Type keyword(s) to search

S16.E11: One on One (Part 1)

Scarlett45
  • Start Topic

2 hours ago, notnowimbusy said:

I think she purposely dressed down, and matronly for the interview.  Her hair was in tight curls - no fluff.  She wanted to look more "religious", and following the "culture" they built.   She has repeatedly said the other wives blame her, so by looking dowdy, and beaten down she conveyed a sense of being beaten down, and oh so worried.   Notice that it is definitely not the same type of clothes/hair she was seen in while out shopping/dining with Kody.  It's all an act.   Victim look.

Totally agree . Playing it up for the court of public opinion. Well sorry we see you Mrs Brown. 

• Useful 1
  • LOL 4
  • Love 15
2 hours ago, notnowimbusy said:

I think she purposely dressed down, and matronly for the interview.  Her hair was in tight curls - no fluff.  She wanted to look more "religious", and following the "culture" they built.   She has repeatedly said the other wives blame her, so by looking dowdy, and beaten down she conveyed a sense of being beaten down, and oh so worried.   Notice that it is definitely not the same type of clothes/hair she was seen in while out shopping/dining with Kody.  It's all an act.   Victim look.

Agreed.  Dowdy during the day, Victoria's Secret at night.  Not buying your act, witch!  🧐

• LOL 9
  • Love 14
2 hours ago, TipseyGirl said:

How about when Kody got in the interviewer's face and demanded she take back the word "abandoned". Damn, he came off scary and totally unhinged. Calm down, asshole.

Then he shouted "She (Meri) was going to leave my ass"! He has anger issues. I bet he gave production a list of things he refused to discuss before airing the tell-all and they went ahead and asked him anyway! 

Shallow note: Meri and Janelle looked really heavy. They have put on some major Covid pounds. I had that same shirt as Robyn back when I worked in the corporate world 20 years ago. Her lips keep getting thinner and thinner and her chin sharper and sharper. 

I still have hope that Janelle will leave the coven. She left a long time ago for 2 whole years then came back. I think it was before Christine. I didn't know that until recently. There is a lot we don't know about The Browns. 

Meri "I was never going to leave". Stop lying, bish. You were so going to leave. 

• LOL 1
  • Love 13
5 hours ago, Pooky said:

Christine is doing her annoying whispering voice and talking in riddles.

She needs to stop that. STAT! Come back to the dark side, Christine, and just lay it all out there like you were doing on the show confessionals. 

• LOL 2
  • Love 19

My opinion is that Meri stays because she thinks she’d be even more alone without the family.  Even though she only sees them at celebrations.  It’s just her.  She’s not that close to Mariah, her own mom is deceased we’ve never heard much about her siblings. 
There’s also the income from the show - as long as that lasts. 

Income and extended family relationships are reasons that many people stay.  It’s probably a lot of the reasons that Christine stayed so long,  However she realized  during covid that the offspring would come to her instead of Kody given Kody’s ultimatum of one or the other. 

Edited by mythoughtis
  • Love 15
4 minutes ago, bichonblitz said:

She needs to stop that. STAT! Come back to the dark side, Christine, and just lay it all out there like you were doing on the show confessionals. 

I don’t know why she does the silly whisper voice.  Maybe it’s a hold out from the “keep sweet” days.  But now that she is charting a new path, she really has an opportunity to be a total BOSS GIRL and make the path clear for her sister wives, her children, and random strangers who may have ever considered this way of life.  Okay, not everyone wants to be a poster child, an example or a leader.  But this could be her chance to say to her aunt and her mom, “I see what you were trying to tell me, and thanks for putting the idea in my head before I was ready that there IS another way.”

I am betting that Kootie is not too thrilled with Christine and Janelle having a close friendship because Christine is showing her a map for how to change her life and be happy and most of all, stick it to Kootie.  I agree with what other posters have said.  He doesn’t want any of the original three, but he prefers for them to stay in these empty set ups and give the illusion that he is satisfying their needs.  Christine blew that facade and his ego by dumping him and so would Janelle.  He will continue to feed off of Meri’s sadness and longing for as long as she lets him, like a succubus.  And all of this, ALL of it will continue to expose Kootie and Sobyn Goblyn for what and who they truly are.

• Love 16
2 hours ago, laurakaye said:

If the interviewer has ever watched this show, she should've just sat back as Sobyn cued up the waterworks and maybe flipped through her notes or played Candy Crush on her phone until Robyn stopped.  The fact that she had to ask an intern to bring Robyn some tissues was so cringe. 

If she'd ever watched the show, she would have asked the intern to bring some glycerin drops (fake tears) that actors use

• LOL 15
  • Love 1
24 minutes ago, laurakaye said:

I am no language expert, but when asked if Meri really did talk to Kody about the catfish (drink!) thing, Meri responded "I thought I did!" but she used that whiny, Meri-ish voice that indicates she's lying big time.  We've all heard that voice before a million times in her confessionals during Catfish-gate when she was pretending she didn't even know what a "catfish" was.  It's as big a dead giveaway as Robyn's fake crying.  Meri is going to lie about her involvement as long as she's still cashing TLC checks, even though every single person who has watched this show for more than 15 minutes knows she's full of crap.

while I can understand why she was vulnerable to the catfish (take a shot LOL), I agree with you here.  

• Love 7
40 minutes ago, Tuxcat said:

Do we need her to admit it to Kody - a man who had already divorced her emotionally and physically years prior to the cat fishing incident? Do we need to give him this win?

Last night both Meri & Kody admitted that they hadn't been intimate in >10 years (what many of us have long suspected), but Meri still gives him the win.  Up until recently she's been flirting with him on camera, pretending all was fine between them.  If she had clearly verbalized that he had already divorced her emotionally and physically years prior to the cat fishing incident, soon after the incident, Mariah, Christine & Janelle would probably have been more understanding. Kootie was already checked out, but he might not been so cruel to her. The fact that they still call each other friends is mind-boggling to me.  "Friends" don't treat people how Kootie has been treating Meri for over a decade.

• Love 24
1 hour ago, bichonblitz said:

I still have hope that Janelle will leave the coven. She left a long time ago for 2 whole years then came back. I think it was before Christine. I didn't know that until recently. There is a lot we don't know about The Browns. 

Taking my reply to the Janelle thread.

• Love 3

I've only watched the first few minutes so far.  But I came here to read everyone's snarky comments about Janelle videotaping herself driving (apparently to the studio) with that one big old pink curler in the front of her hair.  Tacky!!!

But there were no comments in this thread about the curler . . . until now.  LOL.

• LOL 20
  • Love 1

I found it very interesting that at one point Kody mentioned the fact that he has "two other wives", while discussing something about Robyn.  Kody only acknowledges that he has THREE TOTAL WIVES.  I'm wondering if Meri caught that . . .

• Useful 3
  • Love 10

I agree. However, she is robbing herself of the chance to find a loving relationship by staying. That’s sad. 

1 hour ago, mythoughtis said:

My opinion is that Meri stays because she thinks she’d be even more alone without the family.  Even though she only sees them at celebrations.  It’s just her.  She’s not that close to Mariah, her own mom is deceased we’ve never heard much about her siblings. 
There’s also the income from the show - as long as that lasts. 

Income and extended family relationships are reasons that many people stay.  It’s probably a lot of the reasons that Christine stayed so long,  However she realized  during covid that the offspring would come to her instead of Kody given Kody’s ultimatum of one or the other. 

Edited by SongbirdHollow
  • Love 10

@Tuxcat, you make some very good points. When Meri was first exposed by the catfish and when Mariah treated her mother like shit, I certainly had some sympathy for Meri. I really don’t blame her for looking for affection and attention elsewhere. I think Kody treated her and still treats her deplorably. 
While I don’t think Meri should have to wear a scarlet letter nor sackcloth for her actions, I do take issue with her saying she was not going to leave Kody for Sam. She was, or most certainly considered it. I really wish she would stop trying to spin the story that she only wanted friendship from the catfish and only went along with it to “save the family.” Baloney.

She doesn’t have to say anything at all publicly at this point. She could tell the interviewer “no comment”— it’s in the past.

• Useful 1
  • Love 18
5 hours ago, Granny58 said:

OK, I give up with Meri.  He's telling you to your face (and the globe) that he is done with you...but you have hope???  And you stay because it's family?  Well, plenty of people get divorced but are still part of a family.  If the family members really want to be part of your life, they will be.   Meri, move on.  

I agree Meri should move on, but I also think she has Robyn whispering, "Hang in...there's hope" in her ear on the regular. She is getting mixed signals from Kootie and his head only wife. 

• Useful 4
  • Love 13
11 minutes ago, Adiba said:

@Tuxcat, you make some very good points. When Meri was first exposed by the catfish and when Mariah treated her mother like shit, I certainly had some sympathy for Meri. I really don’t blame her for looking for affection and attention elsewhere. I think Kody treated her and still treats her deplorably. 
While I don’t think Meri should have to wear a scarlet letter nor sackcloth for her actions, I do take issue with her saying she was not going to leave Kody for Sam. She was, or most certainly considered it. I really wish she would stop trying to spin the story that she only wanted friendship from the catfish and only went along with it to “save the family.” Baloney.

She doesn’t have to say anything at all publicly at this point. She could tell the interviewer “no comment”— it’s in the past.

I think it’s forgotten that Mariah treated Meri so badly because Mariah knew the object of Meri’s affection was a catfish. When Meri was exposed and tried to shift blame, Mariah wasn’t going to go along with that because she knew that’s not how it happened. 

• Useful 2
  • Love 22

I hope the interviewer ups her game in the next episode, because she did a p**s poor job in this one. When Meri said that the fracture in her relationship with Kody didn't happen because/when the cat fishing happened, I expected the interviewer to ask when it had happened. Nope. Crickets.  Likewise I was waiting for her to ask Kody how it was OK for the nanny and her husband to come to Robyn's every day. I guess that is being addressed next epi. As someone upthread said, I want her to ask in the same way as Christine did. What. Does. The. Nanny. Do?  And more importantly, why was that OK when he was so anal with everyone else?

There was way too much padding with showing clips of old epis and THs. About the only thing that made me go hmmmm was at the very first when a producer told Robyn to show less cleavage so she tightened up her scarf a bit. Maybe the producers are driving the frumpy, obedient Robyn storyline, not Robyn? 

Edited by UsernameFatigue
  • Love 11
17 minutes ago, TurtlePower said:

I think it’s forgotten that Mariah treated Meri so badly because Mariah knew the object of Meri’s affection was a catfish. When Meri was exposed and tried to shift blame, Mariah wasn’t going to go along with that because she knew that’s not how it happened. 

Yes, Mariah was big on the “I told you so” aspect, but not so much on any empathy for her mother’s humiliation. I guess I just do not like Mariah, so my opinion of her may be quite biased.

• Love 16

I'm just starting to read the comments.  I watched while doing my indoor biking this a.m.

I have to say:  all I can see when I look at Kootie is the penis and testicles someone outlined and was posted here!  It suits that dickhead to a T!  🤮

Robyn and her fake crying, saying "it makes me angry" at the end, when the host made the comment that Robyn has the only full-functioning marriage with that asshole, should have lit her pants on fire.  Lying bitch.  I'm sure I'll have more to say when I read all of your comments!

• LOL 7
  • Love 13
1 hour ago, crimson23 said:

I have been closely watching Robyn during all the fake crying sessions.  I think all the tears are stuck in her neck

That will be one massive tidal wave if they're ever released!

• LOL 4
10 hours ago, MsTree said:

Serious question: Why the use of the word "fellowship" or "full-fledged" as it relates to intimacy?  Is the word sex verboten in their "religion"???

I kept thinking of all the fundies who use “fellowship” as a verb when they mean staying after church for coffee or something. Kody and his appropriated lingo. 

• LOL 4
  • Love 5
1 minute ago, Tabbygirl521 said:

I kept thinking of all the fundies who use “fellowship” as a verb when they mean staying after church for coffee or something. Kody and his appropriated lingo. 

It gives "Join us in the parlor after the service for punch and fellowship" a compelling new dimension.  

• LOL 24
4 hours ago, Cetacean said:

I wonder if she will apologize to the aunt from whom she hid in a bathroom stall.  Her aunt bailed a long time ago and Christine was horrible to her.

Yes!  And so was Sobbyn.  "Do NOT make me a victim, sweetie!!!"  Bitch.

So "fellowship" means sex?  That doesn't make sense, to me, anyway.  Isn't that what church members do with one another on Sunday?  Like meet up for coffee and conversation?  That's what I thought it was.

• LOL 3
  • Love 13
3 hours ago, Tuxcat said:

Seriously what is wrong with his picture? Are we living in the days of Hester Prynne? Meri was targeted, lured, deliberately exploited, and publicly shamed for entering into an emotional relationship with a man who was in fact a predatory woman. 

And we want to give more power to Kody in this situation by damning Meri for her vulnerability? Who the hell cares if Meri was going to leave him. She should have. 

Kody had been withholding love, honor, respect, care, and emotional and physical intimacy for years prior to the catfishing. She was single. He made her that way. We've seen him punish his wives over and over again -- yet we want Meri to stand up and say " Kody, I'm so so so sorry.  Yes, I was terribly wrong. I'm so so so  sorry I screwed a banana while talking to a woman I thought was a man. I'm so so so sorry that I dared to consider what life might be like outside of this family in which you get to have three other wives, but I have nothing. And I'm sorry that my name is basically shit in this family and that I have been branded unlovable and that pictures of my banana are splashed across the internet. I was wrong. You were right, I am worthless."

Why do we want to strip her of any more dignity and give this power to Kody yet again? What good will this do? Kody doesn't want her anyway. He iced her out long ago.  Admitting her "wrongdoing" does nothing.  It only reinforces an already incredibly unhealthy power dynamic.

This is so well said. Thank you!!

• Love 13
21 minutes ago, Tabbygirl521 said:

I posted my comment before I saw yours, and we think the same thing.  

• Love 1

I think why Meri and Jannelle stay is because in their religion they are stuck together in eternity/afterlife even if they leave him now, they think they will spend eternity together.

Meri and Cody should’ve divorced when he wanted to marry Janelle.  Meri did not want to be in a polygamous family. Cody looks at polygamy as a way to have a ton of kids, when the wives stop becoming pregnant they are cast off. Christine has picked up on this and left.  I would guess Meri and Jannelle don’t have the self esteem/need show income and believe the eternity crap so they stay. I think once it became clear Meri wouldn’t be having more kids (more than 10 years ago) the intimacy ended, she’s being kind to say it’s only been a decade.

• Love 5

I see the fellowship vs full functioning marriage as...

Fellowship...looking you in the eye when speaking, engaging in conversation and at least pretending to enjoy yourself in anothers company. Extra fellowship may even be actual emotional intimacy.

Full functioning marriage...everything plus at minimum sexual contact on birthdays and anniversarys but most likely the hot unabashed monkey sex when with Robyn.

• LOL 4
  • Love 5
3 hours ago, RedDelicious said:

Why can't she say why she ACTUALLY did it? Quit making up all this bullsh*t. I don't mean that she needs to admit she was wrong for what she did, I mean why can't she say out loud what all of us see and know to be true? Just say it!! 

If Meri were to say why she did it, imo Kody would probably blow up and ice her out even more than he already has, because he (like all narcs) cannot handle the slightest bit of criticism.

• Love 15
5 hours ago, laurakaye said:

If the interviewer has ever watched this show, she should've just sat back as Sobyn cued up the waterworks and maybe flipped through her notes or played Candy Crush on her phone until Robyn stopped.  The fact that she had to ask an intern to bring Robyn some tissues was so cringe.  Again, if she'd watched the show she would've known to just have a literal pyramid of open boxes of Kleenex on the table right in front of Robyn because of course she was going to start crying 30 seconds into plopping her butt down on that chair.  I literally burst of laughing as soon as she started blubbering.   

They should have cued up a montage of Robyn sobbin' over the years!

Did anyone else think Meri has had a lot of botox? Her forehead was super smooth and didn't move at all, nor did her eyebrows. Once I started looking at it I couldn't see anything else!

• Useful 4
  • LOL 2
  • Love 2