Type keyword(s) to search

S16.E11: One on One (Part 1)

Scarlett45
  • Start Topic

The Browns sit down individually to talk about their most contentious season yet. Kody, Christine and Meri answer burning questions about the current state of their relationships, and the rest of the family discusses the challenges brought on by COVID.

Air Date: January 30, 2022

So Meri and Kody stopped being intimate 10+ years ago. That was when Robyn joined the family.  Wish they had brought that up. 

So in their religion, the man is not allowed to spiritually divorce a wife? Is that Kodys excuse for keeping Christine and Meri in limbo? Little confused by what he was saying about a double standard in that context. 

• Useful 2
  • Love 20

I actually like the way they edited the clips. I'm guessing lots of footage to wade through. 

I like the way the interviewer agrees wirh them to keep them talking. She just let Kody roll. Excellent. She led Robyn down her poor pitiful path. Lol.

Meri seemed angry, and a tch defensive at some of the Qs. Kody? Slightly? Unhinged, still more honest than Meri.

• Love 21

10 years or so was the move to Vegas and the wet bar.  Mariah going to a private school in Utah while Logan went to the local state school. Meri was being very difficult.  That’s when I thought things ended for them,  because Robyn tried very hard to be the  un-Meri 

Edited by mythoughtis
  • Useful 5
  • Love 17
13 minutes ago, Onecattoo said:

So apparently Kody froze out his other wives when he married Robyn, forcing Christine to spend  over a decade battling for scraps and working so hard to improve a marriage he was no longer interested in, sending Mary looking for any scraps of love and attention from strangers on the internet…but he sees no blame for himself in all that?  He’s just pissed beyond belief that first Mary would have left him if the “guy” had been genuine and she hadn’t been catfished, and now Christine did leave him when he admitted the last couple of years with no intimacy are the forever plan.  He is vile. He has been a failure as a husband since he took his 2nd wife.  

100000% This!!

• Love 22
Just now, MsTree said:

Serious question: Why the use of the word "fellowship" or "full-fledged" as it relates to intimacy?  Is the word sex verboten in their "religion"???

Not sure about it relating to intimacy… maybe it’s too graphic for their modest godly lifestyle.. 🙄

I noticed kody said “sex” a few times while talking about Covid restrictions.

• Useful 2
  • Love 5
Just now, Joan of Argh said:

Not sure about it relating to intimacy… maybe it’s too graphic for their modest godly lifestyle.. 🙄

I noticed kody said “sex” a few times while talking about Covid restrictions.

I was totally bored with him rehashing the covid restrictions and must have fast-forwarded those few times.

• Love 8
6 hours ago, WhatsUpDummy said:

Jesus, Robyn looks beaten down. Kody must be an energy vampire, just sucking the life right out of her. I don’t feel sorry for her; you reap what you sow but it’s interesting to see how the tables have turned; Meri, Janelle, and Christine all look better than they did 10 years ago IMO, and Robyn looks like she’s aged 30 years. 

That's what living with Kody does to you 😂🤣

• LOL 6
  • Love 13

Omg just stop bullshitting around. My god. Kody has to flower everything up, his words and phrases are just down right ludicrous.

Janelle says one thing then the minute she is questioned changes her mind.. She can't follow a damn thing.

Meri is like a puppy dog starved of affection begging for love.

Christine is doing her annoying whispering voice and talking in riddles.

As for Robyn just f off already you caused this so stop playing the bewildered victim.

Knew it would be like this softly softly bs. Disappointing to say the very least!

• Love 21
8 hours ago, Kbo said:

Like they so often do, they gave away the best bits in the preview. I want to know WHY Kody is saying the trust was broken and intimacy ended before the catfish incident. Could Meri have had a real life affair?  Was so annoyed they didn’t pursue that line of questioning. 

Maybe, but also maybe he was pressuring her to get pregnant any way possible (IVF etc.) since that is his whole focus and she didn't.  Maybe he felt that she didn't share his feelings about their spiritual mission.  I really would love to know. 

• Useful 2
  • Love 6
44 minutes ago, Granny58 said:

Maybe, but also maybe he was pressuring her to get pregnant any way possible (IVF etc.) since that is his whole focus and she didn't.  Maybe he felt that she didn't share his feelings about their spiritual mission.  I really would love to know. 

That is also about a decade ago.  Because Robyn made the surrogacy offer right  after Sol was born, and Meri didn’t answer that for months, finally saying no.  So it probably is part of it.  

• Useful 3
  • Love 7

Surely Christine doesn't really believe she is divorced, since she was never married legally to Cody? She apparently didn't think she was married when she signed up for food stamps. She does know that divorces must go through the courts, right? I sort of feel sorry for her, but not a whole lot. 

• Love 17
40 minutes ago, laurakaye said:

Also as long as I'm being shallow, watching Meri lumber into her chair like a linebacker in her skinny jeans two sizes too small also cracked me right up.  She couldn't have dug out a LuLaNo Sarah combined with a Carlie and a Rachel with maybe a nice pair of Janets to create an outfit for the brand she supposedly loves so much?!

Oh, me too! I legit LOLed. That lumbering/loping was too much - she looked like Snuffleupagus.

• LOL 21
  • Love 2
10 hours ago, Adeejay said:

I was surprised to hear that Meri and Kody hadn’t been intimate for over a decade. Based on the timeline, this was before the catfish incident.  Now I understand why she was so ripe for the picking. 

Let’s see if I understand this.  Robyn and her kids live in a five-bedroom mansion with a nanny, while the other wives live in three-bedroom houses.  And yet, Kody had the nerve to say that she gets “the shit end of the stick.”  This guy is unreal. 

Have you forgotten that KODY also lives there all the time!! He knows what he is talking about!  lmao

• Love 7