Type keyword(s) to search

S19.E11: Haute Hair

• Start Topic

11 hours ago, T Summer said:

So Arianna is the model's name. The one who Zayden and Prajje went home designing for.

Daryana.  Who shows up for a model fitting without a bra.  Gurrrrrllll.  Well maybe now we know why her boobs look bad in anything any of the designers make for her.

11 hours ago, njbchlover said:

I felt bad for Aaron - what a crappy birthday gift! 

And the Reality Competition Show Birthday Curse manifests itself yet again...

11 hours ago, Bluesky said:

Someone needs to learn how to style White girl hair.  That was awful.   Sloppy and ugly.  

#irony ?

11 hours ago, Kitty Redstone said:

Also, I can't imagine having breasts as large as the guest judge.  That would really, really suck.

It does suck.  But you know what makes it more tolerable?  NOT wearing them like you've donned a life preserver!  Let them breathe, lady!

11 hours ago, Fellaway said:

What was up with Kristina and the wig and "one of the Pattys"? There are "Pattys"? What have I been missing here?

It's what Bones calls his wigs, after Patti LaBelle.  They explained it a few episodes back.  I have to admit I cracked a smile at "Russian Spy Patti."

7 hours ago, eyelash said:

As a person with pendulous breasts myself, I believe what she is doing is taking her downward pointing breasts and "folding" them into the bottom of a bra cup in an effort to create a rounded breast and disguise that her nipples hang so low they could be tucked into her waist band.  Not very effective though when you put sheer fabric over the whole works.  I had a coworker who sewed beads into her bra cups to further the illusion of perkier breasts with centered nipples under suits, but never wore sheer fabrics. 

This is a far kinder way of saying "It looks like she shaped those damn things like dinner rolls and then shoved them in her top to rise."  I've got me some swangin' boobies myself, but try to adjust them so my nipples are somewhat forward-facing.  That couldn't be comfortable.

15 minutes ago, cpcathy said:

This is one of the worst runways this season. That said, still love this show and just not feeling the contestants. I can’t tell the “long dark hair parted in the middle” women apart.

I am FINALLY able to tell them apart *and* remember their names.  

Edited by Lovecat
  • LOL 3
  • Love 18
2 hours ago, Emmeline said:

I can’t agree with you more.  I couldn’t even pay attention to the judging because her boobs were so distracting.  Why would a woman want the viewers to only focus on that! There was so much boob at the overflow on top I was also wondering where her nipples were.  If Christian designed that, I’m shocked.

Whoever took her measurements must have taken those of her much smaller assistant by mistake . . .

12 minutes ago, Angeleyes said:

This is Christian’s post from last night. 
https://www.instagram.com/csiriano/p/CYsbQ_iLdNM/?utm_medium=copy_link

63FEE3CA-3CDA-4E99-B2C2-14B78BF1F0A6.jpeg

The appalling nipple-less top half is made even worse by the bottom half.  She's basically wearing an undergarment made for a woman half her size.  And if she doesn't like living and dealing with those breasts, there is such a thing as breast reduction surgery.  Or bra extenders.

• Love 9
13 hours ago, Madding crowd said:

They needed two days for this challenge. Collaboration with a hairstylist is difficult to begin with and being rushed made it worse. My favorite outfit was the one Bones made because it seemed to fit the hairstyle and was original. I hated the striped half jacket outfit, where would you go wearing that? I guess Aaron deserved to go but I would have liked seeing a final collection from him.

Agree with all. Bones dress was gorgeous and creative, but I did love the winners look too. That mess that Christina made. no, that is not how any women I know “like to dress” Elaine.

Edited by Lady of nod
  • Love 10

I could not stop staring at the guest judge's breasts....and I kept asking myself - where are her nipples?  The bustier or whatever it was that was below the sheer top was very low - I just could not figure it out!  

I felt bad for Aaron - what a crappy birthday gift!  I know his jumpsuit was a hot mess, but I liked the concept of the raincoat.  I don't know if I would wear it personally, but I could see someone else rocking it.  Also, his outfit was totally in keeping with the design challenge (again), where Coral's wasn't. 

Same here for just about all of this! I didn't like the raincoat, but it looked well made despite what I suspect is a difficult material. And, yeah, that jumpsuit was terrible, but it's not like he thought it was good; he just had some mishaps and figured something would be better than nothing, I guess. And, I too was completely nipple-baffled!

• Love 8
1 hour ago, vibeology said:

Coral's look was constructed better but it was not a good look. The skirt was boring. The jacket with the macramé hanging off of it looked sloppy. And it really didn't match the hair at all. 

I think Coral thought the model's hair would be smoother, like in the style the model had the first time.  Coral should have stuck with all macrame, for a boho theme to go along with the more messy/casual hair style the hair stylist planned.  And it should have been a differnt color.  Black was too harsh for the hair look, as was that structured jacket.

2 hours ago, vibeology said:

Shantall's look was great and very 90s throwback that's currently trendy. I think the coat should have been cropped though. I don't really understand what happened with her leather. She said it was rotten? Mood sells rotten leather?

I think she made the pants too tight and without a zipper, so the model could only pull them on, so yeah, of fucking course they ripped.  Leather is not a "pull on pants" fabric!  My guess is it was very thin leather that should not have been used for pants, but used as applique.

3 hours ago, Lamb18 said:

I have to say Aaron was the right one to go. The raincoat was nice, but that jumpsuit underneath was just terrible. It was so unlike what he normally does no one would have picked it out from other designs as his if they didn't know who made it. He just had poor planning this episode.

Aaron made the mistake of choosing two fabrics he had little experience with - vinyl and neoprene.  The vinyl raincoat was great, but it took too long to create, leaving him little for the jumpsuit.  Then the neoprene was a terrible choice!  If he'd picked any other fabric, he likely would have had the time to construct and fit it properly.

• Love 8
1 hour ago, Lovecat said:

Daryana.  Who shows up for a model fitting without a bra.  Gurrrrrllll.  Well maybe now we know why her boobs look bad in anything any of the designers make for her.

Her boobs look bad because these designers have no clue how to design for boobs, even smaller ones, but definitely not for larger ones.  Kristina admitted she needed a bra with her design, but the design didn't allow for it.  Oh, really?  Are you not the designer?  Did you not know she had breasts?  Why design something for a woman who can't go braless that required her to go braless?  If you do design that way, then your top better have structured support so she doesn't need a bra.  Coral failed, as all the designers do becasue they don't actually give a shit about designing for women's bodies, but for stick thin models.  They want to make art that looks good on string beans, not fashion for women.

Edited by izabella
  • Useful 1
  • Love 16
14 minutes ago, izabella said:

I think Coral thought the model's hair would be smoother, like in the style the model had the first time.  Coral should have stuck with all macrame, for a boho theme to go along with the more messy/casual hair style the hair stylist planned.  And it should have been a differnt color.  Black was too harsh for the hair look, as was that structured jacket.

I think she made the pants too tight and without a zipper, so the model could only pull them on, so yeah, of fucking course they ripped.  Leather is not a "pull on pants" fabric!  My guess is it was very thin leather that should not have been used for pants, but used as applique.

Aaron made the mistake of choosing two fabrics he had little experience with - vinyl and neoprene.  The vinyl raincoat was great, but it took too long to create, leaving him little for the jumpsuit.  Then the neoprene was a terrible choice!  If he'd picked any other fabric, he likely would have had the time to construct and fit it properly.

Aaron should have ditched the jumpsuit idea and made a neoprene tube dress.  I think there was some issues because he had already cut the neoprene into a pants pattern, so he could't reconfigure the already cut material into anything else but a jumpsuit.  

If he had made a neoprene tube dress in the blue, with some of that braiding accent in yellow, I think he would have won the challenge.

I remember several seasons ago (I can't remember which season it was), a few of the designers seemed to use neoprene quite often when making body-con dresses and pencil skirts.  

I really think that the judges (specifically Elaine) just plainly did not like Aaron as much as some of the female designers - I've said it before - it's very obvious in her critiques of their outfits.  She especially has a thing for Coral's designs - I guess Elaine likes macrame.  

Edited by njbchlover
  • Useful 1
  • Love 16
1 hour ago, Lady of nod said:

Agree with all. Bones dress was gorgeous and creative, but I did love the winners look too. That mess that Christina made. no, that is not how any women I know “like to dress” Elaine.

I hated those material swirls Bone put on the front of the top.  Definitely will not work if you have boobs. 

• Love 7
3 minutes ago, Bluesky said:

I hated those material swirls Bone put on the front of the top.  Definitely will not work if you have boobs. 

Seeing as that top was mostly sheer and had zero structure, the entire thing wouldn't work if you have boobs.  I didn't like that skirt, either.  I liked the look when it was all put together, but as soon as she pulled off the miles of draped fabric, it was cringey for me.

Edited by izabella
  • Love 8
13 hours ago, sheshark said:

Nina really does have a thing for Kristina.  I feel Kristina is a one-trick pony.

Dear Lord, I could not fathom the love for Kristina's look. It looked like a circus tent for nerds.

1 hour ago, Angeleyes said:

This is Christian’s post from last night. 
https://www.instagram.com/csiriano/p/CYsbQ_iLdNM/?utm_medium=copy_link

63FEE3CA-3CDA-4E99-B2C2-14B78BF1F0A6.jpeg

Ha! Precious's outfit looked like Cristian didn't read the brief. Not something that should be worn when sitting. (I mean, it's an unusual outfit altogether but definitely works far better when standing.)

Coral is a favorite of mine, but I think the issue was less about hair to jacket than it was jacket to skirt. If she had been wearing a tailored pant or jeans, I think it could have worked.

17 minutes ago, izabella said:

I think she made the pants too tight and without a zipper, so the model could only pull them on, so yeah, of fucking course they ripped.  Leather is not a "pull on pants" fabric!  

Just ask Ross Geller.

Season 5 Bathroom GIF by Friends

Not sad to see Aaron go. He has a haughty quality that I just don't enjoy. 

Chantall's was my favorite and I didn't understand the criticism. 

• LOL 5
  • Love 4
14 hours ago, Ohiopirate02 said:

Her boobs were very distracting.

She certainly wanted EVERYONE to be looking at them, didn't she?

13 hours ago, joanne3482 said:

I didn't necessarily think Coral's was so bad. I liked the juxtaposition of the sleeker jacket with the more wild hair.

I clearly do not understand what they were looking for. I also thought that they went together pretty well. I guess, what do I know?

• Love 2
14 hours ago, Angeleyes said:

Precious and Elaine were both wearing designs by Christian tonight. I think Precious looked like she was about to pop out at any moment. 

So, Precious has no nipples? What a tacky horrible look. What are those?

Elaine looked ridiculous.

• Love 6

Question:  Have there ever been this many women before in the Project Runway top five?  

Didn't much like Chasity's look at all.  The print was fine, but I found the slashes and shineys on the top—what were those things?  Sequins?  Rhinestones?  Crushed beads?—kinda cheap-looking.  She's being groomed pretty obviously for the big win, no?

My favorite outfit was Chantall's.  Didn't understand why her jacket got no LUV.  I thought it was sensational.

Aaron definitely deserved to go home for that jumpsuit.  Probably the most hideous thing I have ever seen on Project Runway (and that's saying something.)

• Love 5
42 minutes ago, Maximona said:

Question:  Have there ever been this many women before in the Project Runway top five?  

Yes:  Season 6.   Season 14 too!

Edited by AntManBee
Forgot about season 14, very easy to do…
  • Love 1

This is the first show this season I've fast forwarded through a few times.  I thought it was a poorly constructed challenge.  I can understand Coral's confusion.

It was just boring, IMO.  I'd like to see some of the process that goes into being a stylist, but this was not the way to showcase that.

Kristina basically made a bra, she just didn't make a sturdy enough one.  I did like the mix of prints and thought the black and white mix was good with the hair style.  That model looked pretty good for a change.

• Love 13

I'm devastated.  Aaron was my choice to win this thing.  I am just shocked that they didn't look at his past designs and take into consideration that he was on top 7 times this year.. even if he didn't win.

I was sure Kristina's was going to be the losing design.  I swear her saggy boobs..I noticed it immediately.  I have large boobs and would hate to have them sagging like that.  Nothing to say about the judge's boobs.. I was just distracted looking at them.

I knew Chastity (lol I edited it because I had typed Crystal) was winning this.  Editing showed it for sure.

Edited by NYGirl
  • Love 12
14 hours ago, millennium said:

I can't wait for it to be over.  Of course, if the show follows its current trajectory it means a worse season will follow.

Don't want to think too much about Aaron telling Christian, "I love a pearl necklace."

They both admirably and straighfacedly let it slide. 

• Love 2
1 hour ago, LennieBriscoe said:

They both admirably and straighfacedly let it slide. 

Admirable isn't an adjective that springs to mind in this situation.   It was all kinds of wrong.   Perhaps Aaron thinks because they're both gay, it's okay to say things like that.   But it's not.   It's sexual harassment in the workplace.  If a man made a suggestive comment like  that to a female supervisor in a professional situation, he'd likely be terminated and the company/corporation he works for potentially sued.

They're all so "woke" yet they don't get something as basic as sex jokes in the workplace aren't acceptable anymore?   On the other hand, maybe I'm foolish for viewing the workroom as a work place.   That perception has been undermined this season by shirtless Bones, lewd Darren from earlier in the season, crying Christina, in-everybody's-face Prajje, etc.

Edited by millennium
  • Love 13
44 minutes ago, millennium said:

Admirable isn't an adjective that springs to mind in this situation.   It was all kinds of wrong.   Perhaps Aaron thinks because they're both gay, it's okay to say things like that.   But it's not.   It's sexual harassment in the workplace.  If a man made a suggestive comment like  that to a female supervisor in a professional situation, he'd likely be terminated and the company/corporation he works for potentially sued.

They're all so "woke" yet they don't get something as basic as gross sex jokes in the workplace aren't acceptable anymore?   On the other hand, maybe I'm foolish for viewing the workroom as a work place.   That perception has been undermined this season by shirtless Bones, lewd Darren from earlier in the season, crying Christina, in-everybody's-face Prajje, etc.

It has been ever thus. Like, the guest judge's display.  Like past challenges to promote Heidi's line of lingerie. 

I don't know that a single wisecrack would rise to the level of HR involvement. 

At least Christian and Aaron didn't even smirk, so the chillun were saved.  

• LOL 3
  • Love 2
8 hours ago, Emmeline said:

I can’t agree with you more.  I couldn’t even pay attention to the judging because her boobs were so distracting.  Why would a woman want the viewers to only focus on that! There was so much boob at the overflow on top I was also wondering where her nipples were.  If Christian designed that, I’m shocked.

I 'think' - I'm not positive - that Christian had a dress like that in his recent collection.  I suspect that it might have been shown with a smaller-chested woman.  But the way it fit that judge, it looked like part of "The Bordello Collection."  Tres Trampy.  😜

• LOL 1
  • Love 6

I like the remaining designers, but I'm a little less excited for the remainder of the season. Aaron, Anna, Prajje, and Octavio were "interesting" designers. All the rest are great, but sort of safe and not so interesting.

• Love 3
8 hours ago, joanne3482 said:

I had thought Chasity said she was going to get an ethnic print. I definitely wasn't expecting animal, but maybe there weren't many print options? It seems unlikely since Mood is massive. I didn't love the tiger print either. 

I can 'look past' the print, but WHY that glitter on the top?  Kinda looked like school arts 'n crafts and didn't seem to match the drama of the dress.  🤔

• Love 17
4 hours ago, Maximona said:

Aaron definitely deserved to go home for that jumpsuit.  Probably the most hideous thing I have ever seen on Project Runway (and that's saying something.)

Oh goodness...EVERY outfit Geoffrey Mac put out for the finals except one dress.  Those hideous giant balloon coats...I still have nightmares of being swallowed up by one of them.  And I love Geoffrey.

• LOL 1
  • Love 5

For whatever reason, they didn't show the clip of Aaron complaining about always being "the maid of honor but never the bride." I think he should have been the winner of the housewives challenge. He didn't appear sad to be leaving. I wouldn't be surprised if he just said to heck with it and threw in the towel.

• Love 6
20 hours ago, WaltersHair said:

She looked like a car whose front seat air bags had both been deployed with a vengeance.

I disliked this episode intensely, but am afraid that any criticism would be taken the wrong way.

Oh my goodness, I was so distracted by those giant boobs,  and of course the Birthday curse was in full swing this episode.

I am getting the feeling that we are supposed to be "learning"  on PR now, rather than enjoying a competition of talented people doing creative work.

Edited by jrzy
  • Love 18
17 minutes ago, TzuShih said:

I can 'look past' the print, but WHY that glitter on the top?  Kinda looked like school arts 'n crafts and didn't seem to match the drama of the dress.  🤔

Thank you.  That glittered fabric is what ruined it for me.  It turned the outfit from acceptable to cheap.  

• Love 12

When she said "ethnic" print, I imagined some African Wax prints, and I've never seen one that was an animal print. That doesn't mean there aren't any, but they are usually bright bold patterns, beautiful.

This season is a mere shadow of what PR used to be. So flipping tacky. I'm all for being comfortable in your body, but why does it have to be popping out all over? What happened to class and good taste? You'll never convince me that Nina actually likes this current trend of plus size models crammed into size 8 clothes.  She may be playing along, but no way she likes it.

• Love 18
36 minutes ago, Adeejay said:

For whatever reason, they didn't show the clip of Aaron complaining about always being "the maid of honor but never the bride." I think he should have been the winner of the housewives challenge. He didn't appear sad to be leaving. I wouldn't be surprised if he just said to heck with it and threw in the towel.

Did he last long enough to make a decoy collection and show at Fashion Week?  A lot of past designers have considered that their primary goal, and winning is a secondary one.

• Love 3

Aaron was the right person to go. I liked what he did the first couple of weeks, but have been unimpressed ever since. 

It’s week 83, and I still forget Coral every week. I’m glad Christian saved Shantall because she’s been my favorite the last few weeks. I continue to be completely shocked by how much I like Bones.

• Love 14
53 minutes ago, dleighg said:

me too. I googled. Actually not as pearl-clutching as I expected (pun intended). Whatever.

yeah, I'm as "woke" as anyone (for a white person anyway), but lordy I got tired of being beaten over the head with "black girl power" stuff. We get it. Say it once or twice, and we GOT IT.

Honest to god!   

• Love 5
3 minutes ago, rlc said:

It’s week 83, and I still forget Coral every week.

I still can't believe they never call her out on her macrame obsession.  They constantly reamed Rami in Season 4 because he loved to drape.  

• Useful 1
  • Love 12

Coral just didn't listen to her assigned hair stylist because she stated she was going to add poofs on all sides of the model's head.  Coral then stated that she changed the design but did not tell the stylist.  So, not only did she design what she wanted without regard to the challenge, she didn't even collaborate which was the whole basis of the challenge.

Did not get the love for Chasity's design as I really did think it looked costumy-especially with the glittery additions.  

I just couldn't believe it when Kristina said her model didn't bring a bra with her.  What is that about?  I find it interesting that a professional model would not bring various items to a fitting that may be needed.  Of course, I didn't think Kristina's outfit should be in the top as it just looked unfinished and half-kimona?  How does one wear that and...why?

• Love 15
1 hour ago, meep.meep said:

Did he last long enough to make a decoy collection and show at Fashion Week?  A lot of past designers have considered that their primary goal, and winning is a secondary one.

Would they need to do decoys? The finale coincides with February Fashion Week. Decoys became a problem during the Lifetime era because the show would still be airing new episodes well after September Fashion Week.

Edited by TakomaSnark
  • Love 1

Neoprene and vinyl -- all I kept thinking was how incredibly hot and uncomfortable it sounded. While the blue jumpsuit didn't work, at least we weren't subjected to the banana pants he wanted to make in the first place. Yikes. Those were comical!

• Love 4
10 hours ago, Leeds said:

The appalling nipple-less top half is made even worse by the bottom half.  

I bet she'll make some good tips serving cocktails in Vegas though. (I assume she was headed to her shift after the show taped.)

Yep, it's official - worst season ever. Lame challenges, poor judging, subpar designers. Oh, and lots and lots of lectures. 

Edited by Josiemae
  • LOL 2
  • Love 20

A friend had a breast reduction from a k cup to c cup. It was such a huge reduction they had to tattoo nipples. The nipples were way too big for c cup breasts. I thought maybe Precious had a breast reduction  and tattoo nipples. But she's so big I don't think she had a reduction but probably needs one. 

• Useful 1
  • Love 1

I'm just glad that none of the judges batted an eye at Bone's lame attempt at tear-jerking with his dad's heart surgery story. That dress was a red pile of ugly.

Who is Precious Lee and should I care?

Edited by Tony
  • Love 10

Ugh...I'm sorry but how can Cristina be in the top 2?? I'm sure I'm in the minority but I didn't think it served justice to a larger frame..WAY too much fabric. Guess that's why I'm not a designer..lol

• Love 18