Type keyword(s) to search

S19.E11: Haute Hair

• Start Topic

1 minute ago, Straycat80 said:

Sucks that Aaron got booted on his birthday but that design was awful, I didn’t like the raincoat either. What was he thinking?! 
I felt this episode was another product advertisement, this time for Tresemme. 
Chasity deserved the win, the hair was cool too. 
I thought it was ironic the guest job criticized Christina’s models bust not being supported when her giant boobs were all squashed in a way too tight top. She could not have been very comfortable could she? 

Precious and Elaine were both wearing designs by Christian tonight. I think Precious looked like she was about to pop out at any moment. 

• Useful 2
  • Love 16

I’m so sad that Aaron’s gone.  I can’t believe that Bones outlasted him.  But that was a bad outfit.  Wasn’t there something in last week’s preview were Aaron was complaining about never winning a challenge.  Did I miss that?

i thought Christina’s outfit was horrible.  So surprised when they praised it.

I liked Shantell’s the best.

• Love 18

I just got in in time for the runway. Will have to watch the whole episode.

So Arianna is the model's name. The one who Zayden and Prajje went home designing for. I was just wondering at the end of the last episode... have Kristina or Shantal ever gotten a plus size model.? and here we are. I guess she looked better than Zayden or Prajje had her looking, but really where is anyone wearing that? (and I like Kristina).

Shantal has a  sharp eye and can really make some clothes. I don't think we've seen anything from her where she didn't know where to stop. They made the right choice IMO, though. Chasity's was a runway moment like they stated, and the garment and the hair complemented each other.

I don't mean to be harsh or anything, but Coral could have gone too. I'll bet she goes next. It's enough already with the macrame.

• Love 24

I completely thought it was going to be Kristina and Aaron in the bottom. Kristina's outfit was terrible! I was so surprised she was at the top. 

I didn't necessarily think Coral's was so bad. I liked the juxtaposition of the sleeker jacket with the more wild hair. I did not love the long fringe hanging off though. 

• Love 13
30 minutes ago, Angeleyes said:

Precious and Elaine were both wearing designs by Christian tonight.

OMG. And I was coming here to say they both looked half naked. Christian and I do not have the same aesthetic.

2 minutes ago, T Summer said:

It's enough already with the macrame.

Absolutely. Every time the judges go crazy for it all I can think of is plant hangers from the 70s.

• LOL 13
  • Love 11
10 minutes ago, njbchlover said:

I could not stop staring at the guest judge's breasts....and I kept asking myself - where are her nipples?  The bustier or whatever it was that was below the sheer top was very low - I just could not figure it out!  

Same!  Still can't figure it out. 

• Love 16

Someone needs to learn how to style White girl hair.  That was awful.   Sloppy and ugly.  

Chasity lucked out with the most talented hair stylist, and the model wore it well, that was awesome 

• Love 24
14 minutes ago, AntManBee said:

Was there a blur over Precious’s decolletage? 

No, she was wearing a very, very tight black bustier with see thru fabric and her boobs were so smashed they were almost up to her chin. It was so bizarre. 

• Love 17

Chasity's look was very dramatic and her win was well deserved; still, I liked Shantall's better.  The tiger stripe just isn't my thing. 

Not sad at all that Aaron got the boot, as I've not forgotten how ugly and vicious he was to Bones a few episodes back.  I think Bones is much more talented and mature designer and person anyway, and hope he makes it to the finale.

Coral should give the macrame a rest.

Also, I can't imagine having breasts as large as the guest judge.  That would really, really suck.

• Love 19

This episode made me reminisce about Prajje.  He is more talented than at least half, and maybe all, of these designers.  Sigh.

People always complain that the plus size models are always in the bottom designs, but this time, Kristina at least proved that theory wrong. 

Both Aaron and Coral had very conventional models.

Edited by Ms Blue Jay
  • Love 8
40 minutes ago, TazDevil said:

Same!  Still can't figure it out. 

The whole time I was trying to figure out where her nipples were. The only thing I can think of is that it wasn’t see through and there was a skin tone liner (maybe a spandex liner). It was so distracting. 

• Like 1
  • Useful 2
  • Love 14

I've liked the designs of both Aaron and Coral, until tonight.  Both of them are very talented and put a lot of work into their creations.  Aaron designed a very complex rain trench with a very flawed jumpsuit, while Coral missed the mark- none of her outfit/hair was cohesive.  I would have liked to see Aaron stay, but the judges were never as impressed with him as I was.  

• Love 22
1 hour ago, millennium said:

Don't want to think too much about Aaron telling Christian, "I love a pearl necklace."

I'm glad you mentioned it, I was hoping I wasn't the only one who wondered about it.

Why is Coral still there? Aaron at least had a jacket that went with the hair Coral just did what she wanted & didn't care about the hair.

I loved Shantal's white pants & jacket with the mesh top.

Edited by GaT
  • Love 18

This elimination seemed fair. Aaron’s look was a disaster and he knew it.

Coral probably won’t (and shouldn’t) make it to the finale, especially if she continues to treat challenges as mere suggestions! If there is a neon colored ballgown challenge coming up, count on Coral to submit a pastel fringy frock. Sometimes it is hard to tell if she is a risk taker or risk averse or … just eccentric. 

Anyway, I won’t miss Aaron or his string of ho hum near-hits.  (Why was he talking about pearl necklaces when Christian handed him a pearl purse?? I was waiting for cricket sounds or a clue from the editing team that, yes, something weirdly suggestive just happened.)

Edited by adore
formatting fail
  • Love 9
3 hours ago, Kerbearjo said:

The whole time I was trying to figure out where her nipples were. The only thing I can think of is that it wasn’t see through and there was a skin tone liner (maybe a spandex liner). It was so distracting. 

As a person with pendulous breasts myself, I believe what she is doing is taking her downward pointing breasts and "folding" them into the bottom of a bra cup in an effort to create a rounded breast and disguise that her nipples hang so low they could be tucked into her waist band.  Not very effective though when you put sheer fabric over the whole works.  I had a coworker who sewed beads into her bra cups to further the illusion of perkier breasts with centered nipples under suits, but never wore sheer fabrics. 

• Useful 13
  • Love 2
26 minutes ago, adore said:

(Why was he talking about pearl necklaces when Christian handed him a pearl purse?? I was waiting for cricket sounds or a clue from the editing team that, yes, something weirdly suggestive just happened.)

Pearl necklace refers to a specfic sex act.   ZZ Top has a famous song about it. It was a bit shocking he would say that to Christian but there have been other sexual comments made toward him this season. Christian seems to like it.  

• Useful 1
  • Love 2
1 minute ago, Desert Rat said:

Pearl necklace refers to a specfic sex act.   ZZ Top has a famous song about it. It was a bit shocking he would say that to Christian but there have been other sexual comments made toward him this season. Christian seems to like it.  

I know what it is. I cringed when I thought that's what he meant. Ew.

• Love 9

I have to say Aaron was the right one to go. The raincoat was nice, but that jumpsuit underneath was just terrible. It was so unlike what he normally does no one would have picked it out from other designs as his if they didn't know who made it. He just had poor planning this episode.

• Love 8
8 hours ago, Desert Rat said:

He was the only designer I really wanted to see in the finale. These judges suck.

I totally agree.  I'm to the point of not caring who wins now.  See ya next season, PR.

• Love 16
9 hours ago, njbchlover said:

I could not stop staring at the guest judge's breasts....and I kept asking myself - where are her nipples?  The bustier or whatever it was that was below the sheer top was very low - I just could not figure it out!  

I can’t agree with you more.  I couldn’t even pay attention to the judging because her boobs were so distracting.  Why would a woman want the viewers to only focus on that! There was so much boob at the overflow on top I was also wondering where her nipples were.  If Christian designed that, I’m shocked.

• Love 9
56 minutes ago, Lamb18 said:

I have to say Aaron was the right one to go. The raincoat was nice, but that jumpsuit underneath was just terrible. It was so unlike what he normally does no one would have picked it out from other designs as his if they didn't know who made it. He just had poor planning this episode.

When he was already low on time and started weaving to mimic braiding on that jumpsuit, I knew he was doomed.  Just make a simple dress and call it a day!

I'm going to believe he meant a literal pearl necklace because he designs for ladies who lunch.  LALALALALLAAAAA  I can't hear you....!!!!

Kristina's was awful.  As a larger woman myself, that much flowing fabric is never flattering.  And she originally talked about Gatsby - I didn't see that at all.  How did that design mesh with finger waves exactly?

• LOL 2
  • Love 19
9 hours ago, Kitty Redstone said:

Chasity's look was very dramatic and her win was well deserved; still, I liked Shantall's better.  The tiger stripe just isn't my thing. 

I had thought Chasity said she was going to get an ethnic print. I definitely wasn't expecting animal, but maybe there weren't many print options? It seems unlikely since Mood is massive. I didn't love the tiger print either. 

• Love 10
11 hours ago, Ohiopirate02 said:

Her boobs were very distracting. I was trying to figure hoe she did not have a nip slip. I was also waiting for one or both of them to break free.  

yes, very distracting!  those things couldn't have been real, right?  is it possible that she got some kind of implants with no nips?

because i don't see where they could have been with all that was showing

• Love 4
29 minutes ago, TexasGal said:

When he was already low on time and started weaving to mimic braiding on that jumpsuit, I knew he was doomed.  Just make a simple dress and call it a day!

No kidding. Just make a tube dress (or a crop top and circle skirt maybe to match the silhouette) to show off the coat. Instead the jumpsuit competed for attention. Disaster!

Coral's look was constructed better but it was not a good look. The skirt was boring. The jacket with the macramé hanging off of it looked sloppy. And it really didn't match the hair at all. 

I did love Chasity's look for being dramatic but I wish she'd chosen a different print. As it was, it did look a bit like a costume.

Shantall's look was great and very 90s throwback that's currently trendy. I think the coat should have been cropped though. I don't really understand what happened with her leather. She said it was rotten? Mood sells rotten leather?

I would have put Kristina in the safe group, teetering on bottom. That wasn't really a great look and I don't know at all what it had to do with the finger waves. And I don't understand why her model didn't bring a bra to the fitting? She's a plus sized model and while I know that designers have had her go braless in the past she should still be showing up with a convertible bra in case she needs it. 

• Useful 1
  • Love 14

This season is probably my least favorite of all the Bravo seasons. Too much drama (in the first few episodes, anyway) and too little talent. 

I'm sorry to see Aaron go because I thought he would have created an interesting collection. I knew he'd be in the bottom, and I figured Coral would be too. But my third would have been Chasity. Yes, her dress was a good fit for the hair, but I really didn't like the dress. Maybe it was the sequins around the slashes, which really cheapened the look. I also thought there was too much going on. (Is that a Heidi-ism?) 

I thought Kristina's was interesting, but it was middle at best.

Shantell's was probably my favorite. 

What was the little tiff between Shantell and Kristina at the notions' counter? I think I missed something. 

Edited by Jordan Baker
  • Love 9
6 hours ago, Desert Rat said:

6 hours ago, adore said:

I know what it is. I cringed when I thought that's what he meant. Ew.

Yes, Aaron said it. And, yes, ew. But production decided to leave it in.

• Love 1