Type keyword(s) to search

S16.E11: One on One (Part 1)

Scarlett45
  • Start Topic

2 hours ago, steff13 said:

Did she really choose it, though?  That's how she was raised.  Her family raised her to keep sweet and be a good sister wife.  There is not indication that they encouraged or even valued education for women.  I think she's coming to terms with that now, but I don't think she can be blamed for living the culture she was raised to believe was right. 

For twelve years she stayed in a nothing sister wife relationship. 

Christine is no shrinking violet. She saw the writing on the wall but chose to stay. 

Years ago things were different. Social media changed everything. 

Christine chose to stay on the reality show for the glamour and $$$!   That was never in her culture!

• Love 8
23 minutes ago, scenicbyway said:

I think why Meri and Jannelle stay is because in their religion they are stuck together in eternity/afterlife even if they leave him now, they think they will spend eternity together.

Meri and Cody should’ve divorced when he wanted to marry Janelle.  Meri did not want to be in a polygamous family. Cody looks at polygamy as a way to have a ton of kids, when the wives stop becoming pregnant they are cast off. Christine has picked up on this and left.  I would guess Meri and Jannelle don’t have the self esteem/need show income and believe the eternity crap so they stay. I think once it became clear Meri wouldn’t be having more kids (more than 10 years ago) the intimacy ended, she’s being kind to say it’s only been a decade.

I seem to remember Meri saying she had a miscarriage when Mariah was, I think, 12?  So apparently Kootie was still being conjugal with her up until then.  I guess that was more than a decade ago.  I guess they won't tell the rill reason they stopped having sex if it was before Meri had her emotional affair.

• Love 10
3 hours ago, Absolom said:

Kody's control issues remind me of Jim Bob during the hearing before Josh's trial.  He was even trying to control the judge. Narcissistic control freaks are amazing to watch as long as you don't have to live with them.

Is there a tape of that hearing?  I’d love to see JimBob off the show speaking. TIA

• Love 2
43 minutes ago, Jeanne222 said:

Christine is no shrinking violet. She saw the writing on the wall but chose to stay. 

Christine chose to stay on the reality show for the glamour and $$$!   That was never in her culture!

She chose to stay because Kody wanted it, and she believed he was the head of the household.  You don't just overcome that kind of indoctrination overnight.  

ETA: what I mean to say is, Kody said they're doing the show, so they're doing the show.  They may have wanted it for different reasons, but Christine really believed in the lifestyle and she was always going to do what Kody thought was right.  She's gotten older and the scales have fallen from her eyes, so to speak.  

Edited by steff13
  • Love 23

Years ago, Christine's only source of income if she left Kody and Janelle was to go get a real job. And Christine is not the first woman who would rather sit in a crappy marriage than get her ass out there and financially support herself. I fully believe Christine popped out kid after kid long after she knew her marriage wasn't good. She certainly knew before she got pregnant with Truely. Robyn made things worse, but they were never all that great. Some of the blame for this mess falls on Christine. 

• Love 19
6 hours ago, BAForever said:

Can we please send in questions for the next tell nothing. My first question-

Robyn/Kody- "There are 3 adults, two teens and two elementary-aged children in your home. Why do you have a nanny when Christine had 7 elementary aged and younger children for years?"

^^  THIS! THIS!! 100% THIS! ^^

• Love 24
16 hours ago, Kbo said:

Like they so often do, they gave away the best bits in the preview. I want to know WHY Kody is saying the trust was broken and intimacy ended before the catfish incident. Could Meri have had a real life affair?  Was so annoyed they didn’t pursue that line of questioning. 

All the talk of fellowship made me think of Lord of the Rings. Is Koduche Pass the new Mordor?  And more importantly, why would anyone want fellowship with Kody?

Robyn was dressed like a JC Penney ad from 1987. Just as bad as LLR in its own way. 

I will not believe Meri is staying for any reason other than show money unless and until the show gets cancelled and then she stays. Not holding my breath!

She looks like she shops at the same place my 93 year old relative frequents.

• LOL 1
  • Love 11
3 hours ago, SongbirdHollow said:

I agree. However, she is robbing herself of the chance to find a loving relationship by staying. That’s sad. 

I wonder though, since Kody isn't "allowed" to leave a wife, could Meri date and potentially find a new love?  Hmmm🤔

• LOL 1
  • Love 5
3 hours ago, TurtlePower said:

I think it’s forgotten that Mariah treated Meri so badly because Mariah knew the object of Meri’s affection was a catfish. When Meri was exposed and tried to shift blame, Mariah wasn’t going to go along with that because she knew that’s not how it happened. 

This!

Add to that, that Meri not once lived up to her mistakes. She kept on playing the victim who wasn't at fault. Frankly, that would drive everyone mad.  I'm sure Mariah would have reacted differently if only she had said "I'm sorry, I made a terrible mistake" but she never did.

• Love 19

I don’t feel sorry for any of these people. They agreed to a lifestyle that on its face is horrible for women. Christine allowed herself to be a breed sow for 6 kids for Himself. I think he hasn’t touched her since Truly was conceived. 

Hey whatever happened to Paedon? She always says “her girls”. No one mentions him. 

Meri‘s just along for the ride. Cash. 

• LOL 1
  • Love 15
2 minutes ago, Quickbeam said:

Hey whatever happened to Paedon? She always says “her girls”. No one mentions him.

There's a Paedon?  I couldn't pick Paedon, Gwendlyn and Garrison out of a line-up, even if my life depended on it.  

• LOL 7
  • Love 3
5 hours ago, AZChristian said:

I've only watched the first few minutes so far.  But I came here to read everyone's snarky comments about Janelle videotaping herself driving (apparently to the studio) with that one big old pink curler in the front of her hair.  Tacky!!!

But there were no comments in this thread about the curler . . . until now.  LOL.

Not so unusual in some circles.  On many occasions I, and most of my friends, acquaintances, and hundreds of strangers have pulled up to a competition and/or photo shoot with that very look and sometimes even stranger "accessories" stuck to or poking out of my head.

4 hours ago, suzeecat said:

I found it very interesting that at one point Kody mentioned the fact that he has "two other wives", while discussing something about Robyn.  Kody only acknowledges that he has THREE TOTAL WIVES.  I'm wondering if Meri caught that . . .

I'm pretty sure this was filmed after Christine left so he is correct in that statement - besides Robyn there was only Janelle and Meri

50 minutes ago, kassa said:

I think Janelle's happy where she is. She's got grown children and is going to enjoy being a grandmother and experiencing those kids in ways she missed with her own kids growing up (similar to how many of our fathers who worked and weren't demonstrative with us suddenly became actively engaged with grandchildren)

She likes her garden and her tv shows and going fishing and the occasional heavy metal concert. Kody can stay or go and she's fond of him so she hopes he stays, but she's not going to chase him if it's inconvenient to doing what she feels like. A cabin or trailer off to the side of the pond and occasional get-togethers with the extended family are pleasant prospects but she's not invested enough in any of the "adult" relationships to take sides in the others' battles.  She does seem to believe in plural marriage, so she appears to be comfortable with Kody ensuring her afterlife and not ambitious to find a better man to do it.

Years ago I predicted her kids would be spread out in different states and Grandma Janelle would roll her trailer up to each one in turn, stay a few months, then move on to the next, occasionally seeing Kody if she was in whatever town he landed in. I still imagine that's how things will unfold. 

And you know what?  I think this sounds like a dream arrangement.  Call him if I have some heavy lifting that needs to be done then maybe feed him and send him on his way.  I can get help when I need it but otherwise, I can get back to the business of doing whatever I want to do.  All the benefits and none of the hassle.  

• LOL 5
  • Love 14
20 minutes ago, Quickbeam said:

I don’t feel sorry for any of these people. They agreed to a lifestyle that on its face is horrible for women. Christine allowed herself to be a breed sow for 6 kids for Himself. I think he hasn’t touched her since Truly was conceived. 

Meri‘s just along for the ride. Cash. 

When she mentions "her girls" I think she is meaning the ones who lived at home with her when this all started heating up. So Gwen, Ysabel and Truely. 

• Love 18
3 hours ago, OldWiseOne said:

They should have cued up a montage of Robyn sobbin' over the years!

Did anyone else think Meri has had a lot of botox? Her forehead was super smooth and didn't move at all, nor did her eyebrows. Once I started looking at it I couldn't see anything else!

Kody definitely has. His mouth is so tight, it distracts me sometimes. 

• LOL 4
  • Love 5
7 hours ago, Tuxcat said:

Seriously what is wrong with his picture? Are we living in the days of Hester Prynne? Meri was targeted, lured, deliberately exploited, and publicly shamed for entering into an emotional relationship with a man who was in fact a predatory woman. 

And we want to give more power to Kody in this situation by damning Meri for her vulnerability? Who the hell cares if Meri was going to leave him. She should have. 

Kody had been withholding love, honor, respect, care, and emotional and physical intimacy for years prior to the catfishing. She was single. He made her that way. We've seen him punish his wives over and over again -- yet we want Meri to stand up and say " Kody, I'm so so so sorry.  Yes, I was terribly wrong. I'm so so so  sorry I screwed a banana while talking to a woman I thought was a man. I'm so so so sorry that I dared to consider what life might be like outside of this family in which you get to have three other wives, but I have nothing. And I'm sorry that my name is basically shit in this family and that I have been branded unlovable and that pictures of my banana are splashed across the internet. I was wrong. You were right, I am worthless."

Why do we want to strip her of any more dignity and give this power to Kody yet again? What good will this do? Kody doesn't want her anyway. He iced her out long ago.  Admitting her "wrongdoing" does nothing.  It only reinforces an already incredibly unhealthy power dynamic.

So VERY well said.

• Love 21

A couple of things on this episode. 

When they showed the old clips, I was really taken with the scenes from the dinner Janelle arranged. First, when  Christine said she felt hated in the family, Janelle had no reaction. I bet Christine had already shared those feelings with Janelle. I would love to see those 2 leave Kodouche together and be like 2 grandmas in one house. I think their kids would love it.

Second, was Robyn's expression. I can't quite put my finger on what her face was saying. Disgust? Horror? If she was trying to convey shock, that's not even close to what I saw in her face. She's just horrible.

Finally, what exactly is a husband's commitment to his wives in polygamy? He can't leave but he doesn't have to see them, have sex with them, or support them financially, emotionally, etc. So he can abandon (get over it, Kodouche) them, hold them hostage to their religious commitment but not do anything else for or to them??

• Love 22
20 hours ago, Adeejay said:

I was surprised to hear that Meri and Kody hadn’t been intimate for over a decade. Based on the timeline, this was before the catfish incident.  Now I understand why she was so ripe for the picking. 

Let’s see if I understand this.  Robyn and her kids live in a five-bedroom mansion with a nanny, while the other wives live in three-bedroom houses. And yet, Kody had the nerve to say that she gets “the shit end of the stick.”  This guy is unreal. 

Except Meri… she’s always lived in the biggest mansion she could lay her hands on.

one of her rentals actually had 2 master suites plus another 6 bedrooms, in Las Vegas Meri demanded one thing after another, French doors, wet bar etc, etc until the realtor had to tell her to quit bothering the contractor.

She’s capable of being a very demanding bitch when she wants to…. Too bad she doesn’t turn that side of herself loose on Kootie.

a couple of Meri’s rentals which she lived in all by herself while Janelle and Christine made do with smaller homes.

F4EC6318-CE89-48C2-BFC3-D4787257F6DB.jpeg

2C0FC5DF-9FB3-431E-8B4A-3FBCF30FBA7A.jpeg

• Useful 1
  • Love 11
1 hour ago, MamaGee said:

A couple of things on this episode. 

When they showed the old clips, I was really taken with the scenes from the dinner Janelle arranged. First, when  Christine said she felt hated in the family, Janelle had no reaction. I bet Christine had already shared those feelings with Janelle. I would love to see those 2 leave Kodouche together and be like 2 grandmas in one house. I think their kids would love it.

Second, was Robyn's expression. I can't quite put my finger on what her face was saying. Disgust? Horror? If she was trying to convey shock, that's not even close to what I saw in her face. She's just horrible.

Finally, what exactly is a husband's commitment to his wives in polygamy? He can't leave but he doesn't have to see them, have sex with them, or support them financially, emotionally, etc. So he can abandon (get over it, Kodouche) them, hold them hostage to their religious commitment but not do anything else for or to them??

Apparently, YES, the KING can do whatever in the hell he wants!  No one can question the King!

• LOL 1
  • Love 3

I know she caused a lot of her own misery and she's a bitch, but I feel pity for Meri. She married really young and then watched her new husband marry her brother's ex wife and make baby after baby. You can tell no one in the family cares about her at all, but she keeps clinging and I think Robyn convinced her there is still hope. It's really sad.

What are they going to talk about for another two hours?? I like the new host though.

• Love 16
2 hours ago, I8A 4RE said:

When she mentions "her girls" I think she is meaning the ones who lived at home with her when this all started heating up. So Gwen, Ysabel and Truely. 

Exactly. She is referring to the girls who were at home in Flagstaff. I believe Paedon was in the military and is now living near Aspyn.  He seems to be around in all the Utah family functions.

• Useful 1
  • Love 9
24 minutes ago, Joan of Argh said:

I thought that was very telling, Janelle sat there like a giant boulder with no emotion as Christine said she felt “hated” in the family but the minute Robyn squinted her eyes and dry cried about being the “pink elephant in the room” Janelle flew out of her chair like Batman reacting to the bat signal and threw her arms around Robyn, consoling her and lamenting how “NO, NO, NO, NOT AT ALL!!”  And how terrible she felt for Robyn to even think she was a problem! 🙄

Robyn knows damn well that she’s the reason Kody has withdrawn more and more from the other wives but once again no one at that table was wiling to be honest about Robyn and her REAL effect on the family because they’re scared of Kody and how he’d react if someone dares to question how things have changed since Robyn joined the family.

1,000X YES!  

• LOL 2
  • Love 6
15 hours ago, Pooky said:

Omg just stop bullshitting around. My god. Kody has to flower everything up, his words and phrases are just down right ludicrous.

Janelle says one thing then the minute she is questioned changes her mind.. She can't follow a damn thing.

Meri is like a puppy dog starved of affection begging for love.

Christine is doing her annoying whispering voice and talking in riddles.

As for Robyn just f off already you caused this so stop playing the bewildered victim.

Knew it would be like this softly softly bs. Disappointing to say the very least!

The usual "tell-nothing."

I, for one, am not impressed with Christine.  She didn't leave a few years ago when she was being treated far worse because it wouldn't have been convenient.  Now that her kids are older, more like friends, and she has married kids and grands to visit and live with, it suits her just fine to go it so-called "alone."  She's probably not even leaving him; just relocating...

Edited by all4mom2
  • Love 10
8 hours ago, suzeecat said:

I found it very interesting that at one point Kody mentioned the fact that he has "two other wives", while discussing something about Robyn.  Kody only acknowledges that he has THREE TOTAL WIVES.  I'm wondering if Meri caught that . . .

I know I did catch it.  When he enumerates the family, Meri is NOT on the list.  

And has far as Kody not feeling safe with Meri, it is she who is not safe with him.  None of them, not even the kids, are safe with him.  He is one sick dude.

I am still proud of Christine for not accepting the pact with the Devil that Meri has accepted.  Staying with that awful excuse for a man is the wrong answer, mountain or no mountain.  He deserves to lose all of them, except Robyn.

• Love 18
3 hours ago, MamaGee said:

He can give them his last name and knock them up.... Guess that sort of sums it up?

• Love 10
43 minutes ago, all4mom2 said:

The usual "tell-nothing."

I, for one, am not impressed with Christine.  She didn't leave a few years ago when she was being treated far worse because it wouldn't have been convenient.  Now that her kids are older, more like friends, and she has married kids and grands to visit and live with, it suits her just fine to go it so-called "alone."  She's probably not even leaving him; just relocating...

A lot of people wait until the kids are grown to divorce 

• Useful 3
  • Love 19
18 minutes ago, mythoughtis said:

A lot of people wait until the kids are grown to divorce 

But in this case, it wasn't for the kids' sake since they never saw their dad anyway. 

It's because it now suits HER to move.

• Love 4
12 hours ago, Tuxcat said:

I screwed a banana while talking to a woman I thought was a man.

If that was her Tindr profile I'd be pretty impressed.

My takeaway is that none of these people have the emotional maturity or insight to figure out these relationships in a somewhat healthy way. The fact that they went on this long is a testament to their religious programming.

• Love 12
4 hours ago, Joan of Argh said:

I agree it would benefit Meri the MOST if she’d just sit there and OWN IT ALL!… Don't be ashamed! Don’t mealy mouth around and try to whimper, spin and avoid the truth!

I’d like to see Meri tell the interviewer that “HELL YES I was looking for affection and YES I was going to leave when I thought I’d found it!..Because Kody ABANDONED me emotionally and physically long before the catfish and he treated me like shit!”

but we’ll never see that because Meri isn’t a “strong woman” “boss babe” …. She’s a coward, she was only ready to leave when she thought she had another MAN to run off with.

When Meri was head wife she was good at bullying her sister wives and their children and Kody let her get away with it because he didn’t love those wives or children, he enjoyed the wives jockeying for his affection but now it’s different, he loves Robyn and he won’t allow it.

Meri sucks up and defends Robyn because it pleases Kody, she fawns over Robyns kids because it pleases Kody… she makes me sick. 🤮

Yes! you nailed it Joan! 👍

Meri was a miserable bitch to Janelle, Christine and their small children because they were easy targets, she's a cowardly asshole when it comes to dealing with the real villains, Kotex and Robochyn

I'm not buying it at all that Meri loves Robyn's kids, she never liked the other kids and treated them like dirt.

I wish Maddie would've gone into more detail when she referred to Meri as a monster who terrorized her her entire childhood and how happy she was to be away from her and her ugly personality.

• Love 17
3 hours ago, AdorkableWitch said:

I think you are discounting something important.

Christine was taught her entire life the only way to get into heaven was via her husband. It is one of the ways that groups like this keep wives in line. It takes a lot to overcome that kind of programming. 

I agree wirh this. I would like to add that her mom leaving her dad had an impact on her, it was even discussed on the show. Her mom was shunned by family in the church. Reminiscent of FLDS moms shown on Escaping Polygamy.

I'll speculate Christine did not want her children to know the devastation of divorce. 

• Useful 1
  • Love 22