Type keyword(s) to search

S18.E12: Can't See the Forest for the Trees

Scarlett45
  • Start Topic

20 minutes ago, magemaud said:

I always think he looks like he’s cosplaying one of the Three Musketeers 

When I read your comment my brain substituted The Three Stooges. If the guy with the curly hair and the guy with the bowl haircut had a baby........

• Like 2
  • LOL 18
23 minutes ago, UsernameFatigue said:

When I read your comment my brain substituted The Three Stooges. If the guy with the curly hair and the guy with the bowl haircut had a baby........

Get ready for fraternal twins. 

larry-moe.gif

Edited by TexasTiffany
  • Fire 2
  • LOL 16
3 hours ago, magemaud said:

I always think he looks like he’s cosplaying one of the Three Musketeers 

She’s just trying to sound quirky and funny but it’s a pretty stupid comment 

There are people who actually have phobias about holes and circles.  I never knew Mary had this condition.  Funny it was never mentioned on the show.  I would think that would be something the producers would use.  I think this was just her way to get attention.

• Like 7
  • Mind Blown 1
5 hours ago, islandgal140 said:

This was a big WTF! moment to me but I did catch something subtle. Mykelti said she told them 1st and I quote "because I needed help" followed by an awkward laugh.  I translated that to mean $$$$ 'cause let's face it, it for damn sure ain't for child care/babysitting.  The sleep in queen Robyn can't watch her own kids, plus they live hundreds of miles away so it must be financial. Mykelti and Tony are sucking up for that filthy lucre.  What do her and Tony do for a living anyway?!?!

She did tack on another explanation re: morning sickness but that struck me as in addition to needing the other kind of help. YMMV.

WTH does the carriage house need a kitchenette with a huge island w/quartz counters if it is mostly for her clothing business? Seems like that would take up more space and not add enough storage as opposed to setting it up as, oh I don't know, a retail shop w/warehouse storage capabilities. It seems to me she needs a nice customer facing area for online sales and the rest should be dedicated to storage. 

Party was cute! Janelle looked amazing in green.  Aspyn and Ysabel have such gorgeous hair! 

Why did she need the wet bar in their Las Vegas house?  Mary seems to have a thing about counters.

• Like 10
3 hours ago, RoxiP said:

Meri did also explain that circles take up more room than (presumably) rectangles or squares.  Not saying it makes sense...

Maybe she means it like when you roll out cookies or biscuit dough and there's lots of waste between circles but squares and rectangles nest together? 

• Like 15
9 minutes ago, Meow Mix said:

Maybe I missed something, but I never understood why Kody decided he wasn't welcome at Janelle's new apartment.  Was it just because she chose it without him?  He never lived with her in the other apartment, so I have no idea what he was talking about there. 

He hasn’t been involved in her home choices for some time - the RV, the small apartment, this apartment. In addition - they are separated, never legally married- why would  she ask for his input?  It is no different than any divorced dad walking into his ex-wife’s apartment to visit his child.  He felt like he wasn’t welcome because he couldn’t keep the conversation going.  He had nothing to talk about other than his 24/7 life with Robyn.   So it was all awkward silence until they’d completed the required filming time 

You would think that since they share six children and two grandchildren ( at the time) that there would be plenty to discuss.  If he was at all interested that is. If my children were estranged, I’d be begging for any news of them I could get. 

Edited by mythoughtis
  • Like 18
  • Applause 2
58 minutes ago, mythoughtis said:

He hasn’t been involved in her home choices for some time - the RV, the small apartment, this apartment. In addition - they are separated, never legally married- why would  she ask for his input?  It is no different than any divorced dad walking into his ex-wife’s apartment to visit his child.  He felt like he wasn’t welcome because he couldn’t keep the conversation going.  He had nothing to talk about other than his 24/7 life with Robyn.   So it was all awkward silence until they’d completed the required filming time 

You would think that since they share six children and two grandchildren ( at the time) that there would be plenty to discuss.  If he was at all interested that is. If my children were estranged, I’d be begging for any news of them I could get. 

Didn’t he claim to be there to hang art?  That never happened.  I think he was jealous that Janelle had a nice place.

• Like 13
  • Love 1
13 hours ago, laurakaye said:

I have to do a mini-recap of this episode.  I can't help myself.

Christine is 50!  Party!  Oh, what fun!!  50's theme!  Food truck, all the people, even Eeyore Janelle dressed up!  Hugs!  Twins, OMG, Janelle cried, two cakes you guys, one has booze!  One doesn't!  HAHA!  Wow, Janelle had the boozy one and Christine had both, yay!!  Fun!

(record scratch --- sad trombone plays a "WAH-Wah-wah" sound)

Robyn, donning a jewel-toned polyester blouse with a mismatched Pepto-pink cardigan over it, frowns with her eyebrows and says, sadly, we weren't invited.  To the party.  (shrug) So.....yeah.  It's sad.  Robyn's eyebrows begin to dry-cry.  'Cause she's sad.  Sadly.

Meri!  Parowan!  Carriage house!  OMG it's the famous Blair Michael - he is going to design the carriage house in a steampunk fashion but wait!  We have to wait for JustJen because Meri can't do anything without JustJen!  Giggle giggle Blair wants white counters but Meri hates that idea and also hates circles, hahaha!  OMG, these three - they are having a blast together!  What frivolity!

WAH-Wah-Wah............

Robyn's frown touches the base of her chin as she sadly informs us that all she wants is to have the relationship with Meri like she has with JustJen.  But alas, 'tis not to be.  Robyn does not know why.  Sadly.  So sad.  It's very sad.  (shrug)

Meri mentions the CATFISH (did we all bring our beverages?  If so, DRINK!!)  Calls the catfisher - and I quote - "a big fat liar."  Oooooh!  Burn!!  

Segue to the portion of the episode subtitled "A Room of One's Own" because Janelle, Christine and Meri all discuss how absolutely lovely it is to have their own space away from Kody.  Christine can't stand how freaking great it is, Janelle doesn't even want Kody to bring his man-cooties over to her shiny new apartment and Meri tells us that no one in the family knows about her fantastic secret fun carriage house project.  Also, no one cares.

Kody stops over at Janelle's and pronounces her new place "cool, awesome, cool, awesome, awesome and cool."  Once again he forgets that he has a daughter named Sarah Sally Savanah, mentioning that there's no need for him to ever come over to an apartment where he is clearly not welcome....oh, except that he and Janelle share a kid who lives there.  Oopsy.

TREES!  Trees!  We have a tree flashback, this is not a drill!  Flash forward to Meri being sad that she has to remove trees from the B&B.  But chopping down those trees wasn't as bad as she thought it would be...heavy metaphor for her pretend relationship with Kody.  In her final thoughts, she says "SCREW HIM."

DRINK!

/salut

BEST recap I've ever read!! Bravo!! Saved me from having to actually watch this dribble. :) p

• Thanks 1
  • LOL 10
  • Love 2
2 hours ago, Meow Mix said:

Maybe I missed something, but I never understood why Kody decided he wasn't welcome at Janelle's new apartment.

He’s making an excuse, simply  because he doesn’t WANT to go there! 

• Like 10
  • Applause 1
  • Love 4
8 hours ago, Joan of Argh said:

I’m wondering if Meri is putting a kitchenette into the carriage house because she plans on living in it when she’s in Parawon… it has an upstairs loft that would make a good bedroom.

Meri needs to tell "barndominium" Kootie that she can throw him away put him up in the loft of the carriage house if he's ever passing through town.  

He's the Anti-Parowan of Virtue (pun intended)

• Like 2
  • LOL 9

I caught Robyn fixing her dentures again while talking to Meri about her "downsizing".

A few more thoughts on that episode:

Mykelti's doctors are morons. According to Tony, they told her she couldn't get pregnant while she's breastfeeding. Really? And if you believed that, Tony and Mykelti, you're morons too. (Not that I didn't knew that before)

Kody talks to Savanah as if she were a 8 year old: "Do you like the apartment?" "Do you like the apartment a lot?" "Do you like it better than the last one?" "Better than the RV?" FFS, Kody, Savanah isn't Ari!

And who was Kody trying to when he said he was living with Janelle in her old apartment, like we all didn't watch him when he was bitching about the tiny place and how he couldn't read in the bed because the nightstand was too tall for his reading lamp? Hi didn't do the dishes then, and he won't do the dishes now, no matter how deep the new sink is. 

And Robyn, you need to STFU. If you really cared for Meri and her friendship, you should have called her more often and invite her for christmas, don't you think? I can't believe how incredible stupid this woman is. Does she not see herself on tv? 

Janelle seemed overall really annoyed with Kody, and I really hope she will leave for good,

and I liked Meri saying: "Listen, you all did see me when we were building the Vegas house". At least she know she's a control freak 😉

Rob.jpg

• Like 11
  • LOL 4
  • Love 2
1 hour ago, Elodia said:

Mykelti's doctors are morons. According to Tony, they told her she couldn't get pregnant while she's breastfeeding.

I call total BS on that one. Every obstetrician on the planet has had patients that got pregnant while nursing.  FT is as much as of a liar as Kootie and Sobbyn. Maybe that's why Mykelti hangs with them.  Birds of a feather.

• Like 15
  • Useful 1
  • Love 2

Robyn’s hair color was awful  and her habit of saying I’m not jealous or I don’t care when clearly she is and does.  If you wanted that kind of relationship with meri, YOU have to put some work in it 

and kootie head admitting he is boring if he can’t talk about his wonderful life wit his perfect family 

• Like 10
  • LOL 1

So is Mykelti actually going to a real MD/DO or some hippie trippy self proclaimed pseudo doula? 
I do not believe for one minute that two kids who grew up in large families and LDS - where somebody is always pregnant in their family or their community, had no clue you could get pregnant if you are basically not using birth control of some sort or abstaining. 
I do believe a real doc or nurse might say it is harder to get pregnant while nursing, but not impossible.
i personally experienced docs after twins saying be extra careful unless you want the possibility of four kids under a year old.
She had a single birth first the time, but I know docs, multiple nurses, lactation consultant, family members, people at church, heck random strangers would say oh, so cute, I bet that’s a handful, you know you can get pregnant while nursing, you better be careful. Plus it’s in all the what to expect literature and preached to death on online forums.

If they wanted and expected a big family, I get why they’d not be careful while they had a baby already, so just say wow twins were a happy shock!

• Like 11
10 hours ago, magemaud said:

He’s making an excuse, simply  because he doesn’t WANT to go there! 

It helps him feel like more of a victim if he can blame Janelle for not feeling welcome. 

• Like 12
  • Applause 4
  • Love 3
17 hours ago, TexasTiffany said:

Why tell Robyn first? Christine is her real mom and been there for her. Does she have something against Christine? She did keep trying to make her mom's bday party about her rather than celebrating her mom more. 

I think she did it to keep her standing as Favorite Daughter to Kody (aside from Robyn's spawn, of course).  Mykelti's claim to fame is as the "family bridge" or whatever nonsense they spout.  By telling Robyn first, Mykelti gains bonus points from Kody.  I have no idea what that throwaway line from Mykelti was regarding that she told Robyn first because she "needed help" - needed morning sickness advice from Robyn?  That's the supposed reason?  That's complete BS.  Mykelti and Robyn are two manipulative peas in a pod.

11 hours ago, Orcinus orca said:

Mykelti is as calculating as Sobbyn which is probably why they get along.  And way to take over her mother's party.  She's not having quintuplets; twins are hardly a rare occurrence.

This.  

I have to remind myself that Mykelti was the designated Brown family "problem child" and after spending her life watching her mother dance for Kody's breadcrumbs, she's now doing the exact same thing.  Christine can probably never admit that Mykelti telling Robyn first hurt her deeply, but she probably also knows that there's no point in bringing it up to Mykelti.  But my gosh, how disgusting are the dynamics in this family that with anything regarding Mykelti, Christine has to invite the Dark Queen - the same person that blames Christine for everything wrong in their family - and pretend that she's okay with it, just because Mykelti decided to cozy up to her?  It's really very twisted.  Not saying Mykelti needs to choose a side necessarily, but it's got to be freaking exhausting dealing with so many manipulative personalities in one family...you never know who is going to use what thing against you some day.  

• Like 19
  • Applause 3
  • Love 2
4 hours ago, Elodia said:

I caught Robyn fixing her dentures again while talking to Meri about her "downsizing".

Is this a joke or true? If true, not to be crass but, this could be part of the reason that Robyn is Kody's favorite "pencil sharpener." LOL!

13 hours ago, mythoughtis said:

He had nothing to talk about other than his 24/7 life with Robyn.   So it was all awkward silence until they’d completed the required filming time 

Half of his kids w/Janelle he isn't speaking to - Maddie, Gabe and Garrison. Hunter and Logan seem to want no parts of the show and frankly they both have BDE (big dick energy) and I bet Kody grudgingly respects them and their boundaries. The only one really left is Savannah who he only just recently took off his ignore list. 

• Like 2
  • Love 4
43 minutes ago, islandgal140 said:

Half of his kids w/Janelle he isn't speaking to - Maddie, Gabe and Garrison

That’s my point.  They aren’t talking so why isn’t he asking Janelle how they are? Gabriel and Garrison are actively on the show and Maddie’s issues with him were shown last week.  These are kids he could ask about during filming and he doesn’t.  Again- if my child wasn’t speaking to me, I’d be asking for news tidbits whenever I could.  Are they ok?    What’s going on in their lives?  Got any pictures of our grandkids?  

• Like 15
6 minutes ago, mythoughtis said:

They aren’t talking so why isn’t he asking Janelle how they are? Gabriel and Garrison are actively on the show and Maddie’s issues with him were shown last week.  These are kids he could ask about during filming and he doesn’t.  

Because Kody only cares about Kody and then the loyal love of his life Crybrows and her children. Janelle's children except for Savannah are out and on their own; maybe she is, too, by this time since the show is so far behind. I don't think Kody is very interested in people over than 12 anyway, and if he can't see them, they practically don't exist in his mind. Hence no need to remember them on birthdays and holidays. And why he waits for them to contact HIM if interested, which they're not. 

This family is just so screwed up.

• Like 6
  • Applause 4
  • Love 3
2 hours ago, islandgal140 said:

Is this a joke or true? If true, not to be crass but, this could be part of the reason that Robyn is Kody's favorite "pencil sharpener." LOL!

Half of his kids w/Janelle he isn't speaking to - Maddie, Gabe and Garrison. Hunter and Logan seem to want no parts of the show and frankly they both have BDE (big dick energy) and I bet Kody grudgingly respects them and their boundaries. The only one really left is Savannah who he only just recently took off his ignore list. 

Your first thought was my first thought.  Are we terrible for thinking that?  😜

• Like 1
  • LOL 6
15 hours ago, ButterQueen said:

Didn’t he claim to be there to hang art?  That never happened.  I think he was jealous that Janelle had a nice place.

He was all excited at first bc the new place met his standards.  But then as the time went by and she never said "So yeah, you can put your reading lamp there and your smoothie maker here..."  he got the picture.  She chose the place for HERSELF and not to please HIM and she (still) didn't want him back. So he shut down. If its not about him, he doesn't give a shit. 

• Like 10
  • Applause 7
  • Love 1
15 hours ago, Orcinus orca said:

What, they don't have phones in Utah or wherever they live?  They had to drive all the way to Flagstaff to ask about soda crackers?  What a load of BS.

No kidding!  Or Internet access?  How hard would anyone have to look online to find remedies for morning sickness (and btw, of course Robyn had morning sickness! Probably the worst in the history of humankind, requiring Kody's 24/7 presence to hold back her hair while she puked).  And same with the possibility of pregnancy while nursing.  Information available at the touch of a keyboard.  Tony couldn't take five minutes from his online gaming to do a quick google search?  These two are not the sharpest tools in the shed.  And before their backed up septic tank floods their basement floor, hopefully they can drive to the next state to get advice about cleaning clogged hair from their drains.  Yuck!  The imagined visual of their sinks and showers is nauseating.

• Like 8
  • LOL 3

I'm glad that Meri is starting to see that she can be okay and happy without clinging to people who obviously don't want or care about her. I hope she continues on that path. I am liking her more and more. I didn't mind her two friends. I'm thrilled she wasn't pathetically trying to involve Robyn in her renovation. The tree analogy was a bit odd, but I got what she was trying to say. 

If Robyn wanted a closer relationship with Meri, maybe she should have invited her to Easter. 

I love watching Janelle treat Kody the exact same way that Kody treats Meri. He needs a dose of his own medicine. 

I don't judge Mykelti for her relationship with Kody and Robyn. We don't know the whole story and never will. Christine benefits from both a great edit and how awful Kody and Robyn appear on camera by comparison, but we don't know everything that went on between Mykelti and Christine. 

• Like 5
  • Love 1
1 hour ago, MamaMax said:

He was all excited at first bc the new place met his standards.  But then as the time went by and she never said "So yeah, you can put your reading lamp there and your smoothie maker here..."  he got the picture.  She chose the place for HERSELF and not to please HIM and she (still) didn't want him back. So he shut down. If its not about him, he doesn't give a shit. 

This, 1000%.  And deep down, in his own stupid way, he was probably hoping for another place where he could run away and hide when he felt the need to escape the Dark Queen and her flying monkeys for a little while.  Now, he's well and truly stuck.  And I love it.

• Like 17
  • Love 1
On 11/6/2023 at 8:31 AM, Twopper said:

I think “safe” often means something along the lines of “makes me feel good/better about myself” when they use it about themselves. 
in the case of Mykelti, I think Robyn is implying that Mykelti was willing to make Robyn feel good about herself by telling her the news ahead of Christine. 
Defining “safe” with this crew is futile as it a moving target depending on who is using it. 

I think when Sobbyn says shitnlike that she's just trying to get one up in Christine. Oh Christine's on child told us before her! Because she felt SAFE with us (and not Christine). Mykelti is a bitch and I could never see her again or her hubby who looks like he crawled out of a dumpster, and I'd be just fine. Just fine.

• Like 12
  • Applause 3
  • LOL 1

I was half expecting that Tony would demand that the food truck better be a taco truck and be prepared to serve 10 tacos per person. But then again his family and neighbors weren't invited. And he couldn't figure how to tie tacos to a 50's theme party.

• Like 2
  • LOL 9

I 100% think that Mykylyty and Tony called Kody first bc they wanted to monetize the twins announcement. Only reason.

"she was nursing" = we didn't use birth control but don't want to cop to being lazy/sloppy. I know a couple of people who claimed publicly that their BC failed when the truth was they weren't using any but didn't want to admit it. 

• Like 7
  • Useful 6
On 11/6/2023 at 9:23 AM, laurakaye said:

was none other than a 6 or possibly 7 year old Arabellibloia, handing him nails and sucking on a pacifier.  I had to pause my screen to make sure I was seeing what I thought I was seeing.  WTF is

I had tor rewind  too because I thought I was seeing things.  I was like ,  😲....why does a 7 yr old have a pacifier?  That's some strange parenting from Robyn.  She must cater to her kids.  That's sad.  And not healthy for the kids,  anyhow, That's all I got out of this episode.   SSDD

There's some hilarious comments on here!   You guys are so good! 🔥  👏🏻👏🏻👏🏻👏🏻👏🏻👏🏻👏🏻👏🏻👏🏻👏🏻

Edited by suev3333
I didn't realize Arielllabella was that old
  • Like 5
  • LOL 4

Regarding Tony's comments about her getting pregnant with the twins....did I hear him right? He said "they better be mine!" I know Mykelti laughed but it seemed rather dumb to outburst that on TV, even if it was a stupid joke. He does mumble, so he may have said something else???

• Mind Blown 5
12 hours ago, Elodia said:

A few more thoughts on that episode:

Mykelti's doctors are morons. According to Tony, they told her she couldn't get pregnant while she's breastfeeding. Really? And if you believed that, Tony and Mykelti, you're morons too. (Not that I didn't knew that before)

Kody talks to Savanah as if she were a 8 year old: "Do you like the apartment?" "Do you like the apartment a lot?" "Do you like it better than the last one?" "Better than the RV?" FFS, Kody, Savanah isn't Ari!

And who was Kody trying to when he said he was living with Janelle in her old apartment, like we all didn't watch him when he was bitching about the tiny place and how he couldn't read in the bed because the nightstand was too tall for his reading lamp? Hi didn't do the dishes then, and he won't do the dishes now, no matter how deep the new sink is. 

And Robyn, you need to STFU. If you really cared for Meri and her friendship, you should have called her more often and invite her for christmas, don't you think? I can't believe how incredible stupid this woman is. Does she not see herself on tv? 

Janelle seemed overall really annoyed with Kody, and I really hope she will leave for good,

and I liked Meri saying: "Listen, you all did see me when we were building the Vegas house". At least she know she's a control freak 😉

Rob.jpg

Does she really have dentures??  Honestly, last time he spoke to Savannah probably was when she was 8.

• Like 3
5 minutes ago, Calibabydolly said:

Regarding Tony's comments about her getting pregnant with the twins....did I hear him right? He said "they better be mine!" I know Mykelti laughed but it seemed rather dumb to outburst that on TV, even if it was a stupid joke. He does mumble, so he may have said something else???

That is what I heard.  I think he is an idiot and whoever mentioned he looks like he escaped out of a dumpster is correct. 

• Like 6
  • LOL 4
3 hours ago, ginger90 said:

Tony grew up Catholic. They’re just dopes.

I thought Tony was a banker and left banking to pursue investments?

Looks like he's a stay at home dad and a gamer!

If I walked into my bank and was presented with Tony....I'd take my money and run.  He must have worked for a bank behind the scenes.

• Like 2
  • LOL 7
47 minutes ago, Natalie68 said:

Does she really have dentures??  Honestly, last time he spoke to Savannah probably was when she was 8.

I've read that she does in other posts.  I honestly cannot tell.

???

53 minutes ago, Calibabydolly said:

That's what he said.  It's not the first time Tony's said something stupid.  I'm glad Mykelti found humor in it.  

• Like 9
59 minutes ago, Natalie68 said:

Honestly, last time he spoke to Savannah probably was when she was 8.

You must be confusing Savanah with someone else. Savanah was almost 18 when the last show was filmed. Janelle said he takes her to dinner every couple of weeks. I assume he talks to her when they go to dinner. But that doesn't earn him father of the year. 

• Like 3