Type keyword(s) to search

S19.E11: Haute Hair

• Start Topic

This thread reminds me of when I found out what Jackson Brown's song "Rosie" was really about...I was totally shocked.  I was very innocent back in the day.

I thought Aaron should have stayed.  Both of them made bad outfits but statistically I do not think Aaron had ever been in the bottom whereas Coral has routinely been in the bottom.  But when you are judging not only on the garments but also on social justice issues this is what you get.  I miss the old days when it was okay to be hateful as long as you made beautiful garments.  I thought this show was about fashion, not about your personal life choices (this was illustrated in the episode where Anna was eliminated...Elaine actually said in her defense "but her back story was so compelling (I might have paraphrased a bit)".  Seriously?  

• Love 3
13 hours ago, RoxiP said:

This thread reminds me of when I found out what Jackson Brown's song "Rosie" was really about...I was totally shocked.  I was very innocent back in the day.

I thought Aaron should have stayed.  Both of them made bad outfits but statistically I do not think Aaron had ever been in the bottom whereas Coral has routinely been in the bottom.  But when you are judging not only on the garments but also on social justice issues this is what you get.  I miss the old days when it was okay to be hateful as long as you made beautiful garments.  I thought this show was about fashion, not about your personal life choices (this was illustrated in the episode where Anna was eliminated...Elaine actually said in her defense "but her back story was so compelling (I might have paraphrased a bit)".  Seriously?  

Yeah, the last few seasons, the fashions have taken a backseat to whatever whims. I remember a a couple of seasons ago, the contestants were told to make an outfit representing an issue important to them. One contestant made his about bees and how they are disappearing is troubling. Elaine was happy because she said, that’s not want we meant, Seriously, bees dying is actually a really, really bad thing for our planet. It wasn’t about issues that concerned her personally. I wasn’t a fan of hers before and now I truly dislike her. Now, if she educated herself or listened to his story about why losing bees was a problem, she actually may have learned something new.

• Love 7