thought it would be a perfect time. It was also, in a way, her announcement, that she is going to be a grandma again. As long as Christine was front and center for most of the party, I think it was fine.

Now I'd better go before I get accused of being a Mykelti stan.  ;)

• Like 8
  • LOL 4
On 11/5/2023 at 11:20 PM, Art Of Noiz said:

I liked this episode. Not huge drama, but f-in Mykelti. Told Robyn first, then jumps in front of Christine At. Her. Bday. Party. to announce her pregnancy. 

Just rewatched this last night. I thought that was so strange. Like she had to make herself the center of attention at her mother's birthday party.

• Like 6
  • Love 1
On 12/30/2023 at 4:30 PM, applewood said:

Just rewatched this last night. I thought that was so strange. Like she had to make herself the center of attention at her mother's birthday party.

Kody + Christine = Mykelti

• Applause 1
  • LOL 8